Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: grugals

reverse psychology

[Copy link]
Post time 5-5-2007 07:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 5-5-2007 06:34 AM

you meant me or you are answering the thread?  

I was answering the thread of course , but your question reminds me of this pepatah : siapa makan cili dialah rasa pedasnya......

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-5-2007 07:21 AM | Show all posts

free2rhyme

but I was explaning about that reverse pyschology and share buddhism point of view  and then that fellow suddenly said Buddhism is BS... well... I debate with him in RFS board n lazy wants to debate again as religion and religion is uncomparable with each other...... right??

back to reverse pyschology.... I remember this Ah-Ha show... there`s section on reverse pyschology..... nice also...

Also in korea... reverse pyschology sigh board......
for drivers to reduce speed......

it read:

because you wants to save five minutes;
you wasted fifty years!!!

well, works better than msia... kurangkan laju!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 11:22 AM | Show all posts

Reply #42 wei_loon5063's post

ff:

religion and religion is uncomparable with each other...... right??

I disagree because as I see it if we don't compare something then how can we know that what we have or pursue in life is the best? If we seek for the best in everything we do then comparison will help us determine the best and the worst of something ....for example if we want to buy a camera , the best camera regardless of the price then we will surely compare all of the different brands of cameras in the shop to see which one is the best in every feature so that when we buy it we know that what we got is the best in quality and no regret afterwards otherwise we will end up with so and so quality of stuff only . Besides there is a field of study called comparative religion which seeks to derive general principles from a comparison and classification of the growth and influence of various religions . This field of study concentrates on the study of world religions and is offered by various universities around the world.  The emphasis is on religion in the modern world, the living dimension of various faiths and their continuing importance to many different societies and cultures. And this kind of study made it possible for us to derive a conclusion which religion is the best.

[ Last edited by  free2rhyme at 5-5-2007 11:37 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 01:29 PM | Show all posts

free2rhyme

I disagree because as I see it if we don't compare something then how can we know that what we have or pursue in life is the best?
feeling of fear that your religion is not the best??

If we seek for the best in everything we do then comparison will help us determine the best and the worst of something ....for example if we want to buy a camera , the best camera regardless of the price then we will surely compare all of the different brands of cameras in the shop to see which one is the best in every feature so that when we buy it we know that what we got is the best in quality and no regret afterwards otherwise we will end up with so and so quality of stuff only .
How are you going to evaluate religion like camera?? megapixel?? function??

Besides there is a field of study called comparative religion which seeks to derive general principles from a comparison and classification of the growth and influence of various religions . This field of study concentrates on the study of world religions and is offered by various universities around the world.  The emphasis is on religion in the modern world, the living dimension of various faiths and their continuing importance to many different societies and cultures. And this kind of study made it possible for us to derive a conclusion which religion is the best.
So? which is the best??
Still........ I stronly believe that all the prophets in the world... are all from one god..... the one ultimate god. the problem is that people do not know why seperate them into religion.
How are you going to evaluate religion with religion?
Islam allow four wifes; christian do not. so islam is better?
Buddhism need to rebirth to go to heaven... so suffer. so budddhism is inferior compared to islam and chirstian as both can go to heaven with bliss???
Enlightened me......

I am not sure about you but I rarely compare religion with religion... well... except religion like "sky kingdom"
I mean... chirstian often compare islam with christians.... you see.... there are so many wars in proving which religion is better... more truth......
This is what I see from my perspective.......

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 07:58 PM | Show all posts

Reply #44 wei_loon5063's post

feeling of fear that your religion is not the best??

If we close our mind from learning about other religions and comparing them with our own then we are like katak di bawah tempurung in my opinion   which only familiar with its own little bland dark dome world thinking that the tempurung is the best shelter there is     .....As for me the Quran teaches me to open my mind to everything around me so that I can be a witness thru my very own eyes how beautiful Islam is , Islam in itself is already an extremely beautiful religion but by comparing it with other religions Islam shines like the brightest star on the sky.... If we have deep confidence that our religion is not inferior in any way then there is nothing to be afraid of to compare it with any religion in the world in my opinion ....

How are you going to evaluate religion like camera?? megapixel?? function??

Every religion has its own practices and belief system so evaluate those and see whether they make sense or not....

So? which is the best??

Of course Islam .

Still........ I stronly believe that all the prophets in the world... are all from one god..... the one ultimate god. the problem is that people do not know why seperate them into religion.
How are you going to evaluate religion with religion?
Islam allow four wifes; christian do not. so islam is better?

If you examine the bible then no restriction on the amount of wife one can have! So Islam restricts to four provided that the man is capable of being fair if not then one is enough. In the west most men will not hesitate to take concubine or mistress secretly and thats worst because the mistress has no right whatsoever and thats a sort of oppression to her in my opinion unlike a wife whose rights have been provided for  by the Quran and must be fulfilled by the husband accordingly !

Buddhism need to rebirth to go to heaven... so suffer. so budddhism is inferior compared to islam and chirstian as both can go to heaven with bliss???
Enlightened me......

Actually according to Islam, faith alone will not let anyone into paradise... faith must be accompanied by good deeds done with great sincerity and humility plus repentance and rejection of all evil acts are the key to open the gate of paradise so muslims must keep grasping to all these all throughout their life until death... so its not easy to enter paradise but its not impossible either.... when one works the hardest in this world to achieve the ultimate goodness so its only natural to be rewarded and provided with the best facility for total and complete relaxation in the hereafter .... this world is for toiling and the hereafter is for reaping

I am not sure about you but I rarely compare religion with religion... well... except religion like "sky kingdom"

sky kingdom? whats that?

I mean... chirstian often compare islam with christians.... you see.... there are so many wars in proving which religion is better... more truth......
This is what I see from my perspective.......

I don't think the wars are about proving which religion is better, its more towards eliminating competition of worldly stuff like oil, land , power etc

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2007 10:26 PM | Show all posts

free2rhyme

If we have deep confidence that our religion is not inferior in any way then there is nothing to be afraid of to compare it with any religion in the world in my opinion ....
Sometimes i feel lazy for people to compare...
get what I mean? Like they ask again and again.............
like jesus are crucifies.. ask why not hang.... etc...
why cow is sacrificed during korban and cow is sacred animal in hinduism....
you get what I mean? the fundamental belief contradicts each other... how to compare?
further comparing will leads to a fights... I`ve seen two groups of negros in KL.. fight on the cause of islam and chirstian

Every religion has its own practices and belief system so evaluate those and see whether they make sense or not....
how to make sense since some belief contradict each other?? but many links.......
I think Islam and Buddhism.... besides rebirth; karma; and awakening.... all the teaching is the same... to be good...
you understand awakening????

Of course Islam .
I respect your religion and your choice.........

If you examine the bible then no restriction on the amount of wife one can have! So Islam restricts to four provided that the man is capable of being fair if not then one is enough. In the west most men will not hesitate to take concubine or mistress secretly and thats worst because the mistress has no right whatsoever and thats a sort of oppression to her in my opinion unlike a wife whose rights have been provided for  by the Quran and must be fulfilled by the husband accordingly !
I`ve seen this chinese guy convert to islam just for the sake of four wifes!!! pretty one...........

Actually according to Islam, faith alone will not let anyone into paradise... faith must be accompanied by good deeds done with great sincerity and humility plus repentance and rejection of all evil acts are the key to open the gate of paradise so muslims must keep grasping to all these all throughout their life until death... so its not easy to enter paradise but its not impossible either.... when one works the hardest in this world to achieve the ultimate goodness so its only natural to be rewarded and provided with the best facility for total and complete relaxation in the hereafter .... this world is for toiling and the hereafter is for reaping
There are heaven in buddhism as well. called  nirvana....
You do not reborn till forever.. but untill wash all your sins by good deeds.......
christians?? they can go to heaven once accept christ........
I`ve seen this old nanny.... practising buddhism for the past 60 years....
groups of chirstians accuse her will reborn as pig; die like #; rot in hell if do not accept jesus....
in the end.. old people got scared and accept jesus...
which I think is totall wrong.... not that she accept jesus but their tactics

sky kingdom? whats that?
agama ayah pin................ a.k.a teapot religion

I don't think the wars are about proving which religion is better, its more towards eliminating competition of worldly stuff like oil, land , power etc
i think oil; land power is excuse......crusade war still going on.... different medium and game

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-5-2007 12:24 AM | Show all posts
free2rhyme, the guy haunts everyone in religion bod with his " how can you compare blah, blah , blah " ....the problem is if he cannot compare then don't compare laaa but instead keep harassing others with the same question over and over again insisting people to follow him ,  duh, tell him to keep his culture to himself laa , easy or else he will keep swaying off topic and blame it on others for that

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2007 12:48 AM | Show all posts

blastoff

free2rhyme, the guy haunts everyone in religion bod with his " how can you compare blah, blah , blah "
You like to compare huh??
here and there you wants to compare Islam and other religion and prove Islam is better

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ayat 107: Dan kalau Allah menghendaki, nescaya mereka tidak mempersekutukanNya; dan Kami tidak menjadikan engkau (wahai Muhammad) penjaga dan pengawal mereka, dan engkau pula bukanlah wakil yang menguruskan hal-hal mereka (kerana semuanya itu terserah kepada Allah semata-mata).

Ayat 108: Dan janganlah kamu cerca benda-benda yang mereka sembah yang lain dari Allah, kerana mereka kelak, akan mencerca Allah secara melampaui batas dengan ketiadaan pengetahuan. Demikianlah Kami memperelokkan pada pandangan tiap-tiap umat akan amal perbuatan mereka, kemudian kepada Tuhan merekalah tempat kembali mereka, lalu Ia menerangkan kepada mereka apa yang mereka telah lakukan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You claim you are muslims but you did nothing that Quran ask you to do....
Don`t you know tickoff is sick of arguing with you??
No wonder there are so many wars; hate and fight going on with peoples like you exist....
Islam are true and the best to muslims;
same goes for buddhist, christians, jews etc.......
christian accept that jesus is the son of god...
can you do the same in Islam? by accepting mohammad is the son of allah?
in islam.. go to heaven...
U kill 100 peoples.... and go to haji and pray whole heartedly... I`ll be able to go to heaven straight?

the problem is if he cannot compare then don't compare laaa but instead keep harassing others with the same question over and over again insisting people to follow him ,  duh, tell him to keep his culture to himself laa , easy or else he will keep swaying off topic and blame it on others for that
Its not that I cannot........
But I do not wants to.....get it???
People want to compare with me.. I jst say no..I do not ask them to follow me.
why?
is this how you want to compare???

Muslims: I think Mohamad is the best prophet

chistian : Hell no.... Jesus is... mohamad is only a prophet. Jesus is prophet cum son of god...
buddhist: no.. all wrong.. Siddarta is... he get his enlightenment himself.. he is the best...
Christian: can siddarta and mohamad heal and walk on water? No right?? still jesus is the best...
muslims: no... jesus is a human... how can he be god.........
buddhist: you are right.... even siddarta is not god.. how can a human be god?

do you think this type of conversation will come to any conclusion??

if not I`ll be like debmey, barney, truth, 13th friday...
saying Islam is satan religion as it contradicts with christian,

truth.8 came out a thread calling islam is agama Babi as christians eat pork and muslims do not....
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=277658&extra=page%3D2

Islam is fake as Islam takes from Hindusim etc....

You want me to compare buddhism with islam like them??  
If you want to I could be like them.. I can join their fellowship.. but why should I?

the muslim and christians refuse to believe in rebirth as it contradicts with their religion....
prophets can heal; walk on water.... jesus can.. mohamad can?
lotus blossoms on siddarta`s footsteps... mohamad got?
the ten commandments are send by angels from god...
quran are send by angels??
is this what you want to compare? I do not know what you want to compare actually....   
rebirth can`t be proven....?? you say....
If you open your eye and see in the context of buddhism... you will see.......
I don`t even blame you for not believing in rebirth.. as you are so eager of going to heaven by jst praying and commiting sins... be it big or small.........
if rebirth cant be proven scientifically so heaven and hell cant be proven scientifically as well......
You limit your thought and judgement with the word "god"
that is beyond our thought... only god knows etc.....

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=270598&extra=page%3D1&page=10
post #242
If we look at our life, very simply, in a straightforward way, we see that it is marked with frustration and pain.
Really? You mean YOUR LIFE marked with frustration and pain   ....Why summarize everyone's life as full of frustration and pain ? Don't stereotype people ok! what a negative outlook on life!! Thats another proof of how absurd your belief really is.

lastly.... you say life is full of joy and it is BS that buddhism claim life is pain and suffering......
well, sorry for my ignorance.... as allah is the mighty one....
enlighten me.........
give me a person in this world...
Just ONE......
that never ever... NEVER suffer......
either from old; sick; pain; cold; hot; hate; despair; sad etc.....

just one... I do not ask for many...........

If I must learn to control my temper then you should learn to respect and accept the different belief of different religion....

p.s. I am trying to respect muslims by respecting their belief without question why not

lazy of replying your post.......
you are like debmey who fail to understand Islam and accept the difference of Islam and christian...

ciao....

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 6-5-2007 07:27 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-5-2007 08:58 AM | Show all posts

Reply to Wei Loon

"Dan janganlah kamu cerca benda-benda yang mereka sembah yang lain dari Allah"

this verse talks about sembahan in other words something that considered as 'god' thus worshipped , Let me ask you my first series of questions, do you worship your ghautama buddha and consider him as 'god'? Do you worship the rebirth theory? Does your religion teach you to worship any image and consider the image as 'god' ?

My second series of questions, what does 'cerca' really mean? So if something is falsehood then to call falsehood as falsehood falls under the 'cerca' category meant in the verse? Examine the verse below how prophet Ibrahim labels  the people's act of worshipping idols as MANIFEST ERROR but God never refers that as 'cerca'.

[6.74] And when Ibrahim said to his sire, Azar: Do you take idols for gods? Surely I see you and your people in manifest error.

And check out this verse below how prophet Ibrahim clearly tells the idol worshippers that they are creating lies so obviously thats not under 'cerca' category either because Ibrahim plainly says he's merely delivering message , all prophets of Allah are mahsum thus protected by God from committing any sin .

[29.17] You only worship idols besides Allah and you create a lie surely they whom you serve besides Allah do not control for you any sustenance, therefore seek the sustenance from Allah and serve Him and be grateful to Him; to Him you shall be brought back.  [29.18] And if you reject (the truth), nations before you did indeed reject (the truth); and nothing is incumbent on the apostle but a plain delivering (of the message).

So what does 'cerca' really mean then? It means "maki hamun" . In English language may be the best word of "maki hamun" is  @$$ho!e    so show me which post has I ever labeled any part of other people's religion as that.... Or easy laaa show me which post of mine ever consisted of the word , you will not be able to because I have never used the word before in any of my posting apart from this post which tak kira laa because I am merely using the word to clarify to you what 'maki hamun' really means.

So when I said your religion absurd or preposterous thats not 'maki hamun' , absurd or preposterous means completely contrary to nature or common sense , well thats what rebirth and the lifestyle of monks are so I'm merely delivering the message like what Prophet Ibrahim used to do ......

You really like to name calling people and accuse them of this and that without giving any proof whatsoever, does your religion teach you to behave that way?

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 6-5-2007 09:45 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2007 09:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 6-5-2007 12:48 AM
You like to compare huh??
here and there you wants to compare Islam and other religion and prove Islam is better

p.s. I am trying to respect muslims by respecting their belief without question why not

So this is your culture, you accept your religion blindly , infact you accept everything blindly without further question and call that respect.... well this is not my culture infact this is not what Islam tells its followers to do ....

[17.36] And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge; surely the hearing and the sight and the heart, all of these, shall be questioned about that.

[38.29] (It is) a Book We have revealed to you abounding in good that they may ponder over its verses, and that those endowed with understanding may be mindful.

The Quran teaches mankind to think and reason, to use their brain to understand and don't just blindly follow everything . Thats how mankind show respect towards their brains so obviously you who like to blindly follow is disrespectful towards the precious gift of God that is your brain! If you want to keep your brain in your closet then go ahead but don't expect muslims to follow your way ok .

So what does the Quran says about comparing between Islam and other religions ? These verses below clearly say to ask for proof from those who reject Islam in an effort to make them understand that what they follow are lies and falsehood based on mere conjecture alone with no clear proof because the truth is only to be found in Islam . So if you ask every practising muslim of course they will say Islam is the best because muslims don't suffer from inferiority complex when it comes to their religion, they will proudly say Islam is not just better but the BEST!

[28.75] And We will draw forth from among every nation a witness and say: Bring your proof; then shall they know that the truth is Allah's, and that which they forged shall depart from them.
[27.64] Or, Who originates the creation, then reproduces it and Who gives you sustenance from the heaven and the earth. Is there a god With Allah? Say: Bring your proof if you are truthful.
[21.24] Or, have they taken gods besides Him? Say: Bring your proof; this is the reminder of those with me and the reminder of those before me. Nay! most of them do not know the truth, so they turn aside.

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 6-5-2007 09:40 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2007 06:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 grugals's post

Reves Saikoloji..!

Entahlah..lebihkurang yang telah di mentionkan di atas..

Tapi dalam kehidupan sehari2 ni sebab gunekan pendekatan "REVERSE SAIKOLOGI" nilah boleh MEMATAHKAN hujah2 suami. Terdiam dia bile ada ISU2 berbangkit..

Pun gunekan pendekatan ni untuk mendidik anak2 yang sedang meningkat remaja sekarang..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-5-2007 11:39 PM | Show all posts

blastoff

Everything that the Buddha taught was based on his own observation of the way things are. Everything that he taught can be verified by our own observation of the way things are.
Rebirth can never be verified, period .Try to verify this absurd explanation of rebirth in our everyday life --------
"Take away the notion of a soul or a being living inside the body; take away all ideas of self existing either inside or outside the body. Also take away notions of past, present and future; in fact take away all notions of time. Now, without reference to time and self, there can be no before or after, no beginning or ending, no birth or death, no coming or going."
If you take away everything then there is nothing just like the blankness of your mind huh Wei Loon ? If nothing is rebirth then there you go.. rebirth doesn't exist since its nothing , remember ?!! Or in other word zerooooo.
If we look at our life, very simply, in a straightforward way, we see that it is marked with frustration and pain.
Really? You mean YOUR LIFE marked with frustration and pain   ....Why summarize everyone's life as full of frustration and pain ? Don't stereotype people ok! what a negative outlook on life!! Thats another proof of how absurd your belief really is.
incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous"
You did not use @sshole but making fun of.. which I am try to stop myself from making fun of islam...
by making fun of a religion is an insuting thing to do..
don`t you know that? being an adult and unable to respect.. shame on you.....
A lot of non muslims are making fun of you muslims bow five times a day worldwide toward stupid stone..
it is not insult? or jokes?? it is insult to muslims and jokes to them... don`t you get it?
Which something I refuse to do. making fun of other religion.
seriously, I feel insulted when you say my religion is absurd. I try to explain to you. but seems like you refuse to learn and you are acting like Debmey.. just making fun of those who wants to explain...
Again... I tried to explain to you about rebirth and human pain...
rebirth.. I jst explained in reincarnation thread in RSF
pain??? you say human pain is blessing in disguise from allah...
oohh boy... no wonder no muslims help the palestinians......
Other muslims understand buddhism better and faster than you do... ko lembab ker??
frankly, I feel you do not want to learn other religion. you just like to trash other religion other than islam...
I cant fight with you.. sorry...... call me kid, chicken watever.. those are only words........
lastly... if you open your heart to study buddhism you`ll see...
Buddha never say anything or deny about god.. maybe he is prophet send by allah...who knows...
If he is a prophet send by allah you just slap your own face..

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 7-5-2007 12:01 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2007 07:46 AM | Show all posts
I don't expect you to believe my perspective and I don't impose it on you either but the truth must be told and the message must be made clear thats all. And I'm not going to do what you like to do , harrassing people to adopt my culture or my belief .  To me absurd = illogical=false=lie  and its not about making fun but its about exposing the truth about the reality of your belief system .  I don't waste my precious time making fun of people or their beliefs because thats not what Islam teaches me to do , the prophet Muhammad refers to people who see falsehood in front of their eyes and yet do nothing about it but only reject it with their heart as the weakest faith so since I can do something about it thus I will because no person in their right mind would want to have the weakest faith , for a practising muslim faith is more precious than life itself.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2007 07:50 AM | Show all posts
QUOTE:

incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous"

lets make it clear , Ive never posted the message which you quoted above , so Wei Loon don't start one of your gossip here ok... remember how you attempted to spread lies about Imams in Malaysia who falsely being accused of spreading hateful sermons towards non muslims? I don't think the mods in here will tolerate gossip.

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 7-5-2007 08:03 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2007 11:24 AM | Show all posts
weilong be cool. there is no need to prove anything here, it does not change a thing.

I saw your posts and it's full of anger too.... cool down... learn to ignore and let things be.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2007 02:30 PM | Show all posts
wei_loon5063

Remember the story of mountain moving like clouds? From it you can understand how intelligent they can be.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-5-2007 04:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by barney50 at 7-5-2007 02:30 PM
wei_loon5063

Remember the story of mountain moving like clouds? From it you can understand how intelligent they can be.

correction.........

not they....... but him/her only

I lazy want to reply to him/her anymore...........

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2007 09:16 PM | Show all posts
eh,
people, people... red alert!!
I am surprise uncle barney and uncle debmey is not in this thread.. I always think they will be all over the place!!
Because these ppl are highly educated they are not bias they will engage in any topic...butttttttttt, not this one???

i bet if  we put "reverse psychology-Islam" then he will be engaging uh?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2007 09:18 PM | Show all posts
oh..
sorry, i didn't notice uncle barney post A reply...hehe
only one...that he smartly try to make it a causal link for his other thread

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2017 12:13 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

17-4-2024 12:30 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069219 second(s), 42 queries .