CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: isabel

Others Asian Country ~ Entertainment News & Info HERE!

[Copy link]
Post time 13-7-2006 10:28 AM | Show all posts
July 12, 2006
Bollywood pairs you may never see again

Aishwarya Rai-Salman Khan

Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan made a fabulous pair in Sanjay Leela Bhansali? Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. But after their turbulent personal equation became public, there seems little chance of them signing a film in the future.

This is not the first hit jodi to fizzle out in Bollywood.

Here? a look at pairs you will probably not see anymore.

Many believe Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam is Aishwarya? best performance till date. Her chemistry with Salman was amazing, and no hero has been able to match up to it on screen.

The two will probably never make another film together. ?he Salman chapter was a nightmare in my life and I am thankful to god that all is over,? Aishwarya once said.

Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, a common friend, tried to patch them up by asking them to star in his film Bajirao Mastani. They refused, and the film has been since shelved.

Mallika Sherawat-Emraan Hashmi

Emraan Hashmi may have become a bigger star than Mallika Sherawat now, but Murder? ? the film that catapulted both to stardom ? success was largely due to Mallika.

With her low necklines and bold statements, Mallika won over audiences, and made it clear to one and all that Murder was the year? biggest hit all thanks to her.

Obviously, her co-stars Hashmi and Ashmit Patel were wounded. Even producer Mahesh Bhatt was upset.

Mallika moved out of the Bhatt camp, and till date, has not signed any film with the Bhatts or Hashmi.

Sanjay Dutt-Madhuri Dixit

Madhuri Dixit and choreographer Saroj Khan did what no other dance director could do. They made Sanjay Dutt dance beautifully for the first time in Thanedar. The song was Tama tama logey, ?omposed? by Bappi Lahiri.

Industry buzz was that it was not only the song that became a hit. The pair went on to do successful movies like Sahibaan, Saajan and then Khalnayak.

Unfortunately, with Dutt? brush with the law during the serial blasts in Mumbai in 1993, things cooled off between the two.

Madhuri never worked with Dutt again and though she plans to make a comeback in the industry, it seems unlikely that this pair will work together again.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2006 10:32 AM | Show all posts
July 13, 2006
John reveals his thoughts on his favourite female co-stars!

When John Abraham first hit his name on the headlines winning the ?99 Gladrags Manhunt Contest, not many thought him to be film material. But after 4 years of struggle, John made a splash with his debut ?ism? where he featured alongside his real life love girlfriend Bipasha Basu. Since the time of his debut, John has remained a male sex symbol in Bollywood.

Though, his relationship with Bipasha has been going steady for almost 4 years now, rumours of him having an affair with his co-stars have made the rounds of tabloids more often than his performances. In a freewheeling exchange here, John clears the air about his status with his co-stars and also drops a lesson or two on making friends in Bollywood.

Pinning John Abraham for an interview is, well, trying to pin a moonbeam to the ground. Between walking the ramp for good friend cum designer Rocky S, doing the body mambo for Baabul and juggling ad campaigns, an interview is the last thing on his mind. But I prise him away from all the hullabaloo and coax him gently to talk on the women in his life?is heroines. After some gentle persuasion, John opened up. Not before adding, ? have nothing negative to say about any of my heroines. I? not trying to do good PR, because none of that will help me at this stage of my career. Each of my heroines has contributed immensely to my career.? Reproduced below are excerpts from a conversation.

Bipasha Basu
Perhaps the fact that she? also seeing me off the sets makes her my most cooperative co-star. She is also perhaps the most professional and accommodating actor I?e worked with. We also worked together in Aitbaar and Madhoshi. Bipasha? performance in Madhoshi was outstanding, unfortunately all the hard work she put in the film went unnoticed because the film was a disaster.

Tara sharma
She looks docile and sweet but at the same time she is very witty. Her biggest advantage is that she is like clay, a director can mould her any way he wants. During Saaya she did everything an actress would have been asked to do. She needed the right start with the right person.

Udita Goswami
She looked very beautiful in Paap. She had a look that made her different. Her short hair and lean frame worked. She has got one of the most beautiful bone structures. Pooja (Bhatt) did her best to push Udita and that was the best training ground for her.

Lara Dutta
When we were shooting for Elaan we had nicknames for each other. She used to call me, ?ey sidey,? and I would call her, ?ey item.? Though we are a little formal with each other, at the same time we are pretty cool too. Lara is more like a male buddy. In Elaan we had a lot of bike riding shots but with her I was never worried. She is a Jat. She would keep telling me, ?on? worry about me just get the shot right.?

Priyanka Chopra
She? one of the most professional actors I?e worked with. I?e never heard her say, ?O!? I don? think the word exists in her dictionary. She says yes to everything. Tell her the shoot will be extended and she will be fine. Even if it means that she packs up at two in the morning and her next shift is at six in the morning.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 09:04 AM | Show all posts
July 16, 2006
Aishwarya Rai salutes the people of Mumbai

The gorgeous Aishwarya Rai has saluted the people of Mumbai for their strength, compassion, courage and sensitivity after the dastardly bomb blasts.

Ash was shooting for Mani Ratnam ? Guru in Chennai when the dreaded incident took place.

An entertainment website reports Ash as saying, ?vil will never get the better of good. It? very sad. I wish whoever has done it would understand the gravity of the situation and what they have done. But I salute the people of Mumbai for their strength, compassion, courage and sensitivity.?

Ash has always been associated with humanitarian deeds and has willingly contributed to the various tragedies that have struck the country.

Like Ash, superstar Aamir Khan was not in town when the tragedy struck. He was in Satara with wife Kiran.

Aamir doesn? wish to move on with life. ? don? want to move on. I want the guilty to be brought to light and punished for good. This just can? go on like this,? he said.

Aamir urged people to contribute heartily to the chief minister? fund. And will he be making some donations as well? ?urely, but I don? wish to make it public,? is all he has to say.

It seems Bollywood is not all about candyfloss and glycerin tears.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 10:11 AM | Show all posts
July 17, 2006
Bollywood Metrosexual Mess

Muscle Mayhem

One would think it doesn? take much to look presentable, especially when you are a star. But here are some memorable filmi fashion faux pas unzipped! Salman Khan might be known for his bulging biceps but when brawn meets bling, it? not always a pretty sight.

Glamourous Fiasco

Jimmy Shergil? bottle blonde tousled mane vaguely attempts a rock star look, but ends up looking like a cross between a Baywatch extra and the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. As for that shiny glitzy shirt, leave the glamour to the ladies, Jimmy.

Naked Nightmare

When Emraan Hashmi? not naked and takes a break from kissing, he dons clothes that make you wonder whether he? be more presentable without a shirt. Maybe he? forgotten how normal people dress. So that makes two things he needs to learn: how to dress and how to act.

Not Pretty In Pink

Ritiesh Deshmukh could top the list with his wannabe-metrosexual dressing. Pink, and that too hot pink? Is he trying to steal the show from the ladies? A true fashion disaster.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 10:15 AM | Show all posts
July 17, 2006
SRK: Crowned again!

The King Khan will be crowned again - this time his overseas fans will be gracing him with an award. He? being honored in Britain by the Asian society, and SRK has a massive fan following in that part of the world.

Even when he? vacationing there, apparently ardent admirers wait outside his hotel to catch a glimpse of their favorite star. After a month-long break in London, SRK came back to home ground, only to rush back again for the award ceremony. But we?e sure the Khan isn? complaining; it? we who have to chase him around the globe. Well, for now we?l just wait for his triumphant return!

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 11:48 AM | Show all posts
July 15, 2006
Hrithik Roshan beats superman!

In the battle of the superheroes at the box office, the Indian superhero has won hands down over his Hollywood counterpart!

Hrithik Roshan? superhero act in ?rrish? has proved to be a bigger draw than the Hollywood film ?uperman Returns.

As far as box office collections go, the ?esi superhero? flick has far outdone the West? ?uperman film. This despite the fact that ?rrish? was in the second week of its run while ?uperman Returns? was in the opening week of its screening.

So, while, according to trade sources, ?rrish? grossed around Rs 11 crore in its second week with a per screen average of nearly Rs 5 lakh, ?uperman Returns? grossed nearly Rs 2.5 crore. What was more significant, however, was the fact that ?uperman Returns? had a per-screen average much lower than ?rrish? at Rs 4.25 lakh.

While the difference in the performance between the two films was not much in Mumbai where ?rrish? earned over Rs 2 crore while ?uperman returns? grossed Rs 1 crore from about half the number of prints as ?rrish?, in the Delhi-UP area, ?rrish? far outperformed the Hollywood film with its collections being a little less than Rs 2-0 crore as against just around Rs 40 lakh earned by ?uperman Returns?.

What was further surprising was the fact that even in areas of South India and Assam, where Hollywood films are generally preferred over Hindi films by the audiences, ?rrish? performance was far better than ?uperman Returns?. For example, while ?rrish? earned over Rs 15 lakh from Bangalore in its second week, the opening week? collections of ?uperman Returns? were a little over Rs 10 lakh.

In Assam, another area where business of Hindi films is generally not very good, trade sources said earnings of ?rrish? were expected to at least cross the Rs 25 lakh mark, making it the top grossing Hindi film in the North eastern state in the last five years.

Trade sources said collections of the Hindi dubbed version of ?uperman Returns?, which was released along with the original English version, were also quite dull.

According to the sources, the Hindi version of the Hollywood film could earn just Rs 20 lakh from Mumbai, while its collections in the Delhi-UP areas were Rs 13 lakh.

Perhaps the awareness that ?rrish? could pose a challenge to ?uperman? led the Warner Bros, which is distributing the film in India, to release the film on 300 prints in India, rather than 600 as decided earlier.

Meanwhile, the Hrithik Roshan Priyanka Chopra-starrer continues to create new box office records in its second week.

The film, which created box office history with mind-boggling collections of Rs 69 crore in its first week itself, making it the fastest money spinner in the history of Bollywood, is still drawing audiences in huge numbers to cinema halls.

The huge collections in the opening week, coupled with the fact that the film continues to run to packed houses makes it a certainty that ?rrish? will eventually turn out to be the biggest box office grosser in Bollywood in recent times.

Trade sources said the overall box office collections of the film are expected to cross the Rs 100 crore mark which makes it the highest grossing Bollywood film ever, the earlier one being Anil Sharma? ?adar-Ek Prem Katha?, which grossed over Rs 90 crore as box office collections.

The film also continues to go strong in the overseas markets.

In the United Kingdom where ?rrish? had collections of 210, 499 UK pounds (approximately Rs 1.5 crore) in its opening weekend from 46 cinema screens and figured at number nine in the UK top 15, the film has by and large maintained its position.

So while, in the second week, it was at number 12 in the UK top 15, the third weekend again saw it jumping two places to be at the number ten position.

The film had collections of 60, 344 UK pounds in its third weekend from 33 cinema screens with a per-screen average of 1,829 UK pounds. In fact, the film? total collections in the first two weeks were 551, 916 UK pounds (Rs 4.69 crore).

In the Unites States, the film collected 34, 859 Dollars in its first two weeks

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-7-2006 12:40 PM | Show all posts
July 15, 2006
Tattoos - the ?n thing??

Tattoos seem to be the latest fad in Bollywood these days. First, Sanjay Dutt and Urmila Matondkar sported them and now Esha Deol went and got two of them.

Deol was proud to show off the Gayatri mantra tattoo on her right shoulder and an Om on her left at the music launch of Zayed Khan? forthcoming film ?ocky? this week.

It seems she has been contemplating the idea for some time, but it was not necessarily a planned event. She was introduced to Ronni Froberg of Funky Monkey fame, who did the tattoos about two years ago by her hairdresser Peri Patel, yet waited until now to get them done.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 01:06 PM | Show all posts
July 17, 2006
Amitabh? Weakness!

The name Amitabh Bachchan reeks of power, supremacy and strength. But here? a surprise - the Big B has a small weakness too. There? something that totally melts that tough exterior of our superstar. You could scratch your heads really hard, but we?e sure you can? guess this one.

It? something as simple as ice-creams. Yeah, AB has a weakness for this frozen desert, and he can comfortably polish off three-four cones at one go. Apparently, Kajol once told him that cold cures cold, and ever since that day, even when he has a bout of cold-cough and sneezes, you?l see him feasting on his favourite flavors of ice-cream. Now we know of a way to ?elt? AB

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-7-2006 02:01 PM | Show all posts
July 17, 2006
Salman Khan to Marry?

Marriage and Salman Khan ? the twain shall never meet.This seems to be true for Bollywood? favourite bachelor.

While promoting his latest film aptly titled Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar, the actor said, ? see very bleak future for this film.?

Those are rather honest words from Salman Khan about the film he hopes will release next month, after lying in the cans for nearly two years.

From Maine Pyaar Kiya to Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi to Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar, Salman just cannot make up his mind.

?hat? my life ? full of contradictions. So I guess it comes naturally to me,? he said.

So moving away from the bleak topic of the film, it was time to talk about happier things ? marriage, for instance.

?arriage is quite a funny thing. Ekta Kapoor is making money out of it,? he said.

So when will Salman finally say ? do?? ?veryone says it? the best thing to get married and I say, ?eah right. Maybe I should try it one of these days.? By the way my dad is really happy because he? got two wives and they?e both happy too. They both get along fine,? said Salman.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2006 02:23 PM | Show all posts
July 17, 2006
Rahul-Mallika? fight over World Cup!

Now with the World Cup over, actor Rahul Bose must be having some more free time on his hands. It? a known fact that Rahul is a sports buff, and while the world championship was on, Rahul would not as much as blink while watching a match, or so we hear. He ensured that he watched each and every game and was very much a part of the manic football fever.

Now while his co-actor of Pyar Ke Side Effects, Mallika Sherawat wanted to dub her part only in the mornings (because she believes that she is at her huskiest best then), Rahul, who used to stay awake till the wee hours watching the game, believed that he sounded too gruff in the early hours. In this time-battle, it was the director, Saket who came to the rescue and while Mallika dubbed for the movie in the mornings, he ensured that Rahul? dubbing in those early hours consisted of only a few lines, while his major portions were kept for later. Talk about football ke side effects, huh!

Use magic Report

Post time 18-7-2006 11:57 AM | Show all posts
Bollywood Eyes Germany for Newest Audiences

German TV has fallen for the charms of Indian cinema and its stars, like Aishwarya Rai

Doe-eyed women in saris and sentimental love dramas topped the bill in Stuttgart as the German city hosted its third annual film festival devoted to Bollywood and its blockbusters.

The Stuttgart fair, which ended Sunday night, is where Indian filmmakers come to conquer Europe and the United States, both slow to succumb to the sub-continent's entertaining epics.

"The festival is getting bigger and bigger," Indian director and prolific film music composer Naresh Sharma told the AFP news agency. "People are really interested in Indian film."

This year, the event drew 7,500 visitors, a thousand more than in 2005, but below the 10,000 expected.

The audience is a mixture of devotees who avidly follow the careers of their favorite stars such as actress Aishwarya Rai, and industry players who come to look at the latest offerings from the world's second biggest cinema industry after Hollywood.

Bollywood's two European camps

Love plays the lead role in many Bollywood productions

"On the one hand you have those who know the names of all the Indian actors, and on the other hand those who want to keep up do date with Bollywood," program director Wiebke Reiss said.

The German festival program did its best to cater to both groups.

In four days, some 100 films were shown, ranging from the next big features and a large number of documentaries to short horror films and a retrospective of the works of Raj Kapoor, an Indian cinema idol of the 1950s.

Women came dressed in flowing silk saris and traditional jewelery as thousands of filmgoers sampled the spicy Punjabi and Gujurati cuisine on offer at a bazaar set up for the festival.

Goal is to find new German viewers

Bollywood is becoming a regular feature on German television

But Weiss said the idea was also to convert those who believed that Indian cinema had little more to offer than curry westerns or kitschy dramas, often up to three hours long, where love plays the lead role and characters regularly burst into song and dance.

These films -- big on sentiment but coy about sex -- have found a following well beyond India, notably in the Arab world where they pose far fewer problems for the censors than standard Hollywood fare.

German television channels have warmed up to the charm of Indian cinema, with the cable channel RTL II snapping up a number of titles. But the country's cinemas are another story. At the moment there are about 15 features showing and 30 for rent at video stores.

Language makes finding new audiences difficult

Some universal themes could do well in Germany

"In order to sell Indian works in Germany, the films have to be dubbed, and this is very expensive," Reiss said. "We still need to make European distributors aware of Indian films and convince them that these works can win the hearts of the public here."

She singled out "Mixed Doubles" by director Rajat Kapoor as a film with a universal theme that could do well in Germany. It deals with the difficulty of keeping the passion alive after 10 years of marriage.

The organizers plan to keep expanding the festival. Stuttgart and Mumbai (Bombay) are twin cities and 2008 will mark the 40th anniversary

Use magic Report

Post time 18-7-2006 12:02 PM | Show all posts
Mumbai blasts 'dastardly act': Shah Rukh Khan
July 17, 2006 12:57 IST

Bollywood director Karan Johar and superstar Shah Rukh Khan have condemned Tuesday's terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

At a joint news conference on the sidelines of a three-day long Bollywood extravaganza that concluded at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in central London on Sunday, Shah Rukh described the attacks as a "dastardly act."

Terrorism has become an international phenomenon, Shah Rukh pointed out: "It happened in New York, Madrid, London and now in Mumbai. It is a very sad situation. It is necessary to educate people, to take away the thoughts of violence from society."

Johar said attacks in Mumbai were a clear case of terrorism and people should face the challenges united.

Both Karan Johar and Yash Chopra noted that Bollywood was completely secular.

To a question on the non-resident Indians' importance for the industry, SRK said NRIs have been responsible in helping Bollywood make a breakthrough in the West.

Asked whether they would consider reducing the duration of Hindi films, Yash Chopra and Johar felt it would be difficult; Shah Rukh said it was worth considering.

Yash Chopra said it was not the length that mattered but the intensity of the film. "Music is part of Indian life and culture. We are not ashamed of our music," Chopra said.

"It was quite an awakening when Veer-Zaara was screened in Paris. When we went there, the entire area was jam-packed and we could not even enter the theatre where the film was being screened," the veteran filmmaker said.

Asked whether they produced films keeping the NRIs in view, Johar said: "We produce films which are emotional and attractive to Indians. Being an NRI is a status. They are Indians, whether they live in New York or Bihar. NRIs are more Indians in their heart than most of us."

Shah Rukh said, "Our films not only entertain, but they are for eternity. It is the only mode of entertainment for masses and length of the film is value for money."

Called BAFTA Goes Bollywood, the London programme included presentation and interactive sessions with Johar, SRK, Chopra, Aamir Khan and Preity Zinta.

A new book on Bollywood, called Lights, Camera, Masala -- Making Movies in Mumbai by Sheena Sippy was also showcased on the occasion

The 246-page book -- by daughter of producer Ramesh Sippy with text from scriptwriter Naman Ramachandran -- gives an insider's look at the glitz, grit and grandeur of the world's largest film industry.

Ramachandran called the book a celebration of contemporary Hindi cinema. The book documents the process of making a typical commercial Hindi film through the adventures of a pair of fictitious characters called Vijay and Ravi, who try to make a Bollywood film of their own.

Famous film personalities -- from seasoned scriptwriters like the Salim-Javed duo to megastars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai and successful directors like Ramesh Sippy and Johar -- have shared their experiences and provided insights into filmmaking.

Lights Camera Masala also records the stories of the behind-the-scenes people who are such an intrinsic part of the Bollywood machinery -- a light boy, a make-up artist and a choreographer, among others.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:02 PM | Show all posts
July 19, 2006
Amir could face probe for ?hooting? chinkara

Bollywood star Aamir Khan could be in trouble as Gujarat? forest department was planning to probe the charge that he violated the Wildlife Protection Act during the filming of his Oscar-nominated ?agaan? in 2000, officials said Tuesday.

A chinkara (Indian gazelle), protected under the act, was allegedly used for a scene in the film at Jam Kunaria village in the border district of Kutch, 375 km from here.

Forest officials were planning to file a case against Aamir, his former wife Reena and his present wife Kiran Rao for violating the law by filming the animal without permission.

Reena was executive producer and Kiran Rao was assistant director for the film that won critical acclaim apart from being a commercial success.

According to the forest officials here, Aamir had sought permission to shoot a scene with the animal, but the request was turned down.

The film, however, shows a chinkara in a scene.

The act prohibits even teasing or chasing a chinkara is punishable under the law.

?e have surveyed the spot on Monday where the film was shot. A detailed inquiry will be conducted and statements of all concerned people will be taken,? a forest official said Tuesday.

Meanwhile, a forest beat guard has admitted that he had taken the crew to shoot a chinkara.

After the film? release in 2001, the forest department reportedly carried some preliminary investigation but it was soon given up.

The issue, however, came to light this month when the Gir Youth Nature Club, an environment group, registered a complaint.

The state police was earlier asked to re-investigate poaching charges levelled against another Bollywood star, Salman Khan, who reportedly killed a chinkara while shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali? ?um Dil De Chuke Sanam? in Kutch.

[ Last edited by  ldg at 23-7-2006 03:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:05 PM | Show all posts
Aishwarya Rai Fans Introduce a Fansite to Ms World Aishwarya Rai, the Beauty of India

Being of fan of Aishwarya Rai, popularly known as Ash within the fans community, a fansite was introduced dedicated to Aishwarya Rai. Its www.aishwarya.info and is all about Aishwarya Rai.

(PRWEB) July 20, 2006 -- This former Miss World with the captivating blue-green eyes has captured the hearts and imagination of millions of both male and female admirers not only in India, but all over the world.

http://www.aishwarya.info is a website that contains complete information about the most beautiful women in the world that is Aishwarya Rai just for her fans. She is a beauty contest winner, a professional model, and an actress in Bollywood and Hollywood films.

Since winning the Miss World title, she has become one of the most popular stars of India's huge film industry known as Bollywood.

http://www.aishwarya.info, is an un-Official Aishwarya Rai website featuring the largest collection of High quality Aish photos, wallpapers and screensavers and much more about bollywood's hottest actor. This is a Fan Site created by an Aishwarya Rai Fan. The latest news, pictures, video clips, biography, links & much more including excellent Quality pictures and wallpapers of Aishwarya Rai.

Aishwarya Rai was born in Mangalore, in the South Indian state of Karnataka, to Krishnaraj Rai, a marine engineer, and Vrinda Rai, a writer. Rai began modeling on the side while studying architecture.

Aishwarya Rai won the Miss World title in 1994 at the age of 20. She soon became one of the highest-paid actresses in Bollywood, starring in hits from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam to Taal and Devdas. As a model, Ms. Rai has appeared in many Indian fashion magazines, including the Indian Vogue. In 2003 Ms. Rai was a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival. In 2004, she was chosen as one of TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World.

www.aishwarya.info provides you an excellent quality pictures and wallpapers of Aishwarya Rai. The song "Kajra Re", which Rai performed in the film Bunty Aur Babli, was voted best song of 2005 and best choreographed song of 2005 in a poll by the Hindustan Times. She has won three IIFA Awards, three Z-Gold Awards, four Star Screen Awards, an EU's Global Diversity Award, three Zee Cine Awards and a Rajiv Gandhi Award.

Aishwarya Rai the sexiest female to be ever born and you can Find Pictures, Links And all you wanna know about her at: http://www.aishwarya.info. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but thousands of moviegoers around the globe see Aishwarya Rai as the ultimate example. Aishwarya Rai was the greatest star in the Bollywood film scene and brokeout to international stardom, with her role in Bride & Prejudice.

1. http://www.aishwarya.info/photo.html [Find Aishwarya Rai pictures]
2. http://www.aishwarya.info/pictures/Aishwarya%20Rai.html [More Ash pictures]
3. http://www.aishwarya.info/pictures/2Aishwarya%20Rai.html [Some more Ms World Aishwarya Rai pictures]
4. http://www.aishwarya.info/pictures/3Aishwarya%20Rai.html [And now even more Aishwarya Pics]

We are constantly adding more and more Aishwarya pictures to the website, to make it the biggest resource of Aishwarya Rai pictures.

###

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:24 PM | Show all posts
Report: Aishwarya Rai Made to Lose, Gain Weight
Thursday, July 20, 2006

NEW DELHI  ? It's been an up and down time for Bollywood mega star Aishwarya Rai lately ? weight wise, that is.

Her directors, not satisfied with having Bollywood's leading lady in their films, have made her lose weight, gain weight and lose it again for successive films, the Times of India newspaper reported Thursday.

Most recently Rai, a former Miss World often labeled as one of the world's most beautiful women, was asked to shed a few pounds for her role in the film "Dhoom 2," or "Big Bang 2," which is being shot in Namibia, the paper reported.

Rai's personal trainer Deepika is on sight leading "Ash," as she is known in Bollywood, through a two-hour workout starting at 4 a.m. every morning, the paper said.

"Deepika is with Ash in Namibia," Rai's manager Hari Singh told the newspaper. "Ash is a very dedicated actress and she is working to get into the skin of her role."

Rai had picked up some extra pounds for her role in the film "Guru," which she was filming before heading to Namibia for Dhoom 2.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:25 PM | Show all posts
July 20, 2006
Hrithik Roshan? dangerous stunts in Dhoom 2

The much talked about film Dhoom 2 is going to be bigger and better than its prequel Dhoom. Reportedly, Hrithik Roshan has done a number of dangerous stunts in the film. He underwent training in everything from roller-blading, sand boarding and bike stunts. He also took some time off to learn snow-boarding in Dubai but then the perfectionist Hrithik says that he didn? get enough time to practice before performing in front of camera.

He wished he could have had more time to master it better. Hrithik has been shooting for these dangerous stunts for almost a week now, but says that he is having a great time doing it. Compared to Krrish, Hrithik says that the action in Dhoom 2 is far more daring and those are the kind of stunts that were never seen in Hindi films before.

Hrithik? character in Dhoom 2 can? exactly be called a Villain. It is rather a grey character. Currently, Hrithik is shooting for the climax of Dhoom 2 in Durban along with Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Uday Chopra. The film is scheduled to release this November.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-7-2006 03:28 PM | Show all posts
A different set of comics

TO THE RESCUE: Batman

Revival

Frank Miller who revived Batman some 20 years ago with Dark Knight Returns is now mid-way through his 200-page book that he is writing, drawing and colouring. Called Holy Terror, Batman, Miller admitted that it is more propaganda than anything else. This time the caped crusader takes on the hidden blokes in the Afghanistan hills and hurts their evil designs on Gotham.

After jumping out of yellow and blue pages into skin tones and later full-fleshed screen and now the 3D Superman Returns, the reelism of the comic-book hero is more real than ever with the honourable exception of Bollywood heroes.

We hear, Shah Rukh Khan is making the transition from real world to reel world to the comic world in Bollywood Comics. But instead of chasing real life baddies, Shah Rukh will be a college student. with comic versions of Aishwarya Rai and Rani Mukherjee. The series is being brought out by Singapore-based Illustrated Comics.

But Indian movie stars turning comic book heroes is not a new thing. The pioneer in that genre is Amitabh Bachchan who was a masked crusader Supremo and took on the baddies. Created by Pammi Bakshi the comic didn't have many takers unlike the real Amitabh though Gulzar was the script consultant. Now, we have to wait and see Shah Rukh too will change and chase the goons on the railway tracks of Mumbai.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:36 PM | Show all posts
Music made easy... and how easily!
VIVEK AHUJA

THE CHARTBUSTER Actors Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Abhisekh dancing to `Kajra Re.'

I really do not understand what the lament is all about in the world of music. Why are so many people bemoaning the loss of the `good old' singers and composers and censuring the new generation of the same, which has given us so much to look forward to? Come now, don't say you are immune to the beat of Kajrare kajrare or MoheMohe Tu Rang De Basanti... ! Kajrare was top of the charts for ages, and had five-year-olds to above 50s upping the volume each time it was played.

That old is gold has a wealth of truth. I'm an avid fan of K.L. Saigal, Begum Akhtar and Pankaj Mallick, but that doesn't stop me from tapping my feet and humming modern film songs. With today's hectic routineswhere you are mentally in the office much before you reach it, give me Sonu Nigam, Mika, Himesh Reshamiya, Alka Yagnik, Alisha Chenoy, Kailash Kher... any day.

Best of both

This new genre of singers, lyricists and composers is almost cathartic to our over-wrought senses. You can listen to them and enjoy them any time, anywhere without strain. They allow you to mix business with pleasure. People complain that there is no depth in many of the modern singers' voices, that they are too nasal. Well, so was Saigal - remember Jab dil hi toot gaya and Babul mora - hot favourites even today! Mika's nasal Savan mein lag gayi aag hasn't stopped it from becoming a hit, has it? And who says that melody is no more? The new songs like Piyu bole from the film Parineeta, or Sonu Nigam's songs in Fanaa, or in Veer-Zaara are completely intoxicating.

Frankly, we're a lucky lot - witness to the best of the old and the new. We've seen the era when we could "stand beneath the boughs and stare as long as sheep or cows". When we had all the time in the world to select a record at leisure, wipe it with tender loving care and gently put the needle on it, then wait for the melodious strains to reach our ears. Then came the audiocassettes - far more convenient, of course - but getting stuck ever so often. And now? We literally have music on our person, often invisible! The ipod, CDs, DVDs, FM, radio give us sound quality as never before and convenient access too.

Good going

It's good going for the singers too. The new MP-3/4 technology, digital recording and the new software that prevents you from straying too far off-tune has opened up a world of opportunities. You don't have to be the best to sing - you can choose your own kind of song and music and the synthesiser will help you go a long way in making your own music, even a one-man show! Gone are the days when Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar had to be present in the studio at the same time for a duet recording.

At our doorstep

We're living in a multi-track world. Just look at the average person's day. Left to ourselves, we would have no time to relax or appreciate the sound of music. But now it's not merely at our doorstep, but ear-step, so to speak, and hands-free, so make the best of it. While it is good to be discerning, being over-judgemental, particularly in music, might just take the joy away from it. For music too is an expression, not merely of the voice and instruments, but of its times, our moods, our lives. The music of yore reflected a different kind of life. Today's music is a mirror of what we are, how we live, what we feel, our dreams and our struggles. I, for one, am glad to hear music that overwhelms me and sets me free from tension, even in that short span of commuting to and from work. Not only that, it binds me to all those unseen people who make such a difference to my life, when we tap our feet across caste, creed, colour, region, religion or language.

They say that change is the only constant in life. Well, cheers to that, and cheers to the ever-changing, wonderful world of music! To those of you who are still lamenting, I say, come out of that single-track mode and let the music set you free, no strings attached... .

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:37 PM | Show all posts
Audiences want to see me in energetic roles: Bobby Deol
Friday, July 21st, 2006

Mumbai - With ?haka Laka Boom Boom?, ?hoom Baraabar? and ?pne?, Bobby Deol, one of Bollywood? most self-effacing stars, is finally coming into his own.

Bobby? career is working out in more ways than one.

? have been working out religiously lately. You know that one push that you need to do the right thing? I knew I was neglecting myself. But I needed to get into shape for my boxer? role in Anil Sharma? ?pne?. That was reason enough to start working out. And now I feel more happy and comfortable than ever before,? Bobby, for long the star in exile, told IANS.

There is plenty of reason to feel pleased. Bobby has just completed a very unusual film called ?anhe Jaisalmer? directed by Samir Karnik who made ?yun? Ho Gaya Na? with Aishwarya Rai and Viveik Oberoi.

?t took me to a totally new territory. It is unlike anything I have done so far. I play Bobby Deol in the film. And the most surprising part of shooting in Jaisalmer was there were sandstorm and rains together.?

Years ago, dad Dharmendra had played himself in Hrishikesh Mukherjee? ?uddi?. Now it? Bobby? turn.

And if that honour hasn? turned Bobby? head, try this. A confectioner in Mumbai named Milinda has named a yummy multi-layered cake after Bobby.

?hen I heard about the cake I was flattered, honoured and very, very moved. You know we are a large family and we have birthdays all the time. This lady makes all our cakes.

? know she is fond of me. But I never imagined she? actually make a cake from all those ingredients that I love. I have a major weakness for sweets. And to me this is a truly emotional homage to my sweet tooth. I don? know if anyone else has a cake named after him.?

Bobby? cup of ?ow? runs over. After a lull of nearly three months when he has been working out and spending time with his two sons, Bobby is now into two major films.

?his month it? Suneel Darshan? film ?haka Laka Boom Boom?. Suneel has now moved to a different level. He is moving away from the family-oriented drama. He realises that today? films have to be targeted at the youth.

?ven I? asked all the time why I don? do more films like ?oldier? and ?upt?. I guess audiences do want to see me in young energetic films and roles. Suneel? new film will be a complete departure. Again, I play a role different from anything I have done so far. I must admit it has shades of grey in it.

? think our cinema is shedding its skin. Just as people apply facial creams and get facelifts to look younger, our films too are undergoing a change. I am definitely going to be part of that change.?

And if you think the excitement ends for this year with Darshan? unorthodox drama, here? more. Bobby teams up with Abhishek Bachchan in Shaad Ali? ?hoom Baraabar?.

? have never worked with Abhishek before, though I know him very well. Abhishek is great fun. He makes you laugh all the time. We came close to working together in Abbas-Mustan? ?umraaz?. I think he was terrific in ?uva?. I am looking forward to ?hoom Baraabar?.?

Some eyebrows have been raised about Bobby doing a film

for Yash Chopra whose banner Sunny had fallen out with after ?arr?. Bobby laughs away the old cold war.

?eople have to say something. Why do they need to dig into an old book of feuds for masala? I know my brother had a problem with the banner. But that is long forgotten. We have all moved on. Why hold on to the past specially when it is unpleasant??

Bobby talks with characteristic fondness about his family: ?e all live together. Now that I have stopped being the baby of the family, I feel responsible towards the family. I think I have become more mature in the last few years.?

He says he has learned from his past mistakes and is now picking roles carefully.

? admit I chose roles unwisely. But I don? regret doing any of them. One learns from one? mistakes. Today I am choosing very cautiously. I was very happy being at home for nearly three months. I needed to connect with my sons at this time when they are growing up.

? remember how Sunny bhaiya and I missed dad during our growing years because he was busy working for his family. I can afford to take it easy. But now it is time to get back to work. I am looking forward to working with Suneel again and with Shaad Ali for the first time.?

Bobby talks with some pleasure about ?pne?, which is touted as his family film.

?t is not exactly a family film. We Deols aren? producing it. For now we are happy just acting. When it comes to taking a financial risk in film production it? good to be a son-in-law instead of a father-in-law.

? ?pne? is a family-friend Anil Sharma? film. It is an emotional family film. It is about a father? dreams for his sons. Our dad, Sunny and I are together for the first time. Let? hope the audience is as excited about it as we are. We are looking at a Diwali release.?

Any regrets about being so laidback about his career?

?one at all. Some people make plans for their life. I didn?. I am happy with what I have got. Yeah, I missed out on some good roles like Mani Ratnam? ?uva?. But that? okay. What isn? meant to be in life won? be. Thankfully, I am becoming more comfortable with people outside the familiar circle. I am ready to break free.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2006 03:42 PM | Show all posts
Visuals of severed limbs will remain with me: Preity
Friday, 21 July 2006

By Subhash K. Jha

Mumbai, July 21 - Ever chirpy actress Preity Zinta would have been happy if it wasn't for the July 11 blasts. Both her delayed films 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' (KANK) and 'Jaan-e-Man' have been finally wrapped up within a day of each other.

'My luck is such, I tell you! Both films started in New York. Both got delayed together. Both continued shooting almost together. Both ended with me shooting for a part of a song. My dates did clash. But I sorted them out. Now 'Alvida...' will come out in August and 'Jaan-e-Man' later,' Preity told IANS.

Preity still can't get over the suddenness of the blasts.

'7/11 will go down as one of the darkest days in Mumbai. I was in court for the second hearing of my case against a tabloid. I had no clue what was happening even when I got out and was caught in the traffic.

'There was a huge ambulance in front of me. My phone was jammed. No one called, so I had no idea. It was only when I turned on the TV at home that I realised what had happened. I couldn't sleep the whole night,' said Preity.

'It's time we did something drastic, like New York after 9/11. The city has lost its rough edges. Earlier you couldn't walk freely in certain parts of NY. The streets are safe now. Crime has dropped. Mumbai shouldn't be an easy target.

'It is so sad to see the working class hit so badly. Visuals of severed limbs will remain with me. We feel so helpless. We seriously need to think of the city's security. Stop the unchecked influx of migrants in the city. Check the slums.'

Preity feels that instead of shutting down discos and pubs after such a tragedy the government should look at the root of the problem.

'How does that help anything? You need to clamp down on the root causes of such happenings. I can't imagine terrorists sitting in clubs after perpetrating their crime. What's the deal here?'

Preity's battle against a tabloid continues.

'The second hearing went well. The next hearing is in August. I am fighting for my right to dignity. It's the first time I had to look down at my toes in embarrassment (after a taped conversation purported to be between Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai were published in which Preity was allegedly referred to in the most unsavoury language and also refer to Salman's connections with the underworld)'.

'Happily female journalists have supported me in this fight. Whenever I leave the industry I should do so with my head held high.'

She has just shot a song for KANK with Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan.

'The film is over. We just finished a song. I danced my head off with Amit-ji and Abhishek. They are both so tall. I had to really crane my neck and feet to keep with them. This was my first song with the two.

'Amit-ji is outstanding. He wasn't well. His mom was in hospital. His house was flooded. And he was dancing away with me and Abhishek! If this isn't dedication, what is?

'We are just novices in front of Amit-ji. But I wonder what he must have been like when he was younger! I tend to grumble about little things like a broken down AC or a postponed schedule. Amit-ji never complains. I recently read the book on the making of 'Sholay' to get to know Amit-ji and Jaya Aunty.'

She gets sentimental about the KANK wrap up party.

'I was the first to leave after Amit-ji. I had to leave early because of my court case the next day. But we had a blast.'

Talking about her performance at International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, Preity said: 'They wanted an Arabian Nights performance. I didn't have my own songs. So I had to dance to others' songs. But I got an amazing response.'

She is quite relieved after wrapping up KANK and 'Jaan-e-Man'.

'Now that both my films KANK and 'Jaan-e-Man' are over I can afford to fall sick. I feel some virus coming on. In fact, I almost collapsed in court. When I walked out of court I felt so ill.

'And my joy at the completion of my films is clouded by what happened in Mumbai. I am scared that Mumbai is getting used to such periodical attacks. There should be special time-conserving courts for terrorist cases. But the innocent people shouldn't be arrested and tried. Our judicial system is fine. I am just fighting a legal battle myself, so I should know.'

Preity is slightly wistful about not being part of the 'Salaam Namaste' team a second time around.

'Their film is called 'Tara Rum Pam Pam'. That was meant to be the title of my first film Siddharth Anand has Rani (Mukerji) this time. That is okay. I am doing Shaad's film 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom' with Abhishek. Rani was in Shaad's last film.'

After the premiere of 'Alvida...' Preity leaves for London for 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom'.

'I am really looking forward to it. I am working with my friends here. Abhishek and Bobby are my pals. Shaad, if you remember had assisted Mani Rathnam during my first film 'Dil Se'. The only new person for me in 'Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom' is Lara Dutta. I hardly know her. But she is sweet. This film will rock.'

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 09:51 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079538 second(s), 39 queries .