Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: batu kikir

ONLY "NOT SO SMART" PEOPLE INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 14-10-2005 07:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 13-10-2005 03:24 PM

The Roman Rule
The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.

... especially when the one who is doing it actually makes money....

;)

How much money you make? 20% , 50% .........
Please don't brag.

If you wanna be rich.....learn from rich people.
If poor people advise other people to be rich ........ how could you believe it.

Who cares you had make big bug in UT. I am just advising the majority to be extra careful with their hard earned money.  Yes their hard earned money.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-10-2005 10:53 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 13-10-2005 04:19 PM

Sany,

I am not trying to compare anything here as i know how to compare apples with apples... i am giving some info as alternatives and we can discuss their pro and cons... at least we know there is also something else out there...

It is good for you to share with forumers here.. keep up the good work..

Diversified also means u invest on some others investment vehicles... not only UT but properties, business, insurances, etc... as whatever fund available, there is a limits that can be sold.. for that particular scheme is 20M...

Exactly.. I can't say no more..but again... I am not against the 20M fund..but I am more concern how much does it help to maximise the return...

As ROI 6.5% is guaranteed return and cash dividend will varies but according to their records, min about 6%.. thats the case, it will comes up to about 12.5% besides we dont have to worry about reduce in value as they are not selling any units here... Furthermore, now they offer free gift for joining such as laptop (rm2000++), 3g hp, camera hp...

Actually, ROI is guaranteed.. but for dividend it is always depend on the market trend.. unless it does mention guaranteed dividend..the gift is excellent.. but only if one have to invest RM10K peryear, right.. how many people can afford to do that...I myself can only save like RM200 per month..only after next 3 years. I can save about RM1400.00 ..no more car installment.. credit card.. man.. it is killing me now...but I have no choice.. need a car.. credit card..

I am not an agents k... i am an investor... i just know about this one... maybe we can discuss about it... who knows maybe u will be interested, just to diversified yr investments... hehehe... at the end of the day, we want to find what the options availables and what is their pros and cons..

That is the different betwen you and I....you are not an agent.. but I do.. If I were a Proton Edar salesman, do you think it is right for me to promote Mercedes Benz to my client? hahahaha...there are some people do it. but not for me...there is an ethic to be followed...

But I am not  too obsessive with SBB...It is just that I am attached to SBB.. if the client has a money.. and like to know how to invest.. where to invest..I am willing to share..then he/she can decide ....what is the best..

Another thing is that. in SBB, you can start saving only RM500.00 for the 1st investment.. then you can save as low as RM50.00 whenever you have money....it is affordable for everyone ..low income groups.. those people who have a lot of money like Andak, they can consider investing in AMBANK.. 10K peryear..

Pro and cons is good.. but it must be followed by actions..

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 14-10-2005 12:37 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2005 11:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 14-10-2005 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Andak at 13-10-2005 04:19 PM

It is good for you to share with forumers here.. keep up the good work..

Exactly.. I can't say no more..but again... I am against  ...

Sany,

This want i want... share and discuss together... for the better of everybody.. at least we can become informed forumners...

U are right about liquidity... very high... this maybe good for those who want to invest and have no intention of taking out their money.... maybe about 20% of their money reserve for investment...

U are right about 20M, quite small... maybe they will pool the money with other AMBANK(AB) investment...as u know AB is big company with many subsidiaries... i really dont know.. i have to ask them..

Any how, thanks for the reply and explanations... i will give it a deep thought before decides..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2005 01:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Andak at 14-10-2005 11:38 AM

Sany,

This want i want... share and discuss together... for the better of everybody.. at least we can become informed forumners...

yeap.. it is about sharing.. I have learned a lot of things from forumers too..

U are right about liquidity... very high... this maybe good for those who want to invest and have no intention of taking out their money.... maybe about 20% of their money reserve for investment...

U are right about 20M, quite small... maybe they will pool the money with other AMBANK(AB) investment...as u know AB is big company with many subsidiaries... i really dont know.. i have to ask them..

Well.. if you can afford to do that I do not see why you should stop lookin into it...

Any how, thanks for the reply and explanations... i will give it a deep thought before decides..

Andak,

Do whatever you have to do.. JUST DO IT!

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2005 02:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 14-10-2005 01:58 PM

yeap.. it is about sharing.. I have learned a lot of things from forumers too..

Well.. if you can afford to do that I do not see why you should stop lookin into it...

Andak,

Do ...

Its not that easy... Maybe not as easy as nike... i still have to study it as i just want to have the best ROI for my investment..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2005 03:02 PM | Show all posts
Andak,

Who says NIKE is easy....Did you know before NIKE became internatially recognized..the owner worked  for 7 consecutive days and night to make good shoes?....

Life is full of difficulties and easy.. I choose easy...

If you really need my 5% help.. feel free to contact me ASAP.. before I close my invitation...hahhahah

Sany

[ Last edited by sany48 at 14-10-2005 03:04 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Eus This user has been deleted
Post time 14-10-2005 06:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 14-10-2005 07:31 AM

How much money you make? 20% , 50% .........
Please don't brag.

If you wanna be rich.....learn from rich people.
If poor people advise other people to be rich ........ how could you believ ...

Well... investment is not a competition, thus making money in investing is nothing to be brag about. Humility is how you should approach the investment world.

However, I think this is more of poor people advice other poor people to stay poor and be complesant with 4% interest per annum.

The Revised Roman Rule...

The one who says it cannot be done should never labelled the one who is doing it as "not so smart", especially when the one who says it cannot be done actually know nothing about how to do it...

:cak:

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2005 08:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 13-10-2005 01:53 PM

My friend forumers..

To be frank with you..

All other races esp chinese and indians.. they are far more ahead than us.. unit trust has become their second investment after insurance... ...

maybe melayu tak brapa suka benda yg bunyinya complicated mcm UT ect. susah dia orang nak buat kira2. tapi kalau labur dlm skim2 mcm pak man telo tu laju jer masuk. kidding...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-10-2005 08:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by shahgti at 15-10-2005 08:07 AM

maybe melayu tak brapa suka benda yg bunyinya complicated mcm UT ect. susah dia orang nak buat kira2. tapi kalau labur dlm skim2 mcm pak man telo tu laju jer masuk. kidding...

UT you kata complicated......ha...ha... what a joke.

Kalau you pernah buat over the counter (OTC) derivatives, especialy matching up 2 different stream of currencies (forward, forward), example USD and YEN then realised your profit in Ringgit......itu baru complicated.

UT ...ha...ha. Local brother...local

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-10-2005 08:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 14-10-2005 06:01 PM

........especially when the one who says it cannot be done actually know nothing about how to do it...

Just because you have passed the exam to be a registered UT agent.....you have the guts to say other people know nothing abt UT.

Please do not under-rate people.....

I am responsible for what I have said.

I have never said, "Pls do not invest in UT". did I? What I have said, is....... Is it wise for somebody to invest in something which have moderate to high risk with a potential return from negative to medium. And at the end of the day, the UT agent is the winner?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2005 09:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 15-10-2005 08:16 AM

UT you kata complicated......ha...ha... what a joke.

Kalau you pernah buat over the counter (OTC) derivatives, especialy matching up 2 different stream of currencies (forward, forward), exam ...

aku cuma mengandaikan melayu tak suka benda2 yg mencabar minda dia orang. aku cuma sedih tengok melayu ramai sgt yg tertarik dgn skim2 ponzi. rather than masuk skim2 tu, kan lagi baik branch out dg mutual fund contohnya. tapi nak invest dlm UT ni they should have basic knowledge sedikit sbyk. jgn main ikut2 sj. kalau nak expect melayu invest dlm investment product mcm stocks, option trading, money market, real estate ka memang payah la sket. asb yg jauh lebih tinggi pulangan dari FD pun tak brapa menarik minat orang melayu, sebab tu quota tak penuh2, tak mcm amanah saham wawasan. option trading contohnya bangsa lain saja yg ambik peluang, sedangkan a big prospect utk yg nak belajar & take opportunity of huge US market, pulangan tinggi compare dgn ASB tapi risk depend on spreads or straight call/put & yr repair strategy. bangsa lain pun aku observed bukan semuanya risk taking sangat, contohnya dia orang walaupun take opportunity of options kat CBOE tu tapi mostly concentrate on vertical credit spreads sahaja, dan biasanya out of 10 trades average 7 transaction make profits. kengkadang mcm tak percaya yg venture ialah auntie2 cina yg tua. aku buat options ni pun utk diversify, ASB sikit, property sikit, saham bank rakyat skit, sleeping parner pun buat gak. so tak lah kalau bakul tu jatuh semua pecah serentak.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2005 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 15-10-2005 08:29 AM

Just because you have passed the exam to be a registered UT agent.....you have the guts to say other people know nothing abt UT.

Please do not under-rate people.....

I am responsible for  ...

I'll underate people who underate others.

You don't underate others when you said, "ONLY "NOT SO SMART" PEOPLE bla.. bla.. bla"...?? That's in the topic, if you're trying to look for where you wrote that.

I am not a UT agent. You are guessing me. And I'm not the one who said to invest in UT is the same as to invest directly in the stock market... I'm not guessing you. If you really know about UT and investment, you won't say something like that.

;)

[ Last edited by Eus at 15-10-2005 06:28 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2005 01:18 PM | Show all posts
emm..isk korang ni..lepak lee
ni tempat utk share knowledge bukannya nak tunjuk sapa pandai...

investment ni sume basicnya sama..
jual harga tinggi dpt la profit..
jual harga rendah loss ...

tu je..tak kira la ko buat unit trust ke, forex ke, forex option ke, derivatives..
saham klse ke...

so lepak lee bulan2 posa ni ;)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-10-2005 07:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 15-10-2005 06:15 PM

I'll underate people who underate others.

You don't underate others when you said, "ONLY "NOT SO SMART" PEOPLE bla.. bla.. bla"...?? That's in the topic, if you ...

Can you call yourself "smart" if;

1. You are known to be a "bullock cart", kedekut, miser whatever.  Is is not easy to get money from you not even your wife or siblings. But when come to UT, you are far better off than Santa Claus. You 'invest (?)', let say RM 100K without the UT company guaranteeing you anything. You allow Mr Sim, or En Abu or Mr Kuppu from UT company to invest your hard earned money and they did not promise anything, anyway. You buy at the offer price of the UT, a difference of at least 5 sen with the buying price in case you wanna sell back in due time. Remember Sim, Abu or Kuppu has no relationship with you whatsoever BUT they have the authority to deal with your money in whatever way they like. We never know that Sim, Abu or Kuppu is another Nick Leeson in the making that lead to the fall out of Barings no matter what internal control the UT has. Suddenly 1 year later you need the money desperately. KLSE performance is quite bad due to some reasons such as oil price moving up, war etc. Definitely you get back LESS than 100K and the only thing you really invest is TIME.

YOU REALISED THAT YOU ARE JUST INVESTING IN HOPE.

(to be continued...)

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 03:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 20-10-2005 07:31 AM

Can you call yourself "smart" if;

1. You are known to be a "bullock cart", kedekut, miser whatever.  Is is not easy to get money from you not even your wife or siblings.  ...

Wow... this is fun... Ada part 2 lagi...

I'll let you finish first.

;)

p/s if you happen to have a stupid and kedekut friend who just lost 5K in UT, never generalize that everyone who do UT is like him... OK? But people says, those who are alike get together well... :hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2005 05:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zamz00 at 19-10-2005 01:18 PM
emm..isk korang ni..lepak lee
ni tempat utk share knowledge bukannya nak tunjuk sapa pandai...

investment ni sume basicnya sama..
jual harga tinggi dpt la profit..
jual harga rendah loss ...

setuju sangat.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-10-2005 08:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 20-10-2005 03:41 PM

OK? But people says, those who are alike get together well...  

Come on lah.....
People like you.....market followers....
What do you know?

Stupid "burung kakaktua".....
Why did you jump up the wall.....
Did I poke you anywhere?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-10-2005 08:53 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Eus at 20-10-2005 03:41 PM

OK? But people says, those who are alike get together well...  

Come on lah.....
People like you.....market followers....
What do you know?

Stupid "burung kakaktua".....
Why did you jump up the wall.....
Did I poke you anywhere?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2005 11:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 13-10-2005 07:35 AM

IF UT AGENT CANNOT GUARANTEE.......WHY ALL OF YOU ALL OUT TO GET US AS POTENTIAL PERSON TO INVEST IN MEDIUM RISK AND MEDIUM RETURN TYPE OF INVESTMENT?

TO GET COMMISSION.....FULL STOP. BUT AT ...

kalo dah nama nya INVEST...mana boleh guarantee profit bang...invest is about risk..

cuma risk tu pelbagai la..ada yang low, medium and high..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2005 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by taxotere at 22-10-2005 11:30 AM

kalo dah nama nya INVEST...mana boleh guarantee profit bang...invest is about risk..

cuma risk tu pelbagai la..ada yang low, medium and high..

biasa la tu. buat apa gaduh2.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 07:51 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062055 second(s), 42 queries .