CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3467|Reply: 12

Man kills 17-month-old over video game

Close [Copy link]
Post time 14-9-2006 11:44 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
A North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter after she was violently punched over a video game. "My baby is gone at the hands of her father," the 21-year-old mother Mia Turman. "I have to put her in the ground, I shouldn't have to do this."

When Turman went to take a nap, she left her 17-month-old baby Alayiah under the care of the 25-year-old father, Tyrone Spellman, who also goes by the name of Anwar Salahuddin.

Turman said that after she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."

Turman then called police but it was too late to save Alayiah. "His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said.

Police arrested Spellman over the weekend and charged him with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 14-9-2006 11:50 PM | Show all posts
Were you dropped on the floor as a child and your head has never been the same ever since Debmey?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-9-2006 11:55 PM | Show all posts
No sir, I'm thankful I'm not a muslim convert like that anwar.

cheers

Use magic Report

The_Criteria This user has been deleted
Post time 15-9-2006 12:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-9-2006 11:44 PM
A North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter after she was violently punched over a video game. "My baby is gone at the hands of her father," the 21-year-old  ...

'Amr ibn Shu'ayb's grandfather said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Anyone who does not show mercy to our young people nor honour our old people is not one of us." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

In the variant of Abu Dawud, "...respect the rights of our old."

Use magic Report

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 15-9-2006 12:09 AM | Show all posts
pfft pure stupidity. that baby was just 17 months old. what does she know?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2006 08:39 AM | Show all posts
My brother's son is about 1 and half years old and he too come and disturb me playing video games. I just give him the joystick for PS1 (or PS2) and let him mimic me playing video games.

I don't see what sort of mental case could kill a child because of a video game. Hopes he burns in hell for that. :pray:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-9-2006 06:57 PM | Show all posts
>> Hopes he burns in hell for that. <<

he won't - he will plea insanity

Use magic Report

Post time 16-9-2006 11:19 AM | Show all posts
he is a criminal... and he did it not because Islam asked him to do it... so, no correlation with islam whatsoever debmey.. duh...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-9-2006 03:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by LostSoul at 16-9-2006 11:19 AM
he is a criminal... and he did it not because Islam asked him to do it... so, no correlation with islam whatsoever debmey.. duh...

Yeah that is true..Show in the Hadith and the Holy Quran where it stated that you should do what the man has done. Nowhere in the Holy Quran...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-9-2006 11:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedChaSiew at 15-9-2006 06:57 PM
>> Hopes he burns in hell for that. <<

he won't - he will plea insanity

Yes I can fully understand that is a legit mitigating factor cos anyone who convert to islam must be insane.

Use magic Report

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 17-9-2006 01:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 16-9-2006 03:10 PM

Yeah that is true..Show in the Hadith and the Holy Quran where it stated that you should do what the man has done. Nowhere in the Holy Quran...

but your friend TheCriteria is defending him
Originally posted by The_Criteria at 15-9-2006 12:08 AM

'Amr ibn Shu'ayb's grandfather said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Anyone who does not show mercy to our young people nor honour our old people i ...

the reason: respect the elder... :D

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2006 06:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 9/14/06 07:44 AM
Man kills 17-month-old over video game

A North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter after she was violently punched over a video game. "My baby is gone at the hands of her father," the 21-year-old mother Mia Turman. "I have to put her in the ground, I shouldn't have to do this."

When Turman went to take a nap, she left her 17-month-old baby Alayiah under the care of the 25-year-old father, Tyrone Spellman, who also goes by the name of Anwar Salahuddin.

Turman said that after she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."

Turman then called police but it was too late to save Alayiah. "His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said.

Police arrested Spellman over the weekend and charged him with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.

why should this be discussed here? you did not make it clear. the article by itself doesn't indicate that it has anything to do with what this board is all about.
so I'll just move it to World Events board.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-10-2006 02:45 AM | Show all posts
someone is really desparate trying to equate the religion with emotions of its followers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 09:54 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063564 second(s), 39 queries .