Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 29846|Reply: 192

What so Great about Singapore???

Close [Copy link]
Post time 11-9-2006 05:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear all,
What is so great about Singapore?? Most of u esp Chinese always refer to Singapore as a model. For me Malaysian should have their own model. Certain good thing can be studied but not to say that Singapore as a model. Many Malaysian malay would not agree to be liken as Singapore as a model since they know what happen to Singapore's Malay.

Its the same ---- If Malay Muslim keep referring to Iran as a model . I don't think that Malaysian Chinese wouyld easily accept it.

In developing a nation we should study what is Malaysian Strength and weaknesses .... Not everything can say 'See Singapore lah" ....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

tycon This user has been deleted
Post time 11-9-2006 05:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 11-9-2006 05:43 PM
Dear all,
What is so great about Singapore?? Most of u esp Chinese always refer to Singapore as a model. For me Malaysian should have their own model. Certain good thing can be studied but not to  ...

I agreed!!

we should not always quote singapore as model.
But,please enlighten me which areas,sector malaysia can proudly show the world ,we are the world class std??
I dont like singapore as well,and i hope that one day malaysian will not be treated as uncivilised by singapore.

With the current BN gov,i think we can forget about the 2020 vision.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

wyet This user has been deleted
Post time 11-9-2006 05:50 PM | Show all posts
maybe you should blame UMNO for this, the Chinese understands that the Malays need some assists from the government, but UMNO politicans have been misusing this priviledge, resulting in the Malay's problem is still unsolved until today. A lot of Chinese does not have the "home" feeling because what they do and contribute seldom gets recognition from country, ironically, they are always tagged as bad people who keep trying to make noise. They can't feel the country wants them to "berjuang bersama", the country makes them feel as 2nd class citizen. And look at the way the UMNO leaders (or even members) shout at MCA without any respect and solid reason, but merely for their own benefit and so-called "dignity".

[ Last edited by  wyet at 11-9-2006 05:58 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2006 06:09 PM | Show all posts
Dear all,
What is so great about Singapore?? Most of u esp Chinese always refer to Singapore as a model. For me Malaysian should have their own model. Certain good thing can be studied but not to  ...

Government is asking us to learn from the east -Japan. But at last nothing learned from Japan and what we learned is changing the history in history teaching in our school like the Japs.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2006 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Serbu, not saying that we all Chinese like Singapore because it is a Chinese government oriented country. Some of us think Singaporean is ego and so called "Kiasu" and also dislike their attitude. But something we can't deny is that their country also grew up the same time with our country. But why they are so well known in the world stage, sad to say? I told my US friend I stay in Malaysia, they don't even know what's that and I have to explain that Malaysia is a bigger country above Singapore!

They are stronger then us in terms of economoy, social society, cleanliness, people living standard. But we can still treat them as our competitor so that we can grow faster!  I agree on this fact. But only with a circumstances that we are rule in a fair, democratic and corruption free environment. Agree ?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

tiM This user has been deleted
Post time 11-9-2006 10:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 11-9-2006 04:43 PM
Dear all,

Hahahahahah Soal itupun awak tak tau??? Singapore adalah dari rumpun atau bekas persekutuan negara kita. bagai mana ia boleh melonjat dari segi ekonomi, pendidikan, teknology dan minda sebaris dengan negara maju yg lain?. Malaysia masih mundur.... Bolelah dibanggakan kalau dibanding dengan pakistan, afganistan, tanjungrambutan... mahupun iran, iraq... Kalau awak nak menjadikan negara yg lebih mundur dari neghara kita sebagai model..:pmuka: itu hak awak kalau ada rasionalnya bagi awak.

Soal melayu singapore awak tak perlu risau hak mereka kerana mereka sendiripun lebih maju dan kaya dari org melayu malaysia. mungkin ada juga anasir batu api dari malaysia yg menghasut mereka (melayu singapore) kononnya mereka hilang dignity, ketuanan, kuasa..... apa esti itu semua kalau ia terbukti menrencatkan keanjalan paradigma utk menjadi negara kelas pertama seprti mana kata paklah pada masyarakat malaysia.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-9-2006 11:18 PM | Show all posts
Dear all,

you are definitely right.. we are a big country, and singapore is just a small little peanut..
the complexity of managing a country like malaysia is definitely higher than managing singapore..
however... there are many things we can learn from them.. for example, their adaptivity to globalisation, their ability as regional financial hub, their meritiocracy system, education system and etc.

however, despite of our rich resources, why we are so far behind singapore? in terms of education, economy, social security espeically, almost most of the things..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2006 10:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by tiM at 11-9-2006 10:46 PM

Hahahahahah Soal itupun awak tak tau??? Singapore adalah dari rumpun atau bekas persekutuan negara kita. bagai mana ia boleh melonjat dari segi ekonomi, pendidikan, teknology dan minda sebaris de ...

\See ur trying to mislead Maysian that Singapore is sssoooo good. Should folow Singapore...why becoz their leader is Chinese ahhh. Historically Singapore and Penang was developed by British to become centre of Coomerce and Port. The platform was prepared by the colonialisation who put much investment in Singapore and Penang.

After singapore out from Malaysia ..they become a small countiry but with good platform already. And main thing is they have to think of themselves a 1 mile square feet. So the policy just focus on themselves first.  

BTW in long term i believe --Malaysia would be more attractive than ur beloved country Singapore is.

I tell u if Singapore are so good why Malaysian Chinese not taking Singapore citizenship as Singapore is offering a lot of PR status to outsider.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-9-2006 11:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 10:27 AM

\See ur trying to mislead Maysian that Singapore is sssoooo good. Should folow Singapore...why becoz their leader is Chinese ahhh. Historically Singapore and Penang was developed by British t ...

Serbu, i think you are misleading us in fact! Please make it clear, we have never mentioned that the development of the Singapore is because of it is ruled by Chinese. Secondly, we accept the fact of Singapore is better than us do not mean that we love it than our country here!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2006 11:15 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by irimo at 12-9-2006 11:08 AM

Serbu, i think you are misleading us in fact! Please make it clear, we have never mentioned that the development of the Singapore is because of it is ruled by Chinese. Secondly, we accept the fac ...

It is the fact that Singapore is ruled by Chines... Why don't we compare what is Sinagpore --what doi they have? How their policy fixed them ?

Malaysia nad Singapore are 2 different world apart. Malaysia got land and resources. They way Malaysia should go must be differnt than Sinagpore is...

Singapore have no choice becoz they have scarce resources -- So they ir main focus on Industrialisationj and Forign Investment ...

But Malysia is different --Mnalaysia got resources --- If we wanna Malaysia to be totally Industrialised woukd be WRONG --- in fact every country should focus on agriculture also 'If they have capability" --agriculture is a food --and food is security.

So think again --- why need to follow Singapore? Because u guys like to see what Sing do only but does not do any comparison why they do that.... why Malaysia could not totally follow that.

Use magic Report

Lau111 This user has been deleted
Post time 12-9-2006 11:34 AM | Show all posts
Singapore is not so great, infact, Singapore is a little bit behind HK, Japan in Asia. But the problem is Malaysia is so shit, that makes Singapore so great.

Use magic Report

sohow? This user has been deleted
Post time 12-9-2006 12:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 11:15 AM

It is the fact that Singapore is ruled by Chines... Why don't we compare what is Sinagpore --what doi they have? How their policy fixed them ?

Malaysia nad Singapore are 2 different world ...

S'pore ruled by Chinese is one thing...we take S'pore as model is another thing...
S'pore is so great because of its transparency/efficiency...M'sia is so lousy because of its 'black box' style management...every damn thing is confidential, internal discussion. We as a citizen have the right to know what is happening to our tax payment. Why toll price raise so frequently? Next year, will rise again? Kepong fly over fully open now? Is this happening in S'pore? compare their road condition to ours...why our new road so bad and ppl's old road so good? I changed my absorber twice last year. See what happen to our hospital in JB?

Not transparent = corruption!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2006 12:27 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 11:15 AM

Malaysia nad Singapore are 2 different world ...

BTW, i do agree Malaysia needs to have its own formula to success. Agriculture & bio-gas that government working on is good strategy. I heard Brazil is starting sugar cane plantation massive way to use sugar cane for bio-gas purpose. I think our palm oil should do the work better. But again, whether or not the allocation benefit the R&D is a question mark without transparency.

Re industrilization, Singapore lost its lead now. We should take over it instead of losing to Thailand & Vietnam. Those FDI should not put all eggs in one basket (China) and should remain facility in SEA. We still need industrilazation especially our quality is better in this area.

What so great about Singapore? Don't ask us, ask Disney!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2006 12:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sohow? at 12-9-2006 12:09 PM
S'pore ruled by Chinese is one thing...we take S'pore as model is another thing...
S'pore is so great because of its transparency/efficiency...M'sia is so lousy because of its 'black box' styl ...

Aiyyoooo ----
transparency lor what u guy meant ---- Tranparency is a kind of thing that involve government ....  

And by referring Singapore as a whole Model is not justified for just to refer as  transparency ...

If the transparency ...there is a lotsa of other thing we can look. FYI -- Not transparent also does not mean that a country could not be great (sorry eventhough i am not in favor of transparency"

So if wanna discuss tranparanccy then focus on transparency ler ....

i put u this way ---

transparent or non transparent is NOT always correlated to Developing country --- there are some non transparent country but they are still developed becoz the correct government policy ...

[ Last edited by  serbu at 12-9-2006 03:16 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2006 01:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 12:39 PM

Aiyyoooo ----
transparency lor what u guy meant ---- Tranparency is a kind of thing that involve government ....  

And by referring Singapore as a whole Model is not justified for just to r ...

100% agree..
don't meng-kerdil-kan ourselves.. we are not so bad.. we have great resources, brilliant people (too bad our government never appreciate, and become imported by singapore and US and other countries)..
just that our politicians like to act clown, like to become hero..

[ Last edited by  CintaMalaysia at 12-9-2006 01:50 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2006 04:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by CintaMalaysia at 12-9-2006 01:36 PM
100% agree..
don't meng-kerdil-kan ourselves.. we are not so bad.. we have great resources, brilliant people (too bad our government never appreciate, and become imported by singapore and US a ...

i agree if sumbodi look at certain Singapore policy . But look Singapore as Model for whole that what i would not agree. I do agree if look at Australia --- how their agricultural and industrial debelop. In my opinion any deveveloped nation who have ample resources --- the still give priority to agriculture ...

But how we are going to improve in agricultural section ... I tell u the truth --i dunno what is our Ministry of Agriculture priority --- seems they are not focus and easily deviate. Which part of our argriculture use high tech thingy to improuve output? Even 'padi' also we lose to Thailand ... palm oil ---we teach indonesia in this but i think Indonesia will overtaken us in the palm oil industry ....

The Colonialisation by British has put a good platform in agriculture like rubber tree, palnting tea. We just need to use our resource to maximise it.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-9-2006 05:23 PM | Show all posts
We normally take S'pore as model because it has the same background, multiracial country as us. We don't need to copy 100% of course. But in term of implementation of government policy, they are still better.

For Padi plantation, can refer to Sekinchan. In Sekinchan, Selangor, the output was 10 tonnes per hectare while in the rice bowl areas in the north, the yield was only six tonnes a hectare. If Kedah can produce high yield padi as Sekinchan, no reason we lose to Thailand. But one thing, padi plantation needs hardworking farmer...

http://www.pmo.gov.my/website/we ... 07d13d?OpenDocument

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2006 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sohow? at 12-9-2006 05:23 PM
We normally take S'pore as model because it has the same background, multiracial country as us. We don't need to copy 100% of course. But in term of implementation of government policy, they are st ...

For me different ... the multi-culture os the demographic part. not the Nation as whole.

For Mlaysia -- the policy is there --it mught to be redefine but the implementation ...need lotsa improvement .... as a Malaysian Identity...not referring aother counytry as a whole model.

Regarding the padi ..its not only the output but the quality of the padi yield. Why so many rice meing smuggle into Malayisa? Becoz of cheaper and good quality. Why Thailand can have those efficiency? Because, there are very focus on agrucultural also ..eventhough industrial are boomimg as welll. Theiy have resources so the optimise the reseources. That is their model ...

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2006 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 05:54 PM

For me different ... the multi-culture os the demographic part. not the Nation as whole.

For Mlaysia -- the policy is there --it mught to be redefine but the implementation ...need lotsa im ...

Yes, need a lot of improvement on the policy. Shouldn't change sesuka hati.

Re padi,the quantity is more important at this moment. I like the vege from China because it is more delicious. Since gov ban the vege fr import fr China recently, i still can eat Cameron vege. But gov can't stop importing padi fr Thai because, we can't fully support ourselve yet. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2006 06:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 12-9-2006 05:54 PM

For Mlaysia -- the policy is there --it mught to be redefine but the implementation ...need lotsa im ...

agriculture is definitely important. We must make sure our agriculture industry has developed to such an extent that we can support ourselves domestically. Of course, remaining ourselves as important exporter of rubber, palm oil and etc. is important too..

also we need to move parallelly into other industry, for eg. more advanced tech. Of coruse currently we have lost our competitiveness in terms of cost. Therefore a change of economy model in more advanced indsutry is unavoidable.

However.. i believe not only you and me or the forrumers here know about all these facts.. In fact, i believe even those jokers in the amenoo and parliment know this fact too..

however, again.. Why we don't feel these positive progress? Why the society is making us more worrying, rather than more promising? it still comes back to the point of effective governance and execution? why we still have to argue until face red red over racial issues and religion issues? why the wealth only goes to those high class amenoo people, not you and me on the street?

we alll know why..

[ Last edited by  CintaMalaysia at 12-9-2006 06:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 05:18 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096050 second(s), 56 queries .