Post time 25-12-2005 08:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by appropos at 25-12-2005 02:36 PM
ok have edited the posting , lets hope it shows up

barulah nampak...quite a collection...:hmm:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-12-2005 11:14 PM | Show all posts
ai....reshaed and hamizao;

sorry if you think i'm being rude for not answering your question "are you an art collector"....i was away  a couple of weeks back and only occasionally visit here...but better late than never eh...

here's the answer....i really love art..paintings i mean...i have a fair bit of collection on art auction catalogues (christies, sotheby's and some chinese auction houses)...and art books...
i can not call myself an art collector because i can not afford to be one...so i just dream that all the museums of the world are shared property which all citizens of the world own togather...so whenever i go anywhere overseas...visiting great art galleries and museums is a must....I  have a thread in "art and culture" called "art addict"...you can visit there to see what i feel about art...

yes...i have may be about 40 paintings in my collection but these are by completely unknown artists...it's more like my souvenirs which i pick up from my travels...you can see some of the examples in this 'art addict' thread...and i'm still picking up ....my dream is one day i'm going to collect LOCAL malaysian art....may be start with some new young up and coming unknowns...

...and i love books...books to read for PLEASURE...well , since some very clever girl in this forum has discovered my blog about books...i'm going to post the address here so that all of you can visit if you like..i don't update too often though...and some of the postings have appeared in this forum already in edited version...and be warned...it's not terribly pollitically correct...but then again it's my blog and it's just my opinion right??...

http://booked1.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2005 11:37 AM | Show all posts
Hi, Greenbottle3,

Thanks for your kind reply. I have saved your blog and will check it out in time. Hope you have had a wonderful trip.

I realise the forumners in this thread are truely nice book crazy ppl...

[ Last edited by hamizao at 26-12-2005 11:41 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2005 04:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by appropos at 24-12-2005 01:03 PM
been meaning to post photos of wont say my library its more of a storage space now , too unorganised to be a library-

bestnyer.. banyaknyer buku!!

Use magic Report

Post time 26-12-2005 05:31 PM | Show all posts
Wolla, Appropos..:cool::cool::cool:

Yeah we all have our days don't we? But, I hope this thread would help encourage you to do it sooner as it did to me....heheheh.

The other half of me library is still awaiting some more organization. H..E..L..P ! I need all hands on deck.:ketuk::ketuk::ketuk::ketuk:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-12-2005 11:56 AM | Show all posts

Finally. The payless mini library .....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 28-12-2005 02:19 PM | Show all posts
Lets zoom in...

psssttt : im not big fan of Keyes

Use magic Report

Post time 29-12-2005 12:22 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 28-12-2005 11:56 AM

Finally. The payless mini library .....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:[/ ...

how very true :bgrin:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-12-2005 10:02 AM | Show all posts
allo...

Selamat Tahun Baru 2006 untuk semuaa!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 30-12-2005 10:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by divasweet_77 at 30-12-2005 10:02 AM
allo...

Selamat Tahun Baru 2006 untuk semuaa!!!

Happy New Year Diva :pompom::pompom:

Azam tahun baru nak beli buku banyak2 w/pun masih banyak yang blom habis baca :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-12-2005 03:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Hamyhaireen at 28-12-2005 02:19 PM
Lets zoom in...

[img]http://images.hamyhaireen.multiply.com/image/1/photos/29/500x500/1.JPG?enctoken=UmFuZG9tSVYjqDelDqh8uiMICadHeVZxQjOkBJsm6dSo6 ...

ish mana lak ilang semua image ni:stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 30-12-2005 08:30 PM | Show all posts
eyp gb3...sorry for not replying earlier.....oohh...yeah..it is expensive right?

Originally posted by Greenbottle3 at 25-12-2005 11:14 PM
so i just dream that all the museums of the world are shared property which all citizens of the world own togather.

have u went to the british museum?coz u said u travel a lot? went there, and OMG, it was sooo interesting!!!there are TOO MANY things for me to see and look, and learn!!!! and all of that for FREE!!!!maybe i'll upload the pics in ur board later?

they only leave a box for ur donations so that they can maintain the museum...it was either (they call it a donation but they state the amount that you should give?irony? he he...) 3 pund, 5 euro, or 5 dollars...

i mean, even if they were to double or triple or make it as expensive as madame tussaud's, i'd still gonna go there! it's worth it......

[ Last edited by raeshad at 30-12-2005 08:31 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 31-12-2005 12:41 AM | Show all posts
Been to British Musuem twice myself during the good old days. Once to see the Tutenkhamen exhibition ....I was kind of crazy about Egyptology then. This was a special thing so had to join so many ppl in the queue. Don't remember anymore how much I paid for the entry though.

Second time was a normal visit...nothing special and of all places, I got lost in the Egyptology section. Allahmak, how small I felt amongs those giant-sized statues! After that I never went back there ...heheheh!

You have a good time, Rae.

[ Last edited by hamizao at 31-12-2005 12:43 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 31-12-2005 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Raeshead;

i gather from your postings that you're NOW studying in Europe...ireland somewhere...
so do make FULL use of your time there ...travel and  see all the great things in Europe...yes...saya dah pergi ke british museum...last feb 05 in fact...and yes i love it....actually stayed near london for about a year sometimes back....

yes..PEASE DO COME into ART ADDICT thread..it's OPEN FOR EVERYBODY to post and paste pictures of what touch them...so do post pics from british museum etc there...

actually when i say 'museums'....i include ART museums...funny why they say museum but i guess because some of these art/paintings are very very old....

Use magic Report

Post time 31-12-2005 04:50 PM | Show all posts
eppy new yr... wish tis coming 06..dpt baca more than 05....

tgok  koleksi  korang... malu nak paste gm br kat rumah....
ni kat kids sect. di library awm kuala trg

my doter's corner kat rumah  .

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-1-2006 06:40 AM | Show all posts

Reply #174 Greenbottle3's post

yeap..in dublin...i will....fancy myself some euro trip later on...

hami...u got lost? dont blame u..it is titanic....both the museum + the artifacts....

i have to go there for a second time if i were to really appreciate it!! and i think i'll do...hopefully....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-1-2006 08:36 PM | Show all posts
mak aii.. jeles bebenor ngan you all.. got all those opportunities to visit all those museums..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2006 03:07 AM | Show all posts
ala div....dont be...but seriously, it's worth it...best sgt....div kumpul a duit...leh travel tmpt orang....it's sure gonna be an enjoyable experience...

i'm gonna do the same too..(kumpul duit..)he he...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2006 03:10 AM | Show all posts
luper plak, rae dah buat topic kat arts and culture regarding the pics in british museum, kalu div or anybody else nk tgk, it's here - http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... ge=1&highlight=

it's still under construction......n sorry kalu gamba tak lawa sgt..my bad....

Use magic Report

Post time 2-1-2006 09:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by raeshad at 2-1-2006 03:07 AM
ala div....dont be...but seriously, it's worth it...best sgt....div kumpul a duit...leh travel tmpt orang....it's sure gonna be an enjoyable experience...

i'm gonna do the same too..(kumpul du ...

memang nak buat pun.. skang ni tgh cari biz opportunity (kecil-kecilan) so bleh dapat xtra income untuk buat travelling.. wakakakaka.. semangat taun baru beb..

p/s: pegi kinokuniya tadi.. baru tau betul ada wrapping srvice.. hehehehe.. just bought buidling a website for dummies.. hehehehe

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 06:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.156401 second(s), 45 queries .