CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Truth.8

28.02.07 - Great Disaster

[Copy link]
Post time 8-2-2007 05:07 PM | Show all posts
jangan di layan T8 ni.....makin menjadi jadi . kalau i jadi Mod memang i delete thread ni....die ni nak attention je..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-2-2007 06:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by beehijau at 8-2-2007 05:07 PM
jangan di layan T8 ni.....makin menjadi jadi . kalau i jadi Mod memang i delete thread ni....die ni nak attention je..

jealous lah itu.....biaslah ....orang2 muslims mana ada special gift like prohecy .

ini semua specially given to Jews and true Christians,
muslims ? 0

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2007 07:23 PM | Show all posts

haze, droughts, fire and supertyphoon all in one

January 22, 2007 14:13 PM     

Water Scarcity: Major Crisis In The Making

By Melati Mohd Ariff

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 22 (Bernama) -- Talk to any environmental activist these days and you will surely hear a resounding "Yes, it's REAL, we're heading for a major water crisis!"

But just how many of us are fully aware of the nature and the magnitude of the problem looming before us and the fact that the world is simply running out of fresh water. For most of us, there is abundant water supply.

In 2003, the United Nations (UN) issued a warning saying that the world's water shortage was so severe that it could take almost 30 years to eradicate hunger.

The warning was based on a report prepared by the World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP) which combined the efforts of 23 UN agencies. It was a Unesco (UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) undertaking.

The report titled "Water for People, Water for Life" was meant for the Third World Water Forum, held in Kyoto, Japan the same year.

The report states that "by 2020, the average water supply per person worldwide is expected to shrink by one third compared to now" and that "25,000 people will die daily from hunger with an estimated 815 million people suffering from malnutrition".

MORE ALARMING STATISTICS

Realising the urgent need to address the global water crisis, the UN chose water as its theme for the 2003 World Environment Day " Water - Two Billion People are Dying for It!"

The world body in the same year also issued some key facts about water which by right should have raised alarm bells across all walks of life around the globe.

Some of the startling facts include, that within 25 years, half of the world's population could have problem finding enough freshwater for drinking and irrigation.

Currently, over 80 countries, representing 40 per cent of the world's population are subject to serious water shortages. According to the UN, conditions may get worse in the next 50 years as the population numbers grow and global warming disrupts rainfall patterns.

West Asia, the UN said faced the greatest threat whereby over 90 per cent of the region's population was experiencing severe water stress, with water consumption exceeding 10 per cent of renewable freshwater resources.

On the home turf, with severe floods hitting several states in Malaysia, especially Johor which was hit twice in less than a month, the water crisis may be far from anybody's mind right now.

SHRINKING RESOURCE

"Definitely water is a shrinking resource," Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) executive director Dr Loh Chi Leong told Bernama here recently.

He said people seemed to think that there was plenty of water around.

"Even though water covers 75 per cent of the earth's surface, 97.5 per cent of it is salt water, and only 2.5 per cent of the world's water is actually fresh water and even that most of is frozen and some underground.

"It is generally accepted that less than one per cent is readily available for human use. That is what we call potable water, easily accessible. Most of it would be in the form of surface water which are rivers, lakes and so forth and 50 per cent of that is polluted," added Loh.

In some countries, water is fast becoming a regional contention especially when countries share a river, raising the question who has the right to take the water first.

"There is no international agreement on how to deal with water supply when a river flows into different countries. There is possibility that when a crisis occurs, countries may well forget that they are neighbours. That is why the United Nations predict that there will be a war over water. Let's hope that things won't get to that extent but that itself should be a warning," said Loh.

GLOBAL WARMING

Climate change affects our life in many strange ways. Take the glaciers, for example. Many of the world's rivers such as in Asia, the Mekong and the Indus are fed by glaciers.

Normally, glaciers will receive a build-up of snow and ice during the winter months and this will melt slowly in the spring and summer, providing a steady flow of water in the rivers.

What is happening now is that winter snow and glacial ice are melting more rapidly with higher spring temperatures, causing higher spring water levels that can cause flooding and resulting in less water flow in the summer.

"This trend is already happening and it has been in the news in the last three years," said Loh.

As for Malaysia and the surrounding region, he said, some climatologists predicted as much as 20 per cent more rain based on a 1-3 degree increase in global temperature.

However, the extra rain will occur in the form of severe thunderstorms.

"More rain in the form of thunderstorms means there is more surface runoff into rivers, increasing the risk of flooding but less water retained in the soil and vegetation also means less drinking water available," said Loh.

At the same, he said, in combination with the El Nino effects, meteorologists had predicted that 2007 would see the highest global temperatures on record.

"I think this year people will begin to see a lot of weather-related spectacles around the world," he cautioned.

EL NINO IS BACK

Early this month, scientists predicted that 2007 "is likely to be the warmest year on record globally, beating the current record set in 1998".

According to a report in the Environment News Service (ENS) website, scientists at the British Meteorological Office in revealing the "startling forecast" said the potential for a record 2007 would arise from an El Nino warming pattern already established in the Pacific Ocean.

The scientists believe the El Nino will persist through the first few months of 2007.

Echoing the same concern, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) was quoted as saying that the El Nino probably would be most pronounced in the first half of 2007.

El Nino is a weather phenomenon characterised by major temperature fluctuations in surface waters of the tropical Eastern Pacific Ocean. The phenomenon usually occurs around Christmas time in the Pacific Ocean and lasts for several months, but may persist into May and June.

The direct effects of El Nino include drier conditions that could translate into prolonged drought in parts of southeast Asia and Northern Australia, increasing bush fires and worsening haze and decreasing air quality.

El Nino is also blamed for a string of supertyphoons.

Global warming and El Nino in particular may well be at our doorstep, but the worst scenario of climatic change including the water crisis can be prevented if we ACT now!

-- BERNAMA

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2007 07:26 PM | Show all posts

worst without clean water

February 08, 2007 09:49 AM     

How To Avoid A Stressful Water Crisis

By Melati Mohd Ariff

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 8 (Bernama) -- "The Heat is On," is the headline of a local English daily on Wednesday. It's a grim reminder that with each passing day the world is getting warmer and drier.

Whether we like it or not, this means we have to get ready for another round of water cuts and water rationing!

But then again how many of us appreciate the fact that water is not simply a commodity but a vital essence of life and should be appreciated, not wasted.

Often we only realise its significance when our taps run dry. We vow to be more careful with our water consumption but when the taps flow again, we end up contributing to yet another cycle of water wastage.

WATER MANAGEMENT IN QUESTION

Water activist like Prof Dr Chan Ngai Weng has seen and heard it all, especially since the El Nino phenomenon of 1997/1998.

"The El Nino in 1997/1998 not only laid bare the fragility of our water resources but also weaknesses in its management," he said, and painful as this may sound, these are hard facts to Dr Chan who is also the president of Water Watch Penang (WWP), a non-governmental organisation set up at the peak of the water crisis in Penang in 1997.

"With the authorities acknowledging that the majority of our rivers have reached their maximum supply capacity and are polluted to some degree, the top-down approach based on Water Supply Management (WSM) is proven inadequate to manage our water resources in a sustainable manner," he told in an email interview with Bernama.

Dr Chan said that since the 1997/98 El Nino, the government had promised a lot of things and had supposedly put in place many measures to mitigate if not avoid another water crisis in future.

As a result, he said, Malaysians had developed a false sense of security that another El Nino would not impact them as hard as the previous one.

Hence, he added, many had not taken preventive measures to protect themselves against another prolonged drought and water shortage.

"Very few have bothered to invest in rainfall harvesting mechanisms, construct a shallow well or tube well or even increase their water storage volume in their water tanks.

"Even fewer have changed their water consumption patterns by adopting a more water-wise approach when using water. As such, when the next El Nino strikes, we will be hit just as hard, if not worse than we were the last time."

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2007 11:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #42 Truth.8's post

eh...tak jeleslah...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2007 11:48 PM | Show all posts
ape kate forumer sekalian jangan layan si T8 ni.........kalau semua kerjasame tak jadi dia nih....

ps. for T8 - jangan balas post saya ni...not for u

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-2-2007 12:42 AM | Show all posts
Yes, I have the feeling there already.Sooner or later you will open new thread on prediction.

Yes, yes, I have gain some power from God.

kharrrrrr   kharrrrrr    kharrrrrrrr

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-2-2007 01:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by beehijau at 8-2-2007 11:48 PM
ape kate forumer sekalian jangan layan si T8 ni.........kalau semua kerjasame tak jadi dia nih....

ps. for T8 - jangan balas post saya ni...not for u

as usual muslims looks beauty outside but full of venom.

for example ?  beehijau consider like  batu api.

is normal for muslims to api apikan others.

if you not interested, u can berampus

[ Last edited by  Truth.8 at 9-2-2007 01:40 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-2-2007 01:52 AM | Show all posts
eh balas jugak.... jangan la venom venom ..tak baik buruk sangka tau.

berambus lah not berampus

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 01:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by beehijau at 9-2-2007 01:52 AM

Tak bolih salah kan dia , tu lah yang agama dia yang ajar dia untuk maki hamun

kharrrr   kharrrr   kharrrr

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-2-2007 09:44 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by beehijau at 9-2-2007 01:52 AM

apa pula  buruk sangka....memang lah .....islam nampak cantik dlm luaran......tetapi suka mengapi-apikan orang . contohnya sura 5:51

jadi tak heran lah saya..... kamu semua itu katagori sama.....nampak cantik tetapi dlm hati penuh dengan venom

secondly, i do not find this thread stupid  or jgn layan ....
this thread is meant for us to THINK so that we always be God fearing peoples that life is fragile.

[ Last edited by  Truth.8 at 9-2-2007 09:45 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 10:12 AM | Show all posts

Who want to know the God of Bible?

GOD'S EXCEPTIONAL HELP AFTER THE NATURAL DISASTER .
Posted by: "ISchneuing@aol.com" ISchneuing@aol.com ischneuing
Tue Feb 6, 2007 6:06 pm (PST)
GOD'S EXCEPTIONAL HELP AFTER THE NATURAL DISASTER.
There will be indescribable chaos amongst people after I have spoken through
the forces of nature, for they all will fear that the event might repeat
itself and thus live restlessly and afraid amid the ruins caused by the elements
of nature and yet due to My will, which had expressed itself therein. People
will have to go through an appalling time, a time which was hardly ever
experienced by people inhabiting this earth.
Yet it is the time of the end when everything takes place to an exceptional
extent in order to still awaken people. But again, even the natural disaster
will only make a few people think, whereas the majority of people will
indignantly dismiss every belief in a God and Creator, Who allows such destructions
to happen as can be seen by everyone. Yet no-one considers his own behaviour
or how he should behave before God, before Me, to Whom they had merely paid
lip-service without, however, having a living faith in Me or having made
contact with Me.... And only a few will then turn to Me in their great distress,
but these few will also visibly get a taste of My help, I will so obviously
support them that it will strengthen their faith in a Power Which holds their
destiny in the palm of Its hand. Everything only happens in order to let
people find the bond with Me but only ever a few will derive a blessing from the
forthcoming event, for humanity is already too enslaved by My adversary to
turn to Me and appeal for My help. And therefore I cannot reveal Myself to them
either, but I will most certainly do so with those who subsequently take
refuge with Me in their adversity. The severity of suffering will let many pray
more sincerely which makes the fulfilment of their prayers much easier for
Me, because their belief in a God capable of help is evident and because they
will then so beseech Me that I will truly come to help them in their distress.
And then My servants will have ample opportunity to convey My Word to the
people, who will so hungrily accept it as will rarely be found. The
disbelievers, however, will be filled by even more hatred than before towards the
preachers of My Word as well as towards those who visibly experience My help.
But they will not allow themselves to be converted, instead their unkindness
will merely testify to their affiliation with My adversary and will clearly
resist Me and My love, which also wants to win them over but cannot get through
to them.
There will be much adversity and yet, it will not be hopeless, because I can
always be approached in prayer with a request to improve matters and because
I will grant a true prayer in order to reveal Myself to those who are not
entirely enslaved by My adversary. But it has to be left up to people to call
upon Me, and therefore everything has to happen within a natural framework,
yet easily perceptible to people who still harbour a glimmer of faith and to
whom I will reveal Myself so that their faith will not be lost but gain in
strength and intensity. The occasion is ahead of you and cannot prevented by you
since you yourselves don't endeavour making the effort to change your ways,
and since due to your disposition and activities you will bring the time to
fruition. because you yourselves will hasten the end as a result of your
attitude and because the time is fulfilled which you were granted for the maturing
of your souls. Amen

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 12:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 9-2-2007 09:44 AM

apa pula  buruk sangka....memang lah .....islam nampak cantik dlm luaran......tetapi suka mengapi-apikan orang . contohnya sura 5:51

jadi tak heran lah saya..... kamu semua itu katagori sa ...

eh.....relax T8...u ni menggelupur sangat...

cuba relax sikit....tenang tenang

control sikit rase benci dan marah u

nanti BP u naik tau  150/120.....

tak baik generalize.......dosa tau

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 03:00 PM | Show all posts
Truth8, ko boleh meramal nombor ekor tak???? :cak:

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 03:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sedondon at 9-2-2007 03:00 PM
Truth8, ko boleh meramal nombor ekor tak???? :cak:

Jangan kan nombor ekor

nombor kepala pun Truth8 bolih ramal.

Tapi sayang semua ramalan nya hancurrrrrrrr

kharrrrr   kharrrr   kharrrr  

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 04:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #26 Truth.8's post

I think I know what does Truth.8 means. I think what she meant was, it is going to be great day for him, because the day is gonna be hot, really hot for the El Nino and La Nina are taking place...

And those who gonna fly, do take extra precaution, because it is going to be little bit diffiicult to get for ticket, especially during holidays.

Is this correct?

Funny betul, even Jesus cannot predict his final time on earth, but his follower can predict better than him. So, who is the god now, Jesus or Truth.8?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-2-2007 04:45 PM | Show all posts

Reply #57 greekgod's post

"We mortals are like shadow and dust...Shadow and dust, Maximus!"

Sedutan filem Gladiator.

Maybe T8 bajet die lebih dari sekadar 'mortal' cam kita semua..Hebatnya die...

[ Last edited by  rurouni_khairul at 9-2-2007 04:51 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 05:10 PM | Show all posts
:tq:  I bow before thou, oh holy prophet. If you can predict winning lottery numbers, I shalt to be converted to thou Truthism.

In modern world, Lottery Prediction is more convincing than Disaster Prediction.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-2-2007 05:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by beehijau at 9-2-2007 12:55 PM

eh.....relax T8...u ni menggelupur sangat...

cuba relax sikit....tenang tenang

control sikit rase benci dan marah u

nanti BP u naik tau  150/120.....

tak baik genera ...

i am always relax but it seem u not relax , that is why u become batu api here to hasut forummer not to entertain my thread. if you feel my thread is silly, keep silent and not necessary to ask other forummer not to particapate my thread. who are you to ask other not to particapte? did i ever injected other members not to partiicipate other topic if i feel such topic is not worth while to debate? never.

the problem with you muslims, u all pray 5x yet your body feel with venom. go and clean that venom by observing true God of Bible.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2007 05:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 6-2-2007 11:17 PM
Watch!!!!!

In which coutry the great disaster will happen ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 11:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070586 second(s), 42 queries .