Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hetrek

American Football (NFL)

[Copy link]
Post time 6-2-2008 11:50 PM | Show all posts

Reply #860 nhuser's post

i hope it's chargers year next season. they have everything going for them now. unless, of course, 49ers can turn things around quickly.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-2-2008 07:06 AM | Show all posts

Reply #861 oobi's post

Has 49ers ended their management conflict? Still remember those yrs when 49ers was a great team in NFL....It's about time a West Coast team take over the throne

Use magic Report

Post time 7-2-2008 11:48 PM | Show all posts
wow this year's sport season is full of shockers. first, it was KG's move to Celtics, then it was rockies' run to the their first world series while Red Sox came from behind to win pendant, then streaks of upsets in college football, then giant upset, then Gasol to Lakers and Shaq to Suns. i dunno wat's waiting in NBA. Not dat i complain tho. this is rather a blessing to a sport fan like me.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2008 01:58 AM | Show all posts

Reply #862 nhuser's post

well, there's not much conflict in front office. just that, the fans don't like the yorks. his son, jed, is okay. he probably the most avid 49ers fan in the family (probably got it from his uncle, eddie debartolo - former 49ers owner). jed is still learning to manage the franchise. nolan still the hc and he hired martz to be oc. they need to make the playoff next season or nolan will be out at season end.

i wish eddie is still the owner of the team. if he was, 49ers would hardly be in the cellar of the nfl - eddie won't let that happen. this brings back the memories in early 90s when 49ers lost two straight nfc championships to dallas. after the second lost, eddie said, "we were embarassed and we won't let that happen again". next year, we beat dallas and aikman in nfc championship (met for the third straight year - most people said it was the real superbowl - i can't argue with them) and eventually cruised in the superbowl. eddie did everything he could that year; signing tim mcdonald from the cardinals (tim made the phrase - show me the money - famous and was used in jerry maguire movie) , pried ken norton and gary plummer away from dallas and chargers, respectively. he even signed deion "primetime" sanders. but, his mistake caused him the job he loved the most, being an owner of the 49ers.

i still remember a press conference about 10 years ago, when reporters asked him about then 49ers oc, marc trestman (49ers offense was productive but not flying high enough); he bluntly said," he's out of here". no remorse at all.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 9-2-2008 02:05 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2008 02:19 PM | Show all posts

imo, none of 49ers' this year free agents are worth the franchise tag. when a player is tag with franchise status, a team will have to pay him an average of top five player salary at his position (based on last season).

Excerpt from Matt Barrows (of Sacramento Bee) 49ers Blog
Franchise numbers for each position:

Quarterback     $10.720 mil
     Cornerback     $9.465 mil
     Defensive End     $8.879 mil
     Linebacker     $8.065 mil
     Wide Receiver     $7.848 mil
     Offensive Line     $7.455 mil
     Running Back     $6.538 mil
     Defensive Tackle     $6.363 mil
     Tight End     $4.522 mil
     Safety     $4.396 mil
     Kicker/Punter     $2.514 mil

[ Last edited by  oobi at 13-2-2008 10:51 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-2-2008 05:55 AM | Show all posts

2008 NFL Calendar

Dates     Events
  Feb 7               
Beginning of period in which teams can designate franchise and transition players.
  Feb 20-26
NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana.
  Feb 21
Deadline for designating franchise and transition players
  Feb 28
  9:01 pm PT
Beginning of free-agent signing period and trade period.
  Mar 31
  Apr 30
NFL Annual Meeting, Palm Beach, Florida
  Late Mar
  Early Apr
2008 regular-season schedule announced
  Apr 18
Deadline to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets.
  Apr 26-27
NFL Draft
  May 19-21
NFL Spring Meeting, Buckhead, Georgia.
  Jul 15
  1:00 pm PT
Deadline to sign franchise players to offer sheets.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 13-2-2008 05:56 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 16-2-2008 02:18 PM | Show all posts

Excerpt from Yahoo! Sports

APNewsNow: Lawsuit seeks compensation for Super Bowl loss

February 15, 2008

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A lawsuit filed Friday by a former St. Louis Rams player and others seeks millions of dollars in damages from the alleged taping of Rams practices by the New England Patriots before the 2002 Super Bowl.

The Patriots won the game 20-17 in the Superdome.

The $100 million suit, filed on behalf of former Rams player Willie Gary in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, names the Patriots, team owner Robert Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-2-2008 11:15 PM | Show all posts

NFL:   Associated Press

Pats won Super Bowl, went 19-0... in Nicaragua

Updated: February 15, 2008, 2:23 PM ET

MANAGUA, Nicaragua -- The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and ended the season with a perfect 19-0 record -- at least it looks that way in Nicaragua.

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans "Super Bowl Champions, 19-0" to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

Thursday's gifts could not change history -- the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14 -- but they made a lot of youngsters in the communities of San Gregorio and Buena Vista very happy, said Miriam Diaz, spokeswoman for the humanitarian organization World Vision, which arranged the donation with the NFL.

"They [Patriots] lost, but the children won," Diaz said.

The only "football" most of the children know is soccer, but they were very enthusiastic about the U.S. version of the game once the rules were explained to them, she said.

"They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys," Diaz said. "They said they did not expect such a surprise."

Neither did the Patriots.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-2-2008 11:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #868 oobi's post

Oobi, we just required your 49ers LB...Derek Smith ...Good thing for 49ers, they still has Patrick Willis (NFL抯 defensive rookie of the year)....can't wait for 2008 football season to start!

Use magic Report

Post time 26-2-2008 06:07 AM | Show all posts

Reply #869 nhuser's post

very good pickup for the chargers - congrates to both, bolts and smith. i like derek smith a lot, he just go about his business without lots of fanfare and still racked up over 100 tackles almost every season - truly an unsung hero.

very sad to see him go but we don't have any place for him at inside linebacker, especially with the emerging of willis. it's best that we cut him now so that he can catch on with another team. i'm real happy for him when i heard the news two days ago that he hooked up with san diego (as long as not the pats, cowboys or any team in nfc west). hopefully he'll go to superbowl with the chargers next season.

by the way, combine will end tomorrow. there are lots of speedsters in this year class - amazing! i think deon sanders still the fastest with 4.23 40 (i could be wrong) in combine history. at least 3 of them ran 40 under 4.3. mcfadden really help his draft position by running 4.27 and 4.33 40 - every scouts forgot his off-field issues. i heard raiders like dexter jackson of appalachian state - a small wide receiver who runs 4.27 40. i hope niners can grab desean jackson of cal bear, as slot receiver and kick returner.

did you know that howie long son is predicted to be in top 5 in this year draft? there are two longs worth of top 5 picks; guess which one is howie's son?

can't wait for the draft in april.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 26-2-2008 06:10 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 26-2-2008 10:59 AM | Show all posts

Reply #870 oobi's post

Deon Sanders always amazed me! Yes, this year class does really have lots of speedsters...

OMG, don't tell me Virginia's DE Chris Long is Howie's son???? Wow! He deserved to be in top 5 for this year draft. Wonder if raiders intrested in him too. Will be amazing to see him play in the team his dad used to played.

Do you always watch the draft till the end? So far I only watched until the 2nd round Didn't have the interest to watch the 3rd round draft and so on....Maybe this year I'll watch it to the end with my hubby

Use magic Report

Post time 26-2-2008 11:16 AM | Show all posts

Reply #871 nhuser's post

you should see whenever sanders battled jerry rice and andre rison.

yes! that's howie's son. just my guess, raiders are more interested in mcfadden than chris long, since they only have fargas in the backfield - fargas is not suitable to be featured back. plus, al davis looooves speed. unless mcfadden is gone by the time they pick.

also, chris long may not last that long. parcell is 3-4 guy and chris long is perfect in that system, but 4-3 will work as well. so, i'm not surprise if dolphins or rams will snap him up early. but, we'll never know. draft is crazy thing. warren sapp fell out of top 10 just because of marijuana issue that's not even a really big issue.

anyway, i follow draft mostly via the internet, except for first round. but, i do keep the tv on.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-3-2008 09:03 PM | Show all posts
hi oobi...
hi semua...
ahhh...dah lama tak jenguk...
ekceli..aku sedikit terkilan...
kat malaysia ni sukan ni tak popular..
nak carik membe borak sama pon takde..
ai~~~
kalau nak tahu...
aku penah register kat nescafe kickstart nak buat team american football kat malaysia..
hahahahha..tak dapat pon...
nak eksplen die susah sket...
apa impian kamu...
apa kamu telah buat untuk mencapai citacita kamu..
kalau diberi RMX..apa kamu nak buat...
aku hantam saja...hahaha..
maybe next season ada orang boleh usulkan..
hehe

sepa menang superbowl?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2008 11:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #873 hetrek's post

Memang American Football tak famous in Malaysia...but, at least you didi something to promote this sport.

Who won SuperBowl? Giants did!...They crushed Tom Brady and gang..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2008 11:58 PM | Show all posts
wah dah lama tak post sini

susah nak implement sukan ni bro. officials je sampai 7 (correct me if I'm wrong). camera wajib ada. this sport is very physical. and i'm not sure if our people like to play/watch sports that has so many rules, gears and takes lotsa time (regularly take 3 hours). even I don't like some of the rules in football, i.e. pass interference which is pretty much subjective, based on official's view. football is interesting and fun to watch when players, coachs, fans, managers, people involved at all level etc etc really understand and have great passion for it.soccer kat malaysia pun tak lepas lagi. it took me almost a year (after knowing this sport but not yet understand it) to jump into bandwagon and love this sports. one more thing, investment, takkan nak suruh miller atau anheuser busch sponsor tayang kat TV (er.. I suck at business terms, need someone care to explain this please)

kalo main petang2 agak fun jugak

"open fot debate"

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2008 08:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #875 ai#eru's post

kau dah balik malaysia ka blom?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-3-2008 11:41 AM | Show all posts
lepas grad degre aku balik dan duduk kat msia dlm one year lebih, aku dtg balik sini amik grad studies

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-3-2008 11:17 PM | Show all posts
apa maksud grad studies?
kau kerja sana kaa?
huhuu.....

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2008 11:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #878 hetrek's post

grad tu - kalau pada saya - maksudnya ambil master degree -

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-3-2008 01:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nhuser at 20-3-2008 23:07
Memang American Football tak famous in Malaysia...but, at least you didi something to promote this sport.

Who won SuperBowl? Giants did!...They crushed Tom Brady and gang..

haaa...giants???
hahahahah...adik sudah kalahkan abang...muahahaha

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 02:33 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067952 second(s), 42 queries .