ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hetrek

American Football (NFL)

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:06 PM | Show all posts
Week 8 snapshots     

By Vic Carucci
National Editor, NFL.com

(Oct. 29, 2006) -- It is getting repetitive, but so what? This is NFL quarterbacking at its best. It's like watching a great artist at work -- again ... and again ... and again. Peyton Manning's latest masterpiece carried the Indianapolis Colts to a 34-31 victory over the Denver Broncos.

Adam Vinatieri's 37-yard field goal with two seconds left settled the outcome and kept the Colts unbeaten. Vinatieri's heroics are nothing new, either, except that this year he is performing them in a Colts uniform rather than in the Patriots' colors.

But the biggest difference-maker was Manning. Again. Manning led the Colts on their game-winning eight-play 62-yard drive. With excellent protection, Manning consistently had time to survey the field and make pinpoint throw after pinpoint throw.

He finished with 345 yards and three touchdowns to Reggie Wayne, who had 10 receptions and almost always operated on an open patch of green against a defense boasting strong outside coverage. And when Manning didn't have anyone open on the perimeter, he found tight end Dallas Clark open in the middle. Rookie Joseph Addai had a strong enough rushing day to keep the Broncos' defense off-balance.

Although Denver didn't get the sort of defensive gem it needed to beat the explosive Colts, it did get the kind of offensive production that seemed out of its reach through most of the Broncos' first six games. The Broncos had no problem running through Indianapolis' defense (what else is new?). Jake Plummer was solid, throwing for 174 yards and a score. He did have a fumble that set up a Colts touchdown, but he played well enough to quiet fan/media talk that rookie Jay Cutler should take his place.

The victory should go a long way toward validating the Colts' place near or at the top of the league. The Broncos remain a serious contender as well.

sipi je menang.....
nasib baik masuk last fieldgoal...kalo tidakk..kalah la colt....

[ Last edited by  hetrek at 30-10-2006 08:19 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:07 PM | Show all posts
The Packers should feel that their season is taking a turn for the better. There is no ignoring that the Cardinals have been in a steady downward spiral. Still, the Packers, who have had many issues of their own, have every right to latch onto whatever sense of optimism comes from getting their third victory of the season. Regardless of the opponent, the Packers always have to be pleased with any game in which they have two 100-yard rushers (Ahman Green with 106 and Vernand Morency with 101). Brett Favre also has to be pleased with any game when he is throwing for one touchdown and running for another. The Cardinals? They might end up replacing their coach, Dennis Green, before their Week 9 bye. Stay tuned.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:09 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:17 PM | Show all posts
dalam video colt tu ade cakap "..and now tied the Green Bay Packers of the late 1920's for back to back 7 to O starts...."

adakah colt dapat mempertahankan rekod tanpa kalahnye?

Use magic Report

Post time 31-10-2006 04:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 30-10-2006 08:17 PM
dalam video colt tu ade cakap "..and now tied the Green Bay Packers of the late 1920's for back to back 7 to O starts...."

adakah colt dapat mempertahankan rekod tanpa kalahnye?

well, it's possible for the Colts to go undefeated this season, but not easy. waiting them next in foxboro are the patriots. then, they have to face the boys in austin. two excellent defense. my guess, if not both, they will drop one of them. in broncos' game, denver should have blitz manning more often. they should have sent more people to colts backfield. you have to rattle peyton or otherwise he will pick your defense apart, no matter how good you are. that's what happen to denver. their defense just sit back most of the time.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-10-2006 07:24 AM | Show all posts

Reply #345 oobi's post

thanks for the opinion oobi...

2 hours from now...
patriots vs viking......

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-10-2006 09:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 31-10-2006 07:24 AM

2 hours from now...
patriots vs viking......

& after a year lawrence marooney is coming back to play at the Metrodome, but not for Gophers ..

Use magic Report

Post time 31-10-2006 03:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 31-10-2006 07:24 AM

2 hours from now...
patriots vs viking......

hetrek, as predicted patriots pound vikings.

Final score:  New England 31, Minnesota 7

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 31-10-2006 05:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #348 oobi's post

yess..
brad johnson made an uncharacteristic mistakes...

the up coming match, patriots vs colt..
cant be missed...
both team and QB shows a powerful play..
it would be a tight match..

Use magic Report

Post time 1-11-2006 02:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 31-10-2006 05:53 PM
yess..
brad johnson made an uncharacteristic mistakes...

the up coming match, patriots vs colt..
cant be missed...
both team and QB shows a powerful play..
it would be a tight match..

the pats really dominated the vikes last night. there's not much the vikes could do.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-11-2006 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Colts-Patriots meeting has future considerations     

By Cris Collinsworth
Special to NFL.com

(Nov. 2, 2006) -- In the standings, Sunday night's game between the Colts (7-0) and Patriots (6-1) is not particularly important. No matter which team wins the game, the Colts will still win the AFC South and the Patriots will win the AFC East.

The Colts are in the midst of their second annual run at the '72 Dolphins and are three games up on the Jaguars. The Patriots have rebounded from their only loss of the year at Denver to win their last four games by a combined score of 127-36. This game will have no impact at all on who makes it to the playoffs, but it may be the most important regular-season game of the year in determining who represents the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning is second in the NFL with 1,965 yards, 15 TDs and is first in rating.

The Colts and Patriots have met in the playoffs twice in the last three years. Both games were in Foxborough and both games were easy wins for the Patriots. In 2003, the Patriots picked off Peyton Manning four times, half his career postseason total, in a 24-14 win. A year later, Manning was coming off an NFL-record 49 touchdown passes when the Patriots completely shut down the Colts' offense in a 20-3 victory. Foxborough in January is not the best place for a team that plays at least half its games in a dome, and this week's game could decide home-field advantage should there be a playoff rematch.

The Patriots-Colts rivalry, though lopsided, may be the best rivalry in football right now. What makes this a great rivalry is quarterback comparison. Like so many teams in the NFL, the Colts and Patriots seem to take on the personalities of their quarterbacks. Manning and the Colts are technicians. They attack defenses with cold, calculated precision. That's during the regular season. When the weather turns cold and the games become more important, they have a tendency to get easily rattled and lose focus. Tom Brady and the Patriots, on the other hand, play their best in the postseason. The team doesn't always have the best talent in the league, but it seems to always come up with the big game when it needs it most.

To make things more interesting, if that's possible, each quarterback is coming off his best game of the year. Manning picked apart a Broncos defense that had been incredible all year. The Broncos had only given up 44 points combined in their first six games, and the Colts scored 34 in that one contest alone; the Broncos had only given up two touchdowns all year. Manning hit Reggie Wayne for three touchdowns in the second half as he was nearly perfect, hitting 32 of 39 passes for 345 yards with those three touchdowns and no interceptions.

Seven different receivers have at least 100 yards thanks to Tom Brady, and eight have scored.

Brady lit up the Vikings for 372 yards. Instead of trying to run the ball against the NFL's No. 1 run defense, he spread out the field and hit anyone who was open. Ten different receivers caught at least one pass, and his four touchdowns went to four different receivers. The Vikings came into the game looking like they had one of the best defenses in the NFL and hadn't given up more than 19 points a contest before Brady and the Patriots scored 31 against them. The win brought the Patriots' record to 6-1, which, coincidentally, is Brady's career record against Manning.

Brady may have a 6-1 record against Manning, but Manning took home victory in the last meeting. Manning and the Colts went into Foxborough last December and thoroughly dominated the Patriots 41-20. The Pats' banged-up secondary allowed Wayne and Marvin Harrison to catch nine passes each and both went over 120 yards. The Colts scored touchdowns on four of their first five possessions. Whatever magic Bill Belichick had over the Colts was a distant memory as his defense forced only one turnover, which his offense promptly fumbled back, and didn't force the Colts to punt until their final possession with just over four minutes left in the game.

The Patriots have proven many times that they can beat the Colts. Last November, the Colts finally proved they can beat the Patriots. This game could decide whether their next meeting is in the great outdoors of Gillette Stadium or the climate-controlled comfort of the RCA Dome. Both teams, both quarterbacks and both coaches know that a loss this week won't keep them out of the playoffs, but it may keep them out of Miami.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-11-2006 07:18 PM | Show all posts
Analyze This: Brady or Manning?     

(Nov. 2, 2006) -- It's a simple question, but there is no easy answer. If you had to choose a starting quarterback for your team, would it be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

Manning has the record-shattering numbers and Most Valuable Player awards from the last two seasons. Brady has the championships and a 6-1 head-to-head record against Manning.

The two premier passers resume their rivalry when the Patriots host the Colts on national television Sunday night, but before they do, our experts made their choices: Brady or Manning?

VIC CARUCCI  

"We're talking about the Nos. 1 and 1A quarterbacks in the league, so you can't make a bad choice. After much contemplation, I am going with Tom Brady. And I am basing the decision strictly on what I see of both quarterbacks today rather than factoring in career accomplishments such as Brady's three Super Bowl victories and two Super Bowl MVPs, or Manning's gaudy career statistics. Although Manning has my current vote for league MVP, what I see that gives Brady the slightest edge is that he has done an amazing job of adapting to a revamped receiving corps after losing Deion Branch and David Givens. The season has barely reached the halfway point, and Brady already has developed a strong rapport with newcomers Doug Gabriel and Chad Jackson. Otherwise, the list of Brady's superlatives is virtually identical to those of Manning: Pre-snap reads, recognition of coverages/field vision, instincts, pocket awareness, progression reads, ability to slide to buy time, throwing mechanics, arm strength, and last, but not least, leadership. I would be ecstatic to have either one as my starter."

ADAM SCHEFTER  

"Trying to decide between Brady and Manning is trying to pick between Russell and Chamberlain, or Williams or DiMaggio. Man ... Manning is incredible, maybe the MVP of this season. But Brady never has played on a losing team in the NFL. I'll take Brady, hesitantly, but I will say this: I like Peyton's TV commercials a whole lot more."

PAT KIRWAN  

"This is an easy question because you can't go wrong no matter which guy you select. Peyton Manning had another great game on Sunday against the Broncos with his patient and efficient passing attack. He continues to impress as a leader and competitor. But if I had to take one of these quarterbacks, I'd take Tom Brady. For one, he has three Super Bowl rings. He's also younger and his ability to adapt to changing personnel at the receiver position is the difference in my selection. Brady also makes less money, which doesn't hurt when choosing."

GIL BRANDT  

"I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If you were to draw up a blueprint for what you want in a quarterback, both have all the necessities: leadership, dedication, decision-making, physical ability. Seeing that I have to pick just one though, it would have to be Brady because of his Super Bowl wins and because he has been able to have success despite more roster changes than Manning."

BOOMER ESIASON  

"Can you even answer that question? That's like asking Marino or Montana? For the Super Bowl, I'll take Brady, and for the game in the middle of the season, I'll take Manning. Both of these players possess every aspect of personality and physical ability that you want in a quarterback: leadership, poise, arm strength, intelligence, media savvy. At the end of the day, you'd be lucky to have either one on your team."

CRIS COLLINSWORTH  

"Peyton Manning has the stats. No one can compare to Manning when it comes to putting up pure numbers week after week. Manning has six 4,000-yard seasons, Brady has one. Manning threw an NFL-record 49 touchdown passes in 2004, Brady's career high is 28. Manning has a 100-plus passer rating each of the last three years, Brady has never topped 100. Manning has the advantage over Brady in every statistical category except one -- Super Bowl wins. Manning has the numbers, Brady has three Super Bowl rings. I'll take the rings."

[ Last edited by  hetrek at 3-11-2006 07:20 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 3-11-2006 11:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 3-11-2006 07:18 PM
Analyze This: Brady or Manning?     

(Nov. 2, 2006) -- It's a simple question, but there is no easy answer. If you had to choose a starting quarterback for your team, would it be Tom Brady or Pe ...

yep! oobi agreed. if i were to choose between manning and brady, i'll take brady. for other people, may be this is a hard choice but not to me. i see another dan marino in manning and another joe montana in brady. i'm not really a fan of brady, not manning either. but, i really like the way brady plays the game. he looks cool, no matter what the situation is. as for manning, if you rattled him early, and keep sending people to colts backfield, you have better chances of winning football game. all in all, both are great quarterbacks and both will be in HoF after they retire.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-11-2006 12:45 PM | Show all posts
another close win for colts...
phew...

[ Last edited by  hetrek at 6-11-2006 12:52 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 6-11-2006 11:26 PM | Show all posts
attee, wehh!!!

Packers mangkor kembali....

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2006 03:05 PM | Show all posts

Nov 8, 2006 10:50 pm US/Pacific

AP: 49ers To Leave San Francisco
Talks Over New Stadium Reportedly Collapse

(AP) SAN FRANCISCO The San Francisco 49ers ended negotiations with the city about building a new stadium and plan to move to either Santa Clara or somewhere else in California, The Associated Press learned Wednesday night.

Owner John York notified Mayor Gavin Newsom of the team's decision earlier Wednesday, a city official close to the negotiations told The AP on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.

Team spokesman Aaron Salkin declined to comment Wednesday night. Phone messages left on the office and cell phone of Lisa Lang, the 49ers vice president for communications, were not immediately returned.

The sides had been talking over the last few months about building a privately financed stadium at Candlestick Point that was going to be part of the city's bid for the 2016 summer Olympics.

The team's current lease at Candlestick runs through the 2008 season and the team holds three five-year options that could extend it through 2023.

The current stadium at Candlestick is one of the most run-down in the league, leading the team's desire to seek a new stadium with revenue-generation suites and luxury boxes. The plan to build a stadium also included public housing, retail and office space.

The city was not going to contribute any money to the stadium but was willing to possibly help with some of the infrastructure costs.

The 49ers headquarters are currently based in Santa Clara, located about 30 miles south of San Francisco.

Los Angeles and Anaheim also are seeking an NFL team. The mayors of the two cities met last month with new commissioner Roger Goodell to offer their competing plans to lure a team back to southern California.

Los Angeles city leaders want to build a new stadium within the walls of the historic Memorial Coliseum, featuring 200 luxury boxes and 15,000 club seats at a cost of $800 million.

Goodell also met with Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle about his city's plans to sell the NFL 53 acres at the below-market price of $50 million to build a new stadium adjacent to Angel Stadium.

The Los Angeles area hasn't had an NFL team since after the 1994 season when the Raiders returned to Oakland and the Anaheim-based Rams moved to St. Louis.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 9-11-2006 04:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #356 oobi's post

hijrah......

hmm..ade soalan lah..
ape fungsi squib kick yer?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2006 12:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 9-11-2006 04:13 PM
hijrah......

hmm..ade soalan lah..
ape fungsi squib kick yer?

squib kick ni macam line drive kick. bila kicker kick on kickoff or after a td, bola tu tak naik ke atas. tujuannya adalah nak elakkan long return or return for td since it's hard for a receiving team to catch the ball or the ball usually will be caught by receiving team slow player, such a DL. advantage untuk receiving team, usually they get better field position. mula-mula, squib kick terjadi by accident bila 49ers kicker in the 80s tersilap kick bola tu. after that, it was done by design. kalau receiving team expect this kind of kick, they can get a really good field position. so, biasanya untuk squib kick to really work, kicking team has to catch receiving team off guard, which sometimes will result in a fumble.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-11-2006 06:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by oobi at 10-11-2006 12:11

squib kick ni macam line drive kick. bila kicker kick on kickoff or after a td, bola tu tak naik ke atas. tujuannya adalah nak elakkan long return or return for td since it's hard for a recei ...

ohh thanks oobi..
tapi...ade tak paham sket...
nak elak long return..
tapi bukan ke kalo squib kick tu tak pegi jauh?
same macam long return jugak kan..
tak gi jauh kene start kat midfield...

ae soalan lagi..
ape beze afc ngan nfc?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2006 02:45 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hetrek at 10-11-2006 06:53 PM
ohh thanks oobi..

tapi...ade tak paham sket...
nak elak long return..
tapi bukan ke kalo squib kick tu tak pegi jauh?
same macam long return jugak kan..
tak gi jauh kene start kat midfield...

ae soalan lagi..
ape beze afc ngan nfc?  ...

betul tu. sebab tulah bila nak buat squib kick ni kena pada masa yang receiving team tak expect langsung. masa tu, boleh pergi jauh sebab football tu bila dah bounce, susah nak catch. it's risky but sometimes you need to gamble bila semua dah tak jalan. that's why they play the game.

afc dengan nfc ni tak beza apa pun. asalnya dulu, football ni ada dua league, nfl (national football league) and afl (american football league). bila mereka bergabung, they created two conferences, afc and nfc.

kalau macam baseball, memang ada beza antara national league dengan american league. tapi football, tak de, as far as i know.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 08:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071734 second(s), 43 queries .