Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3803|Reply: 13

Bandwidth

[Copy link]
ieeya This user has been deleted
Post time 9-1-2007 11:00 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by trunks at 17-5-2019 10:54 PM

as network administrator, they need to trace any problem that occur in their network
including accessing bandwidth utilization.

Soalan saya:

(a.) Bagaimana kita nak check bandwidth tersebut?. Maksud sy, adakah kita perlu check packet yg melaluinya?. Jika benar bagaimana?

(b.) Bagaimana untuk kira bandwidth yang digunakan?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-1-2007 03:08 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 ieeya's post

honestly, as network administrator, they should know this thing. otherwise, they are not qualify to be network administrator. if they don't know, they should know how and where to find the info. network administrator should not be IT blind. there are lots of information on the internet and as network administrator, they should use that first (uncle google is working 24 hours and ready to help anytime for free). sorry to be a bit sarcastic but i'm just trying to point out the obvious because all these are part of network administrator job (unless they don't find anything after hours of googling).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-1-2007 07:16 AM | Show all posts

Reply #2 oobi's post

I'm not a network administrator.....I'm just a student....
I need that information for my research...
I'm already searching dat info from google, yahoo and altavista.....but the information that I got is useless........

So, I just asking dat info for those yg ada experience regarding dat topic.....

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2007 08:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 ieeya's post

i don't know what you mean by useless information. based on your small info, it seemed that you don't read a lot. i just went to yahoo and type "monitoring bandwidth" and found a lof of information. below is an example:

Monitoring bandwidth on the WAN.

you may not find everything you need in that page, that's why they called it research. in doing a research, there's no shortcut. a good/great paperwork requires a lot of reading.

if you want to know about packet, you can type "what is packet" and you'll find a lot of information about it. research takes time. i suggest that you start by learning what is bandwidth and go from there. you can find the info on google or wikipedia. once you know what is bandwidth, then you'll learn how to trace and measure it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-1-2007 04:55 PM | Show all posts
Thanks for your advice oobi.....ianya sangat membantu :-)

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2007 11:54 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 ieeya's post

you're welcome very much. rajin-rajinlah membaca.... takkan rugi. lagi banyak kita membaca, lagi banyak kita tak tau.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-1-2007 12:15 PM | Show all posts
Aku setuju ngan oobi....

asking question is good, its part of learning process but make sure our Q do not reflect who we are...

Salah satu kelemahan sistem persokolahan kita ialah pelajar kita tidak diajar cara untuk belajar.... masa zaman aku dulu semua disuap, semua kata guru adalah betul diterima bulat2 - sori lori tajuk skitt....

揋ive a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

Use magic Report

redz01 This user has been deleted
Post time 16-2-2007 05:13 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 ieeya's post

I'm working in a telecommunication company. Although I do sales for connectivity, I did involve in providing reports to our customer on the utilization of the network bandwidth. FYI, we can provide the utilization report of the network for daily/monthly or even yearly basis. The report is in term of the percentage of the bandwidth that the user acquire during for tranferring data and it is in a form of graph. There are actually many tools can be used to measure the utilization of the network. Most popular one is cacti/MRTG (u can surf the web on this). Through this graph we can determine how rapid and when the user use the network or when they are idle. These graf is essential to determine whether the bandwidth that is supplied to the user is enough or not to cater user requirement to transfer data or any accessibility to internet through the network. FYI, I was a business background student and since I join telecommunication company as a sales executive, I've learned a lot of things all by myself and it is interesting. Till now I can fluently explain to my customer on the telecommunication product without any help from our engineer or IT people.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-2-2007 06:18 PM | Show all posts
nak tanya berkenaan dgn bandwith juga tapi dlm kontekts lain. apa pentingnya bandwith ini utk server hosting?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-2-2007 11:21 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 iweed's post

amat penting. the bigger the bandwidth, the better. just think of it like a road. traffic will flow better on highway compare to jalan kampung. so, the bigger bandwitdh you get, the easier for your user to get to your website.

also, some website put a cap on the usage, depending on the package you get. for example, your webhosting provider will give you 10Gb of bandwitdh per month. that means, users can freely get to your website until the count reach 10 Gb. at this point, the access will be blocked automatically and your users will receive a message like "this website has exceeded its monthly bandwidth utilization". the count will reset after certain time. so, if your website will be a high traffic website or a business website, you may want to get a package with a big bandwidth cap or unlimited. otherwise, you don't have to worry so much.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2007 10:12 AM | Show all posts
tenque for the info oobi. cuma confuse satu, biasanya apa yg akan membuatkan bandwith ni exceeded, contohnya utk 10gb bandwith per month tu, berapa ramai user yg dia mampu tampung? saya penah guna satu free hosting 1GB bandwith per month, baru promote kat 10 org, dah bandwith exceeded.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2007 10:35 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 iweed's post

your welcome.

okay, we use your 1 GB per month example. let say you have about 500 MB of data on your website. you give access to 10 users. each user will download about 50 MB daily on average. so, 50 MB times 10 users equals to 500 MB. so, on the first day, you've used 500 MB worth of bandwidth. if your users keep up the same pace, you'd meet your bandwidth limit on the second day of the month. if you started the service on the first of the month, your isp will reset your bandwidth count back to zero on the first of next month.

kira macam nilah. you ada tabung. tabung tu boleh muat 25 keping duit 50 sen. your family akan masukkan duit 50 sen whenever they can dalam tabung tu. once it's full, you need to take it to the bank to empty it. however, the bank will only accept it on the first of every month. so, bila tabung you tu dah penuh, your family has to wait until the first of next month when you're able to empty it to start tabung balik duit 50 sen. hopefully, you get the idea.

[ Last edited by  oobi at 27-2-2007 10:56 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2007 10:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 iweed's post

by the way, it doesn't depend on how many user accessing your website, but rather how much data is being transfered from your website (in bytes).

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2007 10:45 AM | Show all posts
ok thanx again oobi, selama ni i thought it depends on viewers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 09:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071671 second(s), 37 queries .