Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hetrek

American Football (NFL)

[Copy link]
Post time 7-12-2007 01:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #720 nhuser's post

really? congratulation to norv! hopefully that will give the chargers extra motivation to do well the rest of the season, and hopefully in the playoff.

my pick for chargers vs titans? well, wait until saturday when i release my sunday's pick.

my picks this year have been inconsistent, same as the results of the game. i don't really follow each team like before. therefore, i just based my picks on the standings and the performance of the teams from the week before. usually i also read injury reports, history records, players performance against certain teams, weekly transactions, what kind of offenses they run and its history against certain defenses, etc.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 7-12-2007 01:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-12-2007 07:04 AM | Show all posts

Reply #721 oobi's post

Oh man! Bolts will win, Bolts will win (with my fingers cross)

Next year Fantasy Football, I want to choose you as my "consultant". Although I like to play fantasy football, I'm just too lazy to read the stats etc

Use magic Report

Post time 8-12-2007 09:02 AM | Show all posts

Reply #722 nhuser's post

oobi, suka baca semua stats, interesting articles, etc. tapi, malas nak join fantasy football ni... too much stuffs nak kena ingat.

few malaysians used to ask my opinion on football (since in college) and seronok juga bila explain kat dia orang why i pick certain teams to win and sometimes by how much. bila betul, lagilah seronok. tapi, usually oobi just beritahu mereka sape yang akan menang and above/under scores (easier than predicting by how much a team will win).

and, i've actually done this since high school - predicting the outcome of malaysia cup (playoffs only). satu season tu, oobi predicted my favorite team will win with certain scores in quarter final, semi final and final, and I got all of them correct. punyelah suka sebab the team won all the way.

anyway, if nhuser betul-betul nak join fantasy football, oobi boleh tolong mana yang boleh. but, make sure you do your own research juga and compare with mine, then decide from there. two heads better than one. tak nak join fantasy baseball ke? tapi oobi tak tau sangat pasal baseball ni.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-12-2007 10:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #723 oobi's post

Tu la, too much info nak kena ingat kalau main Fantasy Football dan baseball. Next fantasy football season I'll look for you

I tak minat main fantasy baseball. Baseball lagi susah nak ingat facts (unless you memang deep into it, like my hubby) berbanding football. Too many games/team/season. Susah nak predict.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-12-2007 05:51 AM | Show all posts

Week Fourteen

Bye Week Teams: None

Sunday December 9, 2007

Miami Dolphins
      Buffalo Bills
        Recap

St. Louis Rams
      Cincinnati Bengals
        Recap

Dallas Cowboys
      Detroit Lions
        Recap

Oakland Raiders
      Green Bay Packers
        Recap

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Houston Texans
        Recap

Carolina Panthers
      Jacksonville Jaguars
        Recap

New York Giants
      Philadelphia Eagles
        Recap

San Diego Chargers
      Tennessee Titans
        Recap   OT

Minnesota Vikings
      San Francisco 49ers
        Recap

Arizona Cardinals
      Seattle Seahawks
        Recap

Pittsburgh Steelers
      New England Patriots
        Recap

Kansas City Chiefs
      Denver Broncos
        Recap

Cleveland Browns
      New York Jets
        Recap

Indianapolis Colts
      Baltimore Ravens
        Recap

Updated on Sunday, Dec 9, 2007 9:33 pm, PST

[ Last edited by  oobi at 10-12-2007 01:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-12-2007 07:22 AM | Show all posts
hope this weekend team aku can maintain their undefeat nyer form ler.
   come on tom brady and randy moss!!!
go the pats!!!!!

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-12-2007 10:55 PM | Show all posts

Reply #725 oobi's post

Oobi, your prediction..Titan will beat Bolts by 6
Cool, you predict Pats will loose to Steelers by 3 For the past few weeks Pats were so lucky (and of course Brady didn't crack under pressure! Damned, if Rivers can be like Brady, emotion wise)

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 12:41 AM | Show all posts

Reply #727 nhuser's post

sorry nhuser. i pick the titans because titans have been really good at home, especially when hanyesworth is healthy and anchoring the front four, and he's healthy now and hopefully can play the whole 4 quarters of football. while chargers have not been good away from home.

also, titans have a really good running game and the chargers have not been able stopping the run this season. both teams have about the same passing game and pass defense.

even though i pick the titans, i won't be surprised if the chargers win as it's late in the season and they need to pick up the steam if they want to be successful in the playoff.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-12-2007 12:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #727 nhuser's post

you're right! pats have been really lucky the past two weeks. i think, teams learn how to beat the pats, by being physical, especially against their wide receivers and disrupt their timing (and always disguise the defense, give brady different look - he's so good in reading the defense).

last week, the ravens should have won the game, but rex ryan backed off instead of kept pressuring brady in pats last drive. you can't play prevent defense against any team, especially against a great team like the pats. unless you're certain the qb will succumb to pressure, which won't happen to brady (he really reminds me of joe montana - he's very cool even under great pressure).

hopefully the steelers won't make the same mistake. but of course, they need to keep brady and the pats offense off the field as much as they can, and don't let them score whenever they are on the field. when steelers offense are on the field, they need to score td, not field goal.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 10-12-2007 12:52 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 06:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nhuser at 9-12-2007 10:55 PM
Oobi, your prediction..Titan will beat Bolts by 6
Cool, you predict Pats will loose to Steelers by 3 For the past few weeks Pats were so lucky (and of course Brady didn't crack under  ...

nhuser, congratulation! your bolts won the game by 6 instead.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 07:21 AM | Show all posts

Reply #730 oobi's post

I know What a game! Phew! The OT game almost gave me a heart attack! Thanks Oobi.

Seems that Pats is winning again. man, this team is good. Cowboys and Packers already clinchedtheir Divison title.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 09:26 AM | Show all posts

Reply #731 nhuser's post

i can imagine. you must be sweating with only few seconds left and chargers still trailing the titans by 7 points. it was a good win for san diego.

yes, the pats won again. they demolished the steel curtain. if colts lost tonight's game, new england will secure home field advantage throughout the playoff in afc. otherwise, they need one more win (probably next week against the jets). hopefully belichick won't rest brady and moss so that pats will be able to go undefeated in regular season. but, i really hope they lose in the playoff.

right now, looks like dallas is the best club to represent the nfc in the superbowl. i think dallas can challenge any team from afc except the pats; the pats are a notch above everybody else. i don't think green bay can challenge colts or steelers, unless they play at lambeau. they should be able to beat chargers, jaguars and browns (provided favre is under center).

do you plan to go to the superbowl next february in phoenix? it's not far from san diego (about 6 hours drive).

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 09:59 AM | Show all posts

Reply #732 oobi's post

Chargers could clinched the AFC West title if Broncos lost today, but they didn't. Indeed it was a good game.

I don't like Pats to begin with and same as you, i do really want them to lose in the playoff

No, we are not planning to go to the Superbowl in Phoenix next year.  In fact, we never watch Charges play at the Q (even though the Q is 5 miles away from our home). Too many beer drinking fans before and during the game. How about you? Are you going to AZ?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 10:42 AM | Show all posts

Reply #733 nhuser's post

no, i won't go to phoenix either. i don't like the smell of the beer too, plus any type of cigarette/cigar and fans sweat. plus, too much noise and too crowded. i prefer watching games on tv at home, sooo comfortable.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-12-2007 10:45 AM | Show all posts

Week Fourteen

Bye Week Teams: None

Monday December 10, 2007

New Orleans Saints
      Atlanta Falcons
        Recap

Updated on Monday, Dec 10, 2007 9:20 pm, PST

[ Last edited by  oobi at 11-12-2007 01:21 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 01:16 AM | Show all posts
i didn't why u guys hate the pats so much!
     may b u all just hate that the pats is kickin everyone else butts..
brady for gonna break tht peyton manning records. hope moss can equal jerry rice records
   n last but not least hope the pats will equal dolphin records!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2007 03:33 AM | Show all posts

Reply #736 carrim7's post

success comes with territory. that's what happened to the steelers in the 70s, and the niners in the 80s and early 90s, when they dominated the league. the same thing happened to the cowboys in the 90s. well, for the Boys, you either love them or you hate them, nothing in between (they have the most followers in america and have been consistently good from its first year - hardly hit rock bottom). that's what make football the best sports in america - used to be baseball but it's america's past time now.

and now, the pats turn. pats fans should take it as a compliment, and enjoy it while you can (it's fun when your team is the talk of the league, good or bad). it's easy to climb to the top but very hard to stay there.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 03:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #735 oobi's post

Saints by 6 on MNF.... but doesn't Saints a very inconsistence team (or am I wrong)?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 03:39 AM | Show all posts

Reply #737 oobi's post

:pompom: Go oobi!

:handshake: for the Pats fan, may the best team wins the Superbowl.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2007 04:51 AM | Show all posts

Reply #736 carrim7's post

ko duduk kat area new england ka carrim?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 07:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.179508 second(s), 46 queries .