Grand quest

Chess by Quah Seng Sun

DO YOU know that in the early 1990s

Use magic Report

Post time 27-2-2008 06:59 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 27-9-2008 12:02 AM | Show all posts
Up next

Kuala Langat event: Majlis Daerah Kuala Langat will be holding an open chess tournament at the Aim Point Plaza in Bandar Sungai Emas, Banting, Selangor on Oct 12. There’s a total prize fund of RM5,750 for 76 prize winners. For details, call TEL: 012-679 6193 or 019-334 3068 before Oct 8.

Kepong open junior: The parent-teacher association of SJK(C) Kepong 2 will organise its annual open junior tournament at the school on Nov 2. There will be six age categories. For details, call TEL: 012-391 0866 or 012-294922. Closing date for entries is Oct 10.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2008 12:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #72 akughi's post

www.playchess.com best than yahoo chess

Use magic Report

Post time 6-12-2008 07:17 PM | Show all posts
salam

den antaro peminat main chess/catur nih. pernah main utk sekolah walaupun x power haha

tp cubo ekau org dgr penjelasan nih. maybe dapek memberi kebaikan pado kito semuo insyaAllah

semoga Allah merahmati kito semuo aamiiiin

[ Last edited by  karambunai at 14-5-2009 17:16 ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-5-2009 10:43 AM | Show all posts
chess my favourite game

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2009 03:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sonadid at 6-12-2008 19:17
salam

den antaro peminat main chess/catur nih. pernah main utk sekolah walaupun x power haha

tp cubo ekau org dgr penjelasan nih. maybe dapek memberi kebaikan pado kito semuo insyaAllah

apo penjelasan ehh???

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-5-2009 05:17 PM | Show all posts

Balas #88 nizam_syah82\ catat

owh... dah ada balik... cuba la dengar penjelasan dia

Use magic Report

Post time 25-8-2009 04:25 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by ~SwEeTMuM~ at 25-8-2009 16:26

my kids are chess player....
alhamdullilah this yr anak no. 1 & no 2 dpt mewakili state for MSSM at Klang..
my hubby who the one teach them... everything about chess

as for me....
NO, i don't like chess but always be with them to give support went all of them enter the tourment...

i just like to  know.
where do I buy at reasonable price the following item in Malaysia for my children usage:-
>> Chess digital clock
>> Chess board for teaching chess
>> tourment chess board
>> chess set

thanks guy for ur help.

LaSentosa Choc Hse>> http://lasentosa.blogspot.com/
LaSentosa Shop>> http://lasentosashop.blogspot.com/

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-12-2009 07:16 PM | Show all posts
Friday December 4, 2009Winter gamesCHESS
By QUAH SENG SUN
The Chess World Cup competition heats up in freezing Siberia.

FOR the last two weeks, the attention of the chess world has been focused on the Siberian city of Khanty-Mansiysk in Russia. In the past, people associated Siberia with being a cold, desolate place, cut off from the rest of the world.

Whiz kid: Filipino Wesley So
is growing from strength to strength.

Today’s living conditions in Siberia may be different from the days of the old Soviet Union but one thing remains the same: located in the heart of Russia, Khanty-Mansiysk is still a very cold place with severe winters of –30°C.

On Nov 21, 128 chess players from around the world gathered at Khanty-Mansiysk to take part in the Chess World Cup competition organised by the World Chess Federation (Fide).

Most of the participants had qualified for this event through a series of worldwide zonal tournaments but many had also gained automatic entry by virtue of their world rankings.

Since this is a knock-out tournament, the number of players would be whittled down by half with each succeeding round. Today, we are in the midst of the fifth round – the quarter-finals stage – and the field has been reduced to only eight players. One of them will emerge the victor in 10 days’ time.

There is still an opportunity to watch the games live through the Internet until Dec 14. Just visit the official website http://cup2009.fide.com/java/pgn/mon.php at about five o’clock daily.

Now, for the past two weeks, I have been a rock steady supporter of many of the Asian participants in this World Chess Cup, in particular those I know by reputation or by sight from having seen them play in Malaysia – people like Wang Yue, Wang Hao, Bu Xiangzhi, Li Chao, Hou Yifan, Yu Shaoteng and Yu Yangyi (from China), Krishnan Sasikiran and Parimarjan Negi (from India) as well as Wesley So, Rogelio Antonio and Darwin Layto (from the Philippines).

Then there are Surya Shekhar Ganguli, Chanda Sandipan, Abhijeet Gupta, Abhijit Kunte and Jha Sriram (India), Farrukh Amonatov (Tajikistan), Zhou Jianchao and Zhou Weiqi (China), Le Quang Liem (Vietnam), Anton Filippov (Uzbekistan), Ehsan Ghaem Maghami (Iran) and Mohamad Al Sayed (Qatar). There was a varied representation from the Asian countries, all 24 of them.

However, by the end of the first round, many had been eliminated leaving Wesley So, Wang Yue, Yu Yangyi, Wang Hao and Li Chao as the only survivors.

To my mind, the Indians were a big disappointment as none of them managed to progress to the second round but they were quickly forgotten as my attention turned to the four Chinese players and the sole representative from the Philippines

Among the five, 16-year-old Wesley So proved to be the biggest revelation of the World Chess Cup. Local players may remember seeing him play as a 13-year-old in the Datuk Arthur Tan Malaysia open tournament in 2006 where he missed out on a grandmaster title norm. Today, he is a full-fledged grandmaster, the top player in his country and presently the top ranked under-16 player in the world.

His international rating stands at 2640 but it is still going up. At Khanty-Mansiysk, he whipped Vassily Ivanchuk so badly in the second round that the Ukrainian grandmaster emotionally announced his immediate retirement from professional chess. “I committed chess suicide,” he moaned. Ivanchuk has since retracted this statement.

But there was more to come from young Wesley. In the third round, he eliminated Gata Kamsky as well. Now, people would also remember Kamsky as the grandmaster who challenged Anatoly Karpov for the Fide world chess championship title in 1996 and lost. More recently, he was the winner of the previous World Chess Cup in 2007.

By disposing of Kamsky, Wesley advanced to the fourth round. At press time, unfortunately, I am unable to say whether he had managed to win his rapidchess play-off games against Vladimir Malakhov. I can only hope that he did.

As much as Wesley was enjoying success in the Chess World Cup, none of the other four Asian players – the Chinese – got past the third round. Both Wang Hao and Yu Yangyi were eliminated in straight games in this round but Wang Yue and Li Chao had to endure the rapidchess play-offs.

They had all the opportunity to progress through to the fourth round in the play-off games but instead they were booted out due to a silly mistake on their part. It’s been some time already that the new Fide regulations require players to be seated at their chessboards at the start of each round or their games would be forfeited.

At Khanty-Manisysk, while waiting for one of the play-off rounds to begin, both players stepped outside the hall for a quick smoke, not realising that the round had started. This resulted in an instant loss for their games. They couldn’t recover from the remaining games and hence, were eliminated, too.

Up next
Penang Chess League: In conjunction with Pesta Pulau Pinang, the Penang Chess Association is hosting the Penang Chess League at Dewan Sri Pinang on Dec 12 and 13. Closing date for entries is Dec 10. For details, call Tan Eng Seong (012-4299517) or visit http://penangchess.com.

Holiday chess camp:

> Kids for Chess camp (Dec 7-8) at Pandan Lake Club, Pandan Perdana, Kuala Lumpur, with Jimmy Liew, Collin Madhavan, Jax Tham, Balen, Doris Wong and Haslindah Harun. Call Colin (03-91316474 / 016-2123578) or visit http://www.kids4chess.com).

> Polgar holiday chess camp (Dec 7-8) at the YMCA, Penang. Contact Marcus Yeoh (012-4723873 / marcus.yeoh81@gmail.com).

> National chess camp (Dec 7-10) at the Datuk Arthur Tan Chess Centre, Wilayah Complex, Kuala Lumpur. Contact Gregory Lau (012-020123 / greglau64@gmail.com) or Zuraihah Wazir (017-6930519).

> The Asean Chess Academy holiday chess programmes. Several sessions at Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur, and one in Penang. Contact Louisa Yap (% 03-23001680 or 019-2586355).

Use magic Report

Post time 9-12-2009 05:57 PM | Show all posts
ada ke tournament cuti2 nie??klu ada leh update kt sini

www.airheli.blogspot.com

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2010 11:36 AM | Show all posts
haku selalu main chess online je sbb nak lawan org kat real life susah x de sapa nak main gan aku...so main kat yahoo je selalu..tu pon dah jarang3 dah skung ni sbb member3 x minat main

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2010 10:03 AM | Show all posts
sapa juara catur dunia sekarang?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

8-5-2024 05:02 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.469905 second(s), 41 queries .