CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: maffa

‖► XBOX 360+KINECT

[Copy link]
Post time 13-9-2006 01:16 PM | Show all posts
Well you can't really blame me for making that assumption as I have been receiving certain amount of flak and animosity here in this thread...

Unlike what you think,launching and offering a product like a console is not that simple or easy.

In Sony's case,offering local support and selling Playstation consoles is relatively easy as they already have retail shops and it is only a matter of filling up empty shelves,so to speak.

For Microsoft,they have to establish whole network of local distributors,tech support channels,et cetera.And there are logistical issues to sort out.They have to also consider the current broadband environment here;which has a low penetration rate.

All these and further compounded by such rampant games piracy,Malaysian market may not be viable for Microsoft.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 13-9-2006 03:21 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-9-2006 08:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 13-9-2006 01:16 PM
Well you can't really blame me for making that assumption as I have been receiving certain amount of flak and animosity here in this thread...

Not my fault.

Unlike what you think,launching and offering a product like a console is not that simple or easy.

In Sony's case,offering local support and selling Playstation consoles is relatively easy as they already have retail shops and it is only a matter of filling up empty shelves,so to speak.

For Microsoft,they have to establish whole network of local distributors,tech support channels,et cetera.And there are logistical issues to sort out.They have to also consider the current broadband environment here;which has a low penetration rate.

So they might have lots of issue to sort out but doesn't mean its impossible. Heck, they even officially support India & South Africa!

All these and further compounded by such rampant games piracy,Malaysian market may not be viable for Microsoft.

Didn't stop Sony despite being the most pirated console in Malaysia.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-9-2006 09:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by movieman at 13-9-2006 08:44 PM
Not my fault.

Never said that it was.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 14-9-2006 10:47 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-9-2006 11:01 PM | Show all posts
ni pe cite ni.. nyesal plak aku bukak board ni.. cari info kat low yat la, kat sini kecoh.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 03:25 PM | Show all posts
Batch Xbox360 skrg prone to heating tak? Coz I hate kalau beli nanti tetiba overheat la, tu la ni la. Why the overheating problem I wonder?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 08:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zacks at 14-9-2006 03:25 PM
Batch Xbox360 skrg prone to heating tak? Coz I hate kalau beli nanti tetiba overheat la, tu la ni la. Why the overheating problem I wonder?

Even PS2 had overheat issue. I suggest you wait until the 65nm version of X360 comes out.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-9-2006 08:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by asalboleh at 13-9-2006 11:01 PM
ni pe cite ni.. nyesal plak aku bukak board ni.. cari info kat low yat la, kat sini kecoh.

The moderator in lowyat.net lock thread if you even talk about modded consoles. Go figure.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2006 12:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by zacks at 14-9-2006 03:25 PM

Why the overheating problem I wonder?

The way it appears to me,the main cause of every case of heating problem is user error and not because of design-defect as widely presumed.

User error being;playing the system for too long and not having proper ventilation for both the console and the power supply.

The power supply itself has two fans in it to move the air.I have seen some schmucks taking the power supply and stuffing it behind an entertainment cabinet or in some other place where it can't breathe or otherwise blocking the airflow around it.If the airflow is blocked then the power supply over-heats.

Being a tri-core processor and multi-thread console,the xbox360 generates copious amount of heat.But yet some retards cramp their 360 in an enclosed entertainment cabinet or putting it above or near another hot device (i.e HT receiver).

I have a launch Japanese Xbox 360 and I place both the console and its power supply unit on a dedicated AV shelf with enough space around it for ventilation.It has NEVER over-heated.Not once.

Common sense prevails.

The only problem that I have ever had with my xbox360 is sudden freezing with PGR3  in the online game lobby or while I checked gamer profile of other players,but this is not due to overheating,but a software bug and I think it has become somewhat acceptable that software errors will occur from time to time.Besides,the xbox360 isn't your traditional console  -  it has an OS running on a seperate thread to the main game.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 15-9-2006 09:42 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-9-2006 12:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by movieman at 12-9-2006 10:55 AM
Actually if MS decides to release X360 for Malaysia, I would not mind buying the original games.

It is really sad that I might have to resort to pirated games because there is no official X360  ...

Bcoz we always say,"Malaysia is next to Singapore.."  as if ppl do not know where's malaysia..  hahaha..

and ppl assume malaysia is full of jungle, where ppl live on wooden long houses...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 12:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sas_world at 19-9-2006 12:05 PM

Bcoz we always say,"Malaysia is next to Singapore.."  as if ppl do not know where's malaysia..  hahaha..

In Sarawak, you can never get a X360 as far as I know.

I should slap someone for suggesting to go to Singapore. Wake up la, as if someone from Sabah/Sarawak can easily go to Singapore.

Funny thing is them pirated game vendors already starting to sell pirated X360 games in Sarawak.  Go figure! :nerd:

[ Last edited by  movieman at 19-9-2006 12:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-9-2006 09:14 AM | Show all posts
Woit!!!
sapa kata kat sarawak tak de 360.....::geram::geram:  cuma mahal sket laaa!!!!:pmuka:

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2006 01:12 PM | Show all posts
there was live update today when i connected to xbox live..dunno what's it for..for those who online with pirated games..just beware..hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2006 06:55 PM | Show all posts
OK I made a mistake about X360 not in Sarawak.

I just saw 3 X360 for sale at RM1,888.

Its definately been modded to play pirated game and I believe the console is the Asian/Singapore version.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 07:24 AM | Show all posts

Its not all about making their fat ass even richer..

u can download ur own files from torrent
just need to burn em.. 10 mins walla u have urself
a new release, and not making their fat ass
even fatter and by the same time aint supporting
cheap ass pirates.. be pirates of ur own..
of course it will take time.. but worth it..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 06:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nuckletight at 4-10-2006 07:24 AM
u can download ur own files from torrent
just need to burn em.. 10 mins walla u have urself
a new release, and not making their fat ass
even fatter and by the same time aint supporting
cheap  ...

Nah..i still won't do that.I prefer my money going to the game developers..and to keep the industry alive..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 09:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 4-10-2006 06:31 PM

Nah..i still won't do that.I prefer my money going to the game developers..and to keep the industry alive..

yeah.. iam also willing to do that.. if there any shops here selling those release
on time and sellin it on reliable/affordable price.. i still using my Xbox which my cousin brought
in melbourne.. with no mods.. so no pirates.. aye.. just saying to em' which
think we are supporting those pirates crap and makin them even richer than
the developer.. ;)

[ Last edited by  nuckletight at 4-10-2006 09:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-10-2006 12:36 AM | Show all posts
Anyone know the current price of 360 locally and where can i get it? Also how much does an ori game costs? thnx

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2006 07:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 4-10-2006 06:31 PM

hehe... you are one good heart gamers..:tq: not many of people here in our loving country give a damn to the developer..

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2006 11:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sixfullbar at 5-10-2006 07:39 AM

hehe... you are one good heart gamers..:tq: not many of people here in our loving country give a damn to the developer..

hehe thanks 6fullbar :tq:...but just doing my small part..I hope more Malaysian gamers will change their mindset and support originals...you know that day I paid rm280 just for one xbox360 game Chromehounds..I dont mind the price coz its SEGA..

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2006 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by vixen at 5-10-2006 11:54 AM

hehe thanks 6fullbar :tq:...but just doing my small part..I hope more Malaysian gamers will change their mindset and support originals...you know that day I paid rm280 just for one xbox360 game C ...

:hmm: dreaming ...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 12:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.489183 second(s), 42 queries .