CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: adecco_85

Mcm mana nak power english? (merged with suzy2712)

[Copy link]
Post time 15-11-2006 06:54 PM | Show all posts
INVEST = ?

:tq:

[ Last edited by  Medium_Term at 15-11-2006 06:56 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-11-2006 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Hi, I'm new here and would like to give my suggestions of improving  English.
In my family, we speak a jumble of English and Malay (as most household do) but mostly Malay. But both my parents are of the English Medium education system once upon a time. so Most of thieir interest, be it music, literature or anything for that matter are all in English. From  a very young age, I used to read English books, listen to English songs and watch English movies/TV series. I have never liked Malay books, or songs or movies. I' m not saying that they are underrated or anything. It's just that they sound so iffy.
Also throughout my primary schooling, a lot of my friends are chinese and indians and we converse mainly in english.
When I further my studies to the UK, some of my english friends mentioned that I speak without the usual Malaysian slang that accompanies some of the Malay girls there (sorry, not to be perasan, but just stating fact.... i still can speak Manglish one)

So there you go....
READ
LISTEN
WATCH (listen also la when watching tv...)

Try to surround yourself with the English Language and sooner or later you will automatically pick up the lingo

Just my two cents worth....

[ Last edited by  yatiedin at 20-11-2006 11:17 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-11-2006 11:28 PM | Show all posts

Reply #102 yatiedin's post

i like all of the pattern dlm ur blog:love:
ff:

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2006 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mrs_livingstone at 20-11-2006 11:28 PM
i like all of the pattern dlm ur blog:love:
ff:

Thankx.....
ff:

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2006 05:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Medium_Term

Sorry, terlambat reply...:tq:

apa maksud DEFAULT ?
:hmm:berkaitan dengan kegagalan...

INVEST = memberi, melibat...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2006 05:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Medium_Term at 15-11-2006 06:54 PM
INVEST = ?

:tq:

INVEST -- MELABUR -

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-12-2006 05:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Medium_Term at 10-11-2006 10:31 PM
saya ingin menanyakan beberapa perkataan bahasa inggeris. utk  improvekan bahasa inggeris saya:tq::tq:

apa maksud DEFAULT ?

*nanti kalau ada perkataan lagi saya akan tanya lagi:tq:

DEFAULT  =  NON PAYMENT
                       FAILURE TO PAY

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-12-2006 05:24 PM | Show all posts

ENGLISH

cane nk improve english ek?
uhhuhuhuhuh....english ku sguh terabur.....memalukan sguh....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-12-2006 07:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 adecco_85's post

kalau tanya mekna...jawapan nya ialah...banyakkan membaca....dan membaca...dan membaca...mula la dengan bahan bacaan yang mudah seperti buku cerita ... baru2 ni mekna pergi ke carrefour di Wangsa Maju..ade jualan murah utk buku2 campuran inggeris....seperti Pride n Prejudice. wuthering heights, black beauty dsbgnya...semuanya versi simple english dgn tulisan yang besar...

kalau baca buku atau bahan2 inggeris jgn cuba nak terjemahkan there n then...jgn pegang dictionary..tak akan menjadi...adecco kena bace jer...kalau ade satu perkataan yang tak faham...cuba fahamkan ayat die...bile dah habis membaca baru cari erti perkataan dlm dictionary...

lagi satu...kalau nak cakap dlm bahasa inggerins..kena "think" english juga...bukan jadi orang inggeris yer..jgn salah faham pula...jangan risau sangat pasal grammar..hantam saja dulu..nanti2 bila dah fluent sket baru betulkan grammar tu....atau adecco buleh..dengar lagu2 inggeris... last but not least...kalau tengok cerita inggeris..jgn yang ade subtitle...

ini pandangan mekna sahaja...buleh cuba kalau mahu...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 17-12-2006 02:05 AM | Show all posts
cuba baca topics yg ade kat sini...byk sgt yg boleh memberi idea for u to improve your english.
pastu i reallly2 recommend for u to talk in english WITHOUT the malaysian slang. baru bunyi omputih..hikhik...
i suke mengajuk org so takde masalah nak meniru2 style nihh..hihi

Use magic Report

Post time 25-12-2006 11:39 PM | Show all posts
pada Dut start with simple words, walaupun it seems simple cam ABC how to spell the time, or veggies or foods for that matter.

Start from below and slowly build up ur vocabulary baru lah nanti u akan rasa more motivated to learn and to speak english

dulu hb dut, i belikan dia buku mengeja yg simple2 nyer and now at least dia dah mula berminat nak membaca all sort of articles like the readers digest :love:

and sabar itu perlu

good luck :pompom:  

Use magic Report

Post time 25-1-2007 10:23 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 dutchy's post

ohhh.. di sini kamu yea... TANGKAP!!! hehehehe

yes dutchy.. strongly agree.. starts with simple words.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-2-2007 06:18 AM | Show all posts
nak belajau cakap orang pute ke? makan cheese manyak manyak, jangan makan belacan. manalah tau kot, kot menjadi.

Sorry, on a serious tone. You've been given lots of ideas and suggestions on the best way to go about learning the language. You have to ask yourself which is the best one to follow to suit the best way for you to gain the best result. Most Japanese are very good with english grammar, nonetheless, come to speak the language, hapah. Whereas, lots of the people I work with are absolutely .......... with their grammar, but so fluent and effective in expressing themselves in English. Don't think too much, just let the words flow out from your mouth.

HAve you heard of Skype? The best way to get someone from other countries to discuss everything and anything in English. From what I heard, apparently, it has helped a few people to improve their English. Good luck

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-12-2007 12:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 25-12-2006 11:39 PM
pada Dut start with simple words, walaupun it seems simple cam ABC how to spell the time, or veggies or foods for that matter.

Start from below and slowly build up ur vocabulary baru lah nanti ...

agree with dut... like the educational system in malaysia which require the students to study maths n science in english.. its good in a way... start young and the language will absorb into yr tongue.. not only english but also other 2nd language... of coz theres always interference from the native language but thats normal kan... we ll improve gradually...

BM is important as well but as we are living in a multiracial country like malaysia... its not about either / or but its about openness... so study jer whatever language pun... if we remember the muslim scholar dulu2... the master at least 8 languages.. in a way it is logic because language play a major role in spreading Islam... if not, how they spread Islam if they only know Arabic... so the mentality should be open to all of the languages in the world...

hehe.. back to english language k....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2008 12:49 PM | Show all posts
yuhuuu..
my english is not well too..
still trying..
i'm quiet lazy to memorize the word..n dats make me blur to speak in english hehe

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2008 03:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #115 riya_pataya's post

why dont you start with Skype?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-3-2008 11:42 AM | Show all posts
i'm not familiar with Skype.  Can U tell in detail what can we do with skype in order to improve our english. My english also bad. I want to improve my english.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 10:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #117 aptseroja's post

certainly practice make perfect.By learning and learning through you books,definitely you need some media,something to practice.

And that's Skype made for.
Skype actually is a programme where we can use our broadband internet to call all over the world in the very lowest price(although i found out that Skype doesn't give me the lowest price)

And approximately there are 1+ million users who use Skype.Most of them used as a telephone/voip - voice over internet protocol..and most of them used Skype as ICQ,YM,MSN etc.They find friends,chat over and talk over.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-4-2008 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yatiedin at 20-11-2006 11:15 PM
Hi, I'm new here and would like to give my suggestions of improving  English.
In my family, we speak a jumble of English and Malay (as most household do) but mostly Malay. But both my parents ar ...

READ, LISTEN, WATCH
cant agree more..
i do one more thing..talk to myself..since i'm a housewife, i dont really have ppl around except my son.so it's me and my son i can be sparring with..

Use magic Report

Post time 27-4-2008 04:54 AM | Show all posts
rerajin dgr radio Eng

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 04:29 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.087422 second(s), 45 queries .