Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2492|Reply: 11

How to make it stable

[Copy link]
Post time 5-9-2007 01:24 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear All,

I am doing a research now...I am trying to calculate the time that  I need in order to get the curing of the adhesive for particleboard production and I am using oil boiler.The thing is the oil boiler is unstable...I need to set the time at 170 celcius, but it keep changing.What should I do

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2007 02:59 PM | Show all posts
I have no idea..........

Use magic Report

Post time 5-9-2007 10:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 5-9-2007 01:24 PM
Dear All,

I am doing a research now...I am trying to calculate the time that  I need in order to get the curing of the adhesive for particleboard production and I am using oil boiler.The thing is the oil boiler is unstable...I need to set the time at 170 celcius, but it keep changing.What should I do

wat is oil boiler?

try to use stirrer with motor

Use magic Report

langau03 This user has been deleted
Post time 6-9-2007 09:48 PM | Show all posts
tak paham

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 7-9-2007 08:56 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 cipanbakar's post

Oil boiler means the tool that has been used to heat the oil which the temperature can be set as desired, but unfortunately the tool in the laboratory cannot be used and I have changed the method to heat the oil using the hot plate...Unfortunately, when it reached the desired temperature, it cannot be balanced at that temperature at all time....any suggestion?.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 09:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 7-9-2007 08:56 AM

Oil boiler means the tool that has been used to heat the oil which the temperature can be set as desired, but unfortunately the tool in the laboratory cannot be used and I have changed the method to heat the oil using the hot plate...Unfortunately, when it reached the desired temperature, it cannot be balanced at that temperature at all time....any suggestion?.

adhesive eh.. r u using resol reaction (phenol-formaldehyde in alkaline condition)?

to make the temp stable, u need to stir it so the solution will be more homogenous and u can manage to balance the temp plus minus 2 degrees. magnetic stirrer cannot use since u got the hot plate at the bottom. so use stirrer with motor at the top and the stirrer must be attached with suitable fin(sambung kat bawah) to amplify the stirring effect. try this sh1t:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
langau03 This user has been deleted
Post time 7-9-2007 07:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 cipanbakar's post

eeiiiii.. nampak mcm muntah laa  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-9-2007 01:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cipanbakar at 7-9-2007 09:31 AM

adhesive eh.. r u using resol reaction (phenol-formaldehyde in alkaline condition)?

to make the temp stable, u need to stir it so the solution will be more homogenous and u can manage to b ...

No, I am using UF...I mixed with 10% w/w Dricon (fire retardant). My intention was to know the influences of fire retardant to the curing period of the resin.In order to know the curing time, I have to set the oil temperature at 170 dgree celcius.The problem now is to make the oil temperature constantly 170 degree celcius...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-9-2007 11:11 PM | Show all posts
the problem is the burner or the mixture?

additive can affect curing time eh? i think since there is no reaction between additive and the resin so it wont affect the curing time. just my seposen

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2007 11:40 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 eastrun's post

masalah oil boiler ker, oil boiler nih pakai fuel burner atau elektrikal heater???

Cuba check oil yang digunakan dalam oil boiler tuh... adakah oil baru atau oil lama, atau pun check dia punya suhu maximum oil tuh...kalau oil yang lama, ia mudah leak dan absorb wap air...sebab kalau oil itu ada mix dengan air.. suhu lebih 100 akan wujud 2 fasa..kalau lebih 150 oC, keadaan akan lebih kritikal..
lagi satu, cuba check thermocouple, sometimes thermocouple mudah rosak...
dan satu lagi..seperti cipan sebut, check diapunya fuel burner, diapunya gas flowrate consistent atau tidak..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-9-2007 09:02 AM | Show all posts

Reply #9 cipanbakar's post

The problem is the oil...Really hard to make it stays 170oC always...When I mixed the adhesive with the inorganic salts, the inorganic salts did influenced the curing time of the resin, but, certainly, the output is different...Reason is the temperature of the oil is changing all the time...

I used electrical heater..I have set the heater to ~170oC, but still it failed to make the temperature of the oil stays 170oC.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2007 10:41 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 eastrun's post

aku tolong jawab sikit..
kalau pakai electrical heater, dia punya heating element respon perlahan sikit, berbanding dengan fuel burner, lebih2 jika hang guna untuk sesuatu reaction yang produce or consume heat.. Cuba check hang punya mixing/reaction tuh, rasanya kalau mixing/reaction melibatkan polymer perlukan banyak haba, tapi apa pun check dia jenis mixing/reaction, sebab melibatkan inorganic salt, highly active..
untuk atasi hang punya masalah, hang perlu heating equipment that fast response atau hang kena design balik, kat mana nak buat mixing tuh...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 10:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066941 second(s), 38 queries .