Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: a.ceCCo

GYMNASTIC

[Copy link]
Post time 20-12-2007 08:38 PM | Show all posts
2007/12/20GYMNASTICS:     Wei Siang: I should have won more

Wei Siang is looking forward to the Commonwealth Games in 2010.

DESPITE winning his first individual gold medal at the just concludedSea Games, Ooi Wei Siang believes his results could have been better.
[table=200][/table]   Wei Siang, 23, says  he could have won more than one gold medal if the Games was not held in Thailand.

"I am very satisfied with my performance in Korat as I thought I didreally well, but as expected the judges favoured the host nation," saidWei Siang.

"But I'm disappointed that I lost the individualall-around gold. I did not get the score I was expecting for myroutines. I knew from the beginning that it was going to be tough tocompete with the hosts on their home ground."

The gymnast is,however, glad he won a gold medal for the country especially whennobody expected the artistic gymnastics team to win any.
"As Ng Shu Wai, Shu Mun and Yap Kiam Bun are no longer withthe team, it was understandable that we lost the team gold, and I mustsay I was lucky to win a gold medal despite the biased judging."

Wei Siang, who is now the oldest  member of the national team, also said he has no intention to retire just yet.

"I hope that gymnastics will be included in the next Sea Games in Laos as  I want to win more gold medals there.

"I am also looking forward to the Commonwealth Games in 2010."

And Wei Siang is  not unduly worried about  age  catching up on him.

"True, by then (2010) I will be 26 but if I can stay injury-free and bementally and physically strong, then I don't think it is a problem forme to go on."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-12-2007 04:26 PM | Show all posts
2007/12/24
The year in review/Gymnastics:
Chrystal shines but gloom at MGF
By : Ajitpal Singh

Chrystal pirouetted her way to three individual gold and anchored the country to the team gold in the Korat Sea Games

IN a year which saw Malaysian gymnastics stumble from one controversyto another, Chrystal Lim's sparkling performance in the recent KoratSea Games came as the saving grace.
[/table]   Chrystal, who pirouetted her way to three individual gold and anchored the country to the team gold, helped lift the gloom.  

It was a year that saw Malaysian gymnastics clouded with suspensions and retirements of several gymnasts with potential.

In July, gymnastics was rocked by a big controversy when the muchheralded Ng brothers, Shu Wai and Shu Mun, were sacked from thenational elite programme for indiscipline.

The brothers werethrown out by the National Sports Council (NSC), on the recommendationof MGF, for skipping national training for a week.
It was such a setback that the Malaysian GymnasticsFederation (MGF) had to admit that it would take the federation another10 years to fill the void left by Shu Wai.

The country's top men's artistic gymnast, Shu Wai, was the firstMalaysian to qualify for the Olympics (2004 Athens) on merit.

Shu Wai also shone for Malaysia by winning a silver medal in lastyear's Doha Asian Games and sweeping four gold at the 2005 Manila SeaGames.

Many felt he could have been Malaysia's first Olympic medallist outside badminton at next year's Beijing Games.

Right after the sacking of Shu Wai and Shu Mun, Durratun NashihinRosli, Cheong Zu Er and Yap Kiam Bun decided not to continue.

Another experienced gymnast, Nurul Fatiha Abd Hamid, who won a bronze in Korat, also quit the national team this month.

There have been talks that these gymnasts decided to end their careers because they were unhappy with the MGF.

Despite these controversies. the MGF should prove that the associationhas been doing it right in developing talent and that it can come upwith good replacements for those who have retired.

But beforethis can be done, the MGF must get back on its footing first andconcentrate in putting more effort in developing the sport further inthe states.

Overall, the MGF should be given the thumbs-down.Despite being under the Core Sports Programme for over two years, wecan bluntly say that only five States - Kuala Lumpur, Selangor,Sarawak, Negri Sembilan and Pahang - are fully reaping the benefits ofthe programme in terms of availability of training centres, facilitiesand qualified coaches.

The States who are affiliated with MGFbut are not reaping the supposed benefits from the programme areLabuan, Perak, Penang and Kedah.

It is even shocking to learnthat four States - Perlis, Sabah, Kelantan and Johor - don't even havean association to manage the sport.

For the record, none of the Malaysian gymnasts managed to qualify for next year's Beijing Olympics.  

However, Malaysia could be given an Olympic wildcard by the World Gymnastics Federation to fill up the quota at the Games.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-3-2008 12:40 PM | Show all posts

Siapa kat Sini Minat Simona Amanar?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-6-2008 06:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #63 eastrun's post

wow... amazing giler
sape malaysian gymnasts yang kompem masuk Olympic??

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 01:34 PM | Show all posts
Pegawai stadium punca tewas

BEIJING - Pasukan gimnastik wanita Amerika Syarikat menyalahkan pegawai stadium kerana mengganggu perhatian salah seorang gimnas mereka ketika saingan akhir acara gimnastik berpasukan wanita Sukan Olimpik XXIX semalam.

Situasi itu menyaksikan impian Amerika untuk merangkul pingat emas tidak kesampaian.

China muncul juara selepas gimnas Amerika, Alicia Sacramone (gambar) gagal mengimbangi badan ketika menunggu isyarat bermula yang menyebabkan dia tergelincir ketika disiplin senam lantai, sekali gus memberi kejayaan tipis tuan rumah dengan kelebihan 2.375 mata.

Begitupun, pengurus pasukan Amerika, Martha Karolyi mendakwa bahawa pegawai di Stadium Tertutup Kebangsaan Beijing itu telah mengganggu persediaan Sacramone untuk isyarat tersebut.

"Mula-mula, mereka memanggil namanya, kemudian mereka tidak paparkan namanya meskipun gimnas China telah selesai beraksi. Ini satu keadaan yang tidak pernah berlaku," kata Karolyi.

"Dia sudah bersedia secara mentalnya dan kemudian mentalnya mula terjejas selepas pengawai tidak memberi isyarat kepadanya."

Menurut Karolyi, Amerika yang juga juara dunia mungkin mampu memenangi pingat emas sekiranya Sacramone tidak terganggu.

Namun, Karolyi tetap menyalahkan Sacramone di atas kegagalannya mengawal tekanan ketika beraksi.

"Kami melatihnya untuk menjadi atlet yang bagus, dan dia tidak seharusnya mudah hilang fokus dan bertindak agresif," katanya.

- AFP / Kosmo -

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2008 05:11 PM | Show all posts
alah blah la usa..aku tgk china smalam..best banyak la dr usa..yg usa aku suke si shawn johnson tu..usa die plg best masa acara palang tu..cume die kureng acara lantai..
aku lak yg jadik sebak terjoin emosi masa atlet china nangis ramai2 lepas peserta last die abis rutin lantai tu

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 16-8-2008 02:45 PM | Show all posts
time single woman usa pulak menang..

lawo budak tu

Use magic Report

Post time 27-8-2008 08:55 PM | Show all posts
edit.......................

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-8-2008 09:19 AM | Show all posts

rhytmic gymnastic

Use magic Report

Post time 28-8-2008 09:22 AM | Show all posts

Warm up olympics 2008 Beijing

Flexible

Use magic Report

Post time 28-8-2008 12:26 PM | Show all posts
masa olympic je boleh tgk aksi2 menarik gymnast.. suke tgk USA n China lawan sesame sendiri nk menang.. pape pun.. congrate to China + USA..

*ada pape berita ke yang derang nk siasat umur bebudak China yang bertanding masa olympic ari 2? ada cite lanjut?

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2008 12:37 PM | Show all posts

Balas #70 aryzana83\ catat

Kalau Rhythmic gymnastic, sila tengok Evgenia Kanaeva dari Rusia..memang superb

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2008 02:15 PM | Show all posts

Reply #72 eastrun's post

Hai eastrun,kita memang nak tengok gak kanaeva,tp tak jumpa lah video dia kat RG olympics beijing 2008,she got gold medal right

Use magic Report

Post time 2-9-2008 09:16 PM | Show all posts
maaf la aku tertinggal keretapi la,nk tny knape Vanessa Ferrari x msk Olympics ye?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2008 12:00 AM | Show all posts
xde pic gimnas komanwel 98 skrg

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2009 07:04 AM | Show all posts
hello

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-7-2009 07:08 AM | Show all posts

Loukia Trikomiti

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2009 07:09 AM | Show all posts

Chiara Ianni

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2009 07:10 AM | Show all posts

Julieta Cantaluppi

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2009 07:10 AM | Show all posts

Carolina Rodriguez

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 01:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074635 second(s), 41 queries .