Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: BeanDiesel

Complaints, Suggestions and Feedback

[Copy link]
bob This user has been deleted
Post time 22-5-2006 09:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Ahihuh at 22-5-2006 08:06 PM
Religion is a very personal and sensitive topic.What I mean is one should give opinions pertaining to  his/her religion only and try to avoide comparing or giving judgements on others' religions.

BD has been very fair. he has even asked me to state some of my reasons and others. i may not have responded as i am a student do not have as much time as the rest of you.

but truth.8., your name is not easy to type so some may put as t8 or sometime try to jostle your hair by calling you kiddo or thamby. its only a nick for god sake. thamby means kid brother. i have been called worst - pig, dumb. dumbass, monkey etc. but i couldnt careless. you see, if one keep on calling people names, post wrong verses, try to debate with no facts gradually, he/she would lose credibility.

in this kind of forum where nobody can see your handsome face, the only face that we have is our credibility. i would want my posting to be read twice. i would want my posting to stand and be counted. and sometime i do want to make others angry (but wittily) rather than calling people stupid etc..

even debating with your friends they will call you things like apek or such.. that's the flavor of debates. just dont go to the level of calling people animals or degrading them.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-5-2006 10:42 PM | Show all posts

Dear Truth.8,

If you feel victimized or been treated unfairly by us, please by all means report to the admins. You have the right to do so. THREATS won抰 get you ANYTHING here.

Please bear in mind that you're not the only one participating in this forum, and this forum doesn't evolve around you. We have to take into consideration of all rsf forum members and we try treating all the members equal and fair.

I just don抰 get it when you saying you're the only one been treated unfairly although all this while BeanDiesel and I have given warning/advice to the guys here that breached the rules or guidelines.

So a simple solution, next time please report to us (pm) any personal attack made against you or any forum member here immediately incase we missed them.

Are you cool with that Truth.8?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-5-2006 10:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Ahihuh at 22-5-2006 08:06 PM
Religion is a very personal and sensitive topic.What I mean is one should give opinions pertaining to  his/her religion only and try to avoide comparing or giving judgements on others' religions.

Well, Religion when discussed/debated properly is healthy.
Unfortunately, we rarely see that happening here.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-5-2006 05:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Ahihuh at 5/22/06 04:06 AM

Yes, religion is very personal to many people. And I believe it's pretty personal to every member of this board, which is not a bad thing.

And as DVP says we believe that discussing religions and also comparing them can be very healthy, but it comes with the price. It takes a lot of rationality and composure. So what we're trying to do is to promote healthy discussion ethics. Even with good ethics, religion is still a pretty sensitive topic. Without that (good ethics), it will be much worse, and people will end up satisfying anger and hate rather than exchanging ideas.

So once in a while we may have to advise people to practice good manner in debating. I personally hate to do that, but I see the need.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-5-2006 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bob at 5/22/06 05:11 AM

BD has been very fair. he has even asked me to state some of my reasons and others. i may not have responded as i am a student do not have as much time as the rest of you.

but truth.8., your n ...

I'm glad you don't take my advice personally. Seriously, one can say anything, even though if I personally disagree with the idea (and if I have my own idea to counter it, I'd say it as a regular participant of the discussion). Sometimes, even if the basic idea sounds fine to me, the method of delivering it may not be appropriate for this board. That's when I will carry out my moderator's duty. But I'm sure you understand that I don't hate your guts.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-5-2006 11:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DivinePonytail at 22-5-2006 10:49 PM

Well, Religion when discussed/debated properly is healthy.
Unfortunately, we rarely see that happening here.

I would like to see moderators being fair as to ensure that the forum will flow freely but unfortunately i don't see it happening here.What happens to all your words and promises before being elected?

I just like to point out what Truth8 has just raised eventhough i may not agree with most of his thread but i guess you guys should consider it and being fair to him.If he feels that he's being victimised or unfairly treated,so please do him a favour by removing or deleted those abusive or offensive remarks made by any forummers and that the same goes to any other thread which deemed abusive or offensive or out of topic,you guys please delete it.My purpose here is to foster debate, no matter how heated it may become - provided we don't resort to petty name-calling and personal insults of course.I leave that to you guys for the conclusion and lets hope you guys could  do something for the sake of a quality debate.Thank you

Peace be unto you :hatdown:

Wira_melayu

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-5-2006 12:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wira_melayu at 23-5-2006 11:36 PM

I would like to see moderators being fair as to ensure that the forum will flow freely but unfortunately i don't see it happening here.What happens to all your words and promises before being e ...

Please read RSF rules regarding only certain post/thread that will be deleted.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-5-2006 09:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wira_melayu at 5/23/06 07:36 AM

I would like to see moderators being fair as to ensure that the forum will flow freely but unfortunately i don't see it happening here.What happens to all your words and promises before being elected?

Hello wira_melayu,

if you ask me, my promise before being elected is that I would try my best to achieve and maintain harmony in this board. I would also allow rather free discussions to go on here. I used 'rather' since I didn't intend to allow total freedom here. For example, I don't mind if people discuss a sensitive issue, but I do mind if people do it insensitively, like insulting each other when making a point.

I just like to point out what Truth8 has just raised eventhough i may not agree with most of his thread but i guess you guys should consider it and being fair to him.If he feels that he's being victimised or unfairly treated,so please do him a favour by removing or deleted those abusive or offensive remarks made by any forummers and that the same goes to any other thread which deemed abusive or offensive or out of topic,you guys please delete it.My purpose here is to foster debate, no matter how heated it may become - provided we don't resort to petty name-calling and personal insults of course.I leave that to you guys for the conclusion and lets hope you guys could  do something for the sake of a quality debate.Thank you

To me, it seems like Truth.8 felt victimized because he/she taught I didn't warn Muslim members of policy violation. I did, but I do admit that I missed one since I mistakenly underestimated the word "thamby". As soon as I realized it, I took action to the Muslim member. But be aware that I have adviced/warned Muslim members before. I hope Truth.8 also realizes this. I take it as a misunderstanding.

As DVP said, we are not allowed by Cari Forum administration to delete posts other than the 6 types as listed in Rule 1.

Also, for now, it is a violation of our rule (which may result in CP deduction) for abusive or offensive remarks made against a member of this board. So anybody who does that may be warned. I'm sure you understand that. But discussion topics that are sensitive to some people (but not a personal attack against any specific member) is not yet made a rule. However our General Guidelines does mention graciousness, prohibition of slander unconstructive remarks and other relevant things. We will, if necessary advise an author of a thread to follow the guidelines. Also, if members believe that a thread is against our General Guidelines, we encourage reporting it to us directly.

We may (or may not) in the future come out with a clearly defined rule about abusive or out-of-topic discussion. We certainly appreciate your input nevertheless.

My purpose here is to foster debate, no matter how heated it may become - provided we don't resort to petty name-calling and personal insults of course.

That's healthy.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

me This user has been deleted
Post time 25-5-2006 10:28 PM | Show all posts
what about post like this?

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... &extra=page%3D1

its obvious that this thread was made to provoke

just take a look at what they posted

at first it started like this

jesus words not implemented by church...

bishop gene robinson, otis charles, mervyn castle, feffrey john. what they have in common? they are all gay bishops who openly admits their sexual preference.

what's bibles stand on this as there are verses such as Leviticus 18:22 that call this abomination. yet there are bishops. does this infer that church are no more using bibles as the rules? is it 4th century all over again?

then no one cares, so somehow his not satisfied, so posted this

as expected....

bishop gene robinson, otis charles, mervyn castle, feffrey john. what they have in common? they are all gay bishops who openly admits their sexual preference.

what's bibles stand on this as ther ...
no takers. debmey, truth, friday, seph ???

still no one cares, then this other guy came in, and posted this

Originally posted by bob at 24-5-2006 07:15 AM

no takers. debmey, truth, friday, seph ???
moment of silence dude.

but still no one cares, then he turns the gear a bit and posted this

QUOTE:
Originally posted by anti_aktivis at 24-5-2006 11:37 AM

moment of silence dude.

christian is breeding a new generation of homosexuals..with gay fathers and bishop..i am sure church attendance will be mostly nyah and sotongs...

and the existing christians have no balls to stop em..

then only came someone to post back.

now isnt that just plain provocation.

it seems like they want to fight

isnt there some rule for something like this?

if not, should make one.

what say you mods??

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2006 01:08 AM | Show all posts

Thank you for reporting, me.
Yes, there's a guideline for this kind of posts.

Troll the Forum.
Trolling is the posting of messages intended to spark a fight or stirring up trouble or to incite disruption.

Slander Unconstructive Remarks.
Do not make any kind of this type of remarks against other religion, race or other forum member that could be detrimental to the wellbeing of the RSF board. This include calling the person's religion or holy book as fake/false/corrupted. - - - - Updated 15/5/2006.

The initial post was a question directed to christians as to why there's gay marriage allowed in churches, which we feel as a 'fair' question.

However the trailing posts after that was nothing but slanderous remarks. I wil advice them not to do so again.

Please refer back to the thread.
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... &extra=page%3D1

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 26-5-2006 10:11 PM | Show all posts
thank you, appreciate it

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-5-2006 03:22 PM | Show all posts

Guys,

I've issued a few warnings a couple of days ago, and I know that some refuse to cooperate. But until today I haven't actually deducted anybody's CP yet. I just don't like to do it. I hope I don't have to, though I think it's fair, and unfortunately necessary. But I don't feel like doinig so tonight, since I'm tired of working with a 12 million-year old fossil for like 10 hrs straight, when my major is not even close to paleontology. I hope you understand how messed up my brain is right now.

So, I'm not gonna cut nobody's credit tonight. You guys still got a few hours to remedy that. I (we) don't mean to limit anybody's freedom of speech, but it's shameful if a religious forum is full of insults.

So, please, ok? I have faith in u guys.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-6-2006 08:31 AM | Show all posts

To All,
I'm personally impressed with most (if not all) of you who are cooperative enough to comply with our rule against personal insults. Thank you so much and keep it up. :tq:

Use magic Report

Post time 5-6-2006 07:51 AM | Show all posts

Hi all, i'm back.
Glad to see this board in pretty good shape and i see the forum members here are showing good and respectable attitude.

Keep it up guys. :clap:

Peace.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-6-2006 02:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 22-5-2006 14:18

are u saying member can call other different name here? I am know as Truth.8....so advise members to address me in such name not name calling like thamy, apek or whatever!!!

would u like t ...

Thamby in Tamil means "friend" in english. from what i know

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 23-6-2006 02:02 PM | Show all posts
Thamby is little brother, ane is elder brother from what I understand from a Tamil speaking colleague who married a muslim lady.  At a raya open-house, his youngest child called his elder brother ane so I asked him what it mean.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-6-2006 02:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 23-6-2006 02:02 PM
Thamby is little brother, ane is elder brother from what I understand from a Tamil speaking colleague who married a muslim lady.  At a raya open-house, his youngest child called his elder brother a ...

are both of them muslim? your colleague and his wife?:hmm:ff:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-6-2006 08:34 AM | Show all posts

Guys,
seems like an insult fest has begun here in RSF. It's not gonna be long until I start issuing warnings and deducting credits again.

Use magic Report

Post time 26-6-2006 12:00 PM | Show all posts
why there are so many thread closed eventhough there's discussion in it?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-6-2006 12:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by juwaini at 6/25/06 08:00 PM
why there are so many thread closed eventhough there's discussion in it?

Sometimes because the discussion is way off topic, sometimes because there are way too much insult (can be considered as 'off topic' too), and many other reasons. We'll try to mention the reason within the thread.
But of course if one believes that the discussion should proceed one may post a request here and provide some good reason. The closure isn't always final.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 05:42 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.438015 second(s), 43 queries .