Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 10679|Reply: 60

Can education buy success?

[Copy link]
Post time 29-7-2007 06:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Nowadays parents send their children to tuition classes hoping that their children will score good grades. At school, children are over burdened with homeworks. Parents and teachers alike believe that good grades will land these poor kids better jobs in future. Can education really buy success?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-7-2007 06:47 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 SONofODIN's post

But I know someone who went to UK to study engineering and then came back to help his mother in her business. Isn't that waste of time and money?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 09:29 AM | Show all posts

Reply #2 SONofODIN's post

But I know someone who went to UK to study engineering and then came back to help his mother in her business. Isn't that waste of time and money?

This statement sounds  fimiliar. Opeing tag by promoter of a Skim Cepat Kaya or Direct selling. Watch out guy!
Homo homuni lupus(Latin)

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 11:10 AM | Show all posts
You don't need to go to  or finishcollege to get education and successful. Bill Gates, the billionaire turns humanist,didn't finished Harvard. That does not mean he has no education. Heis self thought man. Frustrated with the system ( nobody can be hispeer in terms of intelligent) he left to pursue his obsession forcomputer programming. He learn ethics (protestant) and the wisdom oflife from his parent ( father a prominent lawyer and mum aneducationist).

I know many ladies with good education opt to stay home to answer the clarion call to become housewife and raise good happy family...Isn't that success?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-7-2007 04:05 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 thamrong's post

Yes indeed, successful housewives. Like my mom and sister.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-7-2007 04:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 thamrong's post

This statement is directed at someone. Waiting for his reply.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-7-2007 05:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 SONofODIN's post

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 11:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 29-7-2007 06:47 AM

dinosori la u.... I`ve been busy moving house and you gossip abnout me in few threadsi.....

But my mum is selling hardwares and has mini factory la..

I am the eldest and my parents are getting old.. I know about the book yo uread... rich dad poor dad.. I read it few years bvack. but I cant invest like you do now....

Need to put lean solution and system in my mum factory and shop laa....

then when it stabilize, then can play bit saham with u

Dono why but seems like I have no luck in exam.. I can work hard and teach all my friend about things in class and even in exam hall I know how to answer but my result aint not that good....

so, to your question....

Education cant buy success... success need to be work hard to get it....

Good grades is a stepping stone... NOT determinant....

I prefer project oriented modules....

as exam restrict your knowledge and capabilities and make you bonded to books...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2007 11:09 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 29-7-2007 04:07 PM
This statement is directed at someone. Waiting for his reply.

the success you mean is financial freedom....

I think now education is like business laa..... higher institution promoting their institution like advertisement... back then people are eager to go into U...

you are right about good grades can buy success?

Some parents are not say proud of their children.. but some use their children to show off to other parents....

waste of time and money? time was not the issue as no matter where I study the duration is the same

money?

pss... my dad strike lottery 200k before I go UK.. so it is magnum give me the scholarship laa.... so my dad`s money was saved

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 29-7-2007 04:05 PM
Yes indeed, successful housewives. Like my mom and sister.

waah.. seems liek you are sorrouned by woman.... your wife your daughter... since you got financial freedom.. don ever think of second son?

but that is the way it is right?

life...

why study kindergarden? to go to good primary school

why study good primary school?

to go to good secondary school

why good secondary school?

to go to good Uni

and get well paid jobs and retire rich and relax.. then wat? wait for death?

then old people start to choose thier religion to live peacefuly in the afterlife....

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 11:43 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 wei_loon5063's post

People with good education is bigger then life. Do not be intimidated if you do not have financial freedom. Remember there is no such thing as financial freedom its only a hype......the truth is financial slavery.
With engineering degree one should walk tall ....I am ready to listen to such person because he has credential!  

Some people make money  by just spending time in the kedai kopi without any office...surrounded by suckers... this is frightning.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 11:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 30-7-2007 11:43 AM
People with good education is bigger then life. Do not be intimidated if you do not have financial freedom. Remember there is no such thing as financial freedom its only a hype......the truth is  ...

are you talking about someone here?   

But this is life....

leaders are slave to power

one of my friend who got work experience for few years but he has only degree and the manager refuse to listen to him as he say he has no master and want to listen to a fresh master graduate with no working experience

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 11:53 AM | Show all posts
Some people make money  by just spending time in the kedai kopi without any office...surrounded by suckers... this is frightning. ...

aint this what financial freedom as odin said?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 12:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 30-7-2007 11:51 AM

are you talking about someone here?   

But this is life....

leaders are slave to power

one of my friend who got work experience for few years but he has only degree an ...

Who want to listen to blokes with strings of degree sitting on his tail when he has no working experience. He should learn how to listen while the boss is doing the talking. Guy with newly minted Masters Degree is equaly bad. I rather listen from the ranks who know his stuffs.
Look my friend! In the military a young punk a 2nd Lt can be a platoon leader but in the event of a battle or firefight he takes advice from the ole furt. Thebattle hardened sargent. Life is like that lo...So do not get despondent.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2007 05:49 PM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 30-7-2007 11:09 AM

pss... my dad strike lottery 200k before I go UK.. so it is magnum give me the scholarship laa.... so my dad`s money was saved

Wah! Very good karma.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-7-2007 05:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 30-7-2007 11:53 AM

aint this what financial freedom as odin said?  

People with financial freedom don't make money in the coffee shop.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-7-2007 05:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 30-7-2007 11:04 AM

dinosori la u.... I`ve been busy moving house and you gossip abnout me in few threadsi.....

But my mum is selling hardwares and has mini factory la..

I am the eldest and  ...

Oooh, not wasted. Hardware is also mechnical engineering.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 06:23 PM | Show all posts

Reply #17 SONofODIN's post

embedded with Financial Engineering too ( valuation, costing , receivable, stock, budget, MBO, IPO...bla bal bal)

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2007 12:23 AM | Show all posts
By thamrong:
Remember there is no such thing as financial freedom its only a hype......the truth is financial slavery

Am in agreement with you there.

Can education buy success? True success cannot be bought. It is a goal and you need to strive and work for it. Otherwise there is no success nor glory.Education is  only one of the ways to achieve it....this is assuming that the goal is other than the education level achieved. To get an education can involve a lot of struggle to some to provide money for it and then learning effort to receive the education. Education in itself cannot ascertain success in later life. It is only a tool which you can use to achieve your goal.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2007 12:42 AM | Show all posts
People with good education is bigger then life. Do not be intimidated if you do not have financial freedom. Remember there is no such thing as financial freedom its only a hype......the truth is牋...

Let's go to a remote island...

Lives freely...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 03:17 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082798 second(s), 46 queries .