Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2460|Reply: 4

JOB-HOPPING

[Copy link]
Post time 22-3-2007 11:56 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
nak tanya pendapat forumers...

what do u guyz think about job-hopping? how long should we stay at a company b4 we can apply for another job and not be called a 'job-hopper' ?

if less than 6 months, ape excuse nak bagi kat interviewer tu ek?... gaji ok, shift ok, but i hate the work culture there. so opposite of what i used to do. rule no 1 mmg tak boleh badmouth prev/current employer kan... so camana nak buat ek?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-3-2007 04:43 PM | Show all posts
Okay...

Let me tell u a couple of stuff..if you are thingking about switching job, pls switch only when u feel that u have learn every single thing that there is to learn there. Gain loads of experience frm that particular company first and when u feel that there is nothing left for you to learn then u decide to find for a more challenging job, based on the exp that u have already obtained frm previous company.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2007 04:52 PM | Show all posts
pastu try to stick with that company for atleast a year.. but let say if you received a better offer while you are on the job, pls dont turn down that offer just because u havent complete your one year yet..

If the interviewer ask why you left the job so soon just tell them that u are not going to let an oppurtunity pass u by just because of the time period..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2007 05:10 PM | Show all posts
It is basically very logic...We should seek for a better oppurtunity every single time. And if you are fully qualified why do u have to wait for a certain period of time..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2007 05:37 PM | Show all posts
thanx rag_doll 4 that insight...

i'm currently at my 4th job. 1st one as a P.A - stayed there 4 10mths b4 i got an offer from a better company, which i stayed 4 about 4 mths coz after that i got a super offer from a global bank. learnt a lot there n gained so much of experience and i was at this particular bank 4 3 years.

the thing is at this new place - a glc islamic bank - i'm not sure what i can gain besides learning how 2 dismiss discrimination frm my own race 4 being competitive & aggressive. the work culture sux and professional ethics does not matter to them. i'm suffering coz i'm not utilising my skills and i'm afraid if stay here longer i'll lose my 'edge'.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

9-6-2024 12:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064168 second(s), 31 queries .