CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: matmin77

Proton Prototype (before launching model)

[Copy link]
Post time 30-7-2009 12:17 AM | Show all posts
2009 Proton Satria NEO R3 S2000 (Felda Rally Team)

Karamjit Singh

Sources : http://rallypert.blogspot.com/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-7-2009 12:49 PM | Show all posts
karamjit tak race kat rally asia pacific lg ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2009 11:06 PM | Show all posts
July 28, 2009
Proton Exora blooms in town

Seven seats, engineered by Lotus and at a price of under $60,000
The Exora will be the new cheap MPV

By Andy Hum in Jakarta, Indonesia

Proton’s first MPV has arrived in Singapore with a price tag of $57,999 with COE. Called ‘Exora’, it will mainly rival the aging $67,000 Kia Carens.

It comes with a 1.6-litre ‘CamPro CPS’ engine made by Proton, with the aid of Lotus, and a new modular chassis, also developed with the help of Lotus. The in-line four powerplant generates 125hp and 150Nm of torque, helping the nearly 1.4-tonne Exora get from 0-100km/h in 15.5 seconds.

We got to test drive the new Exora in Jakarta recently and also spoke to lead engineer for the Proton Exora project, Mohd Najib bin Mahmood about how they flexed their owner muscles with Lotus, a two-door coupe and their plans for the near future.

Interview with Mohd Najib bin Mahmood, lead engineer, Platform Management Division

CB: How did Lotus help to develop this car?

Najib: Lotus is good in chassis engineering, setting up the suspension of the car, NVH, and also for ride and handling. Lotus came to Malaysia during its early development stages to test, calibrate and tune the chassis, and it was further developed in the UK to troubleshoot any parameters.

CB: What took Proton so long to come up with an MPV?

Najib: Actually, this is our fourth attempt to introduce an MPV. But this is the one that really makes us proud. It has a very intelligent platform that we developed for Proton so that in the near future, we can derive a number of cars from it. From this platform, we can produce sedans, large cars and SUVs.

At this point, Najib shares that a medium-segment sedan prototype is already being tested.

CB: Why was it not engineered to achieve a five-star crash test result?

Najib: We achieved a four-star rating with the body compartment, but in order to achieve five stars, it requires additional side and curtain airbags. The most important thing is the body; the strength of the A- and B-pillars, side bars and the roof have already higher safety ratings. Introducing those airbags will increase the cost of the car. The most important are the driver and passenger’s airbags.

CB: Will there be a two-door coupe based on this platform?

Najib: Yes, in fact we are just waiting for direction from our management. If they want it, this platform can be used.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2009 12:30 AM | Show all posts
Putra replacement model??

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2009 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Waja Replacement Model

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2009 03:05 PM | Show all posts

Maksud aku statement nie...ikut logik mcm Putra jer...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-7-2009 03:19 PM | Show all posts
yg sedang ditest tu waja replacement model, yg bakal dibuat adalah Coupe, tapi tu pun kalau Management nak ler... tataula bila... btw aku ambik artikel nih dari site singapore.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-7-2009 04:24 PM | Show all posts

Maksud aku statement nie...ikut logik mcm Putra jer...
danedzya Post at 31-7-2009 15:05

Selepas Waja Replacement dan Savvy Replacement kemungkinan Putra Replacement.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-8-2009 10:21 PM | Show all posts
MEM Proton Satria Neo Super 2000

Spec Sheets

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2009 04:20 PM | Show all posts
Proton Waja & Perdana Replacement Details

ryder_78

Hi Datuk,

It is very rare for a prominent figure to join in the discussion forums and interact with the public, and we do appreciate your participation here. Looks like you've already got many questions with your first posting which has further demonstrated the popularity of your presence from enthusiastic forummers.

I am just particularly interested in the Waja replacement that I heard is due in 2010 and would appreciate if you can reveal further details on the partnership with MMC. It may not be within your capacity to comment on this matter publicly so I will understand if you cannot respond to this question. Details that I am interested to know is whether the Waja will adopt the current Mitsubishi Lancer's platform in having a completely similar body and chassis, or whether it will come with the 2.0L engine or the current 1.6 CPS engine as found in the Waja and Exora.

Secondly, I sincerely hope that Proton will strive to at least revise the appearance of the current model in every 4-5 years, if not introduce all-new models. The Perdana has been around for more than 13 years if I'm not mistaken, and the Waja has been revised 3 times(first model with the Mitsubishi engine, 2nd revision Campro engine with some added safety features and 3rd revision with CPS) but the body looks exactly similar. What consumers want is a model that is not only upgraded in terms of specifications and features but in the looks department as well. People will get bored sometimes looking at the same car for too long, and this gives Proton an image that it is not doing enough when compared to the Japanese whereby car body shapes are changed in every 4 years in average.

Lastly, please come up with exciting sporty and aerodynamic shapes in the 1.6 to 2.0 litre category sedan segments. We want Malaysian vehicles to project a good image to the competitors and show the world we not only make quality cars but beautiful cars as well. I would like to congratulate Proton with the Exora as I felt the MPV looks much better than the boxy Avanza, Innova and Grand Livina, and the drive performance was claimed to be superior to these Japanese MPVs. I hope the same can be done with the Waja. Let the Malaysian roads be filled with beautiful Proton cars and not plain boxy cars.

Last but not the least, it would be really great if Proton engineers can tune the vehicles close to achieving European handling and driving dynamics like, say the Ford Focus or Peugeot 407. Sorry......I think I"m asking for mission impossible. :-)

Thank you in advance.

Syed Zainal

Dear Ryder 78,

Thank you for your post. If I may share, if there is one prominent figure who interacts with public in this kind of forum, then our own PROTON advisor, Tun Mahathir, has led the way much earlier plunging into the new media. Now that is a stateman who could shed a lot of wisdom and insight. I have a lot of grounds to catch.

The ford vehicle dynamics team is definitely an industrial benchmark, even the fiesta for that matter defines a refined handling that are well-balanced with its ride. This may be due to the demand and driving skills of their customers in Europe. I recall one of my colleagues who came down from Andorra, a small country in the highlands of the Pyrenees, to Barcelona got overtaken by several others. And he was driving down on a road similar to Genting-Gombak at 130kph.

Now i see that the next step forward for proton is into refining its element of handling. To do this we have to upgrade our man, machine and method that we employ in developing RNH.

Last year, we have invested to acquire instruments that bring us similar or close to what our Lotus colleagues have. Our boys in RNH have been shuttling back and forth to Hethel not only to improve their subjective assessment but also a more data-based RNH development.

You are right Ryder on the product life cycle. We intent to do full model change every 5 years. In between, there shall be cosmetic change and facelift to keep the product exciting.

On the Waja replacement, lets just keep the suspense on for the moment.

Thank-you
Syed Zainal

ryder_78

Dear Datuk Syed,

Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive response. With the acquisition of new advanced equipment last year in an attempt to improve handling, I hope the new batch of Waja will have better driving dynamics and improved all-round quality. It's about time Proton comes out of age and put the "katak di bawah tempurung" image behind by keeping up with the competitors in terms of technological advancement.

I am looking forward to this new Waja and hopefully it would meet the peoples' expectations and further propel Proton into the right direction. Hopefully the suspense is worth waiting for.

Thank you.

Sources : http://www.motortrader.com.my/

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2009 10:41 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 5-8-2009 10:43

Campro CPS

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2009 03:42 PM | Show all posts
Petronas Annual Report (2001)

PETRONAS CEO, Hassan Merican is the chairman of PROTON in year 2001 during the development of PROTON WAJA that time

PROTON WAJA development report in year 2001

PROTON shareholders in year 2001

Proton Annual Report (2008)

PROTON Asset in year 2008

PROTON Shareholders in year 2008

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2009 06:57 PM | Show all posts
1152# HangPC2

Ooooo gitu ke.... maklumat menarik

Tapi.... kenapalah WAJA di-design dengan "HIDUNG" di bonnet / hood -nya?

Use magic Report

Post time 6-8-2009 01:38 PM | Show all posts
cantiknye design campro tuh..
camne la nak buahkan idea gitu gaya..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-8-2009 03:59 PM | Show all posts
cantiknye design campro tuh..
camne la nak buahkan idea gitu gaya..
dune1989 Post at 6-8-2009 13:38

http://h-oo-k.me.uk/proton-campro-cps-lungs/

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2009 10:30 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-8-2009 09:51 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 22-8-2009 09:53

Proreka Demo Car (Proton Waja)

Use magic Report

Post time 31-8-2009 03:45 AM | Show all posts

http://www.1malaysia-proton.com/

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2009 09:17 PM | Show all posts
nak tanye pendapat  korang,

semalam teman ada borak ngan member teman,
sekalituh teman cite pasal proton,
deme nih kata yang proton bikin enjin Campro nih enjin teknologi lama,
kira patern campro nih orang dah tak pakai dah,
pastu deme kata yang proton nih silap langkah,
kenapa proton pegi beli syarikat Lotus tuh hu4..
teman diam la sebab teman takde ilmu itu,
betul ke enjin campro nih tak sehebat enjin2 yang dibikin oleh car manufacturer yg laen?
atau kawan teman nih sekadar berceloteh kosong je..
tolong ceghite kat teman ni..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2009 08:14 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by HangPC2 at 12-9-2009 09:20

Intuos Delivers Smooth Strokes for Car Design

Damian revolutionizes Coventry University with Intuos

For industrial design rendering, the beauty of each stroke is extremely important. If you were doing it on paper, then one mistake, one bad stroke means you’d have to throw away the entire drawing. On the computer you can simply undo those strokes, but before the pen tablet, rendering was very difficult. So when Damian discovered the Intuos1 and Corel Painter 5 at an Apple Center in London, he bought it immediately.

In 1997 neither students nor professors at Britain’s Coventry University had heard of pen tablets nor Corel Painter. Damian’s drawings amazed his professors because the combination of an Intuos stylus and Corel Painter allowed him to do line-drawing and color-rendering digitally, but amazingly looks natural. He taught his professors the rendering technique he developed using the pen tablet, and they began teaching the other students at Coventry. After becoming head of design at Malaysian automaker Proton, he became a freelance designer.

http://www.proton.com

Now he uses Intuos2 12x12 and Corel Painter8

An unlimited number of colors

“Rendering with Intuos and Painter, you can use an unlimited number of colors and strokes. On the other hand, with traditional markers, you can use only a maximum of 400 colors. In Corel Painter, you can enlarge and shrink the brush size very quickly and frequently with ease.”

12x12 size is ideal for car and Industrial designers working with 19" inch or larger monitor

Working with a 19” inch or larger monitor, a 12x12 size tablet makes reaching tools and moving objects or points much faster in a large working space. For those who don’t use Corel Painter, the 12x12 size makes working with large Bezier curve and incrementally small free-rotation or adjustment in Illustrator an ease. According to Damian, "the 12x12 tablet is the best size for rendering and working with large Bezier curves because of it’s 1:1 relation with the tablet and monitor, giving you full control.”

Looking forward to draw with future Intuos3 12x12

larger than that of the Intuos2 which significantly improves the comfort of my forearm and thus makes my 'designer's stroke' much more natural. Furthermore, the friction between the stylus' pen-tip and the surface of the tablet has nice grain texture and weight feel to it, so it feels much more like traditional paper and pen. The ergonomic design is great! It's so natural! If sometime in the future Wacom develops a 12x12 Intuos3, I'd definitely love to use it!"

Damian Chia

Automotive designer in Malaysia

Born and raised in Brunei, he attended high school in Australia before moving to the UK to get his bachelor’s in Automotive Engineering in 1996 from Loughborough University and a master’s degree in Transport Design from Coventry University in 1998. Freelance automotive designer Damian Chia is truly an international man. From the start of his journey around the world, he has been interested in one thing: cars.
Since he was ten years old, he has been drawing, sketching, imagining new cars, and now this young man is innovative Asian automotive designers.

Sources : http://www.wacom.com.my/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 09:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078850 second(s), 40 queries .