Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: SilentKiller

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) THE PROPHET OF ISLAM

[Copy link]
SilentKiller This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 22-8-2006 03:04 PM | Show all posts
perhaps you don't understand the concept of sarcasm

I dont see any sarcasm in your reply. U just admit its a prophecy, dont you ?

i told the New Living Translation is written there Israelite. Even if there's no word Israelite there, i certainly don't see the word Arabs or Muhammad there as well. and where's my answer to the question? can't dig it out?

Why your new living translation translate "brethren" to Israelite ? Certainly brethren doesnt meant Israelite. I have already explained the meaning brethren regarding the verse in my previous reply, u just dig it up if u already forgot.

hey i gave you FOUR major differences :D let's see who can bring out more differences.
did moses went to war?
does moses have more than 1 wife?
did moses get a 6 year old as his wife?
did muhammad performed any miracles like moses?

Its not a major difference for me.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 22-8-2006 03:51 PM | Show all posts
I dont see any sarcasm in your reply. U just admit its a prophecy, dont you ?

wow u certainly do not know what's sarcasm then. :hmm:

Why your new living translation translate "brethren" to Israelite ? Certainly brethren doesnt meant Israelite. I have already explained the meaning brethren regarding the verse in my previous reply, u just dig it up if u already forgot.

brethren doesn't mean Israelite but refers to the Israelite. and brethren in Oxford dictionary means fellow christian or male member of a religious group. Even if it's not israelite i don't see any Arabs or Muhammad there. and i'm still waiting for your the written agreement that 'brethren' there must be the Arabs.

Its not a major difference for me.

awwww c'mon denying already? don't give up so easily. c'mon let's see who can bring out more major differences. :cak:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-8-2006 04:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by weedkiller at 22-8-2006 03:51 PM

wow u certainly do not know what's sarcasm then. :hmm:

brethren doesn't mean Israelite but refers to the Israelite. and brethren in Oxford dictionary means fellow christian or male member of ...

Here u admit brethren doesnt mean Israelite but refers to the Israelite. Im saying brethren in that verse doesnt mean Israelite but Arab. I have already told you the connection. If brethren doesnt mean Israelti, why your living translation translate it as Israelite ?

I didnt deny anything, but the differences you show to me is not a major. I have already highlight major differences between Jesus and Moses. U havent tell me which person that prophecy refers to according to you ?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-8-2006 04:43 PM | Show all posts
Here u admit brethren doesnt mean Israelite but refers to the Israelite. Im saying brethren in that verse doesnt mean Israelite but Arab. I have already told you the connection. If brethren doesnt mean Israelti, why your living translation translate it as Israelite ?
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. Deuteronomy 18:18
It refers to the Israelite. while the meaning of brethren in oxford dictionary means, fellow christian and or male member of a religious group. understand? your answer to the word brethren is that Ishmael bla bla bla Abraham so they must be the 'brethren' in that word. where is the written proof to that? is that a written proof or the author's assumption only? and let's read what sparrow said about brethren as well.
Secondly, i'd like to refute the portion of your post in green above. Read the verse again. The verse did NOT say that the coming prophet must not arise from the children of Israel themselves, It ONLY says that he will be raised from among their brethren. Clearly, the Israelites ARE brethren among themselves too.

and of course i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'. ;)

[/quote]I didnt deny anything, but the differences you show to me is not a major. I have already highlight major differences between Jesus and Moses. [/quote]
so what defines major to you. hey muhammad went to war right, that's quite major right? in fact he conquered and spread his religion. hey he married more than 6 wives, that's quote major right? hey he had a 6 year old as a wife right? hey he did not perform any miracles like moses right? well i guess if it's not major the scholars won't be baffling their minds about it for like centuries and the people making it into a laughing stock because he had a 6 year old as a wife. :cak:

U havent tell me which person that prophecy refers to according to you ?

urghh you definitely don't understand simple english. EVEN IF it's a prophecy, we won't know unless that specific someone fulfills the prophecy. in deuteronomy's case it says that the prophet will speak on behalf of God. and most of the prophet in the Bible did speak on behalf of God. so it could mean any prophet that existed in the Bible.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-8-2006 04:44 PM | Show all posts

I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. Deuteronomy 18:18
It refers to the Israelite. while the meaning of brethren in oxford dictionary means, fellow christian and or male member of a religious group. understand? your answer to the word brethren is that Ishmael bla bla bla Abraham so they must be the 'brethren' in that word. where is the written proof to that? is that a written proof or the author's assumption only? and let's read what sparrow said about brethren as well.
Secondly, i'd like to refute the portion of your post in green above. Read the verse again. The verse did NOT say that the coming prophet must not arise from the children of Israel themselves, It ONLY says that he will be raised from among their brethren. Clearly, the Israelites ARE brethren among themselves too.

and of course i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'. ;)

I didnt deny anything, but the differences you show to me is not a major. I have already highlight major differences between Jesus and Moses.

so what defines major to you. hey muhammad went to war right, that's quite major right? in fact he conquered and spread his religion. hey he married more than 6 wives, that's quote major right? hey he had a 6 year old as a wife right? hey he did not perform any miracles like moses right? well i guess if it's not major the scholars won't be baffling their minds about it for like centuries and the people making it into a laughing stock because he had a 6 year old as a wife. :cak:

urghh you definitely don't understand simple english. EVEN IF it's a prophecy, we won't know unless that specific someone fulfills the prophecy. in deuteronomy's case it says that the prophet will speak on behalf of God. and most of the prophet in the Bible did speak on behalf of God. so it could mean any prophet that existed in the Bible.Here u admit brethren doesnt mean Israelite but refers to the Israelite. Im saying brethren in that verse doesnt mean Israelite but Arab. I have already told you the connection. If brethren doesnt mean Israelti, why your living translation translate it as Israelite ?

I didnt deny anything, but the differences you show to me is not a major. I have already highlight major differences between Jesus and Moses.

urghh you definitely don't understand simple english. EVEN IF it's a prophecy, we won't know unless that specific someone fulfills the prophecy. in deuteronomy's case it says that the prophet will speak on behalf of God. and most of the prophet in the Bible did speak on behalf of God. so it could mean any prophet that existed in the Bible.

[ Last edited by  weedkiller at 22-8-2006 04:47 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-8-2006 05:00 PM | Show all posts
Deuteronomy 18:18.  "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
                                    like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my words in his mouth;
                                    and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

I dont see any word Israelite in the verse. U answer me first why the word "brethren" translated to "Israelite" in ur version? Is that mean brethren means Israelite? Can show me any written proof to me ?

[ Last edited by  SilentKiller at 22-8-2006 05:09 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-8-2006 05:34 PM | Show all posts
I dont see any word Israelite in the verse. U answer me first why the word "brethren" translated to "Israelite" in ur version? Is that mean brethren means Israelite? Can show me any written proof to me ?

can's u read? i've already given u screenshot of the word Israelite in the new Living Translation bible. And the Oxford dictionary states that the word 'brethren' there means fellow Christian or male member of a religious group. and again i would like to stress, EVEN IF the word Israelite is not there, I clearly don't see the word Arabs or Muhammad's name there as well. and of course i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'. ;)

and read mr. sparrow's reply as well.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-8-2006 05:52 PM | Show all posts
can's u read? i've already given u screenshot of the word Israelite in the new Living Translation bible. And the Oxford dictionary states that the word 'brethren' there means fellow Christian or male member of a religious group. and again i would like to stress, EVEN IF the word Israelite is not there, I clearly don't see the word Arabs or Muhammad's name there as well. and of course i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'.

I think u r the one who dont understand here. How come u translate "brethren" into Israelite ? If the Oxford dictionary
states that the word 'brethren' there means fellow Christian or male member of a religious group, does it mean to be Israelties ? I have clearly explained to you the word brethren and its connections with arabs.

'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-8-2006 06:27 PM | Show all posts
I think u r the one who dont understand here. How come u translate "brethren" into Israelite?

for your information, the New Living Translation is a translation of the Bible into an easily readable form of modern English. so if you don't understand King James version or old english, don't pretend you know it and churn out crap from it. use the NLT and save yourself the hassle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_living_translation

If the Oxford dictionary states that the word 'brethren' there means fellow Christian or male member of a religious group, does it mean to be Israelties?

yeap no mention of Israelite. anyone can be a Christian provided if they believe that Jesus offers salvation to his followers. the israelites believe in Jesus, does Arab believe in Jesus as a God and that he can provide salvation? i don't think so... :cak:

'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

yes ah? i did not see any must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel or from 'among themselves' but from among their brethren IN the verse of Deuteronomy 18:18. is that another assumption or written fact? and lastly i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'. ;)

thank you and have a nice day

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-8-2006 07:03 PM | Show all posts
for your information, the New Living Translation is a translation of the Bible into an easily readable form of modern English. so if you don't understand King James version or old english, don't pretend you know it and churn out crap from it. use the NLT and save yourself the hassle.

Even if its easily readable translation, i cant see any logic in translating "brethren" into "israelite". Its two different meaning. Dont say its the same, dont you ?

:hmm::hmm:

yeap no mention of Israelite. anyone can be a Christian provided if they believe that Jesus offers salvation to his followers. the israelites believe in Jesus, does Arab believe in Jesus as a God and that he can provide salvation? i don't think so...

If its not mentioned Israelites, how come it was translated into Israelites? Can explain further ? U say anyone can be Christian, but that doesnt mean only Israelites is Christians ??

yes ah? i did not see any must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel or from 'among themselves' but from among their brethren IN the verse of Deuteronomy 18:18. is that another assumption or written fact? and lastly i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren'.

You clearly have problem in reading prophecy, in first place u say u did not see any prophecy in that verse, now u are asking like a kid written agreement. Thats why i asked u is JESUS name mentioned explicitly on his coming in OT. You havent answered that. U see prophecy wont give u something exactly, only hints.

Have a nice day too

[ Last edited by  SilentKiller at 22-8-2006 07:04 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-8-2006 07:29 PM | Show all posts
Even if its easily readable translation, i cant see any logic in translating "brethren" into "israelite". Its two different meaning. Dont say its the same, dont you ?

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites, and you must listen to that prophet. Deuteronomy 18:18
and yeah the bible doesn't revolve around the Arabs.

If its not mentioned Israelites, how come it was translated into Israelites? Can explain further ? U say anyone can be Christian, but that doesnt mean only Israelites is Christians ??

did oxford translate the brethren into Israelite? or did u see it wrongly. it only says fellow Christian. Christian means that people who believe in Jesus Christ in order to attain salvation. Does Arab believe so?

You clearly have problem in reading prophecy, in first place u say u did not see any prophecy in that verse, now u are asking like a kid written agreement.

well since YOU say it's a prophecy, i'm just asking for a proof, in form of written or verbal agreement. is that wrong? :nerd:
Thats why i asked u is JESUS name mentioned explicitly on his coming in OT. You havent answered that. U see prophecy wont give u something exactly, only hints.

hahaha is that so?
Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you [c] a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and [d] will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:13-1414 (Old Testament)

wow that's a big obvious 'hint' there. his name and how he will be born is stated there. weeeeeee and his prophecy was fulfilled in the new testament.

but i don't see any Muhammad's or how he will come in the Bible or any arab connections in the Bible as well :cak:

anymore crap you want to churn out? i still want my answer to the question. is there any written agreement that Arabs must definitely be the 'brethren' ;)

[ Last edited by  weedkiller at 22-8-2006 07:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-8-2006 09:28 PM | Show all posts
Arabs were grasping at straws to make Muhammad SEEMINGLY JOIN the lineage of prophets, where evidently there is no such connection.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-8-2006 10:56 AM | Show all posts
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites, and you must listen to that prophet. Deuteronomy 18:18
and yeah the bible doesn't revolve around the Arabs.

Deuteronomy 18:18.  "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
                                    like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my words in his mouth;
                                    and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Well, in what i read i dont see any word Israelite in it. Its just Brethren. How could "brethren" translated into "Israelite"?
Is "brethren" means "Israelite"?

well since YOU say it's a prophecy, i'm just asking for a proof, in form of written or verbal agreement. is that wrong?

Not only im saying its a prophecy, sparrow also admit its a prophecy, maybe for u its not a prophecy, so i cant help u. I have already given u enough proof. Read again.

Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you [c] a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and [d] will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:13-1414 (Old Testament)

I think you dont understand me, I asked u is there the word J E S U S in that verse? I didnt deny the verse point to jesus, but it didnt explicitly mention his name. Thats what we call prophecy, sometimes obvious, sometimes not so. Its up to you decide. Deut 18:18 is a prophecy, if u admit then state me which prophet it point to according to you. If you say its not a prophecy then cut the crap n keep quiet.

Have a wonderful day

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-8-2006 10:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 22-8-2006 09:28 PM
Arabs were grasping at straws to make Muhammad SEEMINGLY JOIN the lineage of prophets, where evidently there is no such connection.

What evident u gonna give? Im waiting
:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 02:44 PM | Show all posts
i was revising Deuteronomy 18 last night and I loaned an indonesian bible from a friend since you don't understand english and here's what I found.

Dari bangsa mereka sendiri Aku akan mengutus kepada mereka seorang nabi seperti engkau. Aku akan mengatakan kepadanya apa yang harus dikatakannya, lalu ia akan menyampaikan kepada bangsa itu segala yang Kuperintahkan.  Ia akan berbicara atas nama-Ku, dan Aku akan [bmenghukum siapa saja yang tidak mau mendengarkan dia. Ulangan 18:18-19

i hope you understand the meaning of dari bangsa mereka sendiri. but that's not the end. at the bottom of the page, there's a footnote which refers to Acts 3. and here's what it says in Acts 3, again from the Indonesian bible.
Musa pernah berkata, 'Allah Tuhanmu akan mengutus kepadamu seorang nabi dari bangsamu sendiri, seperti Ia mengutus aku. Kamu harus mendengar semua yang dikatakan oleh nabi itu kepadamu. Orang yang tidak memperhatikan apa yang dikatakan oleh nabi itu, orang itu akan disingkirkan dari umat Allah dan dibinasakan. Kisah-Kisah Rasul 3:22-23

The words there are said by the apostle Peter and it's just like what Moses had said at Mount Horeb at Deuteronomy 18.
Ketika Petrus melihat orang-orang itu, ia berkata kepada mereka, "Hai orang-orang Israel, mengapa Saudara-saudara heran akan hal ini? Mengapa kalian melihat terus pada kami? Apa kalian kira orang ini dapat berjalan karena ada kuasa pada kami atau karena kami taat kepada Allah? Kisah-Kisah Rasul 3:12

and who was the 'prophet' that Peter was talking about?
Tuhan akan datang kepadamu dan kalian akan mengalami kesegaran rohani. Dan Tuhan akan menyuruh Yesus datang kepadamu, karena Ia sudah ditentukan oleh Allah menjadi Raja Penyelamat untukmu. Ia harus tinggal di surga sampai Allah menjadikan semuanya baru seperti yang dikatakan oleh Allah melalui nabi-nabi-Nya pada zaman dahulu.Kisah-Kisah Rasul 3:20-21

So i assume it's a prophecy and i assume it's talking about Jesus.

but since you 'know' the King James Version too damn well. Let's quote from it too.
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. Deuteronomy 18:18

and again in Acts 3
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. Acts 3:22

And since you don't really know old english that well, let me quote from the New Living Translation.
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will tell that prophet what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command him.

and again in Acts 3
Moses said, `The Lord your God will raise up a Prophet like me from among your own people. Listen carefully to everything he tells you.

[ Last edited by  weedkiller at 23-8-2006 02:47 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-8-2006 05:20 PM | Show all posts
In the Book of Deuteronomy, Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) was quoted as saying:

揂nd the Lord said unto me, they have well spoken that which they have spoken, I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-8-2006 05:39 PM | Show all posts
Hemm..then I would like to say that Acts 3 and Deutronomy 18 are contradict each other.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 05:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 23-8-2006 05:20 PM
In the Book of Deuteronomy, Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) was quoted as saying:

揂nd the Lord said unto me, they have well spoken that which they have spoken, I will raise them up a Prophet ...

Read from verse 15 onwards.

Deut 18:15-18
15The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Moses was speaking to the Israelites.. and he said that the God will raise the Prophet from the midst of them, ie, from the midst the Israelites.

[ Last edited by  sparrow at 23-8-2006 05:48 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 05:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 23-8-2006 05:47 PM

Read from verse 15 onwards.

Deut 18:15-18
15The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16Accordin ...

And then read the 17th onwards...where God spoke to Moses...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2006 06:06 PM | Show all posts
Yeah.. read the whole thing continuously.The whole chapter is a continuous passage. Verse 17&18 is a continuation from the earlier verses.  Read the whole chapter continuously, and you will find that the Prophet which is raised from the "brethren".. is actually from the Israelites' midst...

[ Last edited by  sparrow at 23-8-2006 06:08 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

17-5-2024 11:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.152155 second(s), 42 queries .