ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 6592|Reply: 51

Some history of Zakat

[Copy link]
Post time 22-9-2006 02:57 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
AN UNPOPULAR TAX

There is an interesting hadis which shows that the zakat tax was unpopular even with the highest.  扷mar was appointed the collector.  When he reported that KhalId b. WalId (who later became a famous Muslim general) and even the Prophet抯 own uncle, 扐bbas, had refused to pay the tax, Muhammad replied: 揧ou are unjust to KhalId, for he reserved the armours and weapons for the sake of Allah; and as for 扐bbAs, I shall be responsible. . . . 扷mar, bear in mind, the uncle of a person is like his father

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-9-2006 02:59 PM | Show all posts
DIVINE SANCTIONS

The divine punishment for not paying the poor tax is more gruesome than any secular punishment devised by a human agency.  揑f any owner of gold or silver does not pay what is due on him, when the Day of Resurrection would come, plates of fire would be beaten out for him; these then would be heated in the Fire of Hell and his sides, forehead and his back would be cauterized with them.  And when these cool down, the process is repeated during a day the extent of which would be fifty thousand years.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2006 03:11 PM | Show all posts
barney, the truth is that tax business is never popular! are you happy, smiling from ear to ear everytime after paying hefty sum of taxes at the end of the year? income tax, door tax etc? i'm not! but if i don't pay, IRB will come after me like a hound dog, they don't have to wait for the afterlife. suffer i will too.

same as zakat. some ppl dislike zakat, but it's an obligation for those who fit the requirements. this is a facility set-up for welfare of poor ppl & families. well, if the secular govt set up tax facility, why can't islam did the same? in fact income tax is more burdensome than zakat.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-9-2006 03:26 PM | Show all posts
LostSoul,

Brunie is a tax free country.....Malaysia can survive without collecting personal tax. The import tax and corperate tax alone is enough but the personal tax now that is a question mark.....You should know where does this money goes? I nee not tell you about that here....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-9-2006 03:27 PM | Show all posts
LostSoul,

Brunie is a tax free country.....Malaysia can survive without collecting personal tax. The import tax and corperate tax alone is enough but the personal tax now that is a question mark.....You should know where does this money goes? I nee not tell you about that here....

Use magic Report

Post time 22-9-2006 04:23 PM | Show all posts
are you sure barney that the nation can survive without collecting tax? malaysia is not as rich as brunei you know. and our population is much higher, and our geographical area is also bigger. i know that sometimes the responsible party misuse the tax money, but still i would say that tax money helped the nation somehow. though i hate paying tax, i have to do it as it's the law. same as zakat, it's my obligation. in fact, i rather pay zakat as i have 2 benefits, i'm helping others and God will give his blessing to ppl who pay zakat sincerely.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-9-2006 09:06 AM | Show all posts

zakat is illegal in tax system

zakat given tax rebates only go to help the poor Muslims and new converts.

INJUSTICE, and that is the 'demonisation' of Islam self imposed.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 09:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #7 13Friday's post

so do u want to help rich people instead?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-9-2006 11:13 AM | Show all posts
Barney50,
Please answer this question.

1) How States Government in the World  get the Money to develop the country?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 11:23 AM | Show all posts
13Friday
zakat is illegal in tax system

-------------------
Hehehehe... no point to condemm. No Point and Not Thinking the fact.

Its for the poor because they NOT ENOUGH money to but FOOD.

you statement shows that you are SELLFISH.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts
  1. responded by i212:Barney50,
  2. Please answer this question.

3. 1) How States Government in the World  get the Money to develop the country?
Copy the Code

Haiya! It is like talking to some 5 year old childlah.....

THe government need to find other source rather than tax its citizens. Tax can be collected from import of goods from other countries. Tax can be collected from companies that make profits. We have big giants like Telcos, Syarikat bekalan Air National, TNB, Petronas and many others who profit from the Government projects. If you need to know more I'd suggest you study political science and economics. Income tax was introduce by the British in our country and the same rascals who drained out our wealth before granting merdeka. Now our own government is draining the people out with all sorts of taxes. My my point here is about Mohammed imposing tax on the people of Medina which was know as the protection tax. He was like a gangster controlling a certain area and demanding protection tax. What if our police demand such tax. Say like if they say if you want us to catch the snatch thieves yo must pay protection tax other wise we will not protect you from the snatch thieves. Can you accept that?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 07:02 PM | Show all posts

there are poor people of all religions

Originally posted by darthVader at 23-9-2006 09:50 AM
so do u want to help rich people instead?

there are poor urban and rural people of all races and religions.

why only help the Muslim poor only.

other religions also give tithes but no tax rebates.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2006 07:39 PM | Show all posts

jinzya

Isn't this another deceptive form of tax on the non Muslims in Malaysai disguised as holy zakat.

Christians also pay tithes but no tax relief let alone tax rebates in freedom of all religions in Malaysia,  bulll    ssssssssshhit

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 02:56 AM | Show all posts
Kenapa umat Islam perlu mengeluarkan zakat?  Sebab Allah nak umat Islam sedar bahawa apa yang mereka dapat dan miliki di dunia ni bukan miliknya tetapi milik Allah dan patut dikongsi bersama dengan mereka yang terpilih di antaranya orang fakir.  Ini melatih umat Islam agar tidak mempunyai perangai pentingkan dir. Dengan pemberian zakat juga memupuk perasaaan berkasih sayang di antara satu sama lain.  Kelainan zakat dari cukai pendapatan adalah zakat mempunyai niat memberi kerana Allah sedangkan cukai pendapatan diberi aje kerana tuntutan kerajaan.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 03:13 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 24-9-2006 07:39 PM

Christians also pay tithes but no tax relief let alone tax rebates in freedom of all religion ...

Maybe boleh usulkan di parliment on this tax rebate!

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 03:26 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-9-2006 09:06 AM

So tell me how can zakat be illegal since zakat was collected from wealthy Muslim meaning if you don't qualify it you need not need to pay,its quite simple unlike some Christian countries who force tax from the poor and punished them even if they don't have any money for themselves.By the way Christians used to enforce tax when they invaded and colonise most of Asia especially in India and Indonesia.So is that justify to you when someone travells thousand of miles away and come to our country for money?That sounds like extortion to me but to you it may be divine.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-10-2006 09:52 AM | Show all posts
Haiya! It is like talking to some 5 year old childlah.....

THe government need to find other source rather than tax its citizens. Tax can be collected from import of goods from other countries. Tax can be collected from companies that make profits. We have big giants like Telcos, Syarikat bekalan Air National, TNB, Petronas and many others who profit from the Government projects. If you need to know more I'd suggest you study political science and economics. Income tax was introduce by the British in our country and the same rascals who drained out our wealth before granting merdeka. Now our own government is draining the people out with all sorts of taxes. My my point here is about Mohammed imposing tax on the people of Medina which was know as the protection tax. He was like a gangster controlling a certain area and demanding protection tax. What if our police demand such tax. Say like if they say if you want us to catch the snatch thieves yo must pay protection tax other wise we will not protect you from the snatch thieves. Can you accept that?
----------------------

I think You are the childish one. Always see the Negative on on people side.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 10:41 AM | Show all posts
The purpose of zakat itself proves that islam can never be a divine religion.
The alms are only meant for poor muslims, not the poor in general.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 12:47 PM | Show all posts

personal zakat

Originally posted by wira_melayu at 2-10-2006 03:26 AM

So tell me how can zakat be illegal since zakat was collected from wealthy Muslim meaning if you don't qualify it you need not need to pay,its quite simple unlike some Christian countries who f ...

why get the tax system involved.

that is swindle of the poor public to feed the poor muslims only.

this is a diversion of fund originally meant for all in the society.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2006 01:32 PM | Show all posts
debmey, the logic is very simple, perhaps to you it maybe very complicated. zakat is an obligation to muslims, none whatsoever to non muslims. so, who supposed to get the benefits? of course the poor muslims. let see this in this light: singaporeans pay tax, the the money channelled to the welfare system. should malaysian receive assistance from this welfare fund? surely you will jump up and down if singapore govt gave this money to malaysians, right?. so it's the same concept. simple! :bgrin:

13friday, get a life!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

30-4-2024 08:21 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.092003 second(s), 46 queries .