Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: katt

Korean Entertainment News Update

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 20-7-2006 01:02 AM | Show all posts
July19, 2006

Two More Top Film Fests Await Kim Tae-woo

Discharge from military service is right in front of the nose of 31-year-old Sergeant Kim, but finishing his PhD won't be easy, nor will getting a job. To make matters worse, he learns about his wife's infidelity, plunging him into deep despair. Made up of three short sketches, the final episode of "Don抰 Look Back" (Dir. Kim Young-nam) seems perfect for Kim Tae-woo. Just like the characters he has given us so far, this one bumbles erratically through a dreary life. And again, it is an art-house film that seems a long way from a commercial success.

But right about the time that promotion work began on the film, the Locarno International Film Festival sent word that it would screen the film in competition for the Golden Leopard ? the third time Kim's face will be seen at a leading European film fest after "JSA: Joint Security Area" (2001, Berlin) and "Woman Is the Future of Man" (2004, Cannes).

Since this year's Venice International Film Festival is expected to invite director Hong Sang-soo's "A Woman on the Beach", Kim Tae-woo will have been in films at all four leading festivals. It looks like he has an eye for picking scripts. "Well, I choose them because I have a good feeling about them," he tells the Chosun Ilbo modestly. 揕uck also played a major part."

Does he have an introspective personality? "I get asked that too much. But people who know me well would never say that. One production company head is always saying, 'Tae-woo has to be in a comedy sometime.'" But despite his surprisingly cheerful and direct personality, the actor does not want to talk about his private life, and the multitude of PR appearances he has to make for the film weigh heavy on his mind.

Kim tells an anecdote that shows just how deep his interest in the films is, and how strong his convictions. "I once turned down a part in a soap opera because I was so concentrated on an early-morning drama. The producer of the show called me a 'crazy man.' He must have been vexed being turned down after giving such a good opportunity to a newcomer. But later that same man sought me out and said he was impressed with my 'sense of responsibility' and asked me to appear in his work." Ten years later, Kim is still working with the heart of a newcomer and still as straightforward as ever. He may be no star, but he is an actor directors can trust to turn in a memorable performance.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0607190011.html

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 20-7-2006 12:29 PM | Show all posts
2006-07-19

Movie "A Dirty Carnival," watched by more than 2 million in the midst of Hollywood blockbusters

Amongst the many Hollywood blockbusters, there are a few Korean movies that are exhibiting their powers.

"Hanbando" directed by Kang Woo Seok has been gathering crowds since its opening while the noir film "A Dirty Carnival" (directed by Yoo Ha, produced by Sidus FNH) starring Jo In Seong marked 2 million viewers a month after its opening.

"A Dirty Carnival" steadily played in theatres since June 15th and hit the 2 million mark this past 15th. The movie had to go against Hollywood blockbusters such as "Mission Impossible 3," "Poseidon," "X-Men 3," "Superman Returns," "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest," amongst others in theatres starting during the World Cup season. The 2 million mark is notable considering the heavy theme and genre aiming towards a noir film, as well as the competition against major Hollywood blockbusters.

The directing of Yoo Ha, who has gathered steady fans through the movies "Crazy Marriage" and "Spirit of Jeet Kun Do," and the enthusiastic performance of actor Jo In Seong, who was considered an actor waiting to be completed, became the force in gathering steady crowds to the screen.

"Hanbando" with its steady audience and "A Dirty Carnival," which has been guarding the theatres alone until recently, will be joined by "The Host" (directed by Bong Joon Ho) on the coming 27th.

[Copyright © 2006 Goodday News/Goodday E&I Inc. All rights reserved.]

Source: http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/l ... &pg=1&no=43

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-7-2006 12:43 PM | Show all posts
Acting Range

JULY 20, 2006 03:05

揑 have never chosen the drama I would act, but the right cast and script in that drama,

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-7-2006 12:49 PM | Show all posts
2006-07-18

Bae Yong Joon into the drama, GO!

The television drama series 'Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi' (screenplay by Song Ji Na, directed by Kim Jong Hak) that draws the life of Gwanggaeto Daewang (King Gwanggaeto) started filming on location in Kyrgyzstan.

The production director Park Chang Shik of Kim Jong Hak Productions said, "Scenes of riding horses and other outdoor scenes are being filmed on location in Kyrgyzstan while indoor scenes are being filmed on sets built on Cheju Island and the Icheon area of Gyeonggi Province."

Bae Yong Joon who is the main lead recently started filming. Director Park also said, "Bae Yong Joon filmed his first scene at a lecture hall of Pocheon Daejin University located in Gyeonggi Provice the other day (11th). We also filmed the scene where Yeonogae (King Gwanggaeto's rival) is being born in water." Yoon Tae Yeong was recently casted as Yeonogae, the son of the head aristocrat (played by Park Sang Won) that is in conflict with the royalties.

'Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi' which was accused of plagiarizing the Korean comic series 'Barameui Nara (Nation of Wind)' recently received a decision from the Seoul District Court stating that it is "not possible to determine it as plagiarism," ending the plagiarism argument.

Despite the many criticisms regarding the production and airing of the series along with plagiarism issues, 'Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi' has picked up speed in filming with Bae Yong Joon joining the crew. Director Park commented, "It is scheduled to be aired on MBC around January or February of next year. Different from the various rumors, the actually production is moving forth as planned without problems and will be a fantasy style drama."

[Copyright © 2006 Herald Media, Inc. All rights reserved.]

Source: http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/l ... &pg=1&no=42

Use magic Report

Post time 20-7-2006 01:04 PM | Show all posts
Musical Actress Sonya to Go to Broadway
2006-07-20

The musical actress Sonya will perform on New York抯 Broadway, the "home of the
musical," as the original Korean musical 揗aria Maria,

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-7-2006 09:20 PM | Show all posts
July 20, 2006

Students Feel Power of Korean Wave First Hand

"Alright, we've got Daejanggeum posters here for 10 Yuan," "Take your pick folks, we've got it all: MP3 players to mobile phones." The lobby of the Mirage Hotel in Urumqi, capital of China抯 remote Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on July 13. On the Silk Road, a Korean market unfolds, and a group of 27 students from Kwangwoon University on a nine-day field trip join in the bartering.

At the vending booth there are four mobile phones and some digital products along with albums from Shinhwa and Rain, about 200 items in total which the students brought with them from Korea. The student in charge of bringing in the customers is sophomore Lee Hyeon-hwa (20, Media and Communication Arts). All decked out for the occasion in a Jangguem-style hanbok or Korean traditional wear, while 24-year-old English Literature senior Jeon Hyeon-wook has been charged with the male officer role opposite Janggeum.

The popularity of the historical TV drama "Daejanggeum (A Jewel in the Palace)" being televised across the country means it doesn't take long before a swarm of onlookers descend on the booth. One local abruptly picks up a frame with the picture of the drama's star Lee Young-ae and says, "Daejanggeum's is the most popular here," while another customer, who bought an album of gayageum (Korean zither) music said, "Why don't you sell kimchi and stuff?" One Chinese student picks up a bottle of soju and has a try at the word "so-joo" before proclaiming, "I'm going to have to drink this with my friends." In no time the 200 items have disappeared. The students also had the foresight to bring a photo printer, so they are able to take pictures with the locals and distribute them on the spot.

"It feels just like I've become a Korean Wave star myself. Some of the people who've already been came back again with their friends to get pictures," says a giddy Jeon dressed in his officer's costume. Junior Yoo Seung-Hye (21, Korean Literature) says, "Trying to sell this stuff here gave me a feeling of just how strong the Korean Wave really is. My heart is brimming with satisfaction because I feel like we really gave the people a good impression of Korea and Korean university students." Urumqi was once an important way-station on the Silk Road and flowered as the nexus for east-west cultural exchange but is now regarded as an economic backwater in China.

The students' retail activities raised some 1,023 Yuan (US$1= 8.00 CNY) with which they bought 10 bicycles and 10 boxes of diapers that they then donated to a children's center. The person who put the whole project together said, "Ahead of the summer break, we just had the idea that instead of just taking the students on a simple overseas study trip, we could learn about history, interact with the people, and feel pride about our culture as we observe the changing landscape in China."

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607200013.html

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 20-7-2006 09:29 PM | Show all posts
July 20, 2006

Lee Hyo-lee Becomes Muscle Mag抯 First Cover Girl

The Korean edition of the fitness magazine Men's Health magazine has departed from the interchangeable male torsos that usually grace its cover to feature the K-Pop singer Lee Hyo-lee, a woman. The August edition shows Lee getting a hug from acting newcomer Lee Jai-yoon. She becomes the first woman on the cover of the magazine that more typically features the likes of Cho Han-sun and Lee Seo-jin. She will likely be the last for a long time, as will an eight-page special spread of the starlet shot in Maldives.

The concept for the shot was to show the "everyday" Lee Hyo-lee, so the singer is seen vacationing in a bikini and demure as a maiden. Her partner in the shoot, Korean Canadian Lee Jai-yoon, has appeared in the sitcom "Non-stop" and the DMB soap opera "Yap." The magazine says the "innocent charm and youthfulness" of the two, plus "the way they diligently groom themselves" persuaded it to feature the two as representatives of the beauty of the times.

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607200010.html

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 01:59 PM | Show all posts
Actors Sohn Tae-yung and Lee Ki-woo to Visit Thailand
2006-07-21

Actors Sohn Tae-yung and Lee Ki-woo will visit Thailand Friday to promote the film 揝ad
Movie.擺/size]

During the three-day-and-two-night trip, the two will hold interviews with media
companies and give press conferences. On Saturday, they will attend a press
preview of the movie and express their gratitude to guests from the stage.

Scheduled to be released on July 27 in the Southeast Asian country, the movie has
attracted interest there due to its high profile, all-star cast.

Playing the female partner of actor Cha Tae-hyun, Sohn realizes the reality of the
situation and chooses to leave her lover despite her love for him. Lee appears as
the lover of a woman played by actress Shin Min-ah.

The movie topped box office rankings immediately after being released in Korea last
October.

After returning home from the Thai trip, Sohn will prepare for the opening of her
latest movie 揋yeonggui Railway,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-7-2006 12:35 PM | Show all posts
July 21, 2006

Song Kang-ho Conquers Fear of Monsters

If the creature movie "The Host" pulls audiences above all with director Bong Joon-ho's ingenious directorial skills and superb special effects, that does not diminish the pleasure of seeing a superb ensemble cast at work.

At the center of the harmonious achievement is the actor Song Kang-ho, who controls his explosive power throughout the movie rather than blowing up for instant catharsis. The film, which comes 10 years after Song's debut, is released on July 27.

What was your first impression when you saw the finished movie?

I though it was a very strange movie. I felt it was like a color I'd never seen before.

Apparently you had qualms accepting the part even though Bong Joon-ho had directed you in "Memories of Murder" before?

I wouldn't have appeared in the film if Bong hadn't been the director, because I don't like monster movies. When I first read the script at the planning stage, I wanted to refuse for the same reason I wanted to accept. The work felt unfamiliar and strange. That was the appeal of the movie for me.

What kind of man did you think Kangdu was? -- Song's character, who runs a stall near the Han River and goes on searching for his daughter after she is kidnapped by a monster?

He is reckless but innocent. Mainstream figures in society would not so recklessly launch into a search for a kidnapped daughter. But I think they have just been tamed by organizations, and they were originally as innocent as Kangdu. In the context, Kangdu is the most ordinary person, paradoxically.

Can you count the most important three among the productions you have done for the last 10 years?

"Green Fish", "The Foul King" and "Memories of Murder." I have worked with good directors for 10 years. Lee Chang-dong, Park Chan-wook and Bong Joon-jo have had great influence on me.

What is the most important factor when you choose a movie?

I consider who directs the movie above all, then the script. The rest doesn't matter.

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607210010.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-7-2006 08:01 PM | Show all posts
Copied from Twitchfilm.net, credit to X
http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006602.html

July 21, 2006

43rd Grand Bell Awards Winners [The Clowns Bring Home 10]

Last in line to make its appearance every year, the 대종상영화제 (Grand Bell Awards) has reached its 43rd Edition, and just like every other year, their nominations are a mix of too much focus on mainstream acceptance, a few pleasant and even some unpleasant surprises. Lee Joon-Ik's 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) has broken a record once again, reaching 15 nominations, an all time high. Although it's always been the case, the Awards nominations focus more on films from the second half of 2005, with a few highlights from early 2006 -- mostly 음란서생 (Forbidden Quest) and 사생결단 (Bloody Tie). To avoid the World Cup craze, the ceremony has been postponed from the usual early July spot to July 21. As always, we'll cover the ceremony with live updates. Here's the list of nominees, with a few predictions:

UPDATED WITH WINNERS - 7/22

Note: Winners in BOLD.

===========================
최우수작품 (Best Film)

- 태풍 (Typhoon) - Dir. Kwak Kyung-Taek
- 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol) - Dir. Park Gwang-Hyun
- 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown) - Dir. Lee Joon-Ik
- 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance) - Dir. Park Chan-Wook
- 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine) - Dir. Park Jin-Pyo

WHO WON LAST YEAR: 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: - Lady Vengeance
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: The King and The Clown

=========================
감독 (Best Director)
=========================

- Kwak Kyung-Taek, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Lee Joon-Ik, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Min Gyu-Dong, 내 생애 가장 아름다운 일주일 (All For Love)
- Park Chan-Wook, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)
- Park Jin-Pyo, 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Song Hae-Sung, 역도산 (Rikidozan)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Park Chan-Wook
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Park Chan-Wook

================================
남우주연 (Best Leading Actor)

- Jang Dong-Gun, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Lee Jung-Jae, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Gam Woo-Sung, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Hwang Jung-Min, 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine)
- Ryu Seung-Beom, 사생결단 (Bloody Tie)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Jo Seung-Woo, 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Gam Woo-Sung
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Hwang Jung-Min or Gam Woo-Sung

=====================================
여우주연 (Best Leading Actress)
=====================================

- Jeon Do-Yeon, 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine)
- Lee Young-Ae, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)
- Jeon Ji-Hyun, 데이지 (Daisy)
- Jang Jin-Young, 청연 (Blue Swallow)
- Kim Hye-Soo, 분홍신 (The Red Shoes)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Kim Hye-Soo, 얼굴없는 미녀 (Hypnotized)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Jang Jin-Young
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Jeon Do-Yeon or Lee Young-Ae

===================================
남우조연 (Best Supporting Actor)

- Ahn Sung-Gi, 형사 Duelist
- Yoo Hae-Jin, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Im Ha-Ryong, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Jang Hang-Seon, 강력3반 (Never To Lose)
- Shin Goo, 간큰가족 (Super Family)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Hwang Jung-Min, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Ahn Sung-Gi
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Im Ha-Ryong or Yoo Hae-Jin

여우조연 (Best Supporting Actress)

- Kang Hye-Jung, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Na Moon-Hee, 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine)
- Lee Hwi-Hyang, 사랑을 놓치다 (Lost in Love)
- Kang Sung-Yeon, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Kim Soo-Mi, 가문의 위기 (Marrying The Mafia 2: Enemy in Law)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Na Moon-Hee, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Kang Hye-Jung
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Kang Hye-Jung

=================================
시나리오 (Best Script)

- Kwak Kyung-Taek, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Choi Seok-Hwan, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Jang Jin/Park Gwang-Hyun/Kim Joong, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Kim Dae-Woo, 음란서생 (Forbidden Quest)
- Yoo Sung-Hyeop/Min Gyu-Dong, 내 생애 가장 아름다운 일주일 (All For Love)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Jung Yoon-Cheol/Yoon Jin-Ho/Song Ye-Jin, 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Kim Dae-Woo
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Kim Dae-Woo

==============================
촬영 (Best Cinematography)

- Hwang Gi-Seok, 형사 Duelist
- Hong Kyung-Pyo, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Shin Ok-Hyeon, 홀리데이 (Holiday)
- Ji Gil-Yong, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Yoon Hong-Shik, 청연 (Blue Swallow)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Kim Hyung-Goo, 역도산 (Rikidozan)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Hwang Gi-Seok
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Ji Gil-Yong

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-7-2006 08:02 PM | Show all posts
photo from innolife.net

조명 (Best Lighting)

- Shin Kyung-Min, 형사 Duelist
- Yoo Yeol-Jong, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Lee Sung-Hwan, 홀리데이 (Holiday)
- Han Gi-Eop, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Choi Seok-Jae, 청연 (Blue Swallow)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Im Jae-Young, 얼굴없는 미녀 (Hypnotized)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Shin Kyung-Min
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Han Gi-Eop

편집 (Best Editing)

- Park Gwang-Il, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Go Im-Pyo, 형사 Duelist
- Kim Sang-Beom, 사생결단 (Bloody Tie)
- Kim Sang-Beom/Kim Jae-Beom, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Kim Sang-Beom, 박수칠 때 떠나라 (Murder, Take One)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Nam Na-Young, 주먹이 운다 (Crying Fist)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Go Im-Pyo
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Kim Sang-Beom/Kim Jae-Beom

음악 (Best Music)

- Kim Hyung-Seok, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Lee Byung-Woo, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Hisaishi Jo, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Michael Staudacher, 청연 (Blue Swallow)
- Umebayashi Shigeru, 데이지 (Daisy)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Kim Joon-Seong, 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Lee Byung-Woo
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Lee Byung-Woo or Hisaishi Jo

미술 (Best Art Direction)

- Kim Chang-Gil, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Kim Seung-Yong, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Jo Geun-Hyun, 음란서생 (Forbidden Quest)
- Jo Geun-Hyun/Lee Hyung-Joo, 형사 (Duelist)
- Takeuchi Koichi, 청연 (Blue Swallow)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Min Eon-Ok, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Jo Geun-Hyun/Lee Hyung-Joo
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Kim Seung-Yong

영상기술 (Best Visual Effects)

- Kang Joon-Ik/Shin Jae-Ho/Jung Do-An, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Insite Visual, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Oh Choong-Young/Kim Jin-Sook/Kim Gwang-Soo, 흡혈형사 나도열 (Vampire Cop Ricky)
- Jo Yi-Seok/Kim Yong-Gwan/Min Chi-Soon, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- MOFAC, 형사 Duelist

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Demolition/DTI, 달콤한 인생 (A Bittersweet Life)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Jo Yi-Seok/Kim Yong-Gwan/Min Chi-Soon
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Insite Visual

==================================
음향기술 (Best Sound Design)
==================================

- Kim Tan-Young/Choi Tae-Young, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Jung Kwang-Ho/Choi Tae-Young, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Lee Tae-Gyu/Kim Seok-Won, 데이지 (Daisy)
- Hwang Su-Yeon/Sung Su-Ah/Kim Seok-Won, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- KOFIC/Eun Hee-Soo, 청연 (Blue Swallow)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Kim Young-Moon/Choi Tae-Young, 남극일기 (Antarctic Journal)
WHO SHOULD WIN: KOFIC/Eun Hee-Soo
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Kim Tan-Young/Choi Tae-Young

====================================
기획 (Best Planning)
====================================

- Film It Suda, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Eagle Pictures, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Lee Seong-Chan, 태풍 (Typhoon)
- Oh Jung-Wan/Lee Yoo-Jin, 너는 내 운명 (You're My Sunshine)
- Park Chan-Wook, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Seok Myung-Hong, 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Eagle Pictures
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Eagle Pictures

의상 (Best Costumes)

- Shim Hyun-Seop, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Jung Kyung-Hee, 음란서생 (Forbidden Quest)
- Kim Min-Hee, 무영검 (Shadowless Sword)
- Jung Kyung-Hee, 형사 Duelist)
- Kwon Yoo-Jin, 청연 (Blue Swallow)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Jung Kyung-Hee, 혈의 누 (Blood Rain)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Jung Kyung-Hee (Forbidden Quest)
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Jung Kyung-Hee (any of the two)

신인감독 (Best New Director)

- Kim Dae-Woo, 음란서생 (Forbidden Quest)
- Park Gwang-Hyun, 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome To Dongmakgol)
- Han Jae-Rim, 연애의 목적 (Rules of Dating)
- Son Hee-Chang, 강력3반 (Never To Lose)
- Hwang Byung-Guk, 나의 결혼원정기 (Wedding Campaign)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Jung Yoon-Cheol, 말아톤 (Marathon)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Park Gwang-Hyun
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Park Gwang-Hyun

=============================
신인남우 (Best New Actor)
=============================

- Lee Joon-Gi, 왕의 남자 (The King and The Clown)
- Kim Min-Joon, 강력3반 (Never To Lose)
- Tak Jae-Hoon, 가문의 위기 (Marrying The Mafia 2: Enemy In Law)
- Kim Shi-Hoo, 친절한 금자씨 (Sympathy For Lady Vengeance)
- Jung Kyung-Ho, 내 생애 가장 아름다운 일주일 (All For Love)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Go Soo, 썸 (Some)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Lee Joon-Gi
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Lee Joon-Gi

신인여우 (Best New Actress

- Jo Yi-Jin, 태풍태양 (The Aggressives)
- Han Ji-Min, 청연 (Blue Swallow)
- Kim Yoo-Jung, 내 생애 가장 아름다운 일주일 (All For Love)
- Song Hye-Gyo, 파랑주의보 (My Girl & I)
- Chu Ja-Hyun, 사생결단 (Bloody Tie)

WHO WON LAST YEAR: Lee Cheong-Ah, 늑대의 유혹 (Romance Of Their Own)
WHO SHOULD WIN: Han Ji-Min
WHO WILL PROBABLY WIN: Han Ji-Min

============================
인기상 (Most Popular)
============================

이준기 (Lee Joon-Gi), 강성연 (Kang Sung-Yeon) [KOREA]
이준기 (Lee Joon-Gi), 이영애 (Lee Young-Ae) [OVERSEAS]

Grand Bell Awards Official Website
http://www.daejongsang.com/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-7-2006 08:06 PM | Show all posts
BEST ACTOR - GAM WOO SUNG (King and the Clown)

BEST ACTRESS - JEON DO YEON (You're My Sunshine)

Source: innolife.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-7-2006 08:10 PM | Show all posts
BEST NEW ACTRESS - CHU JA HYUN (Bloody Ties)

BEST NEW ACTOR - LEE JOON KI (King and the Clown)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-7-2006 07:26 PM | Show all posts
1st row (L-R): Lee Young Ae, Han Ji Min, Kang Sung Yun
2nd row (L-R): ?, ?, Jang Jin Young

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-7-2006 07:42 PM | Show all posts
Date: July 24, 2006

'King and the Clown' wins 7 Taejong film awards

To no one's surprise, the nation's record-setting blockbuster, "King and the Clown," attracting more than 12.3 million moviegoers, swept the 43rd Taejong (Grand Bell) Film Festival awards last Friday at the Conventional Hall, COEX in southern Seoul.

Nominated in a record-breaking 15 categories, "King and the Clown" grabbed seven awards, including the best film, best leading actor and best director awards.

Gam Woo-sung, 36, who played the role of a clown named "Jangsaeng," in the film, took the best leading actor award, marking a turning point in his 15-year acting career.

"There are many well-performing actors in Korea. But they do not have a chance at the awards. I appreciate all the staff including our scriptwriter, director and producer. I attribute this luck to all the film staff," he said after being called the winner.

He debuted in the 1990 television drama, "Paradise of Our Own," and started his movie career in his first film "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing," in 2001, where he played the role of an intelligent and gentle man who seeks free dating instead of marriage.

Gam also became popular by taking Son Ye-jin's ex-husband role in the recent SBS miniseries 揂lone in Love

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-7-2006 04:13 PM | Show all posts
'King and the Clown' Wins 7 Grand Bell Awards

By Chung Ah-young
Staff Reporter

To no one's surprise, the nation's record-setting blockbuster, "King and the Clown," attracting more than 12.3 million moviegoers, swept the 43rd Taejong (Grand Bell) Film Festival awards last Friday at the Conventional Hall, COEX in southern Seoul.

Nominated in a record-breaking 15 categories, "King and the Clown" grabbed seven awards, including the best film, best leading actor and best director awards.

Gam Woo-sung, 36, who played the role of a clown named "Jangsaeng," in the film, took the best leading actor award, marking a turning point in his 15-year acting career.

"There are many well-performing actors in Korea. But they do not have a chance at the awards. I appreciate all the staff including our scriptwriter, director and producer. I attribute this luck to all the film staff," he said after being called the winner.

He debuted in the 1990 television drama, "Paradise of Our Own," and started his movie career in his first film "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing," in 2001, where he played the role of an intelligent and gentle man who seeks free dating instead of marriage.

Gam also became popular by taking Son Ye-jin's ex-husband role in the recent SBS miniseries "Alone in Love" that ended in May.

Lee Joon-ki, who rocketed to stardom for playing an effeminate court jester in the nation's most viewed film, hit the trifecta by bagging the new actor, local and overseas popularity awards through mobile phones-and the Internet-based votes.

Lee Jun-ik, "King and the Clown" director, was also awarded as best director.

The best leading actress award went to Jeon Do-youn, who played the role of a pitiful tea room waitress in "You Are My Sunshine," directed by Park Jin-pyo, falling in love with a farmer.

Jeon also featured the SBS weekend primetime hit drama "Lovers of Prague" last year.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

07-23-2006 19:07   

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/ ... 072319071511710.htm

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 24-7-2006 04:45 PM | Show all posts
July 24, 2006 08:17 KST  

Bae Yong-joon, Businessman Extraordinaire   

Everyone's favorite son-in-law Bae Yong-joon should soon have the letters CEO on his name card. He is already regarded as something of an entertainment magnate as the largest shareholder of a Kosdaq-listed company and runs three restaurants at home and abroad.

The actor is the major shareholder of entertainment firm Keyeast with a 42.2 percent stake worth more than W50 billion (US$1=W950) at Friday's closing price. Bae bought Keyeast in March when it came close to being de-listed, changing its name from Ottowintech. He is believed to be managing some W80 billion, including his investments in restaurants and his Japanese agency.

Bae paid W7 billion in taxes last year. Softbank Korea, Bae's co-investor in Keyeast, says the investment decision came at the actor's proposal, who therefore "naturally" owns the largest stake. However, Bae will not directly take part in management, Softbank Korea President Greg Moon said.

But unlike other celebrities who just lend their name to business companies for promotion effects, Bae does now take a key part in the company's management. Most Keyeast executives including CEO Bae Sung-woong are the actor's former managers and have worked with him for some 10 years. For two or three years, Bae had been telling them he wants to start his own business to promote cooperation with entertainment companies of other Asian countries and thus sustain the Korean pop culture boom abroad.

Bae is also expanding his restaurant business. He established restaurants and cafes capitalizing on the well-being trend since opening a restaurant called Smart Kitchen last year. Then came the traditional Korean room Tea Loft at the main branch of Lotte Department Store and health food restaurant Gorilla In the Kitchen in Shinsa-dong in Gangnam, Seoul this April. A high-end Korean restaurant is scheduled to open in Tokyo next month.

Known as a perfectionist, the actor underlines and annotates his screenplays until they fall to pieces. Photographers who worked with him praise this skill at striking the perfect pose in every picture, none going to waste. Another business talent is his ability to make friends with anyone. People close to the actor say he is also good at spotting a lucrative opportunity.

Yet there are voices saying it is premature to conclude Bae is a leading business talent. The head of a management company admits that Bae has so far been successful in everything he has touched, but cautions it remains to be seen that was due to talent or the allure of his fame.

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607240005.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-7-2006 08:00 PM | Show all posts
July 24, 2006

Kim Yun-jin in Sexy Eiffel Tower Photo Shoot

Kim Yun-jin, who is rising to stardom in the ABC hit drama "Lost", recently struck some seductive poses in front of the Eiffel Tower. The actress was in Paris for a photo shoot that will run in a fashion magazine while also appearing in a documentary about her daily life.

Kim's manager said it was not just the Koreans but locals who recognized the actress and enjoyed watching the actress let down her long hair and strike sexy poses. A production crew from the OnStyle channel tailed the actress to film her every move for an upcoming documentary called "A Korean Woman Leading the World."

The feature will profile the actress's rise to Hollywood stardom, her activities as an actress, and her daily life as a woman. Kim, who recently became the first Korean actor or actress to appear on CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," will head to Hawaii to film season three of "Lost" after wrapping up in Paris.

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607240018.html

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2006 10:39 PM | Show all posts
Kangta, Vaness Set to Capture Hong Kong
2006-07-24

Korean singer Kangta and Taiwanese singer Vaness, who formed a project team, will
make a three-day visit to Hong Kong from Thursday to promote the ballad song

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-7-2006 11:30 PM | Show all posts
July 24, 2006

Hanaro Launches Internet TV Service

Hanaro Telecom launched the interactive service Hana TV on Monday, taking a significant step toward convergence between communications and broadcasting.

Hana TV is to offer a wide range of TV programs through Hanaro's broadband network rather than TV antennas or cable. Hanaro CEO Park Byung-mu says the new TV portal will serve "as a new growth engine for our company as a broadband Internet operator." KT, the nation抯 largest communication service provider, is to launch its own Internet protocol TV services early next year, which is tipped to bring about a sea change in the nation's broadcasting and telecom landscape.

Actress Kim Jung-eun, the official model for Hana TV, demonstrates the TV portal service.

Hana TV will offer movies, soap operas and educational programs through its broadband network, much like video-on-demand. Users have a set-top box installed at home that gives them access to high-definition TV programming at a time of their choosing. Hana TV offers several packages from W7,000 (US $1=W952) a month to W110,000. The drawback is that real-time broadcasts are not available yet due to government regulations. Hanaro Telecom partnered with some 50 content providers at home and abroad, including Disney, Sony Pictures, CJ Entertainment, the BBC, National Geographic and SBS to secure around 22,000 shows.

The launch of Hana TV will provide a push for IP TV services in Korea, which according to some pundits are hampered by red tape. When IP TV services become available more widely, users will be able to access data broadcasting as well as live broadcasts through their broadband network. "The dividing line between broadcasting and communications is becoming blurred by digital technology," says Ko Jung-min, a senior researcher at the Samsung Economic Research Institute. "Those who offer the better content will be the winner in the market."

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21dat ... 7/200607240020.html

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 04:15 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062668 second(s), 42 queries .