CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: nschek

Taiji Quan is Suitable among Youngs and Old, Do u Agree ??

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 28-6-2007 12:36 AM | Show all posts
It is the Teaching Method that Important ....   at lease my sifu has a lot
of learning way to improve ur Technic..include the Theory of ancient Taijiquan
Book.  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-6-2007 10:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nschek at 28-6-2007 12:22 AM
I stop learning Chen Style Already.. I Stop it because i want to learn smoething
not Showing Off.. and I already found it in this Yang Style...

It sounds crazy but i have not been laerning PUSH HAND within these 4 yrs in
Chen Style. It was because my Sifu didi not like it..

I not really like Push Hand but i realize that without learning the Push Hand..you won't understand Taijiquan Completely.. Do u agree ???

Yes, I know that Chen sifu doesn't teach pushing hand.

Pushing hand is essence of Taiji. If you don't know pushing hand, you cannot say that you know Taiji.
In pushing hand you learn what is loose and what is stiff. You will understand what is Yin and Yang. All the actions are in the pushing hand including fighting skill. If you do not know pushing hand you will never know how to use Taiji in self defense.
You will never understand what is non resistance.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2007 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nschek at 28-6-2007 12:33 AM
I understand that ur not interested in the Old Form of practicing Taijiquan.. Its
very bored . BUT I can tell you this.. If u compare my China Teacher to others..It totally defferent... YAP...: ...

Frankly speaking, I am very lazylah. I have lost the fire to learn. Interest no longer there.
I learned pushing hand because my youngest brother influenced me. He was a keen martial artist.
He had learnt Shaolin (Ng Cho Kuen), Ying Yee Kuen, San Shao and Pushing Hand.
He introduced pushing hand to me and he taught me for a few months before I joined my sifu. My sifu was very selective. He doesn't take stranger. We had limited membership only. I left because most of my Si Hing came to exercise only not into martial art. And my Tai Si Hing doesn't know how to teach. His training method was very boring and not practical.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2007 10:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nschek at 28-6-2007 12:36 AM
It is the Teaching Method that Important ....   at lease my sifu has a lot
of learning way to improve ur Technic..include the Theory of ancient Taijiquan
Book.  

I dunno Chinese lah.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2007 10:30 AM | Show all posts
When I was still around there, a Gwailo guest came to visit us. He resides in Taiwan. He learned Ying Yee, Pa Kua and Taiji from a famous sifu in Taiwan for almost 20 years at that time we met.

He had free style pushing hand sessions with my Tai Si Hing and another Si Hing we called Black Panther. He is an Indian and had been practising for 8 years then. Black Panther was good and he won the pushing hand sparring against the Gwailo. Gwailo spectacle flew out during the sparring. The Gwailo praised BP after the match.

Tai Si Hing didn't do well because he tried to control instead of attacking. BP didn't give face, he was aggressive throwing punches. That was an exciting match. I was disappointed because my sifu didn't show his skill to that Gwailo.

My best Si Hing was Guru, uncle of BP. He learned from my sifu back in the 70's. He was a master in Indian martial art.
We was a big time fighter during his younger days. He had beaten so many martial artistes until he met my sifu. He respected my sifu because he couldn't seperate my sifu thumb away from the pointed finger. So he decided to learn the soft art.

When I joined he was no longer there. I didn't had the opportunity to learn from him. I heard from sifu, Guru was teaching Yoga to a Japanese man. In return the Jap taught him Kendo. After 3 months of practice, they had a sparring match.
The Jap lost to him. Guru used 'jing' in the match. The Jap didn't know jing. The Jap presented a samurai sword to Guru.
Guru gave it to sifu. It is still hanging in sifu's house.

[ Last edited by  SONofODIN at 28-6-2007 10:32 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-6-2007 12:24 AM | Show all posts

Reply #63 SONofODIN's post

Oh ..IC..

Its quiet difficult if u dunno Chinese..   because some words in Chinese Languages will have 2/3
meanning in a single words.  Thats make it difficult to understand ..as my sifu always said to me...

In Taijiquan Push Hand.. u must think "OUT of THE BOX" ..example: If a guy use his both hand pushing u
and he had stand very stabil (Horse Stand)..If u r intercepted it with ur hands and by using the same force,
u already have a fault in Taijiquan Theory.. (Xuang Chong) Double Weight problems..

Actually if u think Out of The Box, u will find out that by accepting the opponent force and reply it in
different direction, ur opponent will be out of ballance wothout using any force at all...

I dunno if u understand what i mean but I try to make it as simple as posible 4 u to understand...

I think we better meet up some time (Yum Cha) ... may be we will understand more about Taijiquan by exchange tought...

[ Last edited by  nschek at 29-6-2007 12:26 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-6-2007 06:24 AM | Show all posts

Reply #66 nschek's post

I know what you mean. That is called non resistance. You must neutralise your opponent's force and use it back against him. Sei Leong Put Chin Kan
If you can combine Aikido and pushing hand then you will become Tin Har Mo Tik.

When you were pushing hand, never allow your opponent to engage into 1st gear. Always keep him on free gear. Then your pushing hand standard will be very high.
I can't do that. Pushing hand is not only about pushing your opponent away. It is about controlling him and make him like a puppet. If you can achieve this then you can consider yourself very skilled in pushing hand. This is my sifu's philosophy.

BTW my sifu is English ed. He doesn't read Chinese. He was a medical doctor.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2007 06:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #66 nschek's post

We can make arrangement with Sam Fung to meet up one day.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-6-2007 11:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #68 SONofODIN's post

I know that ur Sifu was a Medical Doctor, SAm Fung told me.. BUt if we wan to meet up with Sam Fung, I
could not talk about My China Sifu.. Coz Sam Fung and His Chen Style Taijiquan Member would like me
to return back (Tian Hou Gong).

I m not intent to go back, So.. If we talk about that, I won't think he will understand and not really happy
with that. Hope u understand my situation...   Thats why i didn't tell them about me learning the
Push Hand.. But sometime i still go back to visit them..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-6-2007 11:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #67 SONofODIN's post

In my Sifu way.. we didi not pratice ours Push Hand Technic by using Hand.. SO, The idea of using Akido
in Push Hand will not be a proper way for us...

We are praticing using Phizic Theory of Angle and Force to apply to ours Push Hand Technic..
Offcause, we need to understand what is RELAX (XONG)..in order us to detect the froce of the opponent.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 01:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 28-6-2007 10:11 AM

I dunno Chinese lah.

You are banana laa

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/WEILOO%7E2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 06:05 AM | Show all posts

Reply #69 nschek's post

OK no problem.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 06:17 AM | Show all posts

Reply #70 nschek's post

My sifu taught us that too. He called it body mechanic. We were taught to see how unstable our body is. We were also taught projection. Projection is to project our energy into the opponent beyond the action line.

Aikido and Taiji are similar in theory. The combination of this two will enhance your martial art skill. That's why top martial artistes in China combined Taiji, Hsing Yi and Bakua. They are all 'soft' or internal art and can be learnt together.

In learning martial art one has to be open minded to accept other martial arts strong points. My sifu combined Taiji pushing hand and Yi Lik sticking hand. He asked us to combine Aikido foot work too.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 06:17 AM | Show all posts

Reply #71 wei_loon5063's post

Banana also can learn Martial Art ma.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-6-2007 03:31 PM | Show all posts

Reply #73 SONofODIN's post

I agree.. We must open mind to accept others good idea or technic..  but my sifu point is that
we need to learn the basic way 1st.. after we have known the basic and become interrmediate, advance..

After all these..we have the strong basic of Taijiquan as a plate form then consider others martial art.. he didi not want us to be confuse in the beginning coz we are not really understand Taijiquan... u know what i
mean.. My sifu was young..he accept all kind of idea too but he wanted us to be focus at 1st then talk
about others martial art..

My Si Gong (Li He Sheng) was learnning Xin Yi at 1st then the Wu Taijiquan, Lastly the Yang Style Nei Gong
Taijiquan.. He also accept new concept and others martial art too but he also learned the Basic Plate form
very Well at 1st then later change to others martial art...

[ Last edited by  nschek at 30-6-2007 03:33 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 30-6-2007 06:17 AM
Banana also can learn Martial Art ma.

Ya.... I learned tae kwon do and thai kick boxing before... tae kwon do is not very practical la.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-6-2007 07:51 PM | Show all posts

Reply #76 wei_loon5063's post

Why u say like that, If so why u learn Tae Kwan DO????

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 08:53 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nschek at 30-6-2007 07:51 PM
Why u say like that, If so why u learn Tae Kwan DO????

When I learn it I was still young.. then when I grew up, I was intorduced to muay thai and it was more practical than tae kwon do.

I mean... you cant punch face, cant kick leg in tae kwon do when compete.. when in real life, this is the vital and vulnerable part when your life is in danger....

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 10:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 30-6-2007 08:53 PM

When I learn it I was still young.. then when I grew up, I was intorduced to muay thai and it was more practical than tae kwon do.

I mean... you cant punch face, cant kick leg in tae kwon ...

You learned the wrong Tae Kwan Do. What you had learnt was sport version. You should have learnt the combat version.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2007 10:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nschek at 30-6-2007 03:31 PM
I agree.. We must open mind to accept others good idea or technic..  but my sifu point is that
we need to learn the basic way 1st.. after we have known the basic and become interrmed ...

Yes, I know what you mean. You are learning one thing at a time.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 08:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071815 second(s), 47 queries .