Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8417|Reply: 57

who create the equipment for sighting?

[Copy link]
Post time 23-9-2006 09:31 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

ABOVE: Negeri Sembilan Mufti, Datuk Mohd Murtadza Ahmad sights the new moon using a Meade LX-200 semi automatic telescope at Baitul Hilal, Teluk Kemang, Port Dickson on 29 Ramadhan 1426 last year.

A new moon sighted using a telescope by the falak division of Negeri Sembilan Mufti Department at Baitul Hilal, Teluk Kemang on 27 Jun, 2006 or 1 Jamadulakhir 1427.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-9-2006 09:32 AM | Show all posts

write up

SEREMBAN: Baitul Hilal at Km9.6 of Jalan Pantai in Port Dickson, one of the 28 observation points to sight the new moon today to determine the beginning of the Ramadan fasting month, holds the record for the most number of sightings of the Syawal new moon to set the date for Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

The Syawal new moon was sighted from there on nine occasions, in 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984 and 1989, said Assistant Mufti Ahmad Zaki Hamzah of the Negeri Sembilan Mufti Department.

The number is much higher than the sightings of the new moon from other observation points of the country, such as Pulau Sayak, Kedah (in 1980), Pantai Rombang, Melaka (1991 and 1996), Pontian Kecil, Johor (1980) and Tanjung Dumpil, Sabah (1989).

Ahmad Zaki said the observation point of Baitul Hilal was unique as it had a full and wide view of the horizon without any obstruction, indeed a most strategic position in all of Southeast Asia.

The observation point was built in the early 1970s on 1.4 hectares owned by the Negeri Sembilan Islamic Affairs Council and has facilities such as a prayer room, observation balcony and toilets.

Ahmad Zaki said three officials would be stationed at Baitul Hilal today to sight the new moon to determine the beginning of the Ramadan fasting month. Also present would be Negeri Sembilan Mufti Datuk Mohd Murtadza Ahmad and Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan.

He said the sighting of the new moon was done not only to determine the beginning of the Ramadan fasting month or the date for Hari Raya Aidilfitri but also to determine the accuracy of the calculation of the other months in the Islamic calendar. ? Bernama

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 11:34 AM | Show all posts
What your point?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 12:29 PM | Show all posts
Encik Friday tahun ni tak nak belajar berpuasa ke? :")

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 12:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-9-2006 09:31 AM

ABOVE: Negeri Sembilan Mufti, Datuk Mohd Murtadza Ahmad sights the new moon using a Meade LX-200 semi automatic telescope at Baitul Hilal, ...

i guess those thing create by Christians or pagan. I think so

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 02:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 23-9-2006 12:33 PM

i guess those thing create by Christians or pagan. I think so

Modern Astronomy was founded by MUSLIMS. Those equipments are based on the principles of optometry which were first brought FROM the Muslim world. So STFU if you do not know this basic history.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-9-2006 03:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MENJ at 23-9-2006 02:43 PM

Modern Astronomy was founded by MUSLIMS. Those equipments are based on the principles of optometry which were first brought FROM the Muslim world. So STFU if you do not know this basic history. ...

nonsense. if muslims claimed what they are, u muslims will be super duper.

anyway, those device used by muslims slighting the moon was made by Christians Nations.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-9-2006 06:52 PM | Show all posts

made in USA

Meade is made in US possibly by Jewish inventors.

anyone to confirm that?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-9-2006 07:20 PM | Show all posts

why different days?

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/s ... mp;sec=worldupdates

World Updates
September 23, 2006
Saudis start Ramadan on Saturday, Egyptians on Sunday

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam, will start the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan on Saturday along with most fellow Gulf Arab states, state media reported on Friday.

Senior religious councils in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates said the crescent moon was sighted after nightfall, signalling the start of Ramadan.

Egypt, the most populous Arab country, and Oman said they would mark the start of Ramadan on Sunday

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 08:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 23-9-2006 03:45 PM
nonsense. if muslims claimed what they are, u muslims will be super duper.

We have our own problems to deal with at the moment.

anyway, those device used by muslims slighting the moon was made by Christians Nations.

Nonsense, the principles in making those equipments came from the Islamic empire. Without those principles, even your so-called "powerful" Christian nations wont be able to make a needle, much less a telescope.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 08:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-9-2006 07:20 PM
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/s ... mp;sec=worldupdates

World Updates
September 23, 2006
Saudis start Rama ...

Because there are different methods of calculating the start of the fasting month, bakka.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 08:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 23-9-2006 06:52 PM
Meade is made in US possibly by Jewish inventors.

anyone to confirm that?

No idea what you are babbling about, Joshua Kong.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-9-2006 12:51 AM | Show all posts

I know you Menj

Originally posted by MENJ at 23-9-2006 08:14 PM

No idea what you are babbling about, Joshua Kong.

- MENJ

you don't like the point I raised, a Javanese.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-9-2006 12:53 AM | Show all posts

when sighting needed?

Originally posted by MENJ at 23-9-2006 08:13 PM

Because there are different methods of calculating the start of the fasting month, bakka.

- MENJ

if calculation is needed, the lunar calendars are proven already.

why waste money to sight the crescent?

the moon is always there, depending on the time.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2006 07:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 24-9-2006 12:51 AM

you don't like the point I raised, a Javanese.

I dont see what my ethnicity has got to do with my refutation, Joshua Kong.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2006 07:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 24-9-2006 12:53 AM

if calculation is needed, the lunar calendars are proven already.

why waste money to sight the crescent?

the moon is always there, depending on the time.

Sigh....it looks like you have to go back and learn a bit more about astronomy.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-9-2006 08:39 AM | Show all posts
astrology being used to calculate events of the universe. mostly predictions of the movements of the sun, moon, stars, planets, etc. ANd most planets and stars are still using arab name, the islamic astronomer/astrologer named it. (refer wikipedia.) Can they use their naked eye to see those stars and map them?

read http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/albiruni.html

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2006 10:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bzzts at 24-9-2006 08:39 AM
astrology being used to calculate events of the universe. mostly predictions of the movements of the sun, moon, stars, planets, etc. ANd most planets and stars are still using arab name, the islami ...

Great article here... At least we are better than Christians that trying thier best to implement the technologies that have been created by Muslims....

Use magic Report

davidchemic This user has been deleted
Post time 24-9-2006 11:01 AM | Show all posts
astrological calculation first started in China wayyy before your Muslim civilisation started lah

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2006 11:09 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by davidchemic at 24-9-2006 11:01 AM
astrological calculation first started in China wayyy before your Muslim civilisation started lah

But why no such technolgy from Christian ya...well what I have seen here, the Christian started the topic here..like they are the one who created the technology. If you want to say that technology sharing is a problem, then please don't you use any technology created by Jews and Muslims. Just use the technologies that have been created by your religin (Christian)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

30-4-2024 04:46 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.085696 second(s), 45 queries .