Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 7587|Reply: 53

We cannot afford to maintain these ancient prejudices against Islam

[Copy link]
Post time 19-9-2006 12:12 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
An article written by Karen Armstrong, who is a non-Muslim by the way. You can see her article here:

http://www.noorullah.org/2006/09 ... ices-against-islam/

- MENJ

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

ALFLOSS This user has been deleted
Post time 19-9-2006 12:50 PM | Show all posts
she is making money out of muslims by saying those things, if she loves islam so much she should convert.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 12:57 PM | Show all posts
Prejudices? WHO is Prejudices?;)

Source : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060919/ap_on_re_mi_ea/muslims_pope

[Qoute]
Iranian leader urges more papal protests By LEE KEATH, Associated Press Writer
31 minutes ago

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida in        Iraq warned        Pope Benedict XVI on Monday that its war against Christianity and the West will go on until Islam takes over the world, and        Iran's supreme leader called for more protests over the pontiff's remarks on Islam.

Protests broke out in South Asia and Indonesia, with angry Muslims saying Benedict's statement of regret a day earlier did not go far enough. In southern Iraq, demonstrators carrying black flags burned an effigy of the pope.

Islamic leaders around the world issued more condemnations of the pope's comments, but some moderates in the Middle East appeared to be trying to put a damper on the outrage, fearing it could spiral into attacks on Christians in the region.

Islamic countries also asked the U.N. Human Rights Council to examine the question of religious tolerance. Malaysia's foreign minister, Syed Hamid Albar, said Benedict's apology was "inadequate to calm the anger."
[/Qoute]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-9-2006 01:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ALFLOSS at 19-9-2006 12:50 PM
she is making money out of muslims by saying those things, if she loves islam so much she should convert.

Obviously you are just jealous that an un-biased non-Muslim scholar is making gestures of peace and goodwill towards Muslims.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 02:47 PM | Show all posts
Qaeda group vows "jihad" over Pope's speech

DUBAI (Reuters) - An Iraqi militant group led by al Qaeda vowed a war against the "worshippers of the cross" in response to a recent speech by Pope Benedict on Islam that sparked anger across the Muslim world...

..."We shall break the cross and spill the wine. ... God will (help) Muslims to conquer Rome. ... God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahideen," said the statement.

Source: Reuters

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 06:57 PM | Show all posts
A modern Bengali poet, Kazi Nazrul Islam (1899-1976), followed the example of earlier poets like Saiyad Jafar in this ode to Kali, using a play on words since in Bengali kali means 'ink':

Oh mother of mine,
    There's ink on my hands,
    ink on my face.
    The neighbors laugh.
    My education amounts to nothing

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 19-9-2006 09:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SquiZZ at 19-9-2006 02:47 PM

Source: Reuters

Stupid people like that dont represent Muslims.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 08:20 AM | Show all posts
Obviously you are just jealous that an un-biased non-Muslim scholar is making gestures of peace and goodwill towards Muslims.

- MENJ

and you are un biased? muslims will only be happy if we non muslims  allow you to instate shariah law every where in the world, then only this is considered peace and goodwill to muslims, isnt that right?

[ Last edited by  ALFLOSS at 20-9-2006 08:23 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-9-2006 08:49 AM | Show all posts
by ALFLOSS   

and you are un biased? muslims will only be happy if we non muslims  allow you to instate shariah law every where in the world, then only this is considered peace and goodwill to muslims, isnt that right?

No, they will say non-Muslims are not biase ONLY WHEN non-Muslims kiss their sorry Arabic a$$ and become Muslims themselves.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 20-9-2006 09:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 20-9-2006 08:49 AM
No, they will say non-Muslims are not biase ONLY WHEN non-Muslims kiss their sorry Arabic a$$ and become Muslims themselves.

Piroth and Barney belong to this group of Hindus. Read this link

:http://www.racematters.org/antimuslimuniteinternet.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 12:59 PM | Show all posts

KENKID and MENJ or any other muslims, please answer what i asked above about what constitutes goodwill  to muslims.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 02:22 PM | Show all posts
the truth is, there are even modern prejudice against islam. there is also some prejudice against other religions, but not as much as islam. just think about this: whatever a muslim did wrong, the world will tie it up to his religion, although what he did is unrelated to islam (even sometimes against what islam is promoting). take example, few days ago, we saw posting of a guy killed 17 month old baby over video game. even though he is a muslim, but his action does not mean that he did it because of islam. he did that because he is a very 'sick man'. yet, someone out there still think that islam made he do that... which is totally unrelated. reverse the story to a non muslim, definitely they concluded he is insane.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
Definately, Sephiroth, Barney50 and the infamous Truth.8 are not the intelligent people around. They know nuts about the article and whine over because of their HATE. I doubt this people really read the article.

This is what intelligent reply against the religion: (if i am not a muslim, i would say this)

Whoever wrote that article is biased. She openly insinuates that Pope Benedict agrees with Manuel's views simply because he quoted it, which is not the case in his speech. The remainder of her article is a thinly veiled attack of the Pope for what she sees as "bigotry", where in fact she has lost the whole plot of the speech to begin with.

The "bigotry" she speaks of is not what the Pope's message was. She just spent hours writing about anti-Islamic sentiments that are not a reflection of the academic speech.

"Apparent approval", I'm quite shocked that someone so learned can be so quick to make assumptions.

And what bullocks. The Pope called for more intellectual dialogue in the speech, for leadership through reasoning, and here she talks about withdrawing from interfaith initiatives?

I suspect she has presumptions about the Pope, simply because of his traditional role as the Cardinal that maintains the Catholic Church Doctrine, which makes him fiercely traditional.

p/s: so you know, what intelligent replies are? anyway, im a muslim, arr..aku mmg islam.. just i want to guide this three keling..oopss.. to be more "usefull" in replying... rather than simply post a stupid imbecile comments like - she is making money out of muslim..bla bla bla... AND STOP QUOTE IRRELEVANT ACCOUNTS!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ALFLOSS at 19-9-2006 12:50 PM

Many peoples now a days make money in many way. Why not pretend to be religious. Menjj website seek donation if u compare Christians website like my faith, most booklets and magazines are given free to preach the truth. We do not put banner ?onation? but menjj do have such donation banner.

Menjj is motivate by money to gain famous and to downgrade Christ faith. By doing so, he received money from public.

if menjj truly sincere , he would print booklet and give out free. ....but knowing him....he not sincer because he is conman.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 20-9-2006 03:09 PM

Many peoples now a days make money in many way. Why not pretend to be religious. Menjj website seek donation if u compare Christians website like my faith, most booklets and magazines are giv ...

u chrsitian? then u does not know anything abt chrsitian.... look at my previous commets...thats what i expect for non-muslim to reply.

but sadly it replied by a muslim... who just wanna show how the non-muslim here only know ho to bashed religion who obviously blinded by hate...towards the peacefull islam!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sLapshock at 20-9-2006 03:17 PM

u chrsitian? then u does not know anything abt chrsitian.... look at my previous commets...thats what i expect for non-muslim to reply.

but sadly it replied by a muslim... who just wanna sho ...

did not muslims bashing other faith all the times thinking their are the best and white when we are label as kafir.

why islam/or muslims cannot get along with others?? why Christians can get along with others pagan believers?? simply because Our Bible did not ask us not to war but LOVE the enemy but in islam it says " slay the unbelievers"

so, muslims should change the  mind sets if want to get along with others.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-9-2006 03:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 20-9-2006 03:21 PM

did not muslims bashing other faith all the times thinking their are the best and white when we are label as kafir.

why islam/or muslims cannot get along with others?? why Christians can g ...

We get along very well with others

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 20-9-2006 03:36 PM

We get along very well with others

thats what all musims says only by expressing on  face and writings.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 20-9-2006 03:41 PM

thats what all musims says only by expressing on  face and writings.

What?... Muslims have lived in peace with other races and people of other religions ...A classic example is Malaysia

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 03:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 20-9-2006 03:43 PM

What?... Muslims have lived in peace with other races and people of other religions ...A classic example is Malaysia

Of all the in Islamic country ONLY Malaysia which gives slightly freedom  to all expect one thing  " against muslims to renounce to other faith"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

1-5-2024 12:32 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.140521 second(s), 46 queries .