Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2539|Reply: 3

The great Auditor General

[Copy link]
Post time 26-10-2007 08:10 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
The great Auditor General

JK's Digest No. 45 of October 2007 (302 of 2007)  How great is the Auditor General?

Why is it that we are seeing something tremendous in 50/44 years of Merdeka?

Is it true that only after so many years that this is happening that many small cases throughout the country are brought before the Courts by the Anti Corruption Agency on the Auditor General Report for 2006 in such a drama as reported in the national channels?  Some of these fraud cases of similar sizes could be reported over the years and taken to the Courts but not throughout the country.  I hope I am right and that the latest dramas in the Courts are sustained after the next General Elections.

How much are all these cases if added together?  I know it is easier to bring small cases to the Courts.  I also know it is easier to audit small cases.

I have not seen the Auditor General Report for 2006 for Sabah but read about it in the mass media.  Was it a relatively clean report when the major ministries and departments (state and federal) could have escaped proper audit?  It is not easy to audit the major ministries and departments with my past experience.

It is now public knowledge that during my very short time (many enemies emerge) at the Federal Audit Department as an examiner of Accounts I had done some auditing of major ministries and departments headed by non Sabahans.  The major players then were the Philippines born Chief Minister Tun Mustapha, the State Secretary Richard Lind born elsewhere with code 71,  the Sabah foundation director Datuk Syed Kechik from Kedah, and others (locals??) Mohd Noor Mansur & Hamid Ego.  The Federal Inland Revenue Department was headed by a Chinese from west Malaysia.  

Of course there was a Federal Secretary from Peninsula Malaysia and the one which signed the detention form under Preservation of Public Security Regulation to detain me was not known.  Was the signature forged?  Who can tell me this?  I hope those Government servants still living can tell me this.

During my time at the Audit Department, I did a piece of assignment at the Chief Minister Department and discovered a lead to a fraud of RM5 millions.  It was about transferring that allocation from the Chief Minister Department to the religious body.  I did not follow up with the disbursement of that fund but I did disturb the hornets' nest.  Maybe I got stung as a consequence.  The two key persons are still around today - scot-free - but I understand while I was in London that a clerk was jailed for not maintaining records of that RM5 millions in 1970s.
I also disturbed the hornets' nest when I did the FIRST special audit on the Inland Revenue Department where I raised 400 big queries on the irregularities of the personal tax and estate duties.  I do not know why the head of the Estate duties sudden died in office while I was in the UK.  Was it due to the difficult cases of short falls of revenues I raised in my audit?   The big cases were on timber cases and you know who were involved with the timber concessions - powerful politicians and their cronies including some top civil servants.  I had paid a heavy price for doing a good job as a Civil servant and a whistle blower then.

Today it is the same for audit to be done on the major ministries and major departments.  Such major ministries and major departments are given major allocations annually -something like 75% of the annual expenditure.  If the Auditor General's Annual Reports do not cover such sector, the court cases we are seeing now are sort of  'hype' or even dramas and insignificant possibly with a political agenda soon forgotten after the next General Elections if BN is retained. Maybe the feel good 'honeymoon' with  a new ACA Director General and new uniforms at the Anti Corruption Agency.  I have also noticed that most of the annual allocations of public expenditure had been disbursed in the last quarters of the many years indicating all is NOT well with the delivery system (blame it on the elected representative/ race / religion) in the nation.  Has the Auditor General dealt with this financial  malaise of superior performance towards the end of the years only likely to finish off the annual allocations?  What about the Public Accounts Committees (State & Federal) dealing with this significant phenomenon?  Are they aware of this?  I think the Auditor General must come up with a special report on the last quarters disbursement of fund annually for decades.  Talking about corruption case, what has happened to the allegation of bribes against the secretary of Suhakam by one known as Mutalib Kong as reported in the press in June 2006?

It is more crucial now that illegal Prime Minister of Malaysia is also the Finance Minister since 2003 (the precedent adopted by the former PM) while the illegal Chief Minister of Sabah is also the Finance Minister since 2003 without the check and balance. Is this happening only in the land of BOLEH or <no money soon> unless rectified now? There is a term "collusion" between two or more key persons for financial frauds to occur but we know massive frauds exist when the term 'collusion' disappear when a single person hold such double key jobs.  These two illegal Ministers by virtue of the rigged General Elections 2004 affecting the status of the Government are dealing with most of the financial allocations of public expenditure.   So who are closing both eyes to the real corruptions and financial irregularities in the nation as alleged in several blogs and websites like Malaysia Today and Malaysiakini?

My latest Police Report on  the frauds of SESB - the GLC on the utility company worth any thing up to RM1 billions of two decades are the losses of consumers.  This can also happen to TNB with the monopoly on electricity supplies.  Who would care to investigate that?

There is also a paralysis of crisis in Malaysia of waves of malaise or malfunction when the form (Monarchy) and substance (Parliament) dominated by illegal UMNO are sort of 'collusion' for whatever reasons in a system that is not working hence ruining the nation.

The illegal Deputy Prime Minister was telling us that the arms deals were justified to safeguard the sovereignty of the nation (maybe only Peninsula Malaya) when Sabah is dithering or edging towards reverse takeover by the illegal people becoming dubious citizens under project IC - the drama (no longer in the dark) of UMNO.  

Now that Sarawak's Electoral Rolls certified on 31 July at 915,813 appears to have substantial phantom voters if we compare the demographic trends in Sabah with 790,000 registered voters.  For GE 2004, Sabah had 769,000 when the population has been on the rise.  The question of sovereignty is at stake here.

Meanwhile the latest news of 3 dead Policemen and another in critical condition after shooting by 'criminals' in Sungai Buloh over an investigation of 'drugs' is a recipe for national disaster when illegals including dubious citizens are too many in the nation.  For Sabah, the trojan horses (treasured by UMNO) need not shoot but already running the many dramas seen and unseen with dubious elected but illegal representatives.  Is it true that some groups lost some thousands of armed militia in unsubstantiated scenario in Pulau Gaya a few years ago?  Whatever that maybe, Sabah is still under the divine protection because of Joshua Kong - a survivor and unpaid public auditor for 18 Police Reports worth many Trillions of Ringgit.

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS and WON)
LATEST BOOK - "A case of victory - landslide or rigslide" on the Malaysian General Elections 2004
http://migs-mega-icc-group-sabah/
http://migs-sabah.blogspot.com/
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... age%3D1#pid16300759 for MIGS
http://won-borneo.blogspot. com/; http://malaysian-elections-2004.blogspot.com/
http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

[ Last edited by  13Friday at 4-11-2007 12:51 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-11-2007 06:34 AM | Show all posts

do this now

I am wondering why we need 50,000 new ballot boxes when there are on 219 Parliament seats giving an average 228 boxes per seat and likely excessive. To avoid the abuses of these ballot boxes, all such boxes as Government's property must be properly numbered before use at the polling centres. The Auditor General has a role in this matter.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2007 12:57 AM | Show all posts

Rigging must be STOPPED. Joshua

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=53686
DAILY EXPRESS NEWS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cash: Why so many ballot boxes?
01 November, 2007
Kota Kinabalu: The Consumers Association (Cash) for Sabah and Labuan urged the Election Commission (EC) to do more in addition to providing for transparent ballot boxes and indelible ink to ensure a clean general election.

Deputy president Joshua Kong in a statement here Monday suggested that a legal copy of the birth certificate of candidates be presented at the nomination centre and then exhibited on the notice board for one week at the EC headquarters and district offices.

He said the EC must also take immediate steps to rectify the "faulty Electoral Rolls by deleting all dubious citizens and those who have migrated and given up Malaysian citizenship as mentioned in the police reports (lodged by him) as up to 50 per cent of those voters on the rolls can be holders of Project IC".

At the same time, he said the EC must prepare a complete set of valid Electoral Rolls in its State headquarters for public viewing after the General Election is called, if not make a soft copy available on the in-house computers.

"The ballot papers as issued must be signed (by hand or stamped) by the candidates and/or the polling agents before they are dropped into the ballot boxes," he said.

Kong also questioned the need for 50,000 new ballot boxes when there are only 219 Parliament seats giving an average 228 boxes per seat.

"To avoid abuses, all these boxes being government property must be properly numbered before they are used at the polling centres, hence the Auditor-General has a role in this matter," he said.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-11-2007 11:06 PM | Show all posts

some items

3)        About the 271 Gold medal in Sawit Kinabalu and the gun in the safe for save keeping, we need to ask the illegal Chief Minister to tell us the list of those so many royal staff of 25 years given such expensive medals.  Also who is the owner /licence holder of that gun and that the Police must take appropriate action?  Why is Musa answering questions over RM350,000 (small amount only) when hundreds of Millions/ or a few  billions Ringgit under the Chief Minister and the same Finance Minister escaped the Auditor General?  AG, please tell us how wide and how deep are your audit?

4)        About the effort by BERSIH to hand over a petition to the Agong on 10th November 2007, is it necessary for a Police permit when the people in yellow just walk from Dataran Merdeka without any noise or banners to the Istana Besar (Palace)?  The number can be big but what is wrong to walk in the streets like anybody else?  I think some guilty parties would find fault to disrupt the  anti Government Rigs Elections All Times (GREAT) walk.

5)        Have you seen the latest UMNO's video propaganda on the Batu Buruk's protest which is very much different from the first shorter version?  Who had created this new video to confuse the viewers?

6)         Datuk Lajim is both the Inspector General of projects and the Chairman of Public Accounts Committee of Sabah.  He is holding a double jobs and how can he supervise his official duties when conflict can occur as we have seen the Auditor General Report 2006?  Datuk Lajim has complaints of inadequate qualified auditors to deal with some of the accounts of Government departments and GLCs.   With the number of Police Reports worth a few trillions of Ringgit, I believe I have done a better job than the Auditor Generals over the last few decades.

7)        Before I lodged the ACA and Police Report in 2004 over the RM5 billions water malaise in Sabah, I had asked the Accountant to have access to 1,000 water statements to verify a better picture of the loss in NRW.  My request was turned down but I did send a fax to the Auditor General on the malaise, but has the AG done any thing in this direction?  There was a loss of RM24m in 1994 and what happen to that?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 03:17 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054895 second(s), 31 queries .