Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2461|Reply: 6

INSTANT KARMA : Iran & Syria WMD project backfired

[Copy link]
Post time 19-9-2007 07:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
By Ed Morrissey

Syrian and Iranian efforts to add chemical warheads to Scud missiles backfired two months ago, according to Jane's Weekly. Instead of killing Israelis by firing them at their cities, it killed dozens of engineers attempting to load the WMD onto rockets for a Syrian attack (via Power Line):

Proof of cooperation between Iran and Syria in the proliferation and development of weapons of mass destruction was brought to light Monday in a Jane's Defence Weekly report that dozens of Iranian engineers and 15 Syrian officers were killed in a July 23 accident in Syria.

According to the report, cited by Channel 10, the joint Syrian-Iranian team was attempting to mount a chemical warhead on a Scud missile when the explosion occurred, spreading lethal chemical agents, including sarin nerve gas.

Reports of the accident were circulated at the time; however, no details were released by the Syrian government, and there were no hints of an Iranian connection.

Syria does not belong to the list of signatories to the Chemical Weapons Convention or Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, which would prohibit these actions. Obviously they have no duty to refrain from using these weapons if they haven't signed the treaties, but just as obviously their work on WMDs can allow their neighbors to deduce that they represent a clear danger to their security. After hearing this story, one can understand why Israel chose to attack the Syrian facility that they suspected held nuclear weapons material.

Also, it's difficult to feel much sympathy for those who lost their lives in this effort. The intent of these weapons is easily determined. They wanted to kill Israeli civilians in a cruel and excruciating manner, outside of the rules civilized nations impose on themselves. The fact that the two leading terrorist nations combined in this effort should surprise no one, but also should underscore the threat they pose to all other nations in the region and the world.

My sympathies remain with those who will eventually have to risk their lives and sacrifice them in some instances to end their threat. Those who died in the chemical weapons explosion merely got what they had coming. It just means we'll have a few dozen less we have to find later.  Wednesday, September 19, 2007
www.captainsquartersblog.com

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2007 08:01 AM | Show all posts
a chemical weapon never is a justifiable weapon in any sort conflict...... but if living on borderline with a country like israel that have unaccessible military might from unaccessible supplier and always trying to provoke or even attack its neighbor sovereignty, one might understand the justification...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2007 06:31 PM | Show all posts
It's normal for Israel to strike those country that threathens their existience.Jewish state is always under constant threat by those stupid fanatics whose intention is to annihilate Israel nation.

Israel action againts Syria and Lebanon or maybe in the near future IRAN, is only a show of military might that she is able and willing to defend herself  no matter what happen.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-10-2007 08:25 AM | Show all posts
So therefore, its OK for Iran to bomb the Zionist state to kingdom come..yeayyyyy

Use magic Report

Post time 4-11-2007 07:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 IceMallet's post

Understand what im trying to say. Israel are just only hitting those fanatics terrorist and country in Defense to their own survival.

If iRAN will bomb the Israelis then it not okay to do then,  because Iran will be wipe out in the face of this earth.

Those terrorist like Hamas, Hizbollah and other group who never stop pestering the Jewish state deserve the kind of punishment they are receiving right now.

They should be blown into pieces and must be terminated in order to have a lasting peace in the middle east.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-11-2007 11:53 PM | Show all posts

all terrorists are same.. stupid essholes....

some stupid essholes..... dreaming of getting virgins in heaven....

pengganas bodoh mau berjihad mau dapat itu bidadari dara telanjang putih melepak untuk ditala di tepi sungai yg mengalirkan arak yg lezat ka .......

Bali blast- 3 sentenced to die

BATU PRISON, NUSAKAMBANGAN, Indonesia (Reuters) - The three Indonesians sentenced to die for the 2002 Bali blasts, which killed more than 200 people, say they are ready to be executed and their only regret is that Muslims died in the attack.

The three militants -- Imam Samudra, Mukhlas and Amrozi, who was dubbed "the smiling bomber" because of his constant grin during the trial -- are being held at Indonesia's top security Batu Prison off the southern coast of Java.

They met their relatives on Monday in what is likely to be the last such visit before they are executed by firing squad. No date has been announced for the executions, but a security source says they are expected within two months.

" People ask me, why am I smiling? I am happy because I will be united with 72 angels" in heaven, said Amrozi in an interview with Reuters and a local television network.

"In the past I have killed many with my bombs. I have been tested by spending time in this prison, but if you make infidels angry you will be rewarded. And soon I will enjoy the fruit of my deeds, if I get executed, God willing," added Amrozi, who was grinning and had grown a wispy beard.

The three men, wearing traditional Muslim skull caps, met family members in the visitors' hall, watched by 20 security officers carrying rifles and surrounded by bulletproof glass. They appeared happy and in good health.

The two blasts on Bali's Kuta strip on October 12, 2002, one at Paddy's Bar, the other at the Sari Club, killed 202 including 88 Australians and 38 Indonesian citizens, and devastated the resort island's tourist industry.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-11-2007 05:06 PM | Show all posts
bodoh + bodoh = double bodoh
bo layan double barrel super bodoh lebih baik dari berkata dusta dan nista yg tercela lagi mencelakan diri sendiri.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 09:19 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073044 second(s), 33 queries .