CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: adecco_85

Mcm mana nak power english? (merged with suzy2712)

[Copy link]
Post time 29-3-2006 11:30 PM | Show all posts
lagi satu...i hate reading sdgkan cos English Literature ni kene banyak baca buku2 literature yg lelama tu...
script shakespeare sume kene ingat...
poem kene ingat...
nak baca buku tu bagi i ibarat nak telan ubat jer...hehe

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-3-2006 05:52 PM | Show all posts

Reply #81 Lady_On_Earth's post

seems u chew more than u r willing...u r going to have
a long battle ahead...if u r doing something u hate...
it's better to do something u love...the iniative is there
to motivate u...think positive...try to lose the hate...
turn it into something enjoyable...maybe by using ur
imagination or something...try watching Shakespeare...
sometimes that helps in trying to understand the text...

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2006 07:25 PM | Show all posts
power english?nk power dr segi apa- writing atau speaking?
i'm good in grammar and writing - i used to have so many pen friend when i was young.It helps a lot.
But i'm not that fluent in terms of speaking it.kalau ckp lintang pukang gak la
so, i just find myself a foreign friend and go to a english speaking group to practice.

ada setgh org,speaking fluent gila...tp bila tgk dia menulis dlm english,mcm tak percaya je.tulisan dia lintang pukang:stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2006 11:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mrs_livingstone at 31-3-2006 07:25 PM
power english?nk power dr segi apa- writing atau speaking?
i'm good in grammar and writing - i used to have so many pen friend when i was young.It helps a lot.
But i'm not that fluent in terms of ...

mestilah nak power both...in terms of writing..speaking...etc...
ntah la...mmg minat thats y amik kos ni...
selalunya kalau time nak exam...i takkan baca the play...i akan cari cd n tgk cd jer...hehe...then baru cari summary of the play...plot overview..characters...theme..etc..hehe..

Use magic Report

Mr.Forensics This user has been deleted
Post time 7-4-2006 02:29 PM | Show all posts
i pulak dari kecik suka tengok power rangers tapi tak power2.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-4-2006 09:35 AM | Show all posts
I think what is important, other than reading of course, is to PRACTISE TALKING in English. Without that you'll hesitate or stumble to find the right words whenever you have the opportunity to talk in English. If you don't have anybody to talk with, try doing it in front of a mirror; imagine yourself meeting someone new and introduce yourself to him/her. Try different scenarios too e.g. explaining to your teacher/friends certain things. You can also make use of the chat rooms and chat to those people whose mother tongue is English. Having said all that, it does not mean that my English is all that perfect; I do make mistakes here and there but my point is it does help me to get the CONFIDENCE to talk.  I used to be so afraid to open up in English or I would have the sentence in my brain first before I talk....:gado:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-8-2006 03:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Mr.Forensics at 7-4-2006 02:29 PM
i pulak dari kecik suka tengok power rangers tapi tak power2.

lol:lol

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2006 10:23 PM | Show all posts

which reminds me..

i'm not so excellent in english coz i always n almost fail in english test every months. but that was years ago. i don't really know how i did it but thanx to my teacher, never give up giving extra classes to me n my friends so that we can improve our english. starting from that i just love english plus i love to watch english drama. when i was 15, after PMR i spent a month reading english novels with a dictionary beside me. n i never give up & reading english novels really improve my english a bit.

if u can't spend few hours to finish a book, why don't u listen to ur fave english songs. it helps u know. trust me. but don't push urself into it, just go step by step

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-9-2006 11:48 PM | Show all posts
i ditched Malay storybooks when i was 12 and became a Fear Street series junkie. loaded up my shelf of those books, until my relatives were ashamed of me and my siblings because we didnt have much of Malay books around the house.
eventually this family sour grape feud turns in our way, eventually i got good job with good boss who was a foreigner. have entered into a reputable Aussie university without undertaking english test. :bgrin:   :bgrin:     :bgrin:

the secrets? hardwork and self-confidence...
no one will tell u what to do and what to think thus you must pave your way into your own beliefs of life.
i chose to be different so here i am reading dictionaries and thesaurus and having LOOOOAAADDDSS of english story books and watching movies without -dodgy- subtitles. now people shun me because they say i am a freak.   :lol    :lol   :lol
i dont care what people say as long as i got what i want in life - SATISFACTION   
:ah:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2006 09:42 PM | Show all posts
i had the opportunity having great english teachers in secondary school, and i had lots of practice doing preposition, vocab tests etc every week....yup...every week...so, it was really a good way of learning, then i get to learn a third language and finally i learn new vocabularies and new grammar and new wrods, which was also another way of perfecting my english

the way to learn another language is not to be embarassed speaking the language, even though you think you are saying the right thing, but if you do not make mistakes, how can you learn?
and do not be embarrased to ask people when you do not know any word, or not sure about the gramatical structure of your sentence and using the dictionary is also a good tool...i have all type of dictionary and always refer to them if i am not sure of the meaning and the context of the word....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 01:08 AM | Show all posts
My case, i do speak english with my husband but as he's french, my english pun jadi tunggang langgang mcm dia gak ... makin hari makin teruk ... my friend kata i punya english dah jadi slang french dah, burok bebeno

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 11:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by NadiaMurad75 at 20-9-2006 01:08 AM
My case, i do speak english with my husband but as he's french, my english pun jadi tunggang langgang mcm dia gak ... makin hari makin teruk ... my friend kata i punya english dah jadi slang french ...

hehehhe....i understand, coz i pun had that problem at one time, and now, with my husband(he's malay) he speaks better english than me so, we converse in english every day so, my english dah "repair" coz, i worked with french ppl for quite sometime and conversed in french all the time, itu yg bila buat presentation, terkeluar "frenchised english" heheheh

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 07:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yaneng at 20-9-2006 04:04 AM

hehehhe....i understand, coz i pun had that problem at one time, and now, with my husband(he's malay) he speaks better english than me so, we converse in english every day so, my english dah  ...

One thing, buku² in english kat sini mintak mahap ler mana nak dapek ... dont ask me to surf internet nooo ..

I minat ler ngan Readers Digest tapi sini sudah semestinya french version ... nak gak find out kalau buleh subscribe english version punya

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2006 07:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by NadiaMurad75 at 20-9-2006 07:43 PM

One thing, buku² in english kat sini mintak mahap ler mana nak dapek ... dont ask me to surf internet nooo ..

I minat ler ngan Readers Digest tapi sini sudah semestinya french version . ...

Are you in Paris, kat Paris dulu yaneng selalu beli buku kat gilbert jeunes, selalunyer byk buku english and second hand....in fact kat quartier latin byk kedai buku yg ada some collections english, just kena koreklah...i found them pun kat dlm kotak2...but that was like 10 yrs ago...hehehehe...maybe time has changed....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2006 11:50 PM | Show all posts
does ne1 here tau sofware/app yg bley gune tok tau pronunciation yg sebenar? meaning dat, die ade kuar audio skali..thx

[ Last edited by  butterfly86 at 24-9-2006 06:10 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 1-11-2006 12:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by NadiaMurad75 at 20-9-2006 01:08 AM
My case, i do speak english with my husband but as he's french, my english pun jadi tunggang langgang mcm dia gak ... makin hari makin teruk ... my friend kata i punya english dah jadi slang french ...

hahahaha...thats what happened to me now sejak belajar french:gila:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-11-2006 12:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lady_On_Earth at 2-4-2006 11:09 PM

mestilah nak power both...in terms of writing..speaking...etc...
ntah la...mmg minat thats y amik kos ni...
selalunya kalau time nak exam...i takkan baca the play...i akan cari cd n tgk cd je ...

i'm sure ur english is far more better than me...sbb u amik course english
kita pakai english sampai kat u aje,ade subject english but i took it for granted...menyesal pulak
segala grammar mak nenek tu mrs belajar dr sekolah aje
tambahan pulak mrs ni jenis malas sesangat membaca...dah tua camni baru nak push diri utk membaca sbb nak sgt tambah vocabs yg very limited

Use magic Report

Post time 1-11-2006 10:48 PM | Show all posts
I think that one of the major obstacles in trying to learn to speak English is our fear of being a laughing stock, we've to get rid of the feeling of inferiority in order for us to reach our goal.

Hence we've to be braved and to be humble to allow ourselfves to make mistakes as that is the best way of learning anything, you've learned through mistake.

Even in English speaking countries like Australia,England and America ( to name a few) there are a lot of slangs that are only applicable in that respective country. So nobody can point a finger and tell you that you are not speaking  proper; English. What is the proper English? Queens English?

Even the English language is derived heavily from the Gallic influences.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 12:27 AM | Show all posts
I found a site that can help us in vocabs.
register,(letak email je) dan dia akan hantar a word a day kat email kita...senangkan?
siap dgn maksud dan cara penggunaan lagi...
check this out:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Word-of-the-Day.htm

utk kita igt word tu kita kenelah guna, for me i use my blog as a medium utk guna perkataan2 supaya tak lupa dan practice english. tunggang langgang pun tunggang langgang la:lol

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2006 10:31 PM | Show all posts
saya ingin menanyakan beberapa perkataan bahasa inggeris. utk  improvekan bahasa inggeris saya:tq::tq:

apa maksud DEFAULT ?

*nanti kalau ada perkataan lagi saya akan tanya lagi:tq:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 07:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.364314 second(s), 51 queries .