What is knowledge?

[Copy link]
Post time 25-3-2006 03:16 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Philosophy.

I have to question to post to all.

What is knowledge?

What is rationality?

Is there such thing as knowledge?

Is rationality the ultimate source of knowledge?

R6

[ Last edited by RainbowSix at 25-3-2006 03:17 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-3-2006 08:41 AM | Show all posts
knowledge is power..:cak:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-3-2006 06:34 PM | Show all posts
well, I like this quote...

To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-3-2006 09:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RainbowSix at 25-3-2006 03:16 AM
Philosophy.

I have to question to post to all.

What is knowledge?

What is rationality?

R6

rationality cannot be the ultimate source of knowledge as to raitonalise one needs to have knowledge in the first place.  rationality does lead to increase in a for of knowledge

my 2 cents

Use magic Report

woklang This user has been deleted
Post time 29-3-2006 03:38 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 RainbowSix's post

knowledge come from information

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:31 PM | Show all posts
knowledge is everything

natural and unnatural

hidden or unhidden

behold and there is it.

what u do not know is considered knowledge too

what did  u know is ur 'stock' of knowledge

past knowledge is in memory, future knowledge is in mystery, current knowledge is in destiny

rationality only appears to mankind. rationality only belongs to mankind. rationality only applied to mankind.

it does not concern to other creation than mankind.

rationality appeals to judgement, reasoning or the brain work of mankind. rationality is the sum of average mind, the majority mind, the masses mind. the supernatural, the miracles, the 'magic' does not fit into 'average' mind.

rationality belongs to average knowledge, average intelligence. when u can amass super knowledge, succeeded in discerning each of em , u become supermind and rationality then serve no purpose.

the source of knowlege is GOD.

but i think u better emphasised the way of knowledge blossoming, that is self propelling, the more u think the greater amount it becomes. knowledge is for self. when it is shared it is called information, at least got to be another soul so there will become a communique.

rationality is non artistic part of knowledge. very down to earth, no appeal, no flavour..biasaaaaaaaaaa jek, makanan bayi. wsalam.

[ Last edited by  ajinomotonosuga at 5-4-2006 03:43 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-4-2006 02:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by woklang at 29-3-2006 03:38 PM
knowledge come from information

u got informed but u ACQUIRED knowledge.

depa sama tapi tak serupa.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 ajinomotonosuga's post

ahlan wasahlan onyang.. lama tak nampak onyang.. windu pulak ngan nick onyang

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-4-2006 02:36 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 mysara's post

onyang tu apa maksudnya mysara?
btw bagus betul pendapat abg aji pasal knowledge ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mysara at 4-4-2006 02:34 PM
ahlan wasahlan onyang.. lama tak nampak onyang.. windu pulak ngan nick onyang

ahlan dahlan zainudin cigu..aikkk miss nick jek ke..oangnya tak miss ke hihihihi

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:40 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 crayzee's post

hehehe... panggilan unik sara utk onyang tu lar

sbb beliau tuh onyang.. maka general knowledge dia mmg berfalsafah :lol

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 ajinomotonosuga's post

ehehehe... sara pun lama jugak tak jenguk Cari neh... asyik camping.. asyik study week... bile ler zaman student nih nak habis :kant:

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:43 PM | Show all posts
Kau hanya akan menghargai aku setelah kau merasai kehilanganku.

chewahhhhhh....hohoho hihihi

onyang tu maksud dia tok wan..mentang2 aku dah beruban..tak bayek cigu tau

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 02:45 PM | Show all posts

Reply #13 ajinomotonosuga's post

alaaaaaaaaaaaa.. kata kuat mental
baru panggil onyang dah kata kita tak baik
nanti kita panggil onyang.. my great great great great great grandfather baru tau

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2006 03:18 PM | Show all posts
to know is to bow
to understand will enhance
to observe is being reserved
to discern will make u concern
to think and  nothing is stink
to love and u are beloved

these are the ESSENCES of life, the nuts and bolts of love and the its only product is called beauty.

[ Last edited by  ajinomotonosuga at 5-4-2006 03:45 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-4-2006 10:49 AM | Show all posts
My definition of knowledge is useful information attained through experience and study that can be turned to the benefit of all mankind. Its not comprehensive.

There are instances where knowledge is attained through exchange of experience and arguments among scholars. However, I dont totally agree with knowledge attained as a product of argument. Some say, this is rationality. Rationality is not absolute truth, therefore its not knowledge.

Rationality is a product of reason that has limitation. For instance, the continuopus argument about whether we are a creation or the existence of a Creator. Our cognitive capacity does not have the ability to comprehend what creation is. As for the none-believers, absolute truth lies with rationality.

R6

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-4-2006 02:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ajinomotonosuga at 4-4-2006 02:33 PM

u got informed but u ACQUIRED knowledge.

depa sama tapi tak serupa.

u acquired information?
u got knowledge?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-4-2006 06:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 5-4-2006 02:11 PM

u acquired information?
u got knowledge?

to acquire denotes EFFORT esp the function of BRAIN

tangan yang memberi lebih  baik dari yang menerima ,tapi sebelum dia dapat memberi...camna dia acquire pemberiannya?

sesapa pun terima maklumat , kebarangkalian masuk kiri kuo kanan itu tinggi tetapi sesapa berdaya berusaha memahami maklumat kebarangkalian penemuan, discovering, acquiring new method new theory new understanding itu tinggi

the impact of thinking is to hotten up the mind, vibration makin kuat, berdengung dengung , makin power, mind makin luas then berlomba lomba 'new info' masuk

information is an understandable data, it is the 'cooked data' while data is the raw information. it is a bitsy of any knowledge

kalau kita acquire harta, kita belanjakan lama2 dia habis tapi kalau kita acquire knowledge dan kita belanjakan dia makin banyak..this is the attribute of knowledge, this is AN INFORMATION. when it reach some of u ppl mind, some of u maybe take it at point blank..no more no less but maybe some of you will THINK of it, refine it, adding anything etc.

nobody knows who was the first to discover television, ppl will argue till end of time. but the japanese is so good at refining what they 'receive' as what we understand the so called the westernisation of japan. it doesnt bother me WHO,WHAT but only HOW.

information is regarding what, knowledge is regarding HOW. information is short term short lived but knowledge is a destiny, infinite.

i inform u that u are the children of GOD. to understand me, u need knowledge. i dont mean  children in term of parenting

u cannot understand with merely having  lot of information, u have to seek knowledge. the EFFORT must be shown , u must EARN in order to LEARN, this maybe the age of information but MANKIND long since has become the stock of knowledge amongs GOD creatures. Information is static while knowledge is active. when u think u will know, then when u think and do u will understand, then when u think u do u understand u will feel. finally u just think and it happens.it grows.

the whole quran at first level is an information , a guide. in deeper level it is ocean of knowledge BUT human must acquire
most of us merely reacting not thinking, but we are mistakenly 'think' we are thinking. the fruit of thinking, it must be 'new' to us. banyak jenis buah pelbagai nama but still depa seme buah buahan jua.

oang berbudi kita berbahasa, orang memberi kita akan mudah lupa. itu sifat azali manusia, selalu lalai esp things depa dapat percuma , tak caya tenguk udara yang kita sedut, makin kotor. kerna itu antara manusia dan manusia, bab memberi pun kene difikirkan 'teknik' agar manusia tu tak mudah lupa, contoh dalam mendewasakan anak anak. Pasal tu penekanan saya ialah soal teknik pembelajaran, the art of educating humankind.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 6-4-2006 12:14 PM | Show all posts
What is knowledge?

At this point in my search, I would say that knowledge is TRUTH. The ultimate TRUTH  belongs to GOD.

What is rationality?

It is a   passage or means  to acquiring knowledge.  It is related to the function of the mind - thinking- rather than  intuition or emotion and is  therefore subject to human capacity for inquiry. Knowledge would therefore grow and develop with man's capacity for rational thinking.

Yup.

Ultimate source of knowledge is GOD. Rationality is only a way to acquire knowledge and a very important one too.

Truely, my very own thoughts....................................:hmm::hmm:

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 6-4-2006 12:17 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-4-2006 04:57 PM | Show all posts
Histroy is littered with philosophers who sought to attain followers with their definition. Socrates, Rene Descarte, John Locke are some great western thinkers who debated at one point of time.

R6

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 12:19 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.106701 second(s), 57 queries .