Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: bloxxzone

Squash / Skuasy -

[Copy link]
Post time 22-7-2007 10:56 AM | Show all posts
congratulations to Nicol Ann David!!

semalam nicol telah dianugerahkan honorary degree from University Of Nottingham...
sungguh betuah rasanya dapat jumpa nicol semalam at the malaysian campus di semenyih
gambar2 official from my office tak siap lagi so mungkin esok bila dah available i will tepek here

rasanya she deserve the rare honorary degree, yg dianugerahkan to sportsmen/sportswomen
what a great example to malaysian youth!

CONGRATS again NICOL!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-7-2007 11:44 AM | Show all posts
apsal tak ambek gamba

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2007 11:47 AM | Show all posts

Reply #118 C-Fu's post

ada ada
japs tengah upload personal pix ngan nicol
official punya tu tak masuk lagi dalam shared drive
nanti dah masuk me tepek

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2007 11:54 AM | Show all posts
me and nicol just before the robing for the graduation ceremony
(sila abaikan daku yg tembun itu yaaa)

another one

nanti dah siap official photos cik dee masuk lagi okes..
and i will oso try to tepek the paragraph we had about nicol in our graduation booklet

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2007 08:04 PM | Show all posts
Squash: Nicol looking for another streak
By : Devinder Singh

IN an ominous warning to her rivals, World No 1 Nicol David will attempt to begin another unbeaten streak starting with the CIMB Malaysian Open at the Jalan Duta squash courts on Wednesday.

Nicol had a spectacular 51-match winning run which was only snapped by arch-rival and Australian World No 2 Natalie Grinham in the Seoul Open final on April 28. The streak began in July last year.

But while the Malaysian is not consciously eyeing another unbeaten run, Nicol does not plan on losing anytime soon either.

"That was quite a while ago and I did not even realise I was on such a long run until someone pointed it out to me.

"I would be pleased if it happened again as it is something worth looking forward to," Nicol said after conducting a coaching clinic to the delight of 200 schoolchildren at the Astaka Courts in Petaling Jaya yesterday.

"But I cannot be expecting it to happen as all I can do is learn from the experience. I am training hard and if the performance goes according to plan then it抯 possible."

Nicol, 24, also dispelled any doubts concerning her fitness after a three-month layoff from competitive squash.

"The break has allowed me to plan for the rest of the season, to analyse and re-adjust my game and see what else I needed to work on.

"I also had the opportunity to promote squash on a tour of South America with (former Australian world champion) Sarah Fitzgerald and (current Australian World No 3) Rachel Grinham. "After all the effort I抳e put into getting where I am, it抯 quite exciting to be able to promote the game in countries where squash is hardly played while also getting the chance to travel at the same time."

Nicol, who opens her quest against fellow Malaysian Tricia Chuah, is seeking a hat-trick of Malaysian Open titles and could renew hostilities with Natalie, 29, in the final if they live up to their seedings for a fifth title showdown in 2007.

The Malaysian also has Rachel and England抯 World No 6 Vicky Botwright, both 30, in her half of the draw and it has been suggested Nicol will dominate the game for years to come with age on her side.

"I know the other girls are much older but they also have lots of experience. I抦 lucky to be playing in this era and having reached the peak at a younger age compared to the others but I will continue to learn to make sure I remain at the top of my game."

The first qualifying round begins at 5pm today with National No 2 Sharon Wee meeting Chinatsu Matsui of Japan, Malaysia抯 top junior Low Wee Wern, who won the Dutch Junior Open last week, is up against World No 15 Eng Kheirallah of Egypt while NSC Satellite No 3 winner Delia Arnold plays another national junior, Low Wee Nee

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 11:21 AM | Show all posts
sah takde orang main dah squash kat kl.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-7-2007 08:32 PM | Show all posts
Nicol finally gets a shot at winning again after three-month break
By S. SIVABALAN

KUALA LUMPUR: World No 1 Nicol David has been waiting patiently

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2007 03:31 PM | Show all posts
ni citer nicol dpt degree at nottingham
sori gambar belum sampai daaa....

http://www.nottingham.edu.my/news/doc/2007/NICOL-070721.pdf

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-7-2007 10:58 PM | Show all posts
dah memang takde orang main squash ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 11:31 PM | Show all posts
Historic double win for Malaysia

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia won a historic double at the Malaysian Open Squash championship on Saturday - Nicol David steam rolled England's Tania Bailey to secure her third consecutive women's title and Mohd Azlan Iskandar put up a sterling performance to turn the tables on Australia's Stewart Boswell to clinch the men's trophy.

In front of some 500 fans who turned at The Curve Shopping Centre, Nicol, the top seed and world number one disposed off Bailey, the fourth seed 9-4, 9-3, 9-2 in clinical fashion.

A totally focused Nicol easily trounced Bailey in 36 minutes in the final to secure her fourth World Tour title of the year.

Her other titles were the KL Open (March), Kuwait Open and Qatar Classic in April. She also reached the final of the Seoul City Open in April.

"After three months of break, it's a great way to start the second half of the year," said Nicol.

"It was great to win the title at home. So many people turned up for the matches, which is great for squash."

Earlier, Azlan, the fifth seed beat Boswell, the number 12 and top seed 11-10 (3-0), 11-8, 11-4 in 44 minutes.

It was Azlan's second Malaysian Open title after bagging his first title in 2004. It was also his second title of the year, the first being the North American Open in San Francisco in May.

The national number two had a splendid week of squash leading up to the win in the final.

Azlan, the world number 19, disposed off English players Lee Beachill, the second seed in the semi-finals on Friday and Adrian Grant, the third seed and defending champion on Thursday, in the quarter-finals.

Azlan proved that those two wins were not a flash in the pan as he overcame Boswell in straight sets.

"I was under a lot of pressure when I played Lee in the semi-finals yesterday (Friday). I had to come back from two sets down to win," he said.

Azlan,had to come back from two games down to upset Beachill, the second seed 6-11, 2-11, 11-10 (3-1), 11-9, 11-2 in 64 minutes.

"But today I told myself to relax against Boswell. Just go out there and enjoy my squash. "Everything just went my way today.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 11:32 PM | Show all posts
Squash: Nicol survives scare
By S. SIVABALAN

PETALING JAYA: Two-time World Open champion Nicol David had to dig deep into her reserves to overcome gutsy Australian Rachael Grinham to reach the women抯 final of the Malaysian Open squash championships at The Curve Shopping Centre here yesterday.

Nicol, the world No 1 and top seed, fought back from a first set drubbing to tame the third-seeded Rachael 0-9, 9-2, 9-5, 4-9, 9-4 in 72 minutes to stay on course for her third straight Malaysian Open crown.

Nicol, who is seeking her fourth World Tour title of the year, will meet surprise finalist Tania Bailey, the fourth seed, in a repeat of last year抯 final.

Bailey, of England, shocked second seed and world No 2 Natalie Grinham of Australia 9-2, 9-4, 9-0 in just 28 minutes.

Natalie failed to put up her usual top class performance as she was affected by her right Achilles injury, which she sustained during her quarter-final match against England抯 Jenny Duncalf on Thursday.

With Natalie抯 exit, Nicol is now the firm favourite to retain her crown.

揑 am glad to have reached the final again. I am sure Tania will be going all out for it in the final. I will have to bring my game up another notch when I play Tania,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 04:15 PM | Show all posts
Nicol cipta hatrik
Oleh AIDA ADILAH MAT

TANPA dituntut berkerja keras, Nicol melebarkan sayap kemenangan dengan mencatatkan sejarah tersendiri apabila berjaya mencipta hatrik untuk menjulang takhta Kejohanan Skuasy Terbuka Malaysia 2007 buat kali ketiga berturut-turut.

Kejayaan itu turut menyaksikan kejayaan berganda buat negara apabila persorangan lelaki negara Mohd Azlan Iskandar turut dinobatkan sebagai juara kategori lelaki.

Nicol yang terus unggul sebagai pemain nombor satu dunia itu menyamai rekod Annette Andrews dari Singapura (1976-78), meraih kemenangan mudah menewaskan pemain ranking keempat dunia, Tania Bailey 9-4, 9-3, 9-2 dalam tempoh 36 minit.

揔emenangan ini satu permulaan yang baik untuk saya. Ia turut menghadiahkan saya satu perasaan yang tidak dapat digambarkan terutama apabila berjaya menang sekali lagi di hadapan penonton di Malaysia dan di venue yang baru.

揝elepas menjalani latihan intensif selama tiga bulan saya harap dapat membawa momentum kejayaan ini ke Masters Singapura, awal bulan depan dan cuba melakukan yang terbaik sekali lagi,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 04:16 PM | Show all posts
Azlan puas berjaya balas dendam

PERSORANGAN negara, Mohd Azlan Iskandar mengekalkan rentak cemerlang untuk mengulangi kejayaan 2005, Skuasy Terbuka Malaysia apabila melakarkan kejutan buat kali kedua dengan menundukkan pilihan utama, Stewart Boswell.

Kejayaan menumpaskan pemain ranking ke-12 dunia dengan 13-11, 11-8, 11-4 dalam tempoh 44 minit adalah kejayaan kedua buat dirinya musim ini selepas menjuarai Terbuka Amerika Utara 2007, Mei lalu.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 02:22 PM | Show all posts
superb nicol dan azlan iskandar...

cuma aku concern dengan pelapis, aku harap Malaysia akan ada pelapis yang hebat lepas ni..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 05:51 AM | Show all posts
Terbuka Singapura sasaran Nicol seterusnya

JOHOR BAHARU

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-8-2007 04:16 PM | Show all posts

Reply #130 cekodok78's post

Tulah pasal...
aku harap ade pelapis yang akan mengantikkan dorang nie...
nanti jadi macam Badminton...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-8-2007 07:21 AM | Show all posts
Nicol mara ke akhir Masters Singapura

JOHOR BAHARU - Nicol David mara ke perlawanan akhir Kejohanan Skuasy Wanita Masters Singapura CIMB di Pusat Skuasy Kallang, semalam dan bersedia merebut gelaran kejuaraan baru itu.

MANTAP...pemain nombor satu dunia, Nicol David mara ke
perlawanan akhir selepas menewaskan pilihan kedua, Rachael
Grinham pada separuh akhir Kejohanan Skuasy Wanita Masters
Singapura CIMB di Pusat Skuasy Kallang, semalam

Nicol, juara dunia berusia 23 tahun, menewaskan pemain Australia, Rachael Grinham 9-2, 9-2, 9-1 dalam masa 23 minit pada pertemuan separuh akhir, semalam dan akan bertemu dengan adik Rachael, Natalie pada perlawanan akhir, hari ini.

Natalie, pilihan kedua mengalahkan Tania Bailey dari England pada satu lagi perlawanan separuh akhir dengan keputusan 9-6, 9-6, 9-1 dalam masa 46 minit.

Hadiah AS$6,500 milik juara kejohanan bakal menjadi rebutan antara kedua-dua pemain utama skuasy dunia masa kini tetapi bagi Nicol, ia lebih daripada wang tunai berkenaan.

Anak kelahiran Pulau Pinang itu pastinya ingin meletakkan Singapura dan Wanita Master 2007 dalam senarai kejohanan yang dimenanginya bagi mengukuhkan kedudukannya sebagai pemain nombor satu dunia yang tiada tolok bandingnya.

Kejayaannya mengalahkan Rachael, semalam menunjukkan hasratnya untuk mengekalkan prestasi kemenangan.

Sebagaimana yang diucapkannya selepas perlawanan itu: 憫Saya mengekalkan tumpuan sepanjang permainan kerana saya tidak mahu membiarkan Rachael mempunyai peluang untuk melawan semula, satu keupayaan yang ada padanya.

憫Dan saya akan melakukan perkara yang sama pada perlawanan akhir esok. Saya mulai berasa selesa dengan keadaan gelanggang sekarang dan saya tidak menjangkakan akan menghadapi satu perlawanan yang mudah semasa menentang Natalie.

憫Anda semua tahu apa yang boleh dilakukannya. Lagi pun, beliau pernah mengalahkan saya semasa perlawanan akhir Terbuka Seoul tiga bulan lepas.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2007 10:58 PM | Show all posts
Squash: Nicol crushes rival Grinham to win S'pore Open
By S.SIVABALAN

PETALING JAYA: The fireworks in the final of the Singapore Squash Masters did not materialise as two-time World Open champion Nicol David crushed Australia's Natalie Grinham to secure back-to-back titles at the Kallang Squash Centre on Saturday.

Nicol, who won the Malaysian Open last Saturday, thumped Grinham 9-6, 9-5, 9-5 in the final.

Nicol had a big advantage since Grinham was clearly not at her best, not having fully recovered from her right Achilles injury sustained last week at the Malaysian Open.

World No 1 Nicol has now won five titles this year and 21 in total since turning professional in 2000.

The win also extends her unbeaten run to eight professional matches.

The final on Saturday renewed the rivalry between Nicol and Grinham, the two best women squash players in the world currently.

It was their sixth meeting of the year, and was expected to have been a long, drawn-out affair, especially since Nicol surprisingly lost to Grinham in the final of the Seoul City Open in April.

Nicol earned US$6,650 (RM23,142) for winning the title while Grinham took home US$4,725 (RM16,443) as runner-up.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2007 11:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #134 dexa's post

lama menghilang

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2007 03:09 AM | Show all posts
hopefully its not too late to ucapkan tahniah to nicol and azlan~!!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 05:16 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.241692 second(s), 44 queries .