CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1750|Reply: 0

Why do fruits and flowers lose fragrance when u kept in fridge???

[Copy link]
Post time 30-6-2007 10:04 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
PROF YASH PAL

Why do fruits and flowers lose fragrance when we keep them
          in our fridge?

I congratulate you for discovering this question. I am using the worddiscovering because it did not occur to me till now. It is quitepossible that a lot of people have already discovered it and most ofthem even know the answer. The extent to which we become used toaccepting the world without ever asking why is truly amazing.

I will try guessing the answer to your query. There might be some otherconsiderations that come in. If you think of something let me know. Iwill also think a little more about it.

We smell things because actual molecules travel out and reach thereceptors in our nose. These receptors are like locks that accept onlyspecific keys. They are very particular.

When a reception occurs a signal travels out to our brain giving us thefeeling of a specific smell. There are a thousand or more types ofreceptors, each giving a slightly different sense of smell.

In addition there might be smells we sense through combinations ofdifferent sets of receptors firing. Let me not go on talking about this amazing capability we have to enjoy this world and return to yourquestion. Now the basic answer is easy. Molecules can diffuse out ifthey belong to a material that is volatile

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 04:00 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058701 second(s), 27 queries .