[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 24-9-2005 12:54 PM | Show all posts
Greenbottle,

WOW!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-9-2005 01:18 PM | Show all posts
Shida,
Book Catalogue, DEWEY DECIMAL CLASSIFICATION.
http://www.oclc.org/dewey/resources/summaries/deweysummaries.pdf

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2005 10:53 AM | Show all posts

software utk catalog home library

assalamualaikum!

tengah baca buku ke? dah lama tak menjenguk..hai hamy!

menjawab persoalan shidaaziz - I got a solution to your question.

camna nak catalog buku - I found a software yang kita cuma key-in ISBN number, lepas tu software tu akan check kat internet (amazon.com, library of congress, etc) - dia akan matchkan ISBN number tu dengan info/ database yang ada. The most special thing - siap ada gambar front cover buku dan general info - so takyah taip.

ada sapa-sapa berminat nak tau lebih lanjut? I can make a trial copy software ni on CD, pos it to you and give some general instruction on how to start (I have done it for my home library!). Kos - RM10 je, sebagai upah jumpa software!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2005 08:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 24-9-2005 01:18 PM
Shida,
Book Catalogue, DEWEY DECIMAL CLASSIFICATION.
http://www.oclc.org/dewey/resources/summaries/deweysummaries.pdf

terima kasih. shida dah tengok. berguna ni.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-9-2005 11:21 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MamaAlya at 27-9-2005 10:53 AM
assalamualaikum!

tengah baca buku ke? dah lama tak menjenguk..hai hamy!

waalaikumsalam!.........hai Mama
Yelah lama menghilang...nampaknya mama dah beli software tu ye?
rm10 tu untuk trial aje ke? :cak:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-9-2005 11:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by shidaaziz at 28-9-2005 08:48 AM

terima kasih. shida dah tengok. berguna ni.

Hamy pun dah review, not bad! :cak:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-9-2005 08:47 PM | Show all posts
I'm tongue tied, Greenbottle...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2005 11:09 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 28-9-2005 11:21 AM

waalaikumsalam!.........hai Mama
Yelah lama menghilang...nampaknya mama dah beli software tu ye?
rm10 tu untuk trial aje ke? :cak:

haa....RM10 tu software trial tapi boleh catalagkan up to 100 books. Maknanya memang boleh pakai. Tak payah beli full software version (USD40). I will include instruction step by step how to start.

masa i try ari tu, kelam kabut jugak sebab ingat nak testing je. Once you get the hang of it - senang je. Susun dulu buku-buku make sure mana yang dah key-in, mana yg belum. Kacang!

What's more, you can even generate money from your books using this software. Wouldn't it be nice, the books on the shelf is working for $$$ - so that we can buy more books!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-10-2005 05:23 PM | Show all posts
Guys...selamat berpuasa, ish ish ish manalah gambor library korang ni....

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2005 05:59 AM | Show all posts
penuh buku satu bilik wehhhh...maleh dah aku kemas......dewan masyarakat versi 70 an pong ade......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-10-2005 08:45 AM | Show all posts
wah dahsyat tu.... kiranya jadi bilik bacaan lah ye :p

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 09:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 21-9-2005 05:53 PM

wah!  cantiknya design almari ni.
even ada bench bole duduk2x kat window.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-11-2005 01:08 PM | Show all posts

mine not much...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2005 12:33 AM | Show all posts
That's a VERY GOOD start hamyhaireen!!!...

and here's a nice funny article on how to arrange books and where to put them...

and by the way...book lovers are highly reccommended to go to guardian newspaper book sections...they ualways  review very good books ..

http://books.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,16488,1649560,00.html

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2005 08:41 AM | Show all posts
Thanks Greenbottle.

ps : Hebat tak Payless book clearance? Tak dgr khabar berita dari sesiapa yang pergi pun.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2005 08:47 AM | Show all posts
Here is the article suggested by Greenbottle.

Filled with shelf doubt

I am paralysed with indecision about which books to put on display and how to arrange them

Susie Boyt
Thursday November 24, 2005
The Guardian

Alphabetical or by genre - how do you do it?

No one in her right mind would display her wardrobe on open racks and shelves in the living room for all to see: the bad mistakes, the telling array of sizes, that dented tin of Doom to Moth, the smell of sweat deodorised. It would be more exposure than anyone could bear.
I've always felt a little like this about books too. Until now I have kept mine stowed away, around the walls in my office, in the bedroom, piled up on the landing out of sight, even under the beds. I've never felt books added much to any room visually, as long as you can always find one when you need one.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But recently I have had cause to revise my opinions: one of my daughter's friends asked her mother why we don't have any books in our home, and I'm not sleeping well because the stack of books next to my bed is so high that it is penetrating my dreams, where towers and precarious cliffs loom large. The upshot is that I now have 14 bookshelves near the front door where anyone who visits the house will see them, and I feel almost paralysed with indecision.
It's bad enough having huge gaps in your reading, even worse in your interests, without declaring it in your bookshelves. I imagine the volumes being given the once-over by one of the more waspish professors at UCL who once took me to task, rather randomly, for not being Scottish. I see their contents being analysed scathingly by a brilliant Oxford don who objected to a bunch of flowers I gave her one Christmas because she liked her flowers growing in the earth.

The absences, of course, are as shaming as the small areas of speciality. Why the nine biographies of Judy Garland? Why every book by Henry James but not a word of Hemingway? Why four annotated Tennysons? Why no Virginia Woolf? If only I could argue that the books I have simply represent me; but in that case how to explain the glut of Dryden? And where are all the embarrassing titles? Surely when none of those are on view something in the household must be seriously amiss.

I feel I should put my very best books forward in these tiresome shelves, but this just doesn't suit me. I have some fine volumes of 20th-century English and American poets, for example, but I like to have these in my writing room under my desk because I look at them most days. "My other copy of Hardy's poetry is the Variorum Edition," I hear myself protesting to the imaginary derisive professor-visitors. How sad is that?

Next is the question of what goes next to what. An alphabetical arrangement, especially for poetry, seems unsatisfactory. I become rather sentimental as I arrange the books. I recall a good conversation I had with my father about Whitman and DH Lawrence, so I put these two next to each other. I remember a wonderful essay by John Bayley comparing The Eve of Saint Agnes with The Dead, so I put Joyce and Keats side by side. After Saul Bellow died, a friend told me she had put my novels next to Saul's in her bookcase, to help him rest in peace. It was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. Another friend organises her bookshelves according to which authors she believes would have liked each other best. But that kind of ordering, for me, feels wildly presumptuous.

As with the aftermath of all my so-called home improvements, I soon begin to recognise a mistake. I love the extravagance of a flagrantly unfilled alcove and two are now lost to me for ever. Once again I remember that hardly any furniture is nicer than just having the clear space, the sense of make do and mend, books in piles where only the residents can see them. It may be hard to locate what you want, but you never know what you might find. And if any stray professors do come visiting, I'm certainly going to keep the lighting low.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-11-2005 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 23-11-2005 01:08 PM
[img]http://images.hamyhaireen.multiply.com/image/2/photos/upload/300x300/Q4KQgAoKCjUAAG290@g1.JPG?enctoken=UmFuZG9tSVYLW1sNkJnKXIGKvkzetgeK5H1.EpnH7eHCTvPoDCVazWlIk,fbI2IsfHF9pMLpNlzKK773cjGVNfa45 ...

nicely arranged... rasa nak pi jenguk je :cak:

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2005 06:30 PM | Show all posts
Koliksi saya yang non-favourite.

[ Last edited by thamrong at 7-12-2005 12:11 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2005 10:26 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by gorgonz at 26-11-2005 04:42 PM

nicely arranged... rasa nak pi jenguk je :cak:

:tq: not much la.... nak jenguk dtgle....

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2005 12:06 PM | Show all posts
Ini  buku  umah  aku

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 06:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072496 second(s), 42 queries .