Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: skuter_buruk146

.:BoA Kwon:.

[Copy link]
Post time 16-5-2007 07:54 PM | Show all posts
BoA rocks the stage at Hollywood Bowl

Korean TV Channel, MBC, hosted a concert named "I Love Korea," for the Korean American community in California last saturday. Bringing a crowd of more than 20,000 people from all over the nation, the concert included Korea's top singers including BoA, Epik High, Super Junior, Seo Ji Young, Eru, Ivy, totaling 16 stars. BoA performed a total of four songs including Girls on Top, No.1, Valenti, Moto. BoA, the last singer to perform, pulled an amazing live performance for the first three songs while ending the concert with the powerful dance of Moto.

The Annual Korean Music Festival, which started in 2003 to promote Korean culture in the United States, marked it's 5th anniversary this year. For those who missed it this year, don't miss it next year!

Source : Kona
Credits: BoA's House + KpopKingdom
Image: skittles_xp

Toned Bodies the New Trend?

Female models with toned bodies are filling the screens today as the competition heats up. It's not about the slim body anymore but the muscle that is bringing the attention today in Korea. From toned models such as Hyun Young, to Ok Ju Hyun, female models with toned bodies are gaining much popularity today and BoA is not an exception. BoA, always showing off her toned and slim body, stated that she does weight training three to four times a week, two hours each. As toned bodies are hard to maintain, BoA exercises regularly to keep up with the trend.

Source : Sports Seoul
Image : oksusutea

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-5-2007 10:11 PM | Show all posts
[News] BoA Wins Annual Hallyu Award

BoA has been chosen as one of the twenty one winners of the first annual Hallyu Awards. The winners include: Rain, a Korean pop singer; Lee Young-Ae, an actress; Park Jin-Young, a music mogul that discovered Rain; and Lee Soo-Man, the head of SM Entertainment.

Sponsored by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of South Korea, the Hallyu Awards are given to those who have contributed to promoting Korean pop culture abroad. As many as twenty one media outlets have participated in the poll determining the winners.

The awards will be presented at Hanyang University, Seoul on May 18th. It is not yet known if BoA will attend the ceremony.

Credits:
Site: www.BoAjjang.com
News Update: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)
Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)
News/Image Source: SportsToday

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2007 05:57 PM | Show all posts
It's hard being a world star

BoA, who is now considered an adult, has been chosen to be the last singer to star on Mnet's special show "21 Century Artist." This program's main focus is to reveal stars' story in becoming an adult and their views upon entering the adult society.

"I was very lonely when I first went to Japan. I didn抰 have friends or family to be with me. The first Japanese word I learned there was '淚' or tears," stated BoA as she expressed her lonely life in Japan. BoA stated that she has started to express her true feelings and emotions of pain through her ballads such as Winter Love after becoming an adult. This is something she has come to cherish as she could indirectly express and let out her pains and sufferings to her loving fans.

When asked if BoA was considering on going to university, BoA stated that she did not have any plans any time soon. "Many people attend school to be an active member of society. However, I feel that a good education is not very important for my job. Rather, the effort and passion is something I can really show to my fans. Although I missed out on the norm of school education, I have experienced being out in society: something not many people experience at such a young age. Thus, I have no regrets. Furthermore, since I am so busy, I would be a 'ghost student,' not being able to attend most of the time. It抯 useless to attend when I抣l miss out most of the time because I won抰 learn anything. Thus, I am planning to attend university when time permits in the future to carry out my studies." BoA declared in her interview.

BoA ended the interview by stating, "I feel that all of Korea's citizens are watching my progress as a singer. I don't want to tell them to view me in a specific way but I hope that those that do look over me know that I am always trying my best."

Source: Osen

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2007 03:06 PM | Show all posts
BoA Leading in SBS 'Super Korean' Poll

In a poll conducted by SBS, a Korean broadcaster, BoA is currently leading the sports-entertainment category with a whopping 48% of the total vote. Closely following is Rain with 39%.

The poll, dubbed 'Super Korean', asks Koreans to choose public figures whom they are most proud of from various fields. The final results are to be determined by the internet poll and a panel assessment of each candidate's accomplishments.

Other notable candidates include Ban Ki-Moon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations; Andre Kim, a world renown fashion designer; and Park Chan-Wook, the director of such acclaimed films as 'Old Boy'' and 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance'.

Once the results are determined, SBS will create an animated documentary that tells the life story of each winner, showcasing the accomplishments of the so-called 'Super Koreans'.

Support BoA by voting for her in the SBS website! Note that you need to register before voting, and that you can vote only once. The poll ends on May 16th.

Source : SBS
Credits: BoAjjang + KpopKingdom
Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com), anathel(BoAjjang.com)

Use magic Report

Post time 31-5-2007 05:02 PM | Show all posts
BoA Says College Education "Meaningless" to Her

For those who found it odd that BoA has yet to enter college when many top colleges in Korea would gladly accept her just for her name value, she finally has an answer. In an interview with M-Net, a Korean cable channel, BoA explained her decision not to pursue any college education--for now.

She said that her primary reason was, quite predictably, that as a singer she does not really need a college degree. "In the entertainment industry, college degrees hardly matter; people care more about one's natural ability or sensibility," explained BoA.

"I didn't even have time to finish high school. Even if I got into a college, I would miss most of the classes. That would be meaningless. Later on in my life when I have more free time, I want to pursue education in fields that I am truly interested in."

She is not without regret, though. "Most people learn to socialize in school. I wish I hadn't bypassed that process, but at least I had a lot of hands-on real life experience. It's a pity, but I don't feel too sorry for it."

The said interview will be broadcast on M-net in Korea on May 15th.

Credits:
Site: www.BoAjjang.com
Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)
News/Image Source: NewsEn ^^  

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2007 12:42 PM | Show all posts
BoA's Ads Top Consumer Confidence and Purchasing Influence in Korea

A survey was conducted by Korean brand specializing site, Brand38.com and marked the top five on many different aspects of Korean ads such as brand image. Among the four lists, BoA was included in two of them.

BoA made the rankings of the "Consumer Confidence" department, in which consumers feel comfortable and trusts the brand name due to its ads. Falling short to Moon Guen Young's GS Kaltex commercials recieving a score of 8.5/10, BoA's KB Card came in second place with an amazing score of 8.36/10.

BoA was also included in the "Purchasing Influence" department, in which consumers are compelled to purchase or use a company's product/service due to celebrity endorsement. Just .02 points behind Wonbin's Baskin Robbins and Lee Na Young's Natur ice cream, BoA's Seoul Milk commercials came in fourth place with a highly competitive score of 8.35/10. BoA continues to have a lasting impact on the Korean advertising industry, proving her worth as a world star once again.

Source : Yonhap News

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-6-2007 12:18 PM | Show all posts
BoA to Meet Harvard Students

BoA is scheduled to meet Harvard MBA students, who are attending Lee Sooman's lecture on June 5th. As with last year's lecture, Lee Sooman will discuss the current state of Korean pop culture and SM Entertainment's strategy of training young talents at early age.

According to Baek Yanghui, the student representative of Harvard MBA Program, Lee Sooman's lecture last lecture was a resounding success, receiving particularly positive reviews from those that visited Korea last year.

Other tentative SM Entertainment stars attending will include HanKyung of Super Junior and KangTa, both of whom also attended last year's lecture.

Source : Sports Hankook
Credits : BoAjjang + KpopKingdom
News Update: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang)
Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang), ptoor(BoAjjang)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

BoA to Meet Harvard MBA Students

50 Harvard MBA students who are highly respected in the business world, will come to Korea June 1 to hear a lecture provided by BoA's producer, Lee Soo Man on June 5. Due to the positive comments recieved by the first year MBA students that visited last year, the university administration decided to allow a revisit to hear Mr. Lee's lecture on SM's sucess and its effects on the Korean wave. Mr. Lee stated that he wanted to give interest and also shed light on these future leaders in the business world to the Korean culture and powerful influence in Asia.

He will lecture on SM's know-hows in conquering the Asian music market from early popular SM artists such as H.O.T. and S.E.S. to currently sucessful BoA and TVXQ. BoA, Kang Ta, and Super Junior's Han Kyung will participate again, similar to last year's lecture and will perform some songs for them. BoA will participate in the answering of the student's questions as well. The Harvard students will tour around Korea's most sucessful companies such as Samsung and learn how they came to suceed in the exceedingly competitive global market during their stay in Korea.

Source : Sports Chosun
Credits: BoA's House + Daum + KpopKingdom

-----
BoA's Japanese Blog Opens

A BoA blog will open in Oricon's Official Artist Blogs on June 6. This blog will post BoA news real-time and keep BoA fans updated with the latest BoA news and info. Thus, BoA's House will work hard to keep up with this blog!

Source : Naver

Use magic Report

Post time 17-6-2007 02:40 AM | Show all posts
BoA Reveals Personal Photographs on New Blog

Asian superstar BoA unveiled a hidden talent on Wednesday with the launch of her personal blog in Japan (blog.oricon.co.jp/boa). The pop diva plans to use the blog as a new way to interact with her fans by showing her offstage life and sharing her day-to-day musings. She also plans to showcase her own photography, a talent that most of her fans were unaware of.

"Recently I've been thinking of becoming a photographer," BoA said in an interview not long ago. "I'm usually the one photographed rather than photographing, and I find it fascinating how my look can change depending on who's taking the photos. I'm interested in photos and cameras, and I take my camera everywhere to take pictures of landscapes and people."

In the first post on her blog on Wednesday, BoA wrote, "I plan to write about what I think and feel. Recently I've been taking lessons and working on a production in Korea. I'll write a lot about my work in Korea."

She also posted two photographs that she shot. The blog was quick to attract her fans' attention and was rated first in blog listings by Japan's OriconStyle just one day after it opened.

Credits : EnglishNewsChosun + KpopKingdom

-----
BoA 2007 MADE IN TWENTY LIVE TOUR DVD DATE OUT!!

The long awaited 2007 MADE IN TWENTY LIVE TOUR DVD release date has been decided!
It will be coming out on August 8, 2007 and will cost 5980 yen. (the cover is fanmade)

Tracklist.

DISC-1
稯UTGROW ~Ready butterfly ~
稴O REAL
稸ALENTI
稴TILL . .
稤O THE MOTION
稬ady Galaxy
稴ilent Screamerz
稢andle Lights
稬ONG TIME NO SEE
稪EWEL SONG
稰rayer
稰rayer
稲ock With You
穋osmic eyes
稤akishimeru
種anairo No A#a~ brand new beat ~
稯UINCY
稫EY OF HEART
稺inter Love
稴weet Impact
稥verything Needs Love
稧racious Days

DISC-2
稡oA DANCE MAIN Camera 6 Songs
稡oA Interview

Source: Bestiz

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-6-2007 11:56 AM | Show all posts
BoA's Official Korean Fan Interaction Site Opens

BoA has opened her personal UFO site. A 'UFO' site is a site in which stars can recieve fan messages electronically through PC or text messaging. Each star that signs up to this service receives a UMPC (Ultra Mobile PC) in which stars can view photos, messages, and videos from their fans. Since fans can send BoA messages live from all around the world, UFO hopes this to be a big hit. Unfortunately, at the moment, users must be Korean and must also pay a small fee to send BoA a message. Check out BoA's UFO Now!

Source: INews24

Use magic Report

Post time 22-6-2007 03:19 PM | Show all posts
[BoA To Enter Hollywood Next Year?]

In a speech to 45 Harvard business students on the 5th, founder of SM Entertainment Lee Su-man announced pop singer BoA’s plans to advance into the US market.
From the SM Entertainment’s head office in Chungdam-dong, Seoul, Lee alluded to BoA’s advancement into Hollywood as an actress.
In 2005, BoA was offered a role in the popular MBC drama “Goong/ The Palace,” as well as a movie role with Chinese basketball player Yao Ming.
Fans are eager to find out when the popular singer will debut in Hollywood on the heels of fellow-Hallyu star Rain’s participation in the Wachowski brother’s film adaptation of “Speed Racer.”
Other local artists Kang-ta, Go Ara, Lee Yun-hui, and Super Junior attended Lee Su-man’s lecture given to the Harvard business students on Hallyu (the Korean Wave) management strategies and systems leading the business of Asian culture.

Credits ~ KBS World + Kpopper.com + noV@Kpop Kingdom

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 10:30 AM | Show all posts
BoA at 2007 Korean Music Festival - Hollywood Bowl [070505]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2007 08:29 PM | Show all posts
[Blog Hacker Threatens Singer]

By Kim Rahn
Staff Reporter

It is not only malicious comments on the Internet that irritate stars. Hacking of stars' blogs is more bothering, as their private life and personal information can be leaked and sometimes used for a crime like a recent case involving BoA.

According to the police and S.M. Entertainment Friday, a 23-year-old college student was arrested for hacking a blog of singer BoA and blackmailing her, threatening to spread her private photos.

The student, identified as Seo, sneaked onto BoA's Cyworld blog in April 2006 and obtained photos that she took with a male singer. He sent e-mails to her manager to threaten that he would release the photos if they did not provide money. He took 35 million won.

S.M. Entertainment said in a press release that the victim was BoA and the male singer was Ahn Danny, former member of pop group g.o.d., and the two have been close friends.

"Seo threatened to spread a rumor that was not factual, and BoA's manager tried to catch him by contacting him and giving him money,'' the entertainment company said.

Seo also sent e-mails to Ahn and his manager on over 10 occasions earlier this month, demanding 65 million won in exchange for not spreading the photos and the rumor. The police investigating BoA's case traced the e-mails and caught Seo, according to the police and the company.

To hide his identity, Seo sent the e-mails with pop star Lee Hyo-lee's e-mail address that he obtained five years previous when hacking Lee's Web sites.

SK Communications, operator of Cyworld, said the police found that Seo did not break into the Web system but logged into the blog with a password that he guessed from BoA's information open to the public, such as date of birth.

However, whether through hacking or logging in with IDs, it is not the first time that stars' blogs with personal information are disclosed, and pressure is mounting that people need to respect stars' privacy.

In April, a personal blog of KBS anchor Choi Dong-sok was hacked and his photos with his girlfriend and anchor Park Ji-yoon were posted on the Internet. The photos were personal and the two reported the leakage to police.

"Public attention to stars is excessive and is reaching a law breaking-level,'' an Internet user with the ID "Jiyeong'' said on Daum.

Credits ~ Korea Times + Kpopper.com + noV@Kpop Kingdom

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2007 02:29 PM | Show all posts
[News] BoA Takes 14th Spot on Oricon Album Chart

Singer BoA has taken the 14th spot on the Oricon album chart's rankings for the first half of this year.

The top spot was given to Mister Children, followed by Koda Kumi, Hamasaki Ayumi, YUI, Exile, and others.

BoA sold 348,093 copies of her fifth album "Made in Twenties" after releasing it in January. The album, which marked the singer's 20th birthday and her coming-of-age, topped the Oricon daily and weekly charts on the day of its release.

All six of BoA's albums released in Japan topped the weekly Oricon chart, with five of the singer's full-length albums topping the weekly chart in succession.

creditz~KBS Global+blueice@kpopkingdom

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2007 10:39 AM | Show all posts
June 20th, 2007

Blackmailer busted

Last Thursday, police arrested a hacker who extorted 35 million won ($38,000) out of Korean pop singer BoA and attempted to extract 65 million won from her friend and fellow singer Danny. BoA is one of the first Koreans to have a successful singing career in Japan. Danny’s career has fizzled recently, but he was once a member of the popular Korean boy band g.o.d.
A prosecution official stated that the man in question “hacked BoA’s homepage and told her that he would reveal her private life and pictures of her with Danny if she didn’t pay the requested amount of money.” Boa’s manager gave the hacker 35 million won to stop the man from spreading a rumor that Boa and Danny are in a relationship.
The hacker then tried to blackmail Danny, but this time police were ready for him.
Some sources claim that police caught the suspect through the Internet, while others insist he was nabbed by tracing his cell phone number. In any case, the photos were not released and the money was returned.
“Celebrities don’t like their private lives to be known,” said the hacker. “I used this fact to make money.”

Source: By Phillip Lee @ JoongAng Daily
Credit: kpopkingdom.com

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2007 09:31 AM | Show all posts
[quote]BoA's Blog Entry 070702 - ドライブに行きたくて  2007年07月02日(月)
I wanted to go driving

Use magic Report

Post time 16-7-2007 09:41 AM | Show all posts
[Japanese Media Devote Intense Coverage To Hacking Of BoA's Site]

The Japanese are stunned by the recent hacking of singer BoA's personal website. On the 16th, publications devoted to sports and entertainment news all reported the incident, that the hacker had threatened to use her private information and that she'd been blackmailed out of $35,000. The media tackled the news with gravity. The culprit, a high schooler with the surname Suh, is said to have gotten into BoA's homepage after accessing her password. He threatened to use photos of BoA and Ahn Danny, blackmailing both their managers. He has been taken into police custody for an investigation.

Credits ~ ArirangTV.com + Kpopper.com + noV@Kpop Kingdom

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-7-2007 02:18 PM | Show all posts
Avex Live Report BoA ARENA TOUR 2007 'MIT (20)'

Credits : avex live creative + boanjel@BoAjjang + KpopKingdom

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-7-2007 11:48 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2007 10:50 PM | Show all posts
BoA's Official Japanese Blog Images

-- CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE. THANKS --

Credits: BoA's Official Oricon Blog + boanjel@BoAjjang + KpopKingdom

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 09:47 AM | Show all posts
BoA Fasio Summer 2007 Look

Credits: Fasio + boanjel@BoAjjang + KpopKingdom

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 01:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082864 second(s), 45 queries .