CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 8202|Reply: 19

Jujutsu

[Copy link]
Post time 22-11-2007 08:55 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Before the advent of modern weapons, man needed a means of survival agains his enemies.  He taught himself to run, jump, throw, hold, punch and kick.  in this way. prehistoric man developed techniques that are employed in Jujutsu, aikido, judo karate, wresting and sumo.

Evidence in the authorized chronicle of Japan (Nihon Shoki) shows that a contest held in 230 B.C. was a close contact martial arts fight.  The contest was held between Takemi-kazuchi-nokami and Takemi-nakata-no-kami.  Takemi-kazuchi-no-kami took his opponent's arm joint and threw his opponent to the ground.  He was made ruler as a reward.  Another very bloody contest was held between Nomino-sukune and Taimano-kehaya.  Nomino-sukune hit his opponent's chest with his hand, threw his opponent onto the ground, and kicked him to death.

The account of these fights is the earliest record we have of Jujutsu.  Later, Jujutsu (or yawara) appeared in literature in the "Once upon a time tales" (Konjaku-monogatari) of the 11th century.  Over the centuries Jujutsu was called by such names as kumiuchi, kogusoku, taijutsu, wajutsu, torite, koshinomawari, hobaku, etc.  Because the warriors of these accounts wore armor, the techniques consisted mainly of knocking down and then harming their opponents.

Jujutsu became more formally organized in the latter half of the 16th century, and various ryu (schools or styles) were created between the 17th and 19th centuries.  According to Japanese martial arts history, there were 179 styles of Jujutsu during this period.  In those days, the warriors wore light dress, and many Jujutsu techniques employed were joint techniques.  Warriors trained for physical skill, but the buiding of one's character was of the utmost importance as Jujutsu players came strictly from the military class of Japanese society, or the Samurai.

P/S: This is not Brazilian Jiujitsu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-11-2007 09:16 PM | Show all posts
Naruto??   

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2007 10:28 PM | Show all posts
haha............

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-1-2008 09:21 PM | Show all posts
I don't think so, it is supposed to be Ninjutsu or Ninpo

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2008 02:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #4 Wong Onn Yong's post

owww this one is like wrestling one

I like the moves

really throwing people far far far far far away

that's gonna be hurt...ouch

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-2-2008 04:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ReuK at 31-1-2008 02:27 PM
owww this one is like wrestling one

I like the moves

really throwing people far far far far far away

that's gonna be hurt...ouch

Sometimes you can't see it at Aikido or Judo territories, because Jujutsu is complete grappling art

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 3-10-2008 09:14 PM | Show all posts
Jujutsu was known as Kumi-uchi until Tokugawa Bakumatsu Ages

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-12-2008 03:47 PM | Show all posts
Sports Jujutsu

Sport jujutsu is an official sport of the World Games and comes in two main variants: Duo (self-defense demonstration) where both the tori (attacker) and the uke (defender) come from the same team and demonstrate self defense techniques, and Fighting System (freefighting) where competitors combine striking, grappling and submissions under rules which emphasise safety. Many of the potentially dangerous techniques such as scissor takedowns, necklocks and digital choking and locking are prohibited in Sport Jujutsu. There are a number of other styles of sport jujutsu with varying rules.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 28-12-2008 03:49 PM | Show all posts
Jujutsu Competition

The Jujutsukas compete at National level, and the best athletes of every Member Nation are allowed to participate in the local Continental Championships (organised by the local Union) and eventually the World Competitions (which take place every two years).
A well-determined score system based on Continental and World Championship results is then used to assess who the top 4 or 6 seeded Countries (and not athletes!) are for each category. These Countries will then have the right to present their athletes to compete in the International World Games
(every four years) only in the categories for which they have qualified.

The Ju-Jitsu International Federation currently contemplates two different types of Competitions at world level: the Duo System and the Fighting System.

The former is a discipline in which a pair of Jutsukas from the same team show possible self-defence techniques against a series of 12 attacks,randomly called by the mat referee from the 20 codified attacks to cover the following typologies: grip attack (or strangulation), embrace attack (or necklock), hit attack (punch or kick) and armed attack (stick or knife).

The Duo System has three competition categories: male, female or mixed, and the athletes are judged for their speed, accuracy, control and realism. It is arguably the most spectacular form of Ju-jitsu competition and it requires great technical preparation, synchronism and elevated athletic qualities.

With a different approach, the Fighting System is articulated in a series of two-round, one-on-one combats between athletes from opposing teams. The system is divided in 10 categories according to
weight and sex (Male categories: -62 kg, -69kg, -77kg, -85kg, -94kg, +94kg;
Female categories 55kg, -62kg, -70kg, +70kg). The actual combat is divided in three phases (Parts): Part I sees the Jutsukas involved in distance combat (controlled attacks with arms and legs and atemis of various nature). Once a grab has been made the Fight enters Part II and hits are no longer allowed.

The Jujutsukas try to bring one another down with various throwing techniques (and points are given according to how "clean" and effective the action was).

Once down on the tatamis (mats) the match enters its Part III. Here points are given for immobilisation techniques, controlled strangulations or levers on body joints that bring the opponent to yield.

The winner is the Jujutsuka who has accumulated most points during the fight.\

Automatic victory is assigned to the Jutsuka who gets an "Ippon" (clean action, full points) in all three Parts or who outscores his opponent with a 14 point score difference by the end of round one.

This type of competition requires timing, agility, strength and endurance.

dari http://www.jjifweb.com/html/ju-jitsu.html

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-12-2008 01:59 PM | Show all posts
Relationship between Jujutsu and American Wrestling
http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_leonard_0802.htm

Lihatlah apa kaitan Jujutsu dengan gusti, terima kasih!

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2009 11:10 AM | Show all posts
The difference between Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Jujitsu

"What is the difference between Japanese (classical) Jiu-Jitsu (jujutsu) and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?"

The first and most important reason can be found in the art's history and is primary to all others discussed afterward. When you research the history of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, you will understand that it came from "Judo" in its time of renaissance. In the early 1900's, Judo was being developed from a variety of Jiu-jitsu styles in order to make it the most complete and effective martial art in the world. Some older Jiu-jitsu schools only focused on one area of fighting (some practiced primarily standing techniques) and had been left without a realistic battlefield testing ground for hundreds of years. If you recall the history of Judo's beginning, you know that it was made up of mostly standing techniques at first, from Kito Ryu Jiu-jitsu and a few other styles. This alone was not enough, so the groundwork of Fusen Ryu was added, making it more complete. When you say "traditional" or "Japanese" Jiu-jitsu, you are referring to only one of these Jiu-jitsu styles, which is incomplete alone. When you say Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, you are referring to the best techniques from a wide variety of styles.

Our Jiu-Jitsu in the United States was underdeveloped compared to the Jiu-Jitsu in Brazil. Only now are we beginning to catch up, and we are still suffering from the inadequacies of the 'older' and more traditional schools of Jiu-Jitsu in this country. To give you an idea of what I mean, I'll tell you a little about my training. I earned a black belt in a classical style of Jiu-Jitsu, which taught all the Judo throws of the Kodokan and Aikijitsu (the grandfather of Aikido). It was a great art, but one that could not be used on anyone with skill effectively before complete mastery. I was subsequently defeated by a student of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu who was only at blue belt level, while I was a black belt in traditional Jiu-Jitsu. Why? Lack of realistic practice is the reason. There was too much of: "you stay perfectly still while I try an extravagant technique on you and you play along." There are many techniques which is where Judo is great, and some traditional schools teach techniques that were designed thousands of years ago whose applications have not been modified or thought about since. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is simple to learn, so simple that a dedicated student of one year can easily beat martial artists of other styles who have many years of experience.

Some styles of martial arts spend hundreds of hours working on a rigid stance and one hundred standing techniques that cannot possibly be mastered in a reasonable amount of time. I once interviewed Royce Gracie and he gave a response that supports this point quite well:

"We don't believe in teaching a ton of moves every class and the student walking away with limited knowledge. We prefer our students to know 20 techniques at 100%, than 100 techniques at 20%." (Interview with Gene Simco for www.jiu-jitsu.net)

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu focuses on techniques that are easy to learn in a very short period of time. The techniques taught in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu are also effective and have been tested on knowledgeable martial artists who are not cooperating. A small amount of simple but high percentage techniques makes the difference. If all you do is practice five or six techniques, you will be very good at them in a year or so, but if you have to divide your time between a hundred or more techniques, you will most likely be a jack of all trades and a master of none in a year's time. The differences in the two styles of Jiu-Jitsu are not necessarily in the technique, but in the practice and application. First of all, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has a very sophisticated ground-game, where Japanese Jiu-Jitsu places importance on standing techniques, as does Judo. Judo as a sport does not allow leg locks, where Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu does. Sport rules for Judo dictate that if a player has been pinned by his/her opponent for twenty-five seconds, he or she will lose the match. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has no time restraints on ground positions and stalling most often occurs while standing. Older styles of Jiu-Jitsu (often spelled jujutsu or jujitsu) are usually preceded with their style name or Ryu (the Japanese word for "style"). These Ryu of Jiu-Jitsu were developed long ago and have no sport application to allow them to develop technically. The lack of realistic practice is what makes some styles ineffective or obsolete.

To really understand the differences between Brazilian and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, one must research the history of both arts. In particular the birthing of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by Carlos Gracie, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu's founder, who was an avid boxer. Most Japanese Jiu-Jitsu fighters were studying traditional Karate strikes, which are much different from that of a boxer. Maeda, the man who introduced Gracie to Jiu-Jitsu, was also a student of Judo, which at the time was considered an updated version of Jiu-Jitsu, or Kano 's Jiu-Jitsu. As discussed previously, the Judo that the Gracie family was introduced to was a Judo whose focus had turned to ground fighting in recent years. This ground fighting came from only one style of Jiu-jitsu (Fusen Ryu), the other styles that made up Judo had not focused on ground work, so as their practice continued, they stayed to their traditional roots, which considered mainly of standing techniques. While older styles of Jiu-jitsu stuck to their core curriculums, Judo soon forgot about experience and turned its attention to gaining world wide exposure as an Olympic sport, which would eventually restrict the once great art and cause it to focus once again on primarily standing techniques. Maeda was also exposed to western wrestling, as he had encountered one wrestler in particular at the West Point Military Academy in New York, and had more experience fighting throughout Europe and the Americas than any other Japanese fighter of that time.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a progressive style of Jiu-Jitsu; once a technique is developed and used in competition, other Jiu-Jitsu players begin to design counters to that technique, and counters to those counters, which allows Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to evolve freely. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu players do not prepare for the untrained opponent; they assume that their opponent may be more technical.

The problem with some 'older' styles of Jiu-Jitsu is the same problem with old cars, or anything that has not been updated or modified. I earned a black belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and now that I am at an advanced level of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I notice the similarities and differences. Some of the self-defense movements are identical; it is typically in the groundwork (ne waza) where the Judo or Japanese Jiu-Jitsu practitioner lacks ability. It is for that reason I started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Comparing "old" Jiu-Jitsu to "new" Jiu-Jitsu is like comparing old cars to new. Both a Ford Model-T and a Ferrari will do the same job, but a Ferrari will do it more efficiently. The ability of Jiu-Jitsu teachers can be compared to the mechanics certified to work on these cars; if you take a mechanic from 1910 and show him a Ferrari, some things would look familiar, but he would not understand the new design and complexity of the modern variation without proper training.

In the style of "Japanese" or Traditional Jiu-Jitsu I learned, not much is technically different. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has more techniques on the ground whereas Japanese Jiu-Jitsu has more standing techniques. What I like now about having plenty of experience in both styles is that I feel it has brought my technical level to a higher understanding. I know lots of little details and "tricks" or "secrets" within the techniques that you don't see anywhere. I think that although things improve in the evolution of Jiu-Jitsu, you also lose some details that the "ancient" schools sometimes hold "secret". Without proper modification, these "secrets" don't mean much, but when you combine them with the refined practice of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, you've really got something. As I get higher in the ranks of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I start to appreciate the Model T. I'm not so embarrassed of my "old" Black Belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu anymore, I'm actually learning to apply it. I know details of arm locks and chokes that I don't see anywhere else. It is important to note, however, that I attribute my ability to apply the old Jiu-Jitsu to my advanced level in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

http://www.lasr.net/recreationarticles.php?ID=2969

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2009 05:59 PM | Show all posts
Sebenarnya Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu (atau Aiki Jutsu) cumalah salah satu aliran Jujutsu, dan Daito Ryu sebelum zaman Taisho atau sebelum 1912 masihi adalah Daito Ryu Jujutsu. Takeda Sokaku pula menukarkan Daito Ryu Jujutsu kepada Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, lagi anak Takeda Sokaku, Takeda Tokimune, beliau mengelar beladirinya sendiri sebagai Daito Ryu Aiki Budo.

Apapun, mengikut sudut sejarah Daito Ryu itu tetap aliran Jujutsu dan Aiki Jujutsu atau Aiki Jutsu itu "papan tanda" sahaja.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2009 09:33 PM | Show all posts
Kumi-uchi merupakan nama asal Jujutsu sehingga hujung zaman Edo, dan juga dievolusikan ke Sumo, Ninjutsu dan juga Nippon Kempo. Sebagai pengintip, Ninja pada zaman lampau dedikasikan Jujutsu atau Kumi-uchi (ataupun Taijutsu) untuk berlawan dengan pihak lawan yang bersenjata.

Karyaan sejarah Wushu juga menyebutkan duta Dinasti Ming bernama Chen Yuan Yun membawa Chin Na masuk ke Jepun dan juga menerima 3 anak didikan Jepun, oleh itu sesetengah pengamal beladiri berbangsa Cina berpendapat Jujutsu berasal dari duta Dinasti Ming Chen Yuan Yun.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-4-2009 12:15 PM | Show all posts
Jujutsu and Taijutsu

Japanese unarmed grappling arts have been around for a very long time. The first references to such unarmed combat arts or systems can be found in the earliest so-called historical records of Japan, the Kojiki (Record of Ancient Matters) and the Nihon Shoki (Chronicles of Japan), which relate the mythological creation of the country and the establishment of the Imperial family. Other glimpses can be found in the older records and pictures depicting sumai (or sumo) no sechie, a rite of the Imperial Court in Nara and Kyoto performed for purposes of divination and to help ensure a bountiful harvest. These systems of unarmed combat began to be known as jujutsu, among other related terms, during the Muromachi period (1333-1568), according to densho (transmission scrolls) of the various ryu-ha (martial traditions, "schools") and historical records.

Some define jujutsu and similar arts rather narrowly as "unarmed" close combat systems used to defeat or control an enemy who is similarly unarmed. Basic methods of attack include hitting or striking, thrusting or punching, kicking, throwing, pinning or immobilizing, strangling, and joint-locking. Great pains were also taken by the bushi (classic warriors) to develop effective methods of defense, including parrying or blocking strikes, thrusts and kicks, receiving throws or joint-locking techniques (i.e., falling safely and knowing how to "blend" to neutralize a technique's effect), releasing oneself from an enemy's grasp, and changing or shifting one's position to evade or neutralize an attack.

From a broader point of view, based on the curricula of many of the classical Japanese arts themselves, however, these arts may perhaps be more accurately defined as unarmed methods of dealing with an enemy who was armed, together with methods of using minor weapons such as the jutte (truncheon), tanto (knife), or kakushi buki (hidden weapons), such as the ryofundo kusari (weighted chain) or the bankokuchoki (a type of knuckle-duster), to defeat both armed or unarmed opponents. Furthermore, the term jujutsu was also sometimes used to refer to tactics for infighting used with the warrior's major weapons: ken or tachi (sword), yari (spear), naginata (glaive), and bo (staff).

These close combat methods were an important part of the different martial systems that were developed for use on the battlefield. They can be generally characterized as either Sengoku Jidai (Warring States period, 1467-1568) katchu bujutsu or yoroi kumiuchi (fighting with weapons or grappling while clad in armor), or Edo Jidai (Edo period, 1600-1868) suhada bujutsu (fighting while dressed in the normal street clothing of the period, kimono and hakama).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-4-2009 12:17 PM | Show all posts
The Names of Unarmed and Close Combat Systems

Although these arts are most commonly referred to under the general rubric of "jujutsu," there were many different names for these types of techniques and tactics, varying from ryu to ryu. Hade, hakuda, jujutsu, kempo (Sekiguchi-ryu, Araki-ryu, Seigo-ryu), koppo, kogusoku, and koshi no mawari (Takenouchi-ryu and Yagyu Shingan-ryu), kowami, kumiuchi, shubaku, tode, torite, yawara[jutsu] (Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto-ryu, Tatsumi-ryu and Shosho-ryu), and yoroi kumiuchi (Yagyu Shingan-ryu) are a few of the words that were used over the years. In some traditions, such as the Takenouchi-ryu and Yagyu Shingan-ryu, more than one term was used to refer to separate parts of their curricula. Each of these words denotes systems with different contents or slightly varied technical characteristics.

The Development of Unarmed and Close Combat Systems

Regardless of where they live, people spend a great deal of time developing and perfecting methods of using weapons for hunting and fighting. If successful, personal experiences and insights (often gained on the battlefield) help individuals to establish particular "styles," "schools," or "traditions"--in Japanese, the bujutsu ryu-ha.

Compared with the empty-handed fighting arts of neighboring China and Korea, Japanese jujutsu systems place more emphasis on throwing, immobilizing and/or pinning, joint-locking, and strangling techniques. Atemiwaza (striking techniques) are of secondary importance in most Japanese systems, whereas the Chinese ch'uan-fa (J.: kempo) emphasize punching, striking, and kicking. It is generally felt that the Japanese systems of hakuda, kempo, and shubaku display some degree of Chinese influence in their particular emphasis on atemiwaza, while systems that are derived from a more purely Japanese source do not show any special preference for such techniques, but will use them as and when appropriate.

There are several reasons why Japanese arts developed in this way. First, there was a major change in the conduct of warfare during the Sengoku Jidai compared with that of earlier times. Fighting was typified by large-scale engagements on the battlefield. Bushi, dressed in armor, fought all over the place in a melee situation--not the sort of conditions where striking an enemy with one's fists or feet would be effective. The close quarters tactics of the day called for closing with the enemy, throwing him down, and taking his head.

Another reason for the secondary emphasis on atemiwaza in Japanese systems is the fact that, even when one's opponent is not wearing any sort of protective equipment, it is difficult to defeat (by killing or incapacitating) a trained fighter with one blow; under these circumstances, failure is more likely than success. If your attempt fails, the enemy will use the weapon he carries to cut you down. The most important thing, then, is not to allow him to use his weapon. If it is a sword, then you must be able to control his right hand and prevent him from drawing it, or, if he manages to draw it, you must be able to stop him from using it against you. Commonly seen examples of these kinds of techniques can be seen in Kime no Kata (Forms of Decision) in nukikake (Sword Unsheathing), and kirioroshi (Downward Cut), judo techniques based on the older jujutsu forms of the Tenjin Shinyo-ryu. On the other hand, if you are the one with the sword (or other weapon), you must be able to free yourself from your enemy's grasp, open the distance, and bring an effective counterattack to bear, a tactic that occurs in a number of the techniques in Yagyu Shingan-ryu.

Thus, close quarters grappling skills were essential for both the shogunate law enforcement officers and for warriors, to enable them to overcome an opponent when unarmed or armed only with a "minor" weapon. In fact, there were times when using one's own weapons was either difficult or impossible. A bushi would generally resort to his sword when threatened, but there were some situations in which he was not permitted to use it. One example was in a lord's castle. This was the cause of the events recounted in "Chushingura" (The Story of the 47 Ronin), where Lord Asano draws his short sword within Edo Castle and attempts to cut down Lord Kira for having insulted him. This was a major offense, punishable by death, and his life and domain were therefore forfeit, leading to the famous vendetta.

Another typical use of jujutsu by warriors was when a high-ranking warrior was attacked by one of lower status. In such a case, even if the low-ranked warrior, an ashigaru (foot soldier, the lowest level of bushi) for example, were to attack, say, a general, with a drawn sword, it would have been unseemly for the higher officer to use a weapon against such a common person; thus warriors also needed to be able to control and subdue such opponents in a manner befitting their status.

In future columns, I will discuss several jujutsu ryu, both those developed for use on the battlefield during the Sengoku Jidai (Takenouchi-ryu, Yagyu Shingan-ryu, and others) and ones that were created during the 250-odd years of peace under the Tokugawa bakufu (military government), such as the Yoshin-ryu and Tenjin Shinyo-ryu. There are a number of very important differences between them and they're worth exploring.

karya dari http://www.koryu.com/library/mskoss8.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-9-2010 12:24 AM | Show all posts
Kepada peminat-peminat Jujutsu sekalian,

Adakah sesiapa peminat Jujutsu biasa mengambil pengangkutan transit? Saudara/saudari boleh mengambil transit KTM ke Mid Valley, lepas itu boleh jalan kaki ke bus stand Jalan Syed Putra depan dari kedai 7-11 menukarkan bas sampai bus stand perdekatan dengan stesen minyak BHP Jalan Klang Lama untuk buat lawatan atau memasuki Traditional Kano Jujutsu Dojo.

Terima Kasih!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-10-2010 03:25 AM | Show all posts
Kemaskinian

Yang stesen minyak BHP Jalan Klang Lama itu sebenarnya stesen BHP kedua yang sebelum Pearl Point, lepas itu boleh berjalan kaki ke Traditional Kano Jujutsu Dojo.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-12-2011 02:08 AM | Show all posts
Tanaka Jujitsu Academy sudah ada blog dan facebook fanpage

1) hybrid jujitsu dot blogspot dot com
2) type hybrid jujitsu click search kat facebook

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2012 05:07 PM | Show all posts
its a very dangerous sport actually,can be killed by its moves,even a simple move

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2023 07:07 PM | Show all posts
Boleh Semak di Facebook

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-3-2024 02:42 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.193153 second(s), 47 queries .