CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3781|Reply: 4

Study on Thermobaric Impacts

[Copy link]
Post time 7-7-2006 10:51 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Having studied the advantages of the Kornet-E weapons recently purchased by Greece and mounted on M-114G Hummers, I also made some research on thermobaric warheads. This is rather interesting article by Dr Anna E Wildegger-Gaissmaier. I have posted this in the G/T forum, but in case somebody missed it, I repost it here.

================

Thermobaric weaponry basics

Detonation of a high explosive device produces a rapid, localised energy release. The formation of a blast wave, thermal radiation, break-up of the munition casing and acceleration of the fragments dissipate this energy. In the case of conventional blast/ fragmentation warheads, a large part of the energy is taken up by the break-up of the casing and acceleration of the fragments.

Thermobaric weaponry usually has very thin casing and most of the energy ends up as fireball and blast/shock wave. The energy release in explosions occurs over microseconds and is governed by the detonation velocity of the explosive. Detonation velocities of thermobaric explosives (3

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-7-2006 11:05 AM | Show all posts
Biler ler ATM nak angkat itu KORNET......mengancam sikit....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2006 01:29 AM | Show all posts
Ini ke Kornet?

Abram boleh berkecai ke?

Use magic Report

HaN This user has been deleted
Post time 8-7-2006 02:04 AM | Show all posts
aku fikir ATGM versi Soviet/China susah sikit la nak digunakan brbanding ATGM versi NATO. sebab bila nak kena guna je, mesti nak letak atas tempat yang rata. susah sikit bila nak guna untuk Urban tactic. lain la RPG..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-7-2006 09:43 AM | Show all posts
I'ved read in the latest Asian Defence Journal, that the US MARINE latest grenade launcher would be able to launch the Thermobaric Grenade as well....

Interesting guys.......

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 07:52 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.233694 second(s), 28 queries .