Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: MissLibra

Golf

[Copy link]
Post time 3-12-2007 12:20 PM | Show all posts
New putter helps Saltus clinch Cambodian Open

SIEM REAP: American golfer Bryan Saltus secured his maiden Asian Tour title at the Johnnie Walker Cambodian Open after a solid five-under 67 in the final round yesterday.

Saltus reaped the rewards of his new putter, firing six birdies against a lone bogey for a winning total of 17-under 271 at the Phokeethra Country Club.

The 36-year-old champion walked away with the top prize of US$47,550 and rose to 30th place on the Asian Tour's UBS Order of Merit.  

揟his is awesome. I would like to dedicate this win to Grateful Dead as they have inspired me all the way. Siem Reap is right up my alley so I've enjoyed my time on and off the course this week,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-12-2007 10:23 AM | Show all posts
Immelman: Sun City win a triumph of the mind

SUN CITY: World number 22 Trevor Immelman said his victory in the Nedbank Golf Challenge on Sunday was a triumph of the mind.

Immelman sneaked to a one-stroke victory over European Order of Merit winner Justin Rose of England in a thrilling duel that went down to the final hole.

揑t's hard to describe how much it comes down to your mind at this level,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-12-2007 10:24 AM | Show all posts
Order of Merit title to be decided at season-ending Volvo Masters

BANGKOK: The chase for the Asian Tour's Order of Merit title reaches its climax this week at the season-ending Volvo Masters of Asia, with China's Liang Wenchong and Thailand's Chapchai Nirat locked in battle.

Wenchong, the money leader since May, is dreaming of becoming the first Asian number one from China, but Chapchai can deny him if he pulls off a home victory at the Thai Country Club and Wenchong finishes outside the top three.  

The US$750,000 tournament begins on Thursday and will bring the curtain down on a record-breaking Asian Tour season which included an unprecedented 28 events.

The Chinese star presently leads the UBS Order of Merit race on US$525,570, with the big-hitting Thai trailing by US$95,005 in second.

A cheque of US$135,000 awaits the Volvo winner on Sunday.

While the 24-year-old Chapchai is feeling the strain of competing in his ninth tournament in 10 weeks, he is ready for one final push.  

揚laying at home in Thailand is an advantage because I feel really comfortable with my game. I do not feel any pressure and I will be inspired to play well in front of my home fans,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-12-2007 10:25 AM | Show all posts
Clarke and Westwood recalled for Royal Trophy

BANGKOK: Darren Clarke and Lee Westwood have been named on the European team to play Asia in next year's Royal Trophy, organisers said yesterday.

Members of Europe's 2006 Ryder Cup winning team, Clarke and Westwood were also part of Seve Ballesteros' line-up last year.

Clarke, who partnered Westwood in last year's victory over Asia, said in a statement: 揕ee and I have been through a lot together, and we have learned how to tough it out.  

揥e are very proud of our record as partners.

揘othing less will be good enough this time, because the Asian players are bound to be very hungry for a win.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-12-2007 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Todd recovers from brain surgery to earn PGA Tour card

WINTER GARDEN (Florida): After a 10-year absence and two surgeries to remove a brain tumour the size of a golf ball, Todd Demsey finally made it back to the US PGA Tour on Monday with perhaps the most significant round of his career.

Demsey, a former US college champion and amateur team-mate of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, closed with an eight-under 64 in the sixth and final round of the qualifying tournament to earn one of 26 full-exempt cards next year.  

Frank Lickliter, who opened with consecutive 62s, completed a wire-to-wire week at Orange County National to capture medallist honours at 29-under 403. He won by four shots over Brett Rumford of Australia.

The other non-US players to make it are South Koreans Park Jin and Yang Yong-eun, England's Kenneth Ferrie, New Zealand's Tim Wilkinson, Sweden's Richard S. Johnson and Paraguay's Carlos Franco, Australia's David Lutterus and Spain's Alejandro Canizares.

Demsey was at 19-under 413 and finished eighth at the tournament, which means he likely will start his year at the Sony Open in Honolulu, just five weeks away.

Full-exempt cards were awarded to the top 25 and ties, and Demsey was in a tie for 31st starting the final round. He birdied his first hole and kept right on going, and when his 30-foot birdie putt on the 14th found the bottom of the cup, he knew he was close. Then came his seventh birdie of the day, on the 16th, and Demsey knew he was a lock.  

The cut-off for cards came at 14-under 418.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-12-2007 09:30 AM | Show all posts
Jeev named on Royal Trophy team

BANGKOK: India's Jeev Milkha Singh has been selected for the Asian team to take on Europe in next year's Royal Trophy, organisers said yesterday.

Jeev, this year's Asian Player of the Year and the 2006 Asian Tour Order of Merit winner, was captain Naomichi 揓oe

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-12-2007 03:37 PM | Show all posts
kat kl dah air big break ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-12-2007 07:06 AM | Show all posts
Woods tutup tirai kemenangan

THOUSAND OAKS, California - Tiger Woods mencatat pukulan empat bawah 68 untuk mendominasi pusingan akhir PGA tahun ini.

Dia menewaskan rakan senegara dari Amerika Syarikat, Zach Johnson dengan kelebihan tujuh pukulan pada kejohanan Target World Challenge itu yang bernilai AS$5.75 juta di Sherwood Country Club, kelmarin.

憫Kejohanan ini penutup tahun ini dan saya begitu juga Stevie (kedi) asyik bercakap mengenainya tatkala menghampiri lubang akhir. Tahun ini memang menakjubkan.

憫Saya seronok menyertai banyak kejohanan pada tahun ini. Dan tak sabar rasanya untuk menanti musim baru kelak,拻 kata Woods.

Pada kejohanan itu yang turut disaksikan anggota keluarga termasuk bayi perempuannya, Sam Alexis, Woods menyamai pencapaian rekod Davis Love dengan keseluruhan 22 bawah 266.

憫Saya menikmati permainan dengan asyiknya. Saya rasa seperti dapat melakukan kesemuanya terutama untuk memukul bola ke dalam green,拻 katanya yang akan mendermakan AS$1.3 juta hadiah kemenangan itu kepada yayasannya.

Kemenangannya pada penutup PGA musim ini, kelmarin juga adalah yang keempat dalam tempoh sembilan tahun sejak kejohanan itu diadakan.

Bermain di bawah terik matahari, Woods memulakan saingan kelmarin dengan mendahului enam pukulan dan selepas Jim Furyk membuat bogey pada par empat lubang kedua.

Woods kemudian menjarakkan kedudukan selaku pendahulu dengan mencatat tujuh pukulan.

Namun, Furyk bangkit merapatkan jurang dengan mencatat enam dan birdie pada lubang keempat.

憫Saya sering mengingatkan diri sendiri bahawa saya masih mendahului ketika itu dan pada masa yang sama Jim begitu dekat. Ketika itu masih ada baki sembilan lagi lubang yang perlu dihabiskan,拻 kata Woods selepas tamat perlawanan.

Ketika melakukan putt terakhirnya pada lubang 18, Woods sempat bertanyakan Sam daripada ibunya yang berada tidak jauh daripada lapangan itu.

憫Saya tidak nampak dia semasa bermain. Walaupun saya menang, saya tetap teringatkan dia semasa bermain dan mahu mengetahui keadaannya,拻 ujar Woods.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-12-2007 03:59 PM | Show all posts
Golf:  O'Hern, Felton lead the way

Nick O'Hern.

SYDNEY: Australian Nick O'Hern fired a six-under 66 to join formernational amateur champion Kim Felton in the second round lead of theAustralian Open at The Australian course here yesterday.

[table=200][/table] O'Hern's round included seven birdies and justone bogey to mount a strong challenge for the tournament's StonehavenCup over the weekend.

The 45th-ranked O'Hern has regularly been in contention at his nationalchampionship and was in the identical position back in 1997, leadingafter the second round.

He faded to fifth that year, but feels he now has the experience to win an  Australian Open.

"I was more a deer in the headlights back then," he said.
    "This time ... I know what I've got to do over the weekend to win the  tournament."   

Felton, who turned professional nine years ago, continued his strong start  to his national championship.

"I've only had two bogeys. That is nice on this golf course. I am pretty  much doing what I have to do," Felton said.

Overnight leader Lee Williamson is in a four-way tie for second atseven-under 137 after a roller-coaster round which featured an eagle,five birdies and seven bogeys.

Twice a winner of his nationalOpen, Robert Allenby is also among those a shot back after atwo-under-par 70 that so easily could have been several shots lower.

-PAARL (South Africa): In some of the toughest conditions everexperienced in a professional golf tournament in South Africa, JamesKingston took the lead in the SA Open here yesterday with a two-under142.

Wind has battered this long Cape winelands course for thefirst two rounds and the cut for the top 70 players and ties fell at10-over-par 154, US Open champion Angel Cabrera of Argentina justmaking the weekend with a shot to spare following a 73 yesterday for153.

Kingston, of South Africa, added a 69 to his opening 73. - AFP

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-12-2007 07:35 AM | Show all posts
Dominasi  Woods, Ochoa sukar digugat lawan   

TERUS MANTAP:  Woods tamatkan musim 2007 PGA dengan tujuh gelaran dan rekod hadiah wang tunai AS$10,867,052.

Masing-masing kini duduki tangga nombor satu dunia

TIGERWoods dan Lorena Ochoa yang sentiasa dahagakan kejuaraan adalahindividu dominan sepanjang 2007 walaupun kejohanan utama turutmenampilkan beberapa pemenang yang memeranjatkan.

Woods dan pemain Mexico, Ochoa, masing-masing di tangganombor satu dunia, meraih gelaran grand slam terakhir tahun ini selepassemua enam kejohanan direbut pemenang kali pertama yang berbeza.

Zach Johnson menjulang gelaran utama pertamalelaki musim ini apabila menongkah arus sebelum mengekang cabaransaat-saat akhir rakan senegara Amerika, Woods untuk menjuarai gelaranMasters dengan kemenangan dua pukulan pada April.

Kaki cerut, Angel Cabrera dari Argentina mengikut jejaklangkah itu pada Jun apabila muncul pemain Amerika Selatan keduamenjulang gelaran tertinggi Terbuka Amerika di lapangan Oakmont.

Sebulan selepas itu, pemain Ireland, Padraig Harringtonmenamatkan kemarau penantian lapan tahun pemain Eropah apabilamemenangi permainan play-off dengan pemain Sepanyol, Sergio Garcia diTerbuka British di Carnoustie.

Pemain 18 tahun Amerika, Morgan Pressel melakukan birdie padalubang terakhir untuk muncul juara paling muda dalam kejohanan utamawanita di Kraft Nabisco pada April dan kemudian, pemain Norway SuzannPettersen muncul pemenang dengan satu pukulan di Kejohanan LPGA padaJun.

Tiga minggu kemudian, Ochoa di landasan kejuaraan utamapertama apabila terikat dengan pemain Amerika, Cristie Kerr tatkalapermainan berbaki lima lubang di Wanita Terbuka AS di Southern Pines.

Kerr bagaimanapun, mengatasi pemain Mexico itu pada saat-saatakhir untuk menang dengan kelebihan dua pukulan dan menjadi seoranglagi juara utama untuk kali pertama.

Akibat dorongan tekanan untuk menepati status sebagai pemainnombor satu dunia, Woods dan Ochoa akhirnya meraih kemenangan yangditunggu-tunggu mereka dengan cukup bergaya pada Ogos.

Woods, naib juara bersama dalam dua kejohanan utama tahun ini sebelumberkongsi tempat ke-12 di Terbuka British, menjuarai gelaran ke-59Jelajah PGA dalam Kejohanan PGA di Southern Hills.

Dia menguasai kejohanan itu dengan catatan 63 pukulan padapusingan kedua sebelum menamatkan saingan minggu berkenaan dengankelebihan dua pukulan di depan pesaing terdekat.

Selepas menjadi bapa buat kali pertama pada Jun, Woods jelasgembira menambah kejuaraan utama ke-13 dalam koleksinya. Hanya JackNicklaus, dengan 18 gelaran, mengatasinya.

"Setiap kali memenangi kejohanan major, ia pasti membanggakan, dan ini juga," kata Woods sambil tersenyum lebar.

"Ia perasaan yang tidak pernah saya rasai sebelum ini, denganSam dan Elin juga ada bersama," katanya merujuk kepada isteri dan anakperempuan, Sam-Alexis yang menunggunya menamatkan permainan. "Gelaranini lebih istimewa berbanding yang lalu."

Woods bagaimanapun tidak terhenti selepas itu apabilamemenangi dua daripada tiga kejohanan yang disertai selepas itu danmenamatkan musim 2007 PGA dengan tujuh gelaran dan rekod hadiah wangtunai AS$10,867,052 (RM36.92 juta), sekali gus memberikan dia gelaranPemain Terbaik Tahunan buat kali kesembilan dalam tempoh 11 tahun.

Ochoa pula memintas Woods dengan lapan gelaran dalam Jelajah LPGA pada musim kelimanya sebagai pemain sepenuh masa.

Pemain kelahiran Guadalajara itu pasti tidak akan melupakan2007 apabila dia merampas mahkota pemain Sweden, Annika Sorenstamsebagai pemain nombor satu pada April.

Ochoa akhirnya merangkul kejuaraan utama apabila menangWanita Terbuka British di St Andrews pada Ogos, dengan kelebihan empatpukulan selepas mendahului sejak hari pertama.

"Sukar untuk dipercayai memenangi kejuaraan major pertama danmelakukannya di St Andrews," katanya. "Saya menunggu hari ini sejaksekian lama dan meraikannya dengan ramai ahli keluarga dan kenalan disini. Cukup mengagumkan."

Ochoa, 26, menamatkan kempennya dalam LPGA musim ini denganrekod hadiah kemenangan AS$4,364,994 (RM14.82 juta) apabila menutuptirai kemenangan bulan lalu di Kejohanan ADT dengan kelebihan duapukulan.

Dia turut meraih anugerah Pemain Terbaik LPGA buat musimkedua berturut-turut dan menjadi pemain wanita pertama melepasi tahaphadiah AS$3 juta (RM10.2 juta) setahun. - Reuters

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2008 11:53 AM | Show all posts
sape cni tau kat mane nak beli used iron 7 murah....? aku nak beli aaa.....

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2008 12:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #607 flames's post

Flame,

which season? Golf Channel kat astro shows this reality show since the 1st season...

p.s: How are you doing lately?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2008 12:04 PM | Show all posts

Reply #611 QAX's post

QAX,

brand apa? any specification? graphite/steel...forged?

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2008 12:48 PM | Show all posts

Reply #613 JustWant2Know's post

any brand... preference.. the cheapest.... beginners la... nak main range je...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-1-2008 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Tuesday January 29, 2008

Tiger Woods joins Palmer with his 62nd PGA Tour win

SAN DIEGO: Tiger Woods joined the King and left everyone else at the Buick Invitational feeling like paupers on Sunday.

In his most dominant start to a season, Woods built an 11-shot lead until his game and the fickle weather turned cold on the back nine. A birdie on the last hole gave him a one-under 71 and an eight-shot victory, giving him 62 for his career to tie Arnold Palmer on the US PGA Tour list.

An honour: Tiger Woods shares his trophy with kids from the Tiger Woods Learning Centre after his eight-shot victory in the Buick Invitational on Sunday. - AP
揑抦 sure that there are many, many more coming in the future,

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2008 01:37 PM | Show all posts

Reply #614 QAX's post

QAX,

Loose clubs especially Iron 7 susah nak cari...most of the used club yang jual single item WEDGES aje...PW, AW or SW...

cuba cari kat Golf Shop (RGT/MST/Transview etc) if they have...

Good Luck!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-1-2008 01:05 PM | Show all posts
Sport
2008/01/31

Golf: Tiger hunt moves to the Arabian desert

DUBAI: The golfing elite from Europe and Asia have Tiger Woods in their sights at the Dubai Desert Classic this week hoping to fare better against him than their US counterparts.

The 32-year-old World No 1 flew into the bustling Gulf emirate on Tuesday hot on the heels of a dominating eight-stroke win in his season-opener, the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines in California.

That was his fourth straight tournament win stretching back to the tail-end of last year - and the previous two were by eight and seven shots.

And Woods, fully refreshed after an uncustomary 10-week winter break, left no doubt that he believes he can keep the winning run going as he continues his build-up to the year's first major at the Masters in early April.

"I've always played pretty well coming off breaks," he said after completing his Pro-Am round yesterday.

"I feel fresh and my practice sessions were pretty good. I'm really excited about getting back out and playing, coming over here after playing well last week, really looking forward to teeing it up this week and giving it a go."

Woods has won just the once over the Majlis Course at the Emirates Golf Club - topping Ernie Els in a play-off two years ago - but he likes the layout and has made a long-term commitment to the growth of golf in the region by choosing to design his first course in Dubai.

The chase to take Tiger's scalp will be led by big-hitting Swede Henrik Stenson who edged home in front of both the American and Els in last year's tournament.

Stenson went off the boil in the latter half of last year, but the signs are that he is getting back to his best with runner-up finishes over the last two weeks at Abu Dhabi and Doha.

"It's a nice feeling every time I've been to the club since I won last year," he said.

"You've got the picture in there and you've got your name on the trophy, so it's always nice to come back to the Emirates Golf club when you have won the Desert Classic and at least have a chance to win it twice in a row."

Other world top 20 players teeing off today are Westwood, Spain's Sergio Garcia and South Africa's Ernie Els, the course record holder (61) who will be going for a record fourth Desert Classic win.

In his last seven appearances here Els has recorded two wins, three seconds and two thirds and he fully expects to be in the mix again come Sunday afternoon.

"Last week in South Africa I was working really hard on my golf game and I aim to continue that process in Dubai," he said.

"I love this golf course and I've won this tournament three times, so I always go into it with pretty good vibes. I can't wait to get started now."

The Asian challenge to Woods will be headed by Indian pair Jeev Milkha Singh and Jyoti Randhawa alongside Thailand's Thongchai Jaidee and Chapchai Nirat and Japan's Hideto Tanihara. - AFP

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2008 09:40 AM | Show all posts
2008/02/02
Golf: Sutherland, Warren lead

SCOTTSDALE (Arizona): Kevin Sutherland and Charles Warren both shot six-under 65 on Thursday and are tied for the lead after the first round of the US$6 million (RM20 million) PGA FBR Open.
"You know, obviously you want to get off to a good start, and this is the kind of golf course where the scores are going to be low," Warren said.

"I knew going into the week that you've got to make a lot of birdies and you've got to give yourself a lot of chances, but there's plenty of holes out there where you can make bogey pretty easily."

A 40-minute frost delay pushed the start of play back and the round was eventually suspended due to darkness.

Sutherland had a bogey-free round.
"I just kept making some putts for par and then all of a sudden it clicked again and I started hitting the ball good again," Sutherland said. "Who knows why that happens, but it just -- I putted -- one thing I did do well all day is I putted well."

Rich Beem, Brian Gay and Camilo Villegas are tied for third, one shot adrift of the leaders at five-under 66. Nick O'Hern is also at five-under with four holes left in the first round.

A group of seven golfers, including Kenny Perry and Charles Howell, are at four-under and another 21 players are another shot back.

Phil Mickelson is in that group at three-under along with South Korea's K.J. Choi, Woody Austin and Rory Sabbatini.

A two-time winner here, Mickelson had a pair of bogeys on his first seven holes before catching fire with three birdies and an eagle. He is through 14 holes. -- AFP

kalu kat ESPN  memang aku suka tengok golf ni...... especially PGA tour .. aku masa mula2 main golf - habis tercabut rumput.. tapi skrg.. kira okie la juga..... masih beginner  aku suka nak cuba aje.. lagi pun tak mahal sangat fee nak main tu.. (set golf aku songlap abg aku punya aje   hehe      )

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2008 06:58 PM | Show all posts
Tiger on cloud nine

DUBAI: Tiger Woods sunk a 25-foot birdie putt on the last to edge homeahead of Ernie Els in the Dubai Desert Classic yesterday and win hisfifth straight tournament.  

It was a stunning performance from the world No.1 who had looked out ofsorts and out of the running until producing a magnificent six-under-31on the back nine to overtake a pack of players.  

And it was heartbreak for Els who started the day with a one-strokelead and was four ahead of Woods in what was the big South African'sfirst tournament of the year after a winter break back home.  

His lead had been challenged first by Swedish playing partner anddefending champion Henrik Stenson, who started the day in second onestroke behind him, and then by a tremendous round of 65 from youngcompatriot Louis Oosthuizen but two birdies at 13 and 14 saw him moveback ahead in pole position to win.  

[table=214]        [tr][td]                        [/td][/tr]        [tr][td]All smiles: Tiger Woods posing with the trophy after he won the DubaiDesert Classic yesterday.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2008 11:33 PM | Show all posts
Tiger: I抦 glad I won even without my favourite driver

DUBAI: As if to pile on the agony for his rivals on either side of the Atlantic, Tiger Woods let slip he achieved his seventh victory in eight outings without the aid of his favourite driver.

揑 didn't tell you guys this but I broke my driver on the first tee of the pro-am on Wednesday,

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 11:05 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084089 second(s), 57 queries .