ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3278|Reply: 7

Killings at Qana No. 2

Close [Copy link]
samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 2-8-2006 12:47 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Harrowing reports from Lebonan.

Killings at Qana - [url]http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs8012[/url]

"We heard the screams of one of the boys who was blown out of the building," says Abbas Kassab, who also lives in Qana. "He was alive but his legs were badly damaged and someone came out of the rubble with the boy's dead sister and laid her next to him. When we saw what had happened to the house we just all started digging with our hands or hoes, whatever we had, until the big machinery arrived."

But five children are still in one of the ambulances at the scene of the attack. A Red Cross worker opens the doors to reveal the bodies of five boys aged from five to fifteen. He pulls the blankets back to show the bruised and dusty corpses.

He picks up the body of the smallest one and holds it up for a second to show us. The boy is dressed in green shorts and white sleeveless t-shirt.

Out of the Rubble - [url]http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs8044[/url]

With a temporary halt in air strikes, both people and stories emerge from the destruction of one south Lebanese town.

"I saw dead people alongside the roads, burned people, people without heads. There was a corpse with only legs," she says. "It was horrible. I had to cover the eyes of my children because I didn't want them to see those things."

A journalist for Britain's Daily Telegraph picks up an old man named Mohammed, blind and seemingly as frail as a paint chip, and carries him over his shoulders, fireman-style, to the rescue teams below. He stops for a moment to take a rest, holds the old man in his lap like a child, pours a little water on his own hand and softly pats the back of Mohammed's neck to cool him down, all the while saying, "It's OK, Haj," a sign of respect for an older Muslim man.

Pictures taken from various online medias.  For those who didn't know, in 1996 about 100 civilians died and another 100 casualties in the UN compound in Qana after Israel drones bombed the UN building.  Israeli claimed they were targetting Hezbollah and didn't know there were civilians there.  Later a UN investigation and a video recording recorded by a UN peacekeeper later showed contrary to Israel's claim.  They were very much aware of the civilians.  You can google for the details of the news.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

bob This user has been deleted
Post time 7-8-2006 08:02 AM | Show all posts
yeah.. and some malaysian wants us not to talk about atrocities in lebanon.. heh heh

Use magic Report

Post time 7-8-2006 01:26 PM | Show all posts
that is a terrible tragedy. I'm looking forward to seeing Israel thoroughly investigated on this by some independent group.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-8-2006 10:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 7-8-2006 01:26 PM
that is a terrible tragedy. I'm looking forward to seeing Israel thoroughly investigated on this by some independent group.

bd, no independent body can fault israel. even un resolution has not been followed.. i am sure the independent body would not even be allowed in.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-8-2006 09:54 PM | Show all posts
today un feebly commented that isarael may have violated some international act. nothing specific or prohibitory.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-8-2006 12:19 PM | Show all posts
The UN could only function if they get rid of the US  veto power.  What is the use of the UN if most of it's resolutions is dictated by one country?

In the 80's Israel invaded Lebanon, massacred people in Shabra & Shatilla camp, after some investigation Sharon was found guilty of negligence but he became the Prime Minister of Israel.  How could that be?  Why no one says anything about the Father of the Terrorist being appointed in the government.  No one protested, but when Hamas was elected....it's a different story.

The 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon killed over 30,000 civilians. The siege of Beirut lasted for 70 days, Beirut was subjected a relentless barrage of air, naval, and artillery bombardment. The Israeli bombardment was random and indiscriminate. Food, electricity and water supplies were cut off - over 500,000 people were driven from their homes. The IDF calculated that they had used some 960 tons of ammunition in trying to destroy the city.

The price asked by Israel to stop the destruction of Beirut was for the 14,000 PLO fighters to abandon the city - leaving behind their families. The US brokered peace deal guaranteed the safety of the Palestinians left behind in the camps - a multinational peacekeeping force would be deployed to protect them.

The US didn't honour its word and three weeks after the PLO evacuation they withdrew the multinational force giving the green light to Israel to invade West Beirut and massacre the Palestinians in the camps.

These are excerpts from a book by Dr. Swee Chai, From Beirut to Jerusalem, (which I was lucky to have a copy and is very dear to me) she was there in Beirut when the massacre happened and she wrote this book because at first she was a rabid fan of Israel but when she was there, her perspective of Israel changed rapidly.  She was also one of the witnesses called to testify on the Sabra & Shatilla massacre.

"Our western media talks about peace, but they have forgotten the main ingredient of peace which is justice. I've known this for a long time. This was peace - lebanon 1982. After the Israeli invasion of Lebanon there were five peace plans. All of them failed because none of the peace plans talked about justice. And today - the same, people talk about peace - the road map and so on - but which one of them talks about justice? Certainly there can be no peace without justice...
"

"But more frightening are the number of new weapons they tested in Lebanon - that time it was the first time Israel exploded phosphorous bombs. So that when phosphorus hits someone it just burns for days and days and then if you wash it - it will burn even more, and the victims just died of phosphorus burns. But this is a different kind - this is called a vacuum bomb. What would happen is that the bomb would go in to a centre, build up very high TNT value, and suck the whole building down - this is an 11 floor building that was sucked in to a heap of rubble, buried within it are 200 people. When I arrived and saw this for myself I know that a doctor can't do much - it is a very humbling experience... I could do nothing to help those people who were buried and killed in this one single bomb attack."

Photos from her book:-

More on the book and presentation at http://www.inminds.co.uk/from-beirut-to-jerusalem.html

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-8-2006 02:05 PM | Show all posts
But this is a different kind - this is called a vacuum bomb. What would happen is that the bomb would go in to a centre, build up very high TNT value, and suck the whole building down -

Mmmmmm...how did the WTC collapsed again??

Use magic Report

Post time 11-8-2006 11:37 AM | Show all posts
http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/08/02/lebano13899.htm

Do we need more proof. Israelis believe they are better than any human on Earth. Their secret service operates under a motto of deception in making war. Looking at pictures of the dead babies, the bombed out cities, hearing the Israeli drone-people tell about all the things they claim they don't do and actually seeing the proof of what they do, Israel is violent. They are murderers, killers.

It is really no wonder so many people just don't like them or trust them or would like to see them gone.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 09:49 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059618 second(s), 33 queries .