ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hetrek

American Football (NFL)

[Copy link]
Post time 28-4-2008 02:29 AM | Show all posts

2008 NFL Draft

First Round - Top 10 Picks

1. Miami Dolphins
    Jake Long - OT Michigan. The Dolphins signed the huge tackle days before the draft. Long will couple with Vernon Carey to form a physical tackle tandem. The Dolphins had major needs along the offensive line, and this allows them to focus on skill positions and pass rushers through the rest of the draft.

2. St. Louis Rams

Chris Long - DE, Virginia. Long is one of the most developed defenders to enter the NFL in years and is probably the safest selection in the entire draft. He has very good athleticism and intangibles. The Rams will now focus on offensive tackle and wide receiver.

3. Atlanta Falcons
    Matt Ryan - QB, Boston College. Ryan combines the strong arm, fine technique and surprisingly good mobility to become an early NFL starter - possibly as a rookie. He is one of the premier prospects in this class. They selected Ryan over Glenn Dorsey as the new face of their organization.

4. Oakland Raiders
    Darren McFadden - RB, Arkansas. He抯 a big, tough, versatile back who can become an NFL star and make an impact as a rookie. He抯 the top running back in a deep class. Despite depth at running back, Al Davis couldn't pass up the former Arkansas star.

5. Kansas City Chiefs

Glenn Dorsey - DT, LSU. This highly developed prospect has the potential to be a Pro Bowl defender early in his career. Dorsey is one of the best prospects in this draft, and he "slid" to fifth.

6. New York Jets

Vernon Gholston - DE, Ohio State. Jets add another outside pass rusher to go with Calvin Pace. They have fortified the offensive line and defensive front seven with this pick and free agents.

7. New Orleans Saints   (from Patriots; from 49ers)
    Sedrick Ellis - DT, USC. The Saints moved up from No. 10 to select the outstanding defensive lineman from USC. Speculation was the Bengals liked Ellis at No. 9. An excellent all-around package, Ellis combines the production and instincts to become a fine starter as a rookie in the NFL.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Ravens)
    Derrick Harvey - DE, Florida. The Jaguars trade up with Baltimore to get the home-state standout. In Harvey, the Jaguars get the off-the-edge pass rusher they have been craving. The Ravens received a total of four picks in this deal, including the Jags' first, two thirds and a fourth.

9. Cincinnati Bengals

Keith Rivers - OLB, USC. Rivers has the speed and athletic ability to start as a rookie and eventually be a Pro Bowl performer.

10. New England Patriots (from Saints)
    Jerod Mayo - ILB, Tennessee. Mayo is a fine prospect who could earn a starting grade in a short time after he settles into a pro set. Has the versatility and talent to start at a few positions in a 4-3 defense early in his career. He is a prospect who has come on like gangbusters and should get better with refinement of his excellent skill set.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 28-4-2008 03:59 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-4-2008 02:30 AM | Show all posts

2008 NFL Draft

First Round - Middle 10 Picks

11. Buffalo Bills
    Leodis McKelvin - CB, Troy. With the Ravens and Saints passing on corners, the Bills had their choice of defenders. McKelvin showed up big at the Senior Bowl and gives them another fine return man as well.

12. Denver Broncos

Ryan Clady - OT, Boise State. Clady is a solid prospect with the size and growth potential to become a premier left tackle in time. He fits the Denver scheme very well.

13. Carolina Panthers
    Jonathan Stewart - RB, Oregon. There are many evaluators graded Stewart as one of the top two backs available. His turf toe surgery should not effect him heading into training camp. The biggest reason the Panthers opted for Stewart is that Stewart graded out much higher as a receiver out of the backfield.

14. Chicago Bears

Chris Williams - OT, Vanderbilt. Williams provides the Bears offensive line with a much needed infusion of athleticism. He should slot in at left tackle and allow John Tait to go back to the right side.

15. Kansas City Chiefs (from Lions)
    Branden Albert - OG, Virginia. Albert is a durable blue-chip prospect with very good fundamentals and the level of development to start as a rookie. His athleticism, discipline and work ethic should help him compete immediately at the NFL level. The Chiefs have now nailed down two of the top linemen in the draft.

16. Arizona Cardinals

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB, Tennessee State. Cardinals get a mild surprise with Rodgers-Cromartie was still on the board. He is rated by most as the best cover corner in the draft.

17. Detroit Lions (from Chiefs; from Vikings)

Gosder Cherilus - OT, Boston College. The Lions fill a need by drafting a young offensive tackle that has played on both sides of the line. He seems much better prepared to play on the right side at the NFL level.

18. Baltimore Ravens (from Texans)

Joe Flacco - QB, Delaware. The Ravens dealt back up to select their quarterback of choice. The former Delaware quarterback could develop into the gem of this fine quarterback class; great arm strength and is capable of being a huge surprise over time.

19. Carolina Panthers (from Eagles)

Jeff Otah - OT, Pittsburgh. Williams provides the Bears offensive line with a much needed infusion of athleticism. He should slot in at left tackle and allow John Tait to go back to the right side.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Aqib Talib - CB, Kansas. A little bit of a surprise choice in terms of name, but not position. Talib gives them a bigger, potentially more physical corner which plays into their system. If his ball skills and consistency catch up to his raw tools, they got a great complement to Ronde Barber.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2008 02:32 AM | Show all posts

2008 NFL Draft

First Round - Bottom 12 Picks

21. Atlanta Falcons (from Redskins)
    Sam Baker - OT, USC. This is a bit of a reach here. Baker did not seem like he was going to be taken in the next few picks. However, the Falcons fill a void along the offensive line. Baker can potentially play either tackle or guard for them.

22. Dallas Cowboys   (from Browns)
    Felix Jones - RB, Arkansas. "Bash and Flash" could now be the new nickname for the Cowboys backfield. Dallas adds a speedy, change-of-pace runner to pair with Marion Barber. Jones also becomes the first Arkansas player the Cowboys have drafted since Jerry Jones took ownership of the team.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Rashard Mendenhall - RB, Illinois. Mendenhall will complement the outside, slashing style of Willie Parker and prevent the ground game from coming to a screaching halt like it did last year when Parker was injured.

24. Tennessee Titans
    Chris Johnson - RB, East Carolina. Johnson has an intriguing upside and should be able to contribute as a change-of-pace runner, a third-down back and as a kick returner. His speed should be a good complement to LenDale White's power out of the backfied.

25. Dallas Cowboys (from Seahawks)

Mike Jenkins - CB, South Florida. Jenkins has good skills and picks up schemes easily. He is best suited for a cover-2 scheme, where he can be an early starter or nickel corner in that coverage.

26. Houston Texans (from Ravens; from Jaguars)
    Duane Browns - OT, Virginia Tech. The Texans made a good trade back at first, but the worst case scenarios occured over the last eight picks. Many of the guys they would have wanted came off the board. Brown is an athletic left tackle, but a guy most graded as a third-round pick.

27. San Diego Chargers
    Antoine Cason - CB, Arizona. The Chargers get lucky based on the recent run of offensive linemen and running backs. They grabbed a perfect complement to Antonio Cromartie. Cason has fine ball skills, is a willing tackler, but is not great in man coverage.

28. Seattle Seahawks (from Cowboys)

Lawrence Jackson - CB, Arizona. The Seahawks had needs at both defensive end and defensive tackle, so taking Jackson is a solid choice here after moving back with the Cowboys. Jackson can increase their pass rush and play several spots.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Colts)

Kentwan Balmer - DT, North Carolina. Balmer is an athletic, mobile tackle with the talent to become a Pro Bowler if he抯 able to be a more consistent performer. Frank Coyle of www.draftinsiders.com had Balmer rated the No. 3 defensive tackle in the class.

30. New York Jets (from Packers)

Dustin Keller - TE, Purdue. Last time the Jets took a tight end in the first round was the infamous Johnny Mitchell selection. Keller had the best workouts of any tight end available and provides the team with a legitimate threat in the middle of the field.

31. New England Patriots

No pick. Forfeited (spygate scandal).

32. New York Giants

Kenny Phillips - FS, Miami-FL. Phillips is one of the best safeties in a very thin class. The Giants lost Gibril Wilson in the offseason, and the G-Men hope Phillips can help fill the void.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2008 02:31 PM | Show all posts

NFL Update - Goodell Wants New Salary Structure
[table=96%,#FFF8C6][tr][td]

By Dan Wetzel
Yahoo! Sports
Apr 25 12:44 am EDT

NEW YORK

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2008 01:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ai#eru at 22-4-2008 08:39 PM
sejarah ryan leaf mungkin berualng

I was laughing so loud when I read your comment Teringat Ryan Leaf and his antics when he was with Chargers

Use magic Report

Post time 29-4-2008 01:15 AM | Show all posts

Reply #903 oobi's post

Thanks Oobi for 2008 draft :victory: . Missed the first round draft and just don't have time to read all the articles in the sport's section.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-5-2008 10:05 PM | Show all posts

Reply #906 nhuser's post

yeah, i don't really sit down to watch the draft anymore. dulu, takkan tinggal punye, especially first round. mesti ada depan tv. now, others have higher priority. but, sekali sekala jenguk juga tv tu and also listen to the radio.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-5-2008 11:10 PM | Show all posts

hopefully they can come to an agreement before then. Lockout is never good to the league, players, owners and the fans.

NFL Update:   ESPN.com

Lockout in 2011?

ESPN.com news services
May 17, 2008, 6:55 PM ET

Gene Upshaw called NFL owners, who are ready to opt out of the current labor deal, "greedy."

"In their mind, a loss means they didn't make as much [money] as they thought they were going to make," said Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, during a panel discussion at the Sports Lawyers Association annual conference on Saturday.

The NFL owners and players reached the agreement in 2006, but both sides have the option of reopening it by Nov. 8. Upshaw said the owners could notify the players they are reopening the deal on Tuesday in Atlanta, a move that could result in a 2011 work stoppage.

"The owners have made it very clear that they intend to opt out of this agreement early," Upshaw said. "Our players are prepared for that."

Click HERE for more news on this.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-5-2008 11:45 AM | Show all posts

the best NFL player

who yours fav NFL player?

i think my fav player is Peyton Manning,Tom Brady

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2008 11:45 AM | Show all posts

the best NFL player

who yours fav NFL player?

i think my fav player is Peyton Manning,Tom Brady

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-5-2008 06:42 PM | Show all posts
rezhal...kau duduk mana?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-5-2008 09:41 PM | Show all posts

i've always admire warrick dunn for what he's done, on and off the field. what a great job!

NFL Update:   ESPN.com

The Good Hands Person

By Seth Wickersham
ESPN The Magazine
May 22, 2008

The afternoon of Jan. 30, 2008, was not a high point for me. At the downtown convention center in Phoenix, sitting a few feet away from a man who's done more to change lives than any other professional athlete I know -- who was being honored as such -- I was disinterested. Bored, even.

Warrick Dunn was accepting the Home Depot NFL Neighborhood MVP, awarded for his Homes for the Holidays foundation. He was talking about his efforts "on and off the field," and I felt like I had heard it all before. So many pro athletes have foundations. So many don't tend to them. So often I've been in a player's house and realized that his charity amounts to a dated Web site, stacks of paper on the floor and piles of unopened mail -- all to be handled by a entourage member who's eternally preoccupied by Wii.

Joilee Hazley and her two sons, Nick and Caleb, received a fully furnished home from Dunn and his foundation.

(Courtey of The Warrick Dunn Foundation)

True -- Dunn isn't one of those guys. Most players aren't those guys. But having seen a joke of a foundation over and over again soured my perception of Dunn's award. Dunn could tell, too. From behind the podium, he could feel every eye that wasn't on him. After his speech, others and I myself asked him only football questions -- if he'd remain an Atlanta Falcon -- and nothing else.

"I'm used to it," he told me last week.

I called Dunn partially out of guilt, partially out of admiration, after learning that in early May his foundation covered the down payment and completely furnished houses for three Tampa residents, all in three and a half hours. Forget the nation's real estate crisis, forget that he's received acclaim for his charity, forget that the press -- me -- typically ignores such acts: Dunn just keeps putting families into houses. In 12 years he's assisted 77 single parents and 201 children into homes.

Click HERE for more news on this.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2008 02:40 AM | Show all posts

there's been so much talk about brett favres this past week. will he play for the pack and be traded? green bay have a very tricky situation right now. they want to go youth, but at the same time, they don't want favres to play for any team in their divisions, not even in the nfc.

favres would love to play for brad childress and vikings will be the best team (with favres) in the nfc, and have great chance to go to the superbowl. i love to see favres play for the vikes, but it will not happen. if it is, it will cost a lot. imagine favres suits up in purple, with peterson in the backfield and a great defense.... vikes will be hard to beat (they just added more great bodies on their front seven).

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2008 09:06 AM | Show all posts
GB should release Favre and let him play. It's good for footbal fans to watch the intense rivalry between GB and the Vikes. The thing is, GB is not willing to pay a price later - beaten by Favre and the Vikes - had they traded him to Minnesota. Favre is already beyond his prime - yet he sure could still play well. But it's time for GB to  get away from Favre and move forward. It's such a waste of money to hire him NOT TO PLAY. Besides, they should concentrate more on Aaron Rodgers' performance to deliver the offense they needed to success in NFL.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-8-2008 02:31 AM | Show all posts
i'm intended to say part ways instead of get away...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-8-2008 08:38 PM | Show all posts

brett favres has been traded to the new york jets. terms of the trade was not yet available.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-8-2008 11:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #916 oobi's post

iIthought he suppose to go to the dolphins. So, he will be the reliever aka bench warmer next season huh...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-8-2008 02:20 AM | Show all posts

Balas #917 nhuser\ catat

that was a few months back, and it was a rumor because dolphins don't have much to offer. also, miami traded their best asset, jason taylor, to the redskins and left them basically nothing to offer the packers for favres, plus dolphins is in rebuilding stage.

i like to see favres go to the vikes, but only my wishful thinking as green bay will never trade him to division foes, let alone the vikes who have a very good team right now, minus the signal caller.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-8-2008 02:26 AM | Show all posts

Balas #917 nhuser\ catat

forgot to add: he will start for the jets. he won't be bench warmer, not brett favres. i don't think kellen clemens, erik ainge and brett ratliff can beat favres for starting qb, and chad pennington days with the jets is numbered now.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-8-2008 05:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by oobi at 7-8-2008 08:38 PM

brett favres has been traded to the new york jets. terms of the trade was not yet available.

dan skrg dia still dpt jersi no 4 nye... same as his days at lambeau...

tp apa yg berlegar kat minds sy adakah farve leh bawak Jets ke satu tahap yang dibanggakan dengan age dia yang semakin tua? pastu dengan muka dia jd cover madden taun ni, adakah dia juga akan terkena madden curse?

and what happen to chad pennington next?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 04:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089724 second(s), 42 queries .