CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 4445|Reply: 5

Ethnic cleansing by the Srin Lankan Government

Close [Copy link]
Post time 6-9-2007 08:07 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

After the government forces took control of a small island off the Jaffna peninsula 210 Tamils have disappeared and 365 persons have been massacred.
- Statement of a non-governmental organization at UN Commission on Human Rights (48th Session January 1992)

"We condemn the actions of the Sri Lanka government as a gross violation of humanitarian law, intended to terrorise the Tamil people into submission. We call upon President Chandrika Kumaratunga and the Sri Lanka government to stop committing these crimes against humanity."
- Humanitarian Law Project, International Educational Development, Inc. (12 July 1995)

"Seventeen innocent civilians, mostly children and aged, killed on the spot. Sixty seriously wounded and many houses damaged... They executed this disaster with their two newly acquired MI24 helocopters..."
- Rev. Dr. S.J. Emmanuel, Vicar General, Jaffna Diocese (14 April 1996)

http://www.tamilnation.org/images/indictment/060814chencholai.jpg

This is how minorities are done away by the corridors of power in Sri Lanka

[ Last edited by  barney50 at 6-9-2007 08:45 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 6-9-2007 08:41 PM | Show all posts
Hindutva Terrorists

Small village in Bhandara district in Maharashtra has been focus of attention when four member of one dalit family was slaughtered on 29th September 29th, 2006 in bhandara district. Victims are Bhaiyyalal Bhotmange抯 wife surekha, 44, his daughter priyanka, 18, sons, roshan, 23, and sudhir, 21.The fact finding team of vidarbha Jan Andolan Samiti visited on 6th October to village kherlanji to know the details of this barbaric killing and they were shocked to learn that , Bhaiyyalal`s wife surekha, 44, his daughter priyanka, 18, sons, roshan, 23, and sudhir, 21, were first stripped naked, dragged from their hut to the choupal 500 meters away and hacked to death by the entire village of the so called upper-castes. vJAS has moved with the fact finding committee report to national human rights commission(nhrc) for independent probe of this dalit massacred as all political parties and local administration are covering up the matter as till date no mla or mp from bhandara has visited the village or Bhaiyyalal, more than a week after the gruesome killing took place. Two mlas from Nagpur, ostensibly sent by the congress higher-ups, visited kherlanji, but did not make any noise. The police are not acting fast and the only two prime witnesses are under threat. Not a single villager抯 statement has been recorded. Neighboring villages are living with fear and terror, especially the minority lower castes dalit to dared to demand the right of land were slaughtered in order to give other dalit in villages of Mowadi taluka of bhandara district .

http://kherlanji.blogspot.com/

[ Last edited by  DARSITA at 6-9-2007 08:22 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-9-2007 08:56 PM | Show all posts

March 24, 2003
Nadimarg Massacre
At 2:30am on March 24, 2003, minority Hindus in the village of Nandimarg in Kulgam-Shopian belt in southern part of Kashmir Valley, 70 km away from Srinagar, were pulled out of their homes, assembled under a Chinar tree and mowed down by bullets sprayed by Islamic terrorists. The 10 to 15 terrorists who
posed as Security Forces, disarmed the 9-member Police Guard and killed all but two Hindus, the latter escaping with injuries. Among the 24 persons killed were two children aged 4 and 5 years, 12 women and half a dozen elderly people.

January 25, 1998
Wandhama Massacre
The most shocking of the massacre of Kashmiri Hindus took place in Wandhama, a village near Srinagar, on January 25, 1998. The two dozen-odd terrorists dropped in for tea, around 2030 hours. The tea was served and they left a little after midnight.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2007 10:19 PM | Show all posts
kalau bolih barney, tolong sensor mayat perempuan bogel tu....

[ Last edited by  daun_jampi at 6-9-2007 10:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 01:40 AM | Show all posts
i feel srry for the slain in Sri Lanka.... May God bless them... and put an end to the wars being fought on both sides..
Pardon me naivity on his subject as i dont know much as i havent read much on the subject, i know too that Norway is trying to promote peace in this region ... i wonder how the peace process is gg on?

[ Last edited by  Obersliutenant at 7-9-2007 01:42 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 02:37 AM | Show all posts
does not seem to be an issue of religion (at least the thread author does not make it so). I'm moving this to World Events.
I've seen lots of issues regarding ethnic relations posted here. Please take note that RSF is NOT the place for it.

[ Last edited by  BeanDiesel at 6-9-2007 08:11 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 03:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.109791 second(s), 31 queries .