Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: batu kikir

ONLY "NOT SO SMART" PEOPLE INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS

[Copy link]
Post time 7-10-2005 02:51 PM | Show all posts
nak tanya sikit lah kat sany..hope u dont mind

how u recommend to ur customer on when to buy unit trust..
and based on what?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-10-2005 04:59 PM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by zamz00 at 7-10-2005 02:51 PM

and based on what? [/quote]

Zam,

Actually, in unit trust no one can tell you exacly when is the perferc time to invest. It is because some of the fund fluctuate with share market (Equity fund) But we always say..Buy at low sell at high concept as per my earlier/previouse  post as below:

Assalamualaikum/Hi,

For those whom EPF account 1 exceed RM55K, this month will be a good time to invest.. actually some of the funds unit prices has gone down and approached the mid-point within  last 52 weeks points. In unit trust we say, Buy at low Sell at high.

Let me show you what do we mean by that.

Let say,  a unit price of Dana Al-Ihsan (SBB) is RM1.00 per unit

When , it has gone down to RM0.80

1.00-0.80
------------- x 100%  = 25%

So if you buy now, at RM0.80, and finally it rises up to RM1.00, you will get 25% return
Also, if you sell at RM1.00, you will get 25% return

But if you wait until the fund is increasing rapidly...

Let say RM1.30  (At point time of buying) it rises up to RM1.50,

You will get     1.50-1.30
                        -------------- x 100% = 15.38%  only

So, you tend to get lower returns..besides getting less units

It is because, if you have RM55K in EPF acct 1, you will only be able to invest RM1K at a time

So, at RM1.00, you will get 1000 units
        at RM1.30, you will get 769.23 units only

At financial end, if the company declares unit split, 10:100,

You will get another 100 units for free instead of 76.9 units..

That is why we insist to use the Buy at low Sell at high concept.

If you EPF has not reached 55K yet, you may still invest...

There are 7 ways to invest in unit trust.. EPF scheme is one of them....you may invest thru
              i. Single Sum Investment Plan/CASH (Individual/Corporate)
                 -Cheque to SBB Mutual Berhad (Not to Sany抯 Account/No Cash)
              ii. Regular Monthly Investment Plan (Individual/Children/Corporate)  - As low as RM50.00 (1st inv RM500.00)
              iii. Auto-debit Saving Plan (BSN/SBB/MAYBANK/EON) See the detailed on schedule
              iv. Loan Financing Plan (SBB/RHB)

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 7-10-2005 11:48 AM

Andak,

It has been my dreams over the years...too bad. I have been working for almost 10 years.. there is nothin much to contribute....poor Sany..

Ever since I join the program with SBB M ...

Sany,

Wish u all the best and may all your dream comes true...

Which part of kedah? I am from melaka..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 7-10-2005 05:00 PM

Sany,

Wish u all the best and may all your dream comes true...

Which part of kedah? I am from melaka..

Andak,

To be exact..Batu 12 1/4 ..in between Yan and Pendang..going to Alor Setar....ADUN  Sala..reps by PAS, Parliment heads by UMNO..as for meeeee it make no difference who rep the place...I will still have to contribute.. as much as I can afford....

Which part of Melaka? I have gone to Tg Bidara once.. well.. it is a nice but small one....

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 7-10-2005 05:07 PM

Andak,

To be exact..Batu 12 1/4 ..in between Yan and Pendang..going to Alor Setar....ADUN  Sala..reps by PAS, Parliment heads by UMNO..as for meeeee it make no difference who rep the pla ...

Your house surrounded by bendang or what... I love being at the middle of the bendang where the padi field is huge, as far as your eyes can see... being surrounded by nature...

My place somewhere near the place you mentioned above, but not that near lah...

Ok Sany and everybody else... time to go..

Happy berbuka puasa..
Enjoy your weekend and drive carefully k..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2005 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 3-10-2005 09:25 PM
When you invest in UT, it will not be smart to monitor the market on daily basis. Also, it will not be smart to monitor the 1400+ counters in the market. That will be overkill. However, it is smart to monitor the market at least on weekly basis. If you are into syariah based UT, monitor the syariah index as well as KLSE index. If you are into bond, monitor bond index too. If you read from the paper that one counter nose dive by 90%, you smile, raise your eyebrow, and continue your breakfast.

When you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia, you must pick your own counter from the 1400+ available counters, and must monitor that counter closely. If you are short-medium term player, you must monitor the market index and the sector you are in. If you are into long term, you must check the company fundemental as well. If you read from the paper that the only counter you picked nose dive by 90%, your breakfast will start to taste like rotten egg. Got it?

Hi Eus,

Put it the other way around.

Let say you invest in UT. The next day you watch business news and one syariah counter closed up 90%. Your buka puasa will be just like any other buka puasa days.

Now you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia. The next day you watch business news and this one syariah counter you picked closed up 90%. You feel like want to celebrate the Hari Raya now. Hehe. :cak:

Anyway, smart investors like you would have place a stop loss in the first place. The 90% share price plunge would have been avoided in the first place with this practise. So I'd like to know what was in your mind when you come out with this example?:bgrin::bgrin::bgrin:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Eus This user has been deleted
Post time 7-10-2005 07:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MACD at 7-10-2005 05:54 PM

Hi Eus,

Put it the other way around.

Let say you invest in UT. The next day you watch business news and one syariah counter closed up 90%. Your buka puasa will be just like any other buka puasa days.

Now you invest directly in Bursa Malaysia. The next day you watch business news and this one syariah counter you picked closed up 90%. You feel like want to celebrate the Hari Raya now. Hehe.

Anyway, smart investors like you would have place a stop loss in the first place. The 90% share price plunge would have been avoided in the first place with this practise. So I'd like to know what was in your mind when you come out with this example?

psstt! Those who have money in UT bond fund may want to consider to switch fund to UT equity growth fund mid of this month...  :hmm:

[ Last edited by Eus at 8-10-2005 02:31 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2005 07:58 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 7-10-2005 07:40 PM

psstt! Those who have money in UT bond fund may want to consider to switch fund to UT equity growth fund mid of this month...  :hmm:

i agree..bond market fund manager have been performing quite gud recently..
however the pressure to increase the interest rate may hit them..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-10-2005 08:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 7-10-2005 04:59 PM
[quote]Originally posted by zamz00 at 7-10-2005 02:51 PM

and based on what?  ...

sany..

nak cakap buy low sell high tu ..rasanya sume org tau the theory..

cuma nak tau when is exactly the price is low..
tu yg payahnya...nak kata 80 sen tu low..it may go lower..sampai 30 sen pun ada...
just curious ur recommendation based on what...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-10-2005 10:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 8-10-2005 08:04 AM

sany..

nak cakap buy low sell high tu ..rasanya sume org tau the theory..

cuma nak tau when is exactly the price is low..
tu yg payahnya...nak kata 80 sen tu low..it may go lower..sa ...

Assalamaalaikum zamz00,

Actually, I would prefer you to decide on your own what do you really one..like this thread topic..try to act as a smart investor..which is much better..rather than hopelessly depend on the agent.. I am the agent with SBB myself .. Anyway, you must be asking how are you gonna decide now right? Well.. pretty simple

Use magic Report

Post time 10-10-2005 10:21 AM | Show all posts
Andak,

Your house surrounded by bendang or what... I love being at the middle of the bendang where the padi field is huge, as far as your eyes can see... being surrounded by nature...

Yeap....half of it.."sorrounded by nature" like you say so.....the other half is facing the main road....

Do you really mean it. love being the middle of the bendang? Well... can I ask? it is just you imagination, isn't it?...you won't do it for sure..I dunno...

What would it wanna be like... if a mobile person like you to live there? Are you prepared to :

a. At 8pm, there is not light.. no cars to pass your house compound.. if you finished ciga.. probably do wanna wait for
    the next morning to go and buy one..coz too many mr mosquitoes around..
b. If the rainy seasan. your luvly CITRA can't reach house..you to have to walk to the house..too muddy...
c. Bear more than 4 children.. after 8pm.. there is no more entertainment.. except....if you choose too..it is a choice
    though--how many children you got now?
d. No Starbuck... No Coffee Bean..but you have the tradiational one...also no streamyx.. you might have a dial up..
    but too slow...

That is the inside story of living by the nature..which of course I am accustomed to.. but I am not so sure whether you can adapt...for your whole life....

You know what.. when I was a child.. it wasssss my dream to stay the KL..so called METROPOLITAN city...
(for your case.. only when you are adult..like to stay in th middle of bendang )

Here I am now.. living here for almost 6 years.. but now I am planning to backhome.. Like I have said.. I am more belong there.. the community.. the kenduri..stuff like that. and the last but not least.. my parents... mamaaaaaa!!!! I am goingggg home soon for good..

My place somewhere near the place you mentioned above, but not that near lah..
Okey.... I have been to Melaka once... that is all...

Ok Sany and everybody else... time to go..

Happy berbuka puasa..
Enjoy your weekend and drive carefully k..

The week is over now.. time to forum again.... hahahah

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 10-10-2005 10:27 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2005 09:13 AM | Show all posts
Sany,

When i was a kid, i used to live by the bendang, the sungai... i used to help my mum planting the padi... so, i have experiences seing padi being process to become padi again... meanings i did involves in the whole process... now all history...
I do like to stay by the nature, but not all the time lah...This coming Dec, i will be at Cameron Highland for the whole week... just to recharge and refresh my body and mind.. maybe once a while, just to get away from all stone jungle over here... maybe i can drop by at your house in kedah sometime in the future, hehehe...

As u say, now is a new week. We should go back to discuss about investment...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2005 11:32 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 11-10-2005 09:13 AM
Sany,

When i was a kid, i used to live by the bendang, the sungai... i used to help my mum planting the padi... so, i have experiences seing padi being process to become padi again... meanings i ...

Andak,

It good to hear that you were history... I mean the old Andak..wow.. the whole week in Cameroon? On your own? Can I join you? .I need a peace body and mind too..

Well, to be realistic enough.... I seldom go home due to work..time..money.. stuff like that.. I tell you what. you can drop by my house here in Kg Melayu Subang at any time.... just gimme a call when you pass the place...

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 11-10-2005 07:44 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2005 01:00 PM | Show all posts
Sany,

I seldom pass by at Kg Melayu Subang... Any how, i will call u in the near future, Insyallah..
When are u going back to Kedah for raya? or now its turn to be at your inlaws... or outlows... hehehe..

Seems there are less participants in this thread now a days... maybe they understand by your and others UT  explanations... coz i don't want to be like a place of our posting about our private things down here...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2005 07:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 11-10-2005 01:00 PM
Sany,

I seldom pass by at Kg Melayu Subang... Any how, i will call u in the near future, Insyallah..
When are u going back to Kedah for raya? or now its turn to be at your inlaws... or outlows ...

Andak,

I am not sure yet.. Maybe.. by end of this month...until 7th.. I am not worry that much.. my in-laws house is about 40 min drive from my parents house...there is only one-way-traffic..

You don't have to call me..remember. we are all forumers.. that is it.. but if you wanna call.. you better call me now.. tonite... what difference does it make, right?

For this thread.. if people arenow  aware about the investment in unit trust especially... it is a good sign.. I am satisfied enough..for being able to share the info...even if they or wanna know more.. you can now log on to my website,  www.tualangenterprise.com .  I have made this website  special  for my existing clients and those who like to know more about it.. and I do think only certain agents have done that so far.. virtually...and there is no such a privacy in here too...we are good virtual forumers here.. that is all..

When are you going back home? Where is your inlaws...

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 11-10-2005 07:59 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-10-2005 07:26 AM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by sany48 at 10-10-2005 10:02 AM

Jika dilihat kepada "SBB Fact Sheet May 05" Al-Mizan,
牋Harga Beli tertinggi dlm 52 minggu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-10-2005 07:58 AM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by batu kikir at 12-10-2005 07:26 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 12-10-2005 11:40 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 12-10-2005 12:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 10-10-2005 10:02 AM

Harga Beli tertinggi dlm 52 minggu    = RM0.5086/unit
  Harga ...

My friend..I am gonna tell now..and I am not gonna repeat it .......

Now, read my lips....

No one can ever guarantee the outcome.. NOBODY....the return.....myself.. or even the Fund Managers..but still there are some speculations available.. there are a lot factors involved...

Also, investing is about risk.. but.. high risk high return..you can get return from 10-30% peryear in medium to long term investment...if you are not a risk taker.. Do not invest.. keep your money in the saving account 3%.. fixed deposit.3-4%. ASB 7-8%...Tabung Haji. 4-5%....as simple as that..do not confuse yourself...

Well.. life is all about risk too..

Feel free  to visit my website www.tualangenterprise.com

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 12-10-2005 01:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 12-10-2005 11:40 AM

takleh technical je...fundamental pun kena tgk jugak:hmm::hmm:

Maybe you like want to tell us here.. what do you wanna know about technical.....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

17-4-2024 05:03 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060760 second(s), 42 queries .