Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 8128|Reply: 26

Of facts, rumours and investment strategy

[Copy link]
Post time 6-1-2006 03:40 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Very often you may hear these kind of statements in day to day life . It may come from the so called financial analyst, brokers or maybe the man in the street. Statements something like this:
1.  You better invest now, the KLSE sure move to 1000 ++. UT can gibve better returns.
2.  Everyday is investment day,  market going high or low...doesn't matter. We have the so called dollar cost averaging to minimise risk.
3.  In investment world...not all can be winners. Some win, some lose. The money doesn't come from the sky.

Statement no 1.
This is only an opinion.  Everyone can give an opinion. Opinion doesn't mean it will be true in the fututre. But the problem is many "would be investors" buy this opinion and invest their hard earned money to invest into something that big guys are throwing out. So... billions and trillions of money lost in the last Asian Financial crisis because people buy on opinion and sell on facts.

Statement no 2.
This is a marketing campaign. Who is the net winner? Should I tell you?
If you lived in the mid 1990's and play Nikkei 225  (whether futures, index or what not) where the N 225 has gone to above 30,000 points. It is already over a decade and N 225 at present has never break 20,000 point since then.  Imagine you are the investor and I am sure the broker in Japanese market is talking about N225 to break the 50,000 level at that point of time.  Who is/are the net loser now? Shoukl I tell you.

Statement no. 3
This is the fact. Not everyone win in this market. Someone wins is someone loss. You win, your friend might lost. Research shows that this agree with Pareto's 80:20 rule.  20% win the game at the expense of the 80%.

So what could you do with your money?

Well, my sincere answer is
Since this money is yours , from your sweat and tears. You can do whatever you want to do, rightfully and wisely. Don't bother what other people want to say about it. If they want to say something different, say buy UT for example, ..tell them do it with their own money and this is non of their business.

Some example:

1. One pakcik in Terengganu bought a hill full of stone in K.T. for only RM 80k in the 1980's. All people laughed at him and thought he was mad. I believe if a stochbroker came by...definitely he will tell the pakcik to buy stocks instead of that hill (of course with all the financial gimmicks and the historical chart). Now the pakcik is a millionaire...selling granite stone. Once the hill is levelled...he still has a few acres of flat land exactly on the same spot where the hill was there once upon a time. Market price of the flat land is in millions of Ringgit.

2. A friend of mine bought a bungalow nobody wants with less than RM 300K.  Now the value is RM 2 million.

Who is the winner and smart now based on the 2 stories up there?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-1-2006 04:45 PM | Show all posts
Hi Batukikir,

Good post! Thanks for taking the trouble to share it with us.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2006 07:04 PM | Show all posts
:solute:

hi !
Both of them bought assets, not liabilities.so they deserve it. Maybe its pure luck. BTW, we still have
to think very2 carefully  before  buy any properties. Wrong decision  will drain ur pocket.

:stp::stp::stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2006 10:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 6-1-2006 03:40 PM
Very often you may hear these kind of statements in day to day life . It may come from the so called financial analyst, brokers or maybe the man in the street. Statements something like this:
1.   ...

Hi!,

Good analogy fren..I think everyone should appreciate your effort to post.I do understand you are well-aware about the market sentiment.. NIKKI.. Asia Financial Crisis ..stuff like that.. bravo!.. well-done!...

As a so called financial consultant with SBB Mutual Berhad, let me share with you something about what is happening now..just SBB..not to include Public Mutual, ASB, etc.

SBB which is founded in 1990 with one fund with 50 million unit has grown up to 26 funds in end of 2005 with 12.75 billions units (About 15 years)

So 12,750,000,000 / (50,000,000) = 255% for 15 years or 17% per year.

It also means that every year people invest about 85 million units in SBB Mutual Berhad. Because a lot of people investing, SBB is offering another 3 new funds last year to cate the demand.

As a matter of fact, for my agency which I am attached to, the sales for 2004 itself is closed to RM100 million. Do you believe it? This is not Ripley's Believe it or not.. this is a FACT! So have to believe it.

The question are whether:
a. Are those people really just care about the crisis?
b. Are those people not scare enough about the risk available in UT?
c. Are they hunger for higher ROI?

Well.. it is very subjective...but one thing for sure.. more and more people are investing in UT now despite so many rumours..speculations... It is a matter do you to get higher ROI or not.. of course besides is the good thing..there is a bad thing...a risk to take.. LIFE is also a risk.. DRIVING is also a risk..MARRIAGE is also about risk...

So my advice is that, once you have enough money to invest, please do so now..this is the right time to invest.. use you EPF Acc 1. if it is alreaddy exceed 55K or more...take out some money from ASB.. Tabung Haji.. Fixed deposit..do some diversification with it...or start investing as low as RM50.00 per month..

It does not matter which UT company you like to invest.. as long as the investment meet you target, you are comfortable with the consultant.. it is more than enough..Tak payah nak fikir benda2 tak kesampaian.. somethin uncertain.. Macam orang2 kata.. "Jangan bila dengar guruh di langit, kita di bumi dah curah air dari tempayan"

Regards,
Sany
p/s sama gak macam orang kata..keta proton tak bagus. tak yah beli.. tapi sekarang. proton dah buka kilang kat tanjung malim..kat sana tu boleh produce keta 100 biji sehari.. tapi terjual ke semua kereta tu..kita tak yah fikir la nak terjual ke tak..tapi sape2 ade duit..pergi booking sekarang..ape nak kisah.. lain la takde duit. beli keta baru is a feature.. kena bayar monthly.. benefit tu kita comfortable.. confidence drive kat jalan..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2006 09:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MACD at 6-1-2006 04:45 PM
Hi Batukikir,

Good post! Thanks for taking the trouble to share it with us.

You are wellcome.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2006 09:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aabu at 6-1-2006 07:04 PM
:solute:

hi !
Both of them bought assets, not liabilities.so they deserve it. Maybe its pure luck. BTW, we still have
to think very2 carefully  before  buy any properties. Wrong decision  wi ...

Well, luck will come with enough preparation.

What I mean is you can do whatever you want to do with your money as long it satisfies you. Do you know people buy a Beetle, refurbish it for 20-30K...then drive it for fun and pleasure. This people invest in happiness knowing that they cannot sell it for profit.

What I really feel funny is that is that most people know how to find money but do not know how to spend their money wisely. They ask "other people" for opinion (to invest i.e. making that extra money with a risk) ...and of course that other people will say here and that..., with a fee. Market go against you, you are finished.

Of course you need to think very2 carefully before buying anything ... but once you decide to buy ...lets enjoy what you buy. If people what to buy  what you have bought with a profit, that's a bonus.

Rules:
First - satisfy your desire; this the very basic you work hard for money
Second - buy something using your head not emotion, know your limit
Third - save a portion (with zero risk) for future uncertainties

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 9-1-2006 10:43 AM | Show all posts
Do you know that financial market is for the "HAVE" and not for the "HAVE NOT" ?

The "have" will include one who:
1.  have the authority, his word is his power
2.  have the money
3.  have the inside information. (insider trading)

One ex -Malaysian Minister of Finance is making tonnes of money (as pocket money)  during his heyday as a minister. The modus operandi:
1.  day 1 - buy low priced share of Company A
2.  day 2 - tell the media that Company A has been awarded
     billions worth of Government tender
3.  day 3 -  sell the share of Company A when it goes higher
4.  day 4 - using media, inform that Comnpany A has not been awarded   
     the tender due to some technicalities
5 . day 5 - price of share goes down similar to day 1

Soros, because he has money backed by investors and American Govt create havoc in the financial market. Motives: ruining the economy of the developing countries . BNM loss 20 billion ( I repeat 20 billion) of Malaysian taxpayers fund supporting the pound sterling not too long ago. Is this worth the riak taken?

Ekran, a peanut share rose to more than RM 160 a share in the 1990's not because of it's performance but more towards cornering the market by its own key people.  The concept sell buy. buy sell, sell buy continuously by only a handful of people make the price rose to an unimaginable price. Brokers and financial analyst said the price can go even higher. Some people bought in anticipation of future rise. They failed and some have even been declared a bankrupct.

A friend of mine made a million one day and became a pauper the next day.

The question is:
"Is this really worth the money, time and effort"

If you are a small guy, the "HAVE NOT" , why should you donate your hard earned money to the "HAVE"?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2006 03:43 PM | Show all posts
Batu kikir,
I need your help.  I have 100 k in hand  and  im looking to INVEST that sum of money.consider my ASB is full. Would you tell me your best way of investment other than UT ?

any opinions is welcomed.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-1-2006 07:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sany48 at 7-1-2006 10:55 AM
Hi!,

Good analogy fren..I think everyone should appreciate your effort to post.I do understand you are well-aware about the market sentiment.. NIKKI.. Asia Financial Crisis ..stuff like that.. bravo!.. well-done!...

As a so called financial consultant with SBB Mutual Berhad, let me share with you something about what is happening now..just SBB..not to include Public Mutual, ASB, etc.

SBB which is founded in 1990 with one fund with 50 million unit has grown up to 26 funds in end of 2005 with 12.75 billions units (About 15 years)

So 12,750,000,000 / (50,000,000) = 255% for 15 years or 17% per year.

It also means that every year people invest about 85 million units in SBB Mutual Berhad. Because a lot of people investing, SBB is offering another 3 new funds last year to cate the demand.

As a matter of fact, for my agency which I am attached to, the sales for 2004 itself is closed to RM100 million. Do you believe it? This is not Ripley's Believe it or not.. this is a FACT! So have to believe it.

The question are whether:
a. Are those people really just care about the crisis?
b. Are those people not scare enough about the risk available in UT?
c. Are they hunger for higher ROI?

Well.. it is very subjective...but one thing for sure.. more and more people are investing in UT now despite so many rumours..speculations... It is a matter do you to get higher ROI or not.. of course besides is the good thing..there is a bad thing...a risk to take.. LIFE is also a risk.. DRIVING is also a risk..MARRIAGE is also about risk...

As an investor I dont wanna know how much sales a unit trust company have made in last year, or last ten years or when Pharoah was born! The sales growth means nothing to me. None. Zilch. Tak bermakna.

What I am interested to know is how much money can I get by investing my hard-earned money in the unit trust. I think I did asked you to provide the performances of all unit trusts (in your company) for the past 1 year, 3 years and 5 years which I am yet to see.

What you are doing now is to keep drumming all those UT sales growth over and over again...

So my advice is that, once you have enough money to invest, please do so now..this is the right time to invest.. use you EPF Acc 1. if it is alreaddy exceed 55K or more...take out some money from ASB.. Tabung Haji.. Fixed deposit..do some diversification with it...or start investing as low as RM50.00 per month..

It does not matter which UT company you like to invest.. as long as the investment meet you target, you are comfortable with the consultant.. it is more than enough..Tak payah nak fikir benda2 tak kesampaian.. somethin uncertain.. Macam orang2 kata.. "Jangan bila dengar guruh di langit, kita di bumi dah curah air dari tempayan"

Regards,
Sany
p/s sama gak macam orang kata..keta proton tak bagus. tak yah beli.. tapi sekarang. proton dah buka kilang kat tanjung malim..kat sana tu boleh produce keta 100 biji sehari.. tapi terjual ke semua kereta tu..kita tak yah fikir la nak terjual ke tak..tapi sape2 ade duit..pergi booking sekarang..ape nak kisah.. lain la takde duit. beli keta baru is a feature.. kena bayar monthly.. benefit tu kita comfortable.. confidence drive kat jalan..

With all due respect, sir, I request you to stop confusing and misleading the general public with this proton car analogy.

You are suggesting that if we have money then it is OK to buy or upgrade our car NOW. You are also suggesting that if we have enough money then it is OK to buy UTs NOW because now is the right time to buy them.

The funny thing with this suggestion is that NOW IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY UNIT TRUSTS (if you were to ask any unit trust agents on the street). UT agents failed miserably in giving 'good time to invest' advices. They can fool others but not me.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2006 07:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aabu at 9-1-2006 03:43 PM
Batu kikir,
I need your help.  I have 100 k in hand  and  im looking to INVEST that sum of money.consider my ASB is full. Would you tell me your best way of investment other than UT ?

any opini ...

Wah kaya nya you! Hehe..My personal take is to invest in property lah kalau ASB dah full. Property is the way to go.

Macam Azizi Ali cakap- "Properties have a proven record as a sound management. As long as the location is good, there will always be a demand for the property."

Rujukan: Kitab Azizi Ali Jilid 1 kat atas meja ni.

Emas punya price trend looks good too.
1995-2006

Kalau ikut chart London Fix, untuk tahun 2005, kalah ASB punya dividen tu!

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2006 07:38 PM | Show all posts
Batu kikir,

any opini ...

aabu,

Let me give a suggestion..(I have written in the other forum.. but I have just adjusted it accordingly)

With RM100,000.00 in hands, I cadangkan you  berbuat begini. Guna istilah DIVERSIFICATION:
iaitu jgn simpan wang tersebut di dalam satu basket. Simpan kepada tempat yang berlainan untuk mengurangkan risiko, priorities things.., etc.

So, you may allocate 100,000 as follows:

RM 25,000 = Save in Insurance (Takaful Ikhlas/Almost 25 years covered)

Sebab:
Insuran merupakan protection. So ambil insuran dulu ..concentrate more on saving plan more...seperkara lagi untuk mengelak kebocoran duit you tu.. yelah. kalau dapat penyakit, boleh la guna kemudahan ttakaful.. so duit tadi selamat....

RM 2,000.00 = Save for Wasiat/Hibah

Sebab:
Wasiat juga penting untuk make sure apabila tetiba Allah sayangkan you lebih awal dengan memanggil you mengadapNya, tiada berlaku perbalahan dari Keluarga.. Sebabnya sistem Faraid selalu di salahgunakan hanya untuk kepentingan individu.

Hibah/Pemberian  merupakan hadiah ketika si polan A kepada si polan B masih hidup. Tetapi hanya akan efective selepas si polan A meninggal dunia. Kadang2 ia mengambil masa yang lama untuk diselesaikan.. Kasihan kepada anak2, isteri yang masih hidup. Hasil dari Hibah tidak termasuk dalam Faraid lagi. Contohnya hibah rumah untuk anak yatim, dan sebagainnya.. Amal Jariah tu...

RM 23,000 = Tabung Haji (Ni dah kira mampu pergi Haj- Dah jadi wajib) 3/23K tu buat beli souviners..

Baki RM50,000, you split ke dua investment..
RM 25,000 = Public Mutual/unit trust
RM 25,000 = SBB Mutual/unit trust

Dua2 unit trust adalah terbaik untuk si polan membuat pelaburan di antara company yang terbaik..with 10% perannum it is good enough to save as compared to  Saving, FD, etc.

Kedua2nya mempunyai kelebihan masing2. Tapi untuk tatapan, you boleh compare both of them after 3-5 years of investment. Then after 5 years baru you boleh decide mana yang terbaik untuk di simpan. Tapi I suggest you maintain keduanya sekali.

Good luck...

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2006 03:45 PM | Show all posts
1. ASB limit skang is either 200k, 500k or unlimited. Cannot confirm but i am sure it is more than 100k.
2. Try to avoid insurance product. i dont believe in insurance other than Lloyd's. Contoh terbaik ialah tahun2 2001-2003. Ada beberapa annuity plan suppose to end the insurers wrote back demanding contributors pay another 6months - 1 year of extra premium. Mana pegi the godem 'guarantee', 'capital preservation', 'safe' terms peppered in their glossy brochure?
Malaysian insurance sector = grand scale legalised pyramid scam.
only reason m'sian insurance co can still survive is they are base buiulding on low bumi participation. once this level stagnate another collapse will hepen
3. UT you lose out on the immense spread (buying/selling margin). that's why it is only worhty kalu pakai EPF funds (any other funds have better chance to outperform EPF).

just my view. feel free to disagree

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2006 07:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kabukiman at 11-1-2006 03:45 PM
1. ASB limit skang is either 200k, 500k or unlimited. Cannot confirm but i am sure it is more than 100k.
2. Try to avoid insurance product. i dont believe in insurance other than Lloyd's. Contoh t ...

Hi,

Whatever is absolutely right. Everyone has its own perception on how things work..whether UT, insurance or hibah/wasiat works for you or not.., that is for you to try it. Then only you can comment..

For example, just because I like to drive WAJA or BMW (Bas Mini Wilayah), it is merely base on my reference. Some people don't even look at WAJA. They like Toyoto VIOS better.. It is ok... buy whatever you wanna buy as long as you can afford it.. but if there is a case, you adre driving a daihatsu charade 1985, and you can't afford to buy WAJA but at the same time you try to influence people to buy WAJA just because you have heard a lot of bad things.. rumours about it.. then I think it is not fair..

Anyway, have you EPF acc 1 exceeded RM55K yet?

The last but not least.. are you.. are not protection by insurance yet?
Would you mind if I go and see to discuss about takaful benefit? I am prrety sure you will benefit about the discussion we are going to see. Let me know when you can see me..

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2006 10:18 AM | Show all posts
i drive cheapest iswara retro. my epf acc1 not exceed 55k. logical conclusion to these two means i have no disposable income.

of course i would consider UT if my epf exceeds 55k.

insurance wise, again sany, nothing personal but my view is insurance sector in malaysia zalim towards the consumers. excessive agency fees may very well result in meltdown similar to what happened in early 80s if i am not mistaken.

then we have PIAM's push for higher motor insurance tariff. i did some checking and this is what came out:

A. Profit margins of selective Insurers:
    1. Mitsui Sumitomo at 3%
    2. MAA is at 4.9%
    3. Munich RE at 5.2%
    4. Great Eastern is at 6.5%
    5. Aviva at 7.5%
    6. Zurich Financials at 7.8%

B. From PIAM's website:
    1. Industry underwriting margin came in at 6.7% of premiums for 2004, and
    2. Motor sector claim ratio of 71% which means that gross margin is 29%.

With the Malaysian insurers making 6.7% net margin which is more or less inline with other global players, and gross margin on motor premium at 29%; I see no plausible excuse to justify a premium increase other outright tamak for them to get the latest merc and spend more time at kiambang dangdut gro's.

these insurers tok kok all over the place abt how motor insurance bring them grief; if you dowan this business segment then dont do la. what so difficult? get richard branson to come in and provide motor coverage and we'll see who gets the last laugh.

at the end of the day, esp with regards to motor insurance, tariff hike may be justifiable but service must be improved. note: only in malaysia the godem insurance company make us do donkey work to process claims, tak kira la hospital ker, motor accident ker. oberc suma insurer would take care for you, just give registration number of the other party. sini, nak i/c number, insurans policy copy, road tax lar, polis repot la, sijil surat nikah mak bapak la, photocpy cukai pintu la, astro subscribver number la utk buat claim.

again for me, ALL GODEM LOCAL INSURANCE COs are LEGALISED PYRAMID SCHEME CON JOBS

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2006 01:40 PM | Show all posts
With all due respect, sir, I request you to stop confusing and misleading the general public with this proton car analogy.

You are suggesting that if we have money then it is OK to buy or upgrade our car NOW. You are also suggesting that if we have enough money then it is OK to buy UTs NOW because now is the right time to buy them.

The funny thing with this suggestion is that NOW IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY UNIT TRUSTS (if you were to ask any unit trust agents on the street). UT agents failed miserably in giving 'good time to invest' advices. They can fool others but not me.

My friend,

Have you ever experienced where when you hop in in a car showroom and the sales just let you go in..They say nothin...until you leave the showroom...It is because base on their experiences.. they knows for sure certain charaters of clients...some clients asks too many technical questions and end up buying nothin....but it is pretty common to have such kind people.. some clients sometimes goes directly to salesman and asks which car to buy with allocate money..

Actually in sales, everyone should expect 3 type of clients
  a. Clients who are too ignorance to buy..anything...even they can afford to buy..
  b. Clients who do not have money ...
  c. Clients who have bad experinces about the product and they are scared about it..

So which category are you in?

Also in sales, we always aware of RATIO 5:3:2:1 and law of  ABUNDANCE

For 5321 ratio means out of 5 clients we call/meet, 3/5 can make an appointments, 2/5 will show up...and only 1/5 will consider and invest/buy from us. If there is a case, where the last one does not feel want to buy, we will apply Law of Abundance.  We will always look for another clients if the one we meet refuse to listen or invest...

I am giving the easiest analogy to let people understand about it...of course they are many brialliant people here who do not need that kind of analogy..but pleaseeeeeeee.. there are also some people who needs it.. As a consultant, it is my responsility to provide the right and educate fact to the clients.

Also I am not trying to fool anyone..It is right for people to have right information.  Hoopefully, it will help them to decide..

Whether I am misleading the community or not.. it is very individual..People see things diffently..positive or negative...

Ever heard about a rich man who sell timbers and an aborigine lost in the dark jungle? Well let me tell one more story about it. Just to relate about people perceptions..

So when these two people walk and walk in the jungle.. they have encountered a few monkeys flying from big and high tree to another....

FANTASTIC! The aborigine is too obsessed about it.. and he  feels he will not have to hunt for about one month due to many monkeys around. Wheareas, the rich man feels he shall become richer. It is because if he is ever found the way out, he can sell the big and high trees and make a lot of money...he can also sell the monkeys to the zoo..people who like take monkeys as pets,, etc.

Initially, I kind hesitate to reply to you. There is no point I am arguing with you because at the end of the day, no one gets benefit from it. But I do feel, I need to write somethin so that people will not have wrong impression on me.

That is all about it..Thank you and you have a nice day

Sany

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2006 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kabukiman at 12-1-2006 10:18 AM
i drive cheapest iswara retro. my epf acc1 not exceed 55k. logical conclusion to these two means i have no disposable income.

of course i would consider UT if my epf exceeds 55k.

insurance wi ...

Wow.. you are very good about analising PIAM stuff .. you are lucky because you are using the iswara..

There are some people who are 'not lucky' enough to pay a huge amount of money for insurance to PIAM because they are driving mercedes.. bmw...their annually contribution of insurance is almost 5x of my monthly installment of my waja...one thing for sure.. those people who drive these people must have work so hard day and night.. they perception is always positive...I do not think they get for free..

But if I have a chance to own and drive bmw.. and pay the insurance. I will..why not...another thing is that I have just notice.. no matter how much the PIAM increase the payment.. how much the dealer increase the price od the car.. still people buy cars.. good cars.. esp bmw 5 series..with halogen lights.. if you see cars with light blue lamp at night... it must be the new BMW..

Personally, I am not against insurance esp the PIAM or general insurance.. as for me, general insurance is very important for everyone.. whether you it or not..can u imagine driving in the highway without car insurance?.. first you against the law.. and secondly, if you hit some. or being hit by someone.. you get nothin in return. (if the person hit & run)...hahahaha

I am sorry.. in my previous writing, I should have clarified more specific about the insurance..
I should write insurance = life takaful or Islamic insurance

Life takaful is also a must for everyone now. this is not year 1960...we have just meet 2006..Living in the 2006, there are so many things could happen to us, our family, etc. We need to get protected right the way..

For those who do not have money, you should take life takaful so that if you happen to die earlier, get critical ilness, then the takaful will take care of the money required. It will also take care of you family.

In takaful, there is extra plan call FAMILY INCOME BENEFIT (with a small premium) where you or your family will get minimum RM1200 monthly until the policy is matured..if somethin happen to you unexpected.. TRY IT..There is also a plan called PAYOR SAVING...where the person who pay for his/her child's education policy will also get protected...

For those who have a lot money, you should take life takaful as well as others to protect you money form  being 'disburst' to your critical illness stuff like that. If anythin happen, the takaful will take care of it and your hard earned money willl be safe.

Also there is a study said that only 5% people protected by takaful and 95% takes conventional insurance. Too good to be true isn't it? I really doubt it that 95% people do that..I would say only 45% take conventional insurance instead. The other 50% still uninsured....there are some many reasons why these poeple do not take one..maybe it is a faith.. but for those who are afford ..esp the forumers.. please take at least one..

You can take either takaful or other insurance.. PLEASE....Since I am promoting takaful, of course I am suggesting takaful for you...but it is not a must.. you choose...

Sany

"When you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-1-2006 06:19 PM | Show all posts
Batu kikir,

any opini ...

Sorry for late reply.

Well aabu, if you have 100K....what can you do?

There are few choices,
Choice 1
Put all your money in savings or FD....earned on income/div. with no risk.
Your mind is free to think of something that normally never happen and avoid all the kiasu and glutton people around you. You have no pressure which can hurt your heart or increase your blood pressure. But this is the worse choice ever but it suits if you do not want to shed any sweat, anymore. You want to relax 100% and the money still comes albeit very small.

Choice 2
Buy 5 -10 acres of land in Pahang. Clear your land, grow rubber tress and cash crops. At current price of rubber, you can get RM 4-5K a month. Divide it by 2 (if you hire people to tap your rubber), you still have around RM 2K. Multiply this by 12months and 20 years. At the end of 20 years you still have your old rubber trees to sell (current price of old rubber tress is RM 4K / acre). After you have sold your old rubber tress, the price of your land now maybe have double or triple or more than that when compared to the time when you bought it.......provided the choice of place you make is correct and if you are lucky enough. And this does not include if you rear goat/sheep/cow in your land. Old idea? Not so, if the money comes in. My uncle bought a RM 60K car for cash selling old rubber trees recently.

Choice 3
Make your money as the capital for your part time business before you want to go into it seriously (it is funny that the so called financial investor allows his money to make other people rich). A friend, friend of mine (name withheld), invest around RM 20K to sell ABC in one of the department store in Melaka. His net income now from the business is RM 10 -15 K a month. He use workers to run his business and occassionally make few visit to his business premise and yet still work as a senior officer in one of the financial institution.  He has recouped his capital, buy properties and lots of savings. If you invest in UT, how much you can get brother..... only hot air.

Choice 4
Buy something that you have long dreaming of it. An art work, for example or  whatever as long it makes you better and feel very satisfied. This is an investment for happiness and good health. Do not donate your money to the already rich people, example Daim, Halim Saad and the gang by involving in the so called financial market - the market for the "HAVE" and not for the "HAVE NOT"

Use magic Report

Post time 23-1-2006 07:49 PM | Show all posts
Choice 4
Buy something that you have long dreaming of it. An art work, for example or  whatever as long it makes you better and feel very satisfied. This is an investment for happiness and good health. Do not donate your money to the already rich people, example Daim, Halim Saad and the gang by involving in the so called financial market - the market for the "HAVE" and not for the "HAVE NOT"

Yup............

Use magic Report

Post time 23-1-2006 09:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by batu kikir at 23-1-2006 06:19 PM

Sorry for late reply.

Well aabu, if you have 100K....what can you do?

There are few choices,
Choice 1
Put all your money in savings or FD....earned on income/div. with no risk.
Your m ...

Abuu,

Betul tu kata batu kikir.. you have 4 choices

a. Simpan dalam FD with 3-4% ROI with no risk.. but please do aware about the inflation..if inflation is also 3-4%, it means you gain nothin...still you money is safe..

b. you can grow rubber trees..if you wanna wait for the next 4-5 year to get the return.. or you can buy someone rubber land.. and get immediate return..but who is willing to sell the land now.. especially this golden time.. the price of rubber very competive nowadays..

c. you can sell ABC things in ABC company.. but you must think of conmen everythere..last2 jual ABC je nanti....

d. yeap.. you buy something you dream of.. with 100K.. you can buy new mitshubishi lancer.. or honda jazz i...beli jeeeeeee.. beli.. jgn tak beli..the moment the car come out of the showroom, it's price already less by RM5..

Anyway, betul jugak ..buat apa kasi duit kat DAIM.. Halim Saad.. as macam mereka saya yang control KLSE nih....hahaha.

Semua tu memang takde so called risiko..

Tapikan aku rasa kau dah matured enough.. think wisely..there is no such an easy ride nowadays.. of course where there less risk, there is less return as simple as that...

Just let me know what have you done with the RM100K ok...

Sany

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-1-2006 10:58 AM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by sany48 at 23-1-2006 09:30 PM

Semua tu memang takde so called risiko..

quote]

Would you mind repeating this statement please?

Choice 2 and 3 have risks, very calculated risks. But this is where you test your "taqwa" and "tawakkal" to the fullest to Allah SWT. You plant trees and it may die or you involve in business that fails. But what do you get in the end? Experience and knowledge and put yourself as "hamba Allah", pray hard to Allah and you wil be blessed not only in this world but in the world after. Is this the gain that we want in life?

BTW. is the choice in 2 & 3, is or are the work of para Rasul and para Nabi?
So don't you believe what they have told us through their word and deed?

You want us to involve in financial market? Listen to hearsay? Rumours that purposely been made? Look at the madness of people? Let other people use our money to make them rich but not us? Listen to other people opinion? Punting? Gambling? Use historical chart to predict future? Listen to soothsayer? Behave like a conman knowing that not everyone wins?

Come on. I have been long in financial market. Of course as a "principal" ...... not as a broker or analyst who know how to talk but no action.

Look at my signature. As principal we act first, then spread rumors. Among rumors we have make sometimes can be quite funny and yet players listen to it. Entah ape2 la dia orang ni. Irrational!!

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 09:27 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070298 second(s), 46 queries .