View: 3049|Reply: 13

MINDING UR Ps AND Qs

[Copy link]
Post time 22-6-2006 05:42 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
BUDI BAHASA  BUDAYA KITA???

Bernama.com
June 21, 2006 17:54 PM

KL Third Rudest City Finding Disputable              

KUALA LUMPUR, June 21 (Bernama) -- A global survey that placed Kuala Lumpur as the third rudest city is disputable, said Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Wednesday.

"We can question the tests used in the survey because I understand one of our attractions to foreign tourists is the friendliness of our people."

He said the survey of 35 of the world's capitals by Reader's Digest magazine gave a negative image of the country, especially after it was aired repeatedly by CNN.

The magazine had sent reporters to the 35 cities in which it publishes to conduct a survey of local politeness.

Three tests were employed: Dropping papers in a busy street to see if anyone would help; checking how often shop assistants said "thank you"; and counting how often someone held a door open.

According to the survey, the rudest city in the world is Mumbai, followed by Bucharest. New York tops as the most courteous city.

Najib said Malaysians should accept that an assessment had been made and they would need to work to change the perception.

The government had taken the initiative by launching a campaign recently to promote noble values and courtesy, he told reporters after handing over a cheque for RM32,000 from the Takaful group insurance scheme.

The payment was made to S. Sarimuthu, the father of National Service trainee S. Theresa Pauline who died on June 11 of a viral infection.

On the weapons training in the National Service programme, Najib said shooting with live bullets would continue but trainees were free to write in for exemption if they or their parents were concerned about safety.

He said feedback from trainees showed most were keen on the shooting training.

-- BERNAMA

:hmm:Agaknya tang mana yg melayakkan kita menang top 3 placing ni?:hmm:

[ Last edited by  seribulan at 2-7-2006 06:49 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-6-2006 09:18 AM | Show all posts
Orang berbudi, kita berbahasa

orang memberi, kita merasa,

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-6-2006 02:08 PM | Show all posts
ihsan dari bod CI...

Berdasarkan pada survey Reader's Digest.

Berikut adalah antara result (No 1 paling sopan-santun dan berbudi bahasa,berdasarkan mata)

Bandar                             Mata
1. New York                     80
15. London                     57
15.Paris                         57
21.Manila                       48
23.Sydney                     47
25.Bangkok                    45
25.Hong Kong                45
28.Jakarta                    43
30.Singapore                 42
33. Kuala Lumpur          37
34.Bucharest                35
32.Mumbai                    32

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_Ne ... /Article/index_html

1.New York
2.Zurich
3.Toronto
4.Berlin
4.Sao Paulo
7.Auckland
7.Warsaw
9.Mexico City
10.Stockholm
11.Budapest
11.Madrid
11.Prague
11.Vienna
15.Beunos Aires
15.Johannesburg
15.Lisbon
15.London
15.Paris
20.Amsterdam
21.Helsinki
21.Manila
23.Milan
23.Sydnye
25.Bangkok
28.Jakarta
28.Taipei
30.Moscow
30.Singapore
32.Seoul
33.Kuala Lumpur
34.Bucharest
35.Mumbai

Use magic Report

A380 This user has been deleted
Post time 14-7-2006 02:24 PM | Show all posts
Hehe...I wouldn't be surprised. Imagine our own neighbour who wouldn't even smile back at us. That's KL and that's the truth.

Charity begins at home.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2006 10:19 AM | Show all posts
There are 3 ways how they conducted this survey
1.  pergi beberapa kedai - tengok ada tak ahop assisst /shopkeeper say 'thank you'
2. sengaja jatuhkan kertas dr file - tosee whetehr anybody offered their help or not
3. masa tolak pintu - is there people offer nak bukak pintu

well, again depends on culture.  Then - how represenatative was the sample - Kalau kena subject yg tak gentleman - memang markah rendah 'cos for every subject they have certain scores, then they added it up.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2006 05:53 PM | Show all posts
Ok gak Malaysia ada dalam senarai ni walaupun diletakkan di bawah... maknanya dunia dah semakin mengenali Malaysia... Cara mereka mendapat keputusan ini boleh dipertikaikan sebab mungkin kayu pengukur yang mereka gunakan tidak adil.  Mereka pun manusia juga.. tak sempurna... dan tak lari dari membuat kesilapan.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-8-2006 12:11 AM | Show all posts
where developing countries are much more fast paced, i dont think we should neglect our eastern courteousness. i think being oblivious is  not a bliss, where actually with advent of 20th cent technology and social mindset we should be more considerate and tolerate towards others. not more rude, self-centered and stingy...
even though malaysia is now known for its rudeness, do u really think we want to be known in that manner?
but i didnt deny dat klites are generally rude. however its not fair to generalize, because there are some people who are generous, kind, caring and courteous.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Somehow I feel that Malaysians tend to choose to whom they want to be polite/nice....:hmm:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-8-2006 01:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedAlert at 16-8-2006 11:40 PM
Somehow I feel that Malaysians tend to choose to whom they want to be polite/nice....:hmm:

I am so agree with you, they tend to choose whom they want to have a chat with, whom they want to be nice to, hhm,

Use magic Report

Post time 22-8-2006 06:27 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedAlert at 16-8-2006 11:40 PM

true enough,esp when it comes to tourists or anyone holding a lot of MYR...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2006 10:23 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 RedAlert's post

It all adds up to how YOU react to the locals....you want people to smile, be polilte at you...You hv to put on a Smiling or at least a pleasant face so as to attract other people..be it local or foreigner....dont put on a very stand-offish look...you would then automatically make people turn awy from you....:hmm:..ye ke ni?...soooo true...i've experienced it..seen my mom doing it....people will go out of their way to assist you....TRY IT MALAYSIAN...PLASTER A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND YOU'LL GET A SMILE BACK..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2006 10:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mekna at 5-9-2006 10:23 AM
It all adds up to how YOU react to the locals....you want people to smile, be polilte at you...You hv to put on a Smiling or at least a pleasant face so as to attract other people..be it local or f ...

Ni hao : )

Couldn't agree with you more. Giving out even a slightest of your smile can really made someone's day (smirks not included folks). All it takes is a little practice, from day to day and it'll become second nature to all of us. See what it does the Thais, no wonder they called Thailand 'The Land Of Smiles'. (when they smile, it goes for miles)

All I'm asking that we should all stop lamenting with our current state of affairs and start smiling. I know, it's hard living in KL (or anywhere in Malaysia) nowadays but put things in a light perspective. Life's too short to dwell on all the gloom and doom. There's still hope left in store at the end of every dark tunnel. Just soldier on and never be tempted to stop half of the way...

Enjoy life and start smiling o fellow Malaysians!

Zai qian!
tangtut1

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2006 11:41 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 tangtut1's post

ni hao tangtut1:bgrin:...thank you for agreeing with me....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-5-2017 09:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
yang kurik itu kundi
yang merah itu saga
yang baik itu budi
yang indah itu bahasa

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

2-5-2024 11:13 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075765 second(s), 47 queries .