ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: Sephiroth

Atheism - Mode of IGNORANCE

[Copy link]
Post time 21-8-2006 09:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 21-8-2006 09:00 AM
by vixen  
I can respect everyone's decision to accept a particular meaning and purpose for her/his life,whether God-defined or self-defined - as long as I am not told that *my life* is meaningless and purposeless because I've defined its meaning myself without any god!  
Sep the fag replied:
Take your respect and shove it. ;)
I don't see why I must respect anyone. Why dn't you give me a good reason why I should respect others?  

Pondan like you only respect the lingam your daddies gives you.. up  where the sun don't shine..  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-8-2006 07:57 AM | Show all posts
Where's Vixen and why is this mad person making noises here?

Oh yeah, I forgot ... end of evolutional cycle for Atheist are being mad, a bullet in their heads or being total idiots.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 09:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 23-8-2006 07:57 AM
Where's Vixen and why is this mad person making noises here?

Oh yeah, I forgot ... end of evolutional cycle for Atheist are being mad, a bullet in their heads or being total idiots.

Pondans like you don't know what is sane and what is mad.

Use magic Report

ALFLOSS This user has been deleted
Post time 23-8-2006 01:04 PM | Show all posts
yo sephiroth, what religion do you subscribe to then??

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2006 07:44 AM | Show all posts
by ALFLOSS   

yo sephiroth, what religion do you subscribe to then??   

Understand relationship between religion and God before asking others such question.

God exist but He doesn't follow any religion or can be approached by one set of religion alone. :no:

Religion is REQUIRED to provide a set of rules and regulation for the society in general - something men in all levels could follow to create a society which has identity, culture and heritage. In individual basis, it provides oppurtunity for the person to evolve forward - to be better than he was before. That is the purpose of religion.

However, when a religion cannot control its followers or its followers do not have the self-discipline required, then that religion have lost it's purpose and therefore, should be discarded. Society which fails to correct itself or its belief IS DOOMED.

Therefore, following any specific religion is NOT important to follow God. :no:

Use magic Report

Post time 30-8-2006 09:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 21-8-2006 09:00 AM
.....and put a gun to your head and POP! goes the weasel.

It is interesting that you keep associating suicide with atheism.Why? Can you show that *only* atheists commit suicide - or do you just like the dramatics that sentence of yours invokes?

My purpose is for my afterlife.

So then why waste your time here on earth when the real payoff is the afterlife?

If you are so sure you are going to go to a better place,why do you pray to be spared for a long life and not pray to die as early as possible?

And how do you know there is an afterlife? Wishful thinking,or rationalizing away fear of the unknown?

Now,consider Ming vase.They are around a thousand years old and there are only six vases in the world.They're are almost priceless and very well secured and cared for.Contrast that to RM7 vase.They are churned out in the thousands and are poorly made.Are they cared for,secured and cherished as much? Hardly.

Atheists such as me understand that life is a one shot deal.When death comes,that's it.Game over.And so our life is that of a Ming vase and thus we put more value on life.On the other hand,concerning theist delusion of the 'next' or afterlife;your life is like that of a cheap RM7 vase.  

Many atheists I know are completely comfortable with the idea of death.It is a natural thing and we have psychologically dealt with it.Only theists like you maintain cowardice and immaturity because you are unable to deal with the idea of death and therefore have to invent fantasies like afterlife to cope with the realities of life.This makes you weak,paranoid,insecure and foolish in your desperation to rail against an ultimately futile life terminating in death.

But one thing I am certain of,it's that I am living here and now.I see no reason to prepare for any kind of afterlife,when I have a lot of good and positive work to do in this life.If you choose to follow a God that demands a certain set of rules you'd better be damned certain that you're right because you've only got one chance at this.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 31-8-2006 12:19 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-8-2006 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Then VIXEN can you explain the existance of ghosts/spirits? Or u dont believe they exist.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-8-2006 12:19 AM | Show all posts
Then VIXEN can you explain the existance of ghosts/spirits? Or u dont believe they exist.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-9-2006 09:53 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 31-8-2006 12:19 AM

I think you mentioned about the issue of immortality (soul/afterlife) in one of your posts in the other thread,I can see this is an issue relating to that.

Explain the existence of ghosts/spirits? Now that's a difficult question for me because I can't even agree that there is a such thing as a ghost,let alone what one might be comprised of,or of what it might signify.

But I've watched shows researching on ghosts or haunted houses using equipments to monitor activity in these homes with startling results.But I still remain skeptical about their findings.When I was younger I vaguely remember watching the movie Poltergeist and wondered if such things were a reality.

What do you think it is? Do you think that a ghost is itself a supreme being or God,or some kind of manifestation of a supreme being or God,or an entirely different phenomenon that has no relation to the question of God whatsoever?

Maybe ghosts are some kind of memory of a person recorded on to the environment or just some anomalous energy occurences (just to give it a pseudo-scientific babble slant).If so,then there is no accompanying concept of spirituality or immortality to it.

But,even if ghost is a form of immortality,it still doesn't contradict a strict definition of atheism,as I understand it.Atheism is simply the lack of belief in God.Immortality is an entirely different issue.So I think that there is no particular problem with an atheist believing in ghost or spirit that goes on after death.Possessing a spirit that survives death may be just a by-product of being human and have nothing at all to do with whether God exists or not.

So you might come across certain quirky atheists who believe in a "naturalized" spiritual world that lacks a supreme being or God.Personally,this seems to me to be an intellectually dishonest,if not,a hypocritical position to take.Just doesn't make any sense to me as there is no more scientific or logical basis for believing a spirit world than there is for believing in God.So how is one easier to accept intellectually than the other?

[ Last edited by  vixen at 3-9-2006 03:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

30-4-2024 09:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075879 second(s), 31 queries .