CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 6612|Reply: 33

...TANGAN YANG MEMBERI ADALAH LEBIH TERUK...???

[Copy link]
Post time 8-6-2007 02:07 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Di Mekah sendiri ada papan kenyataan memohon agar jangan memberi sedekah.

Sikap terlalu pemurah adakalanya mempunyai akibat negatif. Menggalakkan jenayah.
Jenayah kanak-kanak. Kanak-kanak diculik dan dipotong kaki-tangan, dicacatkan untuk
dijadikan pengemis.

Di pelbagai premis, RnR dll kanak-kanak kelihatan memohon bantuan utk tujuan tertentu.

Malahan, pengemis di Malaysia boleh dikatakan menerima pendapatan purata RM100 sebulan.
Lumayan.

Perlukah kita menjadi masyarakat yang tidak terlalu pemurah atau bagaimana?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-6-2007 02:51 PM | Show all posts
seringkali terdengar golongan yg mengambil kesempatan diatas keperluan yg disediakan.
derma2 + sedekah memang patut diberi kepada org yang sepatutnye, bukan shj sesiapa yg meminta.
kesenangan utk memberi patut diterhadkan juga, bukan utk memberi pandangan buruk ttapi utk mengajar masyarakat.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2007 02:51 PM | Show all posts
hidup adalah fikiran bagi yang tua dan permainan bagi yang muda

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2007 07:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 8-6-2007 02:07 PM

Sikap terlalu pemurah adakalanya mempunyai akibat negatif. Menggalakkan jenayah.
Jenayah kanak-kanak. Kanak-kanak di ...

saya rasa permasalahannya bukan sifat pemurah itu sendiri sebab sifat tersebut memang baik.  tetapi bagaimana sifat tersebut digunakan.
memang banyak masalahnya dalam situasi yang disebutkan di atas.  saya sendiri tak suka beri wang pada pengemis, bukan sebab apa, tapi tak tahu ke mana wang itu dibelanjakan.... kalau kat kedai makan ada budak2 mintak sedekah, saya tak beri wang tapi suruh duduk dan makan (biar dia order apa yang dia nak); sesetengahnya menolak tapi ramai jugak yang makan.

dan banyak lagi cara nak memberi yang tidak meningkatkan masalah sosial / jenayah.  contohnya kepada badan2 sukarela, ataupun kita volunteer masa dan sebagainya....  cuma kena jaga juga sebab banyak perniagaan mengutip derma sekarang ni; kurang dari 10% wang derma sampai kepada yang kita nak tujukan.....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2007 05:42 PM | Show all posts
Charity is a short term solution to a long term problem.

It will save people from dying of hunger but it will promote more poverty in the long run.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 12:22 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 9-6-2007 05:42 PM

It will save people from dying of hunger but it will promote more poverty in the long run.

Muslims must learn to feed the poor and the needy , don't give them money but feed them instead . Feed them means give them food to eat like organize a kenduri style of charity event on a daily or weekly basis and let the poor and the needy go there to get the meals they needed  .... during Ramadhan many people like to do that , handout (nasi bungkus or bubur lambok )  can be found in almost every mosque but muslims tend to be generous only on that particular month ...why not extend to other months as well , why not the whole year around instead !

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 10-6-2007 12:25 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-6-2007 09:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 9-6-2007 05:42 PM

I agree with you if what you refer to Charity as giving money / gift to someone.  It's like the sayings, 'you give a fish to someone, you feed him for a day but if you teach someone to fish then you feed him for his lifetime' - or something like that.  However, I think we should view charity in a broader sense as inhelping someone without expecting a return.  Therefore the charity canbe in many form.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 09:14 AM | Show all posts

2006 Nobel Prize Winner - poverty eradication?

I was reading about the 2006 Nobel Prize winner Dr Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh and also watched an interview with him on TV.  He is an economic lecturer who decided in 1974 that he has to do something about the poverty around him.  Going around the villages around the university that he was teaching in, he felt overwhelmed; not knowing what to do and how to start.  

He asked the poor people he met what they needed to improve their live and take them out of poverty.  Of the 42 people he interviewed he jotted down their requirements and it totaled US27 only (~RM100).  He was perplexed but as the amount is small, instead of writing papers about it or waiting for government support he reached into his pocket and lend these poor people the US27.

He then started to do a lot of microcredits and later founded Grameen Bank with the focus of giving loan to  the poor who usually will not be entertained by commercial banks.  What really struck me was when he was asked, "Do you require guarantor for the loans?"; his reply, "The fact that they are human beings is sufficient to make them eligible for the loan"

That's how he started but among the amazing statistics of his efforts are;
- Since then he has lend US6 Billion out.  That is a lot of money but what's more interesting is that the average loan is only US130 (~RM500).
- 58% of Grameen Bank's customers managed to move out of poverty.  That is >3million people (and not counting their familiies)
- All the children in the families of Grameen (as he refer to his 'customers') must go to school and they provide educational assistance as well.  Some of the children of poverty-stricken families are not graduates, doctors, engineers and other professionals.
- In 2006 Dr Muhammad Yunus (together with Grameen Bank) was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace.  But again he said something that I found profound, "When you help others, you get millions of Nobel Prizes; just seeing them being happy and the children smiling and hugging you."

[ Last edited by  foundation at 10-6-2007 09:15 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-6-2007 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by foundation at 10-6-2007 09:03 AM

I agree with you if what you refer to Charity as giving money / gift to someone.  It's like the sayings, 'you give a fish to someone, you feed him for a day but if you teach someone to fish t ...

In Islam any loan must be for the sole purpose of helping and not for making profit out of the poor and the needy ...so no interest is allowed to be taken from any loan given ... but Grameen loans are not interest-free hence its against the teaching of Islam .

http://www.grameen-info.org/bank/cds.html
Loans are small, but sufficient to finance the micro-enterprises undertaken by borrowers: rice-husking, machine repairing, purchase of rickshaws, buying of milk cows, goats, cloth, pottery etc. The interest rate on all loans is 16 percent. The repayment rate on loans is currently - 95 per cent - due to group pressure and self-interest, as well as the motivation of borrowers.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 11:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blastoff at 10-6-2007 10:10 AM

In Islam any loan must be for the sole purpose of helping and not for making profit out of the poor and the needy ...so no interest is allowed to be taken from any loan given ... but Grameen  ...

Thanks. I stand corrected as I was unaware of the details of Grameen Bank's operations.  Totally agree with you that Interest/usury is haram.   The point I was trying to make is that there are many forms of charity and it can be in the form of a self-sustainable organisation as long as they participate or are designed within allowable parameters (e.g. Islamic Grameen-like Bank?? or any better ideas).

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 01:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by foundation at 10-6-2007 11:52 AM

Thanks. I stand corrected as I was unaware of the details of Grameen Bank's operations.  Totally agree with you that Interest/usury is haram.   The point I was trying to make is that there ar ...

PERDA and KEDA have already come up with a loan that is totally interest-free infact you need only pay them back 70% from the total amout of the loan that you took ... you don't get money but machinery instead for your business operation so the loan is designed to assist a well-operated business owner to run his/her business more efficiently to generate more income..

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 10-6-2007 01:03 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blastoff at 10-6-2007 01:02 PM

PERDA and KEDA have already come up with a loan that is totally interest-free infact you need only pay them back 70% from the total amout of the loan that you took ... you don't get money but ...

Good on them; really encouraging.  But I don't think that's charity as the money is not from personal contribution rather from institutional allocations.  More like subsidies.  But still good if reaches the right recipients and no leakages due to corruptions.

How can individuals do charities that does not lead to long term poverty is a challenge to the society.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2007 09:31 PM | Show all posts
there is a saying give them a rod and teach them to fish, instead of catching the fish for them...moral here - teach them something useful for them to improve their lifes

derma as in what context here? short term - street beggars
long term - country that is hit by poverty

for me myself I believe in Ikhlas in whatever that you do, if I do see someone in a need of some financial, I'll help w/o any questioning what, will they do with the money next? Ever I gave some money to an old man, that looks so desolate, that my heart went out to him, when i turned around a corner, I saw him buying a bottle of beer...do I rebuke him? No~ coz I do not belieeve in being judgemental towards him just because I 'donate' some money to him

Is the hand that rendered assistance worst off...in releasing a chain of reaction? i don't think so, you are your own puppet

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 11:36 AM | Show all posts
lebih kurang ya....dont give a fish to a man but teach them how to fish

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 03:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 seribulan's post

aku selalu ikut kata hati
bila terasa org tu betul2 susah aku aka beri....
bila terasa menipu...aku takkan bagi
pernah jugak menyesal bila balik sbb tak ulur....i

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 03:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 foundation's post

I start a thread about Mohammed Yunus a while back in this board. The title is "Poverty in the world is an artificial ceation".

Try to search for the thread but the search function fails at this moment.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-6-2007 03:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 blastoff's post

Maybe there's a way around this. Sort of changing children's bank into children's foundation (in the US?). The childrens are not legally binded by any contract (as  a child cannot get into a contract). They are  supposed to pay only out of goodwill.

There must be a workaround based on muamalat in Islam to make it legal Islamically.

I'm not sure how but I think Islamic scholar can find a way to make something different (but bring the same benefit) to work.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 03:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dutchy at 10-6-2007 09:31 PM
for me myself I believe in Ikhlas in whatever that you do, if I do see someone in a need of some financial, I'll help w/o any questioning what, will they do with the money next? Ever I gave some money to an old man, that looks so desolate, that my heart went out to him, when i turned around a corner, I saw him buying a bottle of beer...do I rebuke him? No~ coz I do not belieeve in being judgemental towards him just because I 'donate' some money to him

So touching...

It's like a flower bud in your heart, opening,燽lossoming,爁ull燽loom, in full magnificent glory...

valve of love opening,爈iquid爈ove爌ouring爄nto爕our燽eing...

This IS, unconditional love at works...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 04:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 8-6-2007 02:07 PM

Jenayah kanak-kanak. Kanak-kanak di ...

Tak salah memberi asalkan tau apa yang kita bagi tu berpadanan dgn orang itu atau tidak.
saya akan kasi kalau nampak dia berusaha dengan titik peluh dia untuk cari duit mcm org buta atau dia memang tak berupaya langsung

Use magic Report

Post time 11-6-2007 06:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 11-6-2007 03:29 PM
"Poverty in the world is an artificial ceation".

Try to search for the thread but the search function f ...

I like the title and to some extend there a truth to it.  While we globabally produces more than we consume but the problem is unequal distribution.  I you find the link - do let me know

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 12:56 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.091116 second(s), 47 queries .