Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: batu kikir

ONLY "NOT SO SMART" PEOPLE INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS

[Copy link]
Post time 28-9-2005 06:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 28-9-2005 03:22 PM

susah nak cakap fixed income ni not so much risk..
sbb bila cakap pasal fixed income ni...the return (interest rate) is fixed...but there are still price risk..meaning that still ada possibi ...

Exactly!.. you got it right!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-9-2005 10:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 28-9-2005 06:06 PM

Hi,

Pretty simple answer,

That is the beauty of UT.  Even you bounded by Bond, you must remember that there are 3 type of source of return from UT which are:

1. The rise in unit price ...

other fixed income portfolio tu kat mana plak:stp::stp:

Use magic Report

Eus This user has been deleted
Post time 30-9-2005 06:28 PM | Show all posts
What I can see here, not all who invest in UT is stupid. Some do know what they are doing..... ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2005 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 30-9-2005 06:28 PM
What I can see here, not all who invest in UT is stupid. Some do know what they are doing..... ;)

Yeap.. as the time goes by.. people are getting smarter and smarter... which is a positive thing.. so do the investor..but you remind me with one thing.."Sany, .if you are too calculative about cent, you tend to miss million dollars later...." which I totally agree.......

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2005 08:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 30-9-2005 06:28 PM

Agreed too... but also, we cant win all the time. Some time u gain, sometime u lost..
However, i also agreed that their commision and caj quite high... If possible, i prefer those comm base on performance, not fix... u make more, charge more, vice versa..

Frankly speaking, i dont know whether those guys who invest hundreds thousand or millions, do they ask for some backpay? I dont know whether they can do that or not, better ask Sany... but I do give my agent max commision they can make out of me, i think about rm100, more then that they have to return back to me.. coz if they dont, i will find someone else.. either rm100 or nothing... Can i do that Sany? or am i too smart.. hehehe..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2005 12:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #65 Andak's post

Agreed too... but also, we cant win all the time. Some time u gain, sometime u lost..
However, i also agreed that their commision and caj quite high... If possible, i prefer those comm base on performance, not fix... u make more, charge more, vice versa..

u kiddin me.. what do mean so high.. just one time commission and... base on tier... let say less than 29K...it is only 2%.. if a person like me.. with 3 luvly kids.. and only with a wife so farrrrrrr.. can't afford to live with that amount of money......I guess the commission can't even pay the house rental.. not to mention...the car.. tel bil.. foods..my karaoke bill..golfing bills.... bla bla ..my point is that... it too small as compared what these agent contributes....it is the sharing....contribution to the mankind...that keep us working as agents...plus some small extra income.

Frankly speaking, i dont know whether those guys who invest hundreds thousand or millions, do they ask for some backpay? I dont know whether they can do that or not, better ask Sany... but I do give my agent max commision they can make out of me, i think about rm100, more then that they have to return back to me.. coz if they dont, i will find someone else.. either rm100 or nothing... Can i do that Sany? or am i too smart.. hehehe..
All commissions directly goes to the agent account..

If you like to exercise that kinda habit.. to ask for backpay.. no wonder you got so many agents.. hahaahha.. you can get you money back if the agent really care about the sales or to meed up certain sales target.. coz we are paid in tier..it make a different in percentage... but do you really do to all you agent? ....

As a client.. of course you can change the agent at anytime..if you like to invest in cash.. today with Mr S...(not Sany for sureee.) tomorrow you can invest with Mr A... but for EPF.. if you are using EPF scheme.. and like to invest in the same company C.. you are allowed to change agent only after 6 months..but if like to invest in switch from company C to company D, you need only 3 months..

Andak,  

If that case...about getting  back your money...you have better become an agent.. you invest yourself...and all the money goes to you....only thennnnnnnnnnn you are smarter..

Sany
p/s I can't wait to see you.. do you wanna join me playing golf tomorrow.. at bukit beruntung? 230pm..if you can.. pls call me.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-10-2005 09:22 AM | Show all posts
Sany,

If <29k, 2%. If more, ????. What i meant by caj is that its must come with performances, if u make, no problem with the caj... What happens if for that period u lost??

Off course with 1 investor u cant pay everything but what if u get rm 1,000,000 investment... or u already got someone invest 1M with u already... gud for u my friend...

Assume u have 100 friends, not investor k... each of your friend give u 100 per month, thats give u rm 10,000 per month... not enough ka... besides that u go for other investors lah.... thats what a friend for maa, freind help friend, everybody win and everybody happy...

If i have to do everything, nanti tak da lah UT agents, nanti xda friend lak dari UT... so somebody must be someone maa...

Thanks but no thanks... i dont play golf... i know a millionares who dont play golf, so i think i want to follow him and be like him, at least in not playing golf.... hehehe... that the least i can act like a milionares... hehehe...

So, how your games??

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-10-2005 12:44 PM | Show all posts
The points I get from the discussion up till now:

1. UT is medium risk , medium return type of investment ( benchmark use is interest on savings, dividend on ASN or Tabung Haji). As UT investor, one has to monitor and analyse market thoroughly similar to someone who invest in stock market. The investment is a long term type.
Q1 - So why invest on medium return kind of investment when the work you need to do is quite much or even more than the stock investor? Nobody knows what will happen in the future not to mention the "long" future.

2. "Smart investor" too invest in UT  (which give 10 - 20% return on investment) rather than invest in something which can give double or triple or infinity to your capital outlay.
Q2 - Is this type of guy you call smart? I don't.

3. UT agent earned commission, no matter what. Bull market or bear market.
Q3 - Does this sound familiar to you?

4. Your hard earned money (which you work with your own blood, sweat and tears) is being handed to someone who is very strange to you even though he has 10-20 years experience in investing other people's money? And of course he has no guarantee that in the future he can give good return, say 10 - 20% return on your investment. He only said that based on historical facts, the return is as such.
Q4 - Does this sound "smart" honestly? Is that what happen previously will be repeated in the future?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-10-2005 01:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 3-10-2005 12:44 PM
The points I get from the discussion up till now:

1. UT is medium risk , medium return type of investment ( benchmark use is interest on savings, dividend on ASN or Tabung Haji). As UT investor, ...

To put it in simple words, what is your suggestion? Where to invest to get better return if we are concern about making money better then the bench mark plus under syariah.. We are not talking put ALL our investment in UT... Where are we suppose to invest part of our investment that we normally invest at UT.. Any suggestion??

[ Last edited by Andak at 3-10-2005 01:39 PM ]

Use magic Report

Eus This user has been deleted
Post time 3-10-2005 09:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 3-10-2005 12:44 PM

Q1 - So why invest on medium return kind of investment when the work you need to do is quite much or even more than the stock investor? Nobody knows what will happen in the future not to mention the "long" future.

When you invest in UT, it will not be smart to monitor the market on daily basis. Also, it will not be smart to monitor the 1400+ counters in the market. That will be overkill. However, it is smart to monitor the market at least on weekly basis. If you are into syariah based UT, monitor the syariah index as well as KLSE index. If you are into bond, monitor bond index too. If you read from the paper that one counter nose dive by 90%, you smile, raise your eyebrow, and continue your breakfast.

When you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia, you must pick your own counter from the 1400+ available counters, and must monitor that counter closely. If you are short-medium term player, you must monitor the market index and the sector you are in. If you are into long term, you must check the company fundemental as well. If you read from the paper that the only counter you picked nose dive by 90%, your breakfast will start to taste like rotten egg. Got it?

If you think that to monitor the market while investing in UT is the same as monitoring the market while trading counters directly, I will not say that you are "not so smart", but I will have to pity you.

;)

[ Last edited by Eus at 4-10-2005 02:28 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2005 08:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 3-10-2005 09:25 PM

When you invest in UT, it will not be smart to monitor the market on daily basis. Also, it will not be smart to monitor the 1400+ counters in the market. That will be overkill. However, it  ...

What ever kind of investment you do or where ever you invest, you must check your potfolio and your net worth periodically. List down all your assets and liabalities, see whether u are better then before.. Take necessary action to improve the situation...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2005 08:40 AM | Show all posts
to be smart investor, u must put your own effort to study the market
doesnt matter whether u invest in klse or unit trust....since there is volatility in prices
however, unit trust helps u spread your risk in the market..
whereas if u invest in klse..u have to do stock picking on your own..of course the gain will be higher since the risk is also high...

so its up to u as investor to choose...use your appetite and your brain

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 03:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 4-10-2005 08:40 AM
to be smart investor, u must put your own effort to study the market
doesnt matter whether u invest in klse or unit trust....since there is volatility in prices
however, unit trust helps u spread ...

Absolutely!.. Are you an investor yourself ..and if you are an agent, what company are you attach to ? Just curious..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 04:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 6-10-2005 03:51 PM

Absolutely!.. Are you an investor yourself ..and if you are an agent, what company are you attach to ? Just curious..

takdelaa..not an investor...not yet
nantila bila ada duit hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 04:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 6-10-2005 04:07 PM

takdelaa..not an investor...not yet
nantila bila ada duit hehe

Wow!!!.. you really impress me.. You are a future smart investor...

Would you be interested if I tell you...you still make some money out of of one's investment without being an agent?

Log on to www.investwithsany.com ...or call me.. we can discuss about it.. it is for real....

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2005 04:50 PM | Show all posts
Andak.. I am backkkkkkkkkkkkk...

Sany,

If <29k, 2%. If more, ????. What i meant by caj is that its must come with performances, if u make, no problem with the caj... What happens if for that period u lost??

Nope.. there is only one time commission for all agents.. no matter how much the clients make.. or lose later..but of course the agent like to have repeat sales.. which means that he/she has to perform... (Is that the answer?)

Off course with 1 investor u cant pay everything but what if u get rm 1,000,000 investment... or u already got someone invest 1M with u already... gud for u my friend...

Do you think it is easy to get RM1,000,000,00 a month. well people can do that....me just new in this business..that is why I need some of your money...hahaaha

Assume u have 100 friends, not investor k... each of your friend give u 100 per month, thats give u rm 10,000 per month... not enough ka... besides that u go for other investors lah.... thats what a friend for maa, freind help friend, everybody win and everybody happy...

I do have more than 100 friends.. but they all either
  a. Too ignorant to invest..
  b. No money..
  c. Have bad experiences before...

Most of my investors are friends' friend...

If i have to do everything, nanti tak da lah UT agents, nanti xda friend lak dari UT... so somebody must be someone maa...[/

If you feel ike wanna be one.. you cannnnnnn..in SBB itself...there are about 5542 agents now.. pretty competitive. but for me. it is fun.. and I am enjoying it..

Thanks but no thanks... i dont play golf... i know a millionares who dont play golf, so i think i want to follow him and be like him, at least in not playing golf.... hehehe... that the least i can act like a milionares... hehehe..

You do not have to be a millionaire to play golf...coz I am not the one YETTTTT!... I am playing golf for leasure.. and I don't spend much money on it..just a couple of hundred buck a month.. but hey.. money is not everthing...

So, how your games??

People ask me.. what is my handicapp? I say... I am not handicapp.. but normal person..so.but it is ok.. normally 2 par is good enough....

p/s when will we meet? are you going to call me next 10 years? 2015 maybe it is too late..I'll be a millionaire by that time.

[ Last edited by sany48 at 6-10-2005 04:57 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2005 08:35 AM | Show all posts
Sany, its gud u are back....

i think u got almost all wrong lah sany...
1.  Berapa % komision agent dapat kalau pelaburan lebih 29,000? Kurang dari tu, 2% kan..
2.  Bukankah lebih berpatutan sekiranya caj dikenakan berdasarkan performance of the unit... Maknanya kalau rugi, xyah caj lah... memanglah beyond yr control tp inilah yang selalu dicadangkan oleh pelabor.. Just put yourself as pelabor..
3.  Memanglah susah nak dapat rm1M tapi tak mustahilkan? KALAU dapat? Kenalah usaha lebih, barulah leh pakai jag pada umur 22tahun...
4.  Itulah saya cakap, kalau u ada 100 kawan(investor) yang leh kasi u fix rm100 sebulan, kawan lain jgnlah masukkan.. maknanya dua-dua untung maa... Takyahlah kira sanagt ngan kawan.. isi borang berapa minit jek... the best thing in business is repetative order....
5.  Macamana kita nak wat sumer.... kita ada dua tangan and dua kaki jek... lagipun sehari ada 24 jam jek.. so some of the job cam UT agent, kita biarlah orang lain wat lak.. cam u sany...
6.  I tak ckp u kena jadi millionares baru leh main golf... i ckp kawan i yang millionares pun tak main golf... as u say.. money is not everything.. so does golf... if u like golf, gud for u... i dont like golf, so let it be...

Waa sany, like that aa my friend... if i call u when u are millionares, its too late... means when u are millionares u dont need a friend which are not millionares lahh... can aa like that... i thought it never too late to meet anybody and better late then never or keep the best for the last...

Hehehe... selamat berpuasa sany... one fine day, we will meet... Insyallah..

[ Last edited by Andak at 7-10-2005 08:37 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 09:09 AM | Show all posts
Andak,

Sany, its gud u are back....

i think u got almost all wrong lah sany...
1.  Berapa % komision agent dapat kalau pelaburan lebih 29,000? Kurang dari tu, 2% kan..
There is commissin tier (Monthly sales).

> 29K  = 2.00%
     30K-49K = 2.53%
     50K-69K = 2.60%
     70K-99K = 2.70%
     100K above = 3.00%

2.  Bukankah lebih berpatutan sekiranya caj dikenakan berdasarkan performance of the unit... Maknanya kalau rugi, xyah caj lah... memanglah beyond yr control tp inilah yang selalu dicadangkan oleh pelabor.. Just put yourself as pelabor..

Do not confuse.. for SBB Mutual Berhad, there is only one time charge which includes 1st time transaction fee ..the management fee also already inclusive..no exit fee.. not matter how much the client get profit.. all belong to them..FYI.. I am in investor myself.. but mine is not that much...

3.  Memanglah susah nak dapat rm1M tapi tak mustahilkan? KALAU dapat? Kenalah usaha lebih, barulah leh pakai jag pada umur 22tahun...

Yeap.. I know..I am inspired by En Mahadi....one of a kind...but for me. there is no such an easy way..those people who are successful.. they have gone thru enough...so they deserve it..

It also shows.. age is not a limit to succeed.. as long as you really want it..

4.  Itulah saya cakap, kalau u ada 100 kawan(investor) yang leh kasi u fix rm100 sebulan, kawan lain jgnlah masukkan.. maknanya dua-dua untung maa... Takyahlah kira sanagt ngan kawan.. isi borang berapa minit jek... the best thing in business is repetative order...

I get what you are saying.. I am looking forward to do that too..insyaAllah..

5.  Macamana kita nak wat sumer.... kita ada dua tangan and dua kaki jek... lagipun sehari ada 24 jam jek.. so some of the job cam UT agent, kita biarlah orang lain wat lak.. cam u sany...

Hahahaha... sound simple enough to you.. come and join me then..

6.  I tak ckp u kena jadi millionares baru leh main golf... i ckp kawan i yang millionares pun tak main golf... as u say.. money is not everything.. so does golf... if u like golf, gud for u... i dont like golf, so let it be...

Tak kenal maka tak cinta la Andak oii.. a few months back.. I selalu pass by Guthrie golf club tu. (Area Bukit Jelutong)..I was wondering what the hack these people look for a ball ..in 12pm.. during week-end.. were they suppose to enjoy week-ned..sleeping.. mingle around with families..

When I join later them.. now I know how it is like to play golf.. it is not about style..quality ..excellent..golf is about beating the bad things within ourselves. how to control our emosions..it you are sad.. you will never can play it good....you play golf when you are happy...and it is pretty independant game...well enough about it.. if you do not like it.. there is no point discuss about it.. .  

Waa sany, like that aa my friend... if i call u when u are millionares, its too late... means when u are millionares u dont need a friend which are not millionares lahh... can aa like that... i thought it never too late to meet anybody and better late then never or keep the best for the last...

I mean.. when I am a millioanaire, I'll be going backhome.. to serve my parents. communities.. back there..part of me is belong to people home.. they need me more..it is a matter of time...I am not going to  stay in KL forever... ..so it will be difficult to reach me then....but I got a phone..you know how to reach me right.. can I get you contact from you too?

Hehehe... selamat berpuasa sany... one fine day, we will meet... Insyallah..

Selamat berpuasa Andak...I can't wait to meet you.. for better of worse...hahaha

Sany
p/s have you gone thru my website yet.. it is www.investwithsany.com ... try it if you like...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 11:00 AM | Show all posts
Sany,

Thanks for the explanation..  Now u got it right, almost..

Glad to hear that there are still gud man around to give their hand to their communities backhome... by the way, where is your hometown? Sorry MOD, off topic jap..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 11:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 7-10-2005 11:00 AM
Sany,

Thanks for the explanation..  Now u got it right, almost..

Glad to hear that there are still gud man around to give their hand to their communities backhome... by the way, where is your ...

Andak,

It has been my dreams over the years...too bad. I have been working for almost 10 years.. there is nothin much to contribute....poor Sany..

Ever since I join the program with SBB Mutual ... it is giving me some hope... to contribute.. to be a giver..at least something rather than nothin..

My home is Kedah... how about you?

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 7-10-2005 11:50 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 05:36 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.470103 second(s), 42 queries .