Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: :.Dreamy_Eyes.:

~All About Christina Aguilera~ Part 2

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 15-2-2009 08:49 PM | Show all posts

AGUILERA TO COLLABORATE WITH LADYTRON

Christina Aguilera is to work with electro group Ladytron on her upcoming album, it has emerged.

The Liverpool-based band told Radio 1 that they have been working on tracks for the collaboration.

"We've got a few songs for her. Right now we're still in the studio," the group said.

"One song is a cover of 'My Delirium'. It's all very interesting work, and new ground for all of us involved."

No release date has yet been given for the cover of the Ladyhawke hit or any other tracks from the sessions.

Source: Digital Spy

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-2-2009 08:49 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA TALKS VALENTINES!

[table=98%][tr][td]Christina talks to us about her perfect Valentine's Day and reveals what she will be wearing on the special day!

Most of us love Valentine's Day and Christina Aguilera is no exception. In fact, the pint size star used Valentine's Day as an inspiration for her perfumes. 揤alentine's Day is a great excuse to celebrate your femininity and feel glamorous. Fragrance plays an important role and can boost confidence as well as sex appeal. There have been moments when a person isn抰 on my radar until I notice the way they smell.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-2-2009 08:50 PM | Show all posts

AGUILERA RECRUITS ELECTRO-ROCKERS FOR NEW SOUND

CHRISTINA AGUILERA is planning to completely revamp her pop sound and explore synth music - with the help of U.K. rockers LADYTRON.

The singer is such a fan of the electro quartet she has recruited them to help shape her new vocal style.

And Ladytron keyboardist Daniel Hunt explains that Aguilera, famed for her three-octave range, has toned down her powerful singing as a result of their studio collaboration.

Hunt says, "We first heard that we were one of Christina's favourite bands last summer. We were chuffed. So we went over to L.A. to meet her in December where she identified the type of Ladytron songs that she liked.

"We were impressed because she had a real deep knowledge of our music - album tracks, not just the singles. She's an absolutely amazing singer but one of the things she talked about was working with a softer vocal sound, so I think the stuff we do will feature simpler melodies."

And Hunt isn't ruling out live performances with the Dirrty hitmaker: "We haven't discussed performing together but I'd love for us to do something - maybe be her backing band for a show or two."

Source: Contact Music

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-2-2009 08:52 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA TO SOFTEN SOUND

Christina Aguilera wants to tone down her singing voice.

The 'Dirrty' singer has been working with her favourite band, electro pop outfit Ladytron, to help her develop a "softer vocal sound".

Ladytron founder, Daniel Hunt, said: "She's an absolutely amazing singer but one of the things she talked about was working with a softer vocal sound, so I think the stuff we do will feature simpler melodies."

The 28-year-old singer hired the band to help her achieve her new sound after she fell in love with the British quartet's music.

Daniel, 29, said: "We first heard that we were one of Christina's favorite bands last summer. We were thrilled. So we went over to Los Angeles to meet her in December where she identified the type of Ladytron songs that she liked. We were impressed because she had a real deep knowledge of our music - album tracks, not just the singles."

A live collaboration between Christina - who has a one-year-old son Max Liron with husband Jordan Bratman - and the band has not been ruled out, with Ladytron keen to show off their work onstage.

Daniel added to Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "We're going to finish off some more tunes with her in March.

"We haven't discussed performing together but I'd love for us to do something - maybe be her backing band for a show or two."

Source: MyParkMag

Use magic Report

Post time 18-2-2009 02:18 AM | Show all posts
rinduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:12 PM | Show all posts

FAB FAB AD: CHRISTINA AGUILERA FOR STEPHEN WEBSTER

[table=98%][tr][td]Stephen Webster's muse, Christina Aguilera, is back again with a dazzling '09 ad campaign for the jewelry designer. Check out the songstress looking like a futuristic hottie decked out in Webster's line of modern baubles. "Stephen and I have been friends for many years and working together on a second campaign has been an amazing experience,

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:14 PM | Show all posts

BLOGGER PEREZ HILTON THROWS STAR-STUDDED PARTY

For someone who mocks celebrities on his popular blog, Perez Hilton sure has a lot of famous friends.

Christina Aguilera, the Jonas Brothers, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian were among some 200 well-wishers who attended the gossip king's 31st birthday party Saturday night.

"I'm not thrilled with the number 31," Hilton, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, said on the pink carpet in front of the Viper Room nightclub. "But I am super excited that, right now, I'm happier in my life than I ever have been before."

Hilton bragged that the first gift he received was from "High School Musical" heartthrob Zac Efron.

"He sent me a bottle of champagne to my hotel room, which made me squeal like a little school girl," he gushed.

The Jonas Brothers, who dashed from the Kids' Choice Awards to sing "Happy Birthday" to Hilton, gave him an autographed guitar.

Aguilera belted her version of Marilyn Monroe's sultry birthday serenade to President John F. Kennedy.

"Happy birthday, Mr. Per-ez-ident," she cooed.

Source: The Associated Press

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:15 PM | Show all posts

AGUILERA THRILLS HILTON WITH BIRTHDAY SONG

Christina Aguilera thrilled blogger Perez Hilton by serenading him at his 31st birthday party at the Viper Room in Hollywood on Saturday night.

The singer recreated Marilyn Monroe's breathy rendition of "Happy Birthday" she performed for President John F. Kennedy.

She sang "Happy birthday, Mr. Per-ez-ident" as celebrity pals like the Jonas Brothers and Paris Hilton looked on.

The blogger received champagne from Zac Efron and a signed guitar from the Jonas Brothers, who raced to his 31st party from the Kids' Choice Awards, where they were named Favorite Music Group.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:16 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA, JONAS BROTHERS SUPRISE PEREZ HILTON

[table=98%][tr][td]Taking a cue from Hollywood抯 most enduring icon, Marilyn Monroe, Christina Aguilera hit the Sunset Strip on Saturday night to toast the town抯 reigning king of gossip, Perez Hilton. Rocking a leopard print body-suit, fish nets and black knee-high boots, the rarely seen pop star (with her husband Jordan Bratman in tow) made a surprise appearance at L.A.抯 famed Viper Room, where, following a fierce performance of 揕ady Marmalade

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:17 PM | Show all posts

AGUILERA SINGS SPECIAL BIRTHDAY SONG FOR PEREZ HILTON

Pop star Christina Aguilera thrilled blogger Perez Hilton on his 31st birthday party by crooning a special birthday song to him.

The 'Oh Mother' hitmaker recreated Marilyn Monroe's 'Happy Birthday Mr. President' for the celebrity blogger on his birthday party.

Aguilera's performance of 'Happy birthday, Mr. Per-ez-ident' was seen by celebrities like the Jonas Brothers and Paris Hilton.The blogger received champagne from Zac Efron and a signed guitar from the Jonas Brothers, who raced to his 31st party from the Kids' Choice Awards, where they were named Favourite Music Group.

Source: Daily India

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:18 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA: BLONDE WITH A BOUNCE

Christina Aguilera had a bounce in her stride as she left La Scala restaurant in Beverly Hills, CA, on Tuesday, March 31.

The 28-year-old hot mama wore faded blue skinny jeans with a light white jacket atop a black and white striped top. Two of the three buttons on her scoop neckline top were left tantalizingly open.

She accessorized with light blue pumps, oversized white rimmed double shaded sunglasses, multi color stone heart pendant and black distressed leather shoulder bag.

Her signature blond hair was secured back under a long blue scarf with the fringe covering her forehead.

Christina Aguilera is working on her fourth studio album, tentatively set for release in Summer 2009. She is pursuing more futuristic sounds in the album and collaborating with electronic-oriented artists such as Australian pop singer Sia Furler.

Aguilera's last album, Back to Basics, which released in August 2006, moved 1.6 million copies.

Her work has earned her five Grammy Awards and she has sold more than 37 million records worldwide.

Christina and music marketing executive husband, Jordan Bratman, welcomed son Max Liron Bratman at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, in January 2008.

Source: South Asian Women's Forum

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:19 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA STOCKS UP ON SEXY LINGERIE

[table=98%][tr][td]Imbibing in a much-needed afternoon of retail therapy, Christina Aguilera headed out on a West Hollywood shopping spree on Tuesday (March 31).

The 揋enie In a Bottle

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:20 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA TO GET DIRRTY IN THE BEDROOM

Although she's settled down with a husband and child, Christina Aguilera still knows how to put on a good show in the bedroom. The pop star with the raunchy past was spotted at the Agent Provocateur boutique in Los Angeles yesterday afternoon eyeing the wares there.

Her casual t-shirt, button-up men's style shirt and jeans concealed her post-baby curves, which she was eager to clothe with sexy lingerie.

The sexy singer has admitted that her love life with hubby Jordan Bratman has changed a little bit since the arrival of their son Max. "Once we know he's in good hands, we go out late at night and have a few drinks. Then we'll come home, dim the lights and do our thing...and I'm not going into any more detail than that," Aguilera told Glamour magazine. That's cool. We'll just watch a few music videos and do the math ourselves.

Source: Celebuzz

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:21 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA AGUILERA IS AGENT PROVOCATEUR PRETTY

[table=98%][tr][td]Christina Aguilera lunches at LaScala Restaurant and then picks up a few intimates at Agent Provocateur on Tuesday (March 31) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 28-year-old songstress also showed off a cute bejeweled heart necklace inscribed with her one-year-old son Max抯 name.

Christina is currently recording her fourth studio album, which she describes as 搒hort, sweet and completely different

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:23 PM | Show all posts

CHRISTINA ATTENDING A LINDA PERRY EVENT ON APRIL 24

Songwriter/Producer Linda Perry and Impresario/Event Producer Brent Bolthouse will join the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center to present the Center's 'An Evening with Women: Celebrating Art, Music & Equality' hosted by LGBT icon Gina Gershon, on Friday, April 24 at 6 p.m. in the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The event will include a star-studded dinner with a performance by music industry giant Linda Perry featuring a very special appearance by Christina Aguilera.

Previously known as 'Women's Night,' 'An Evening with Women' will honor lesbian and bisexual women who have made significant contributions to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Women being honored at the event are: Adelina Anthony, Arts & Entertainment Award; JD Disalvatore, Volunteer Award; Dr. Katherine Gabel, Professional Achievement Award; Hannah Howard, Grassroots Activist Award; and Anne Marie Williams, Public Service Award.

Event proceeds support the Center's many women-specific services, which include health and medical, legal assistance, cultural programs, domestic violence prevention and education, self-enrichment courses, social events, and discussion groups.

This year's event is striking a new note thanks to the support of Linda Perry, who invited Christina Aguilera and asked Brent Bolthouse to produce the event.

"Because the Center is so important to me, I wanted to do everything I could to make this year's event the best ever," says Perry, who is serving this year as one of the event's three co-chairs alongside Center Board Members Kelly Lynch and Annie Goto. "My friends rose to the occasion to help plan an evening of incredible entertainment, including a live auction with Sharon Stone reprising her role as auctioneer."

The evening will also include a performance by Uh Huh Her (Camila Grey and The L Word's Leisha Hailey).

Together, Linda Perry and Brent Bolthouse secured a phenomenal Host Committee that reads like a who's who of Hollywood. This year's Host Committee includes:

Alessandra Ambrosio
Alicia Silverstone
Amanda DeCadenet
Amber Valletta
Annabelle Wallis
Ben Silverman
Bryan Lourd
Bryan Rabin
Cher
Chris Miller
Chuck James
Cybill Shepherd
Dania Ramirez
David Cooley
Dylan McDermott
Eliza Dushku
Eric Dane
Flea
George Freeman
Gina Gershon
Hilary Tisch
Jaime King
Jane Lynch
Jane Velez-Mitchell
Jared Leto
Jason Weinberg
Jennifer Beals
Kat Von D
Kristen Bell
Lady Gaga
Laurie Stark
Lisa Edelstein
Loree Rodkin
Lorri L. Jean
Marisa Tomei
Nina Lederman
Perez Hilton
Peter Paige
Pink
Rory Freedman
Rosario Dawson
Slash
Susan Feniger
Tegan and Sara

Linda Perry-writer and producer for artists such as Aguilera, Pink, Gwen Stefani and Alicia Keys as well as CEO of record label Custard Records (James Blunt, Big Elf and Ben Jellen)-first got involved with the Center in 2006, when she performed at Women's Night and brought special guests Courtney Love and Billy Corgan on stage. In 2008, Perry was recognized with the 'Creative Integrity Award' at the event.

In addition to dinner and an evening of unforgettable musical performances, guests will have the opportunity to bid on an extensive silent auction that will include travel and entertainment packages, sporting items such as Burton snowboards, as well as high-end and unique items such as an autographed scooter donated by Pink and an iPod donated by Gwen Stefani-who not only signed it but programmed it with her personal playlist.

"The outpouring of support for An Evening with Women has been overwhelming. The Center is an incredible resource for the community, and people are responding to that," Bolthouse says. "The issue of treating people with respect and dignity is an issue that concerns everyone, and that is what the Center's work is all about."

Gold sponsors for the event include Anita May Rosenstein and American Airlines. Silver sponsors are Showtime Networks, Club Skirts and Pinnacle.

For more information or to purchase tickets, go to www.AnEveningWithWomen.org. Tickets are $300 per seat or $3,000 for a table.

About the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
Since 1971 the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center has been building the health, advocating for the rights and enriching the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Our wide array of services and programs includes: free HIV/AIDS care and medications for those most in need; housing, food, clothing and support for homeless LGBT youth; low-cost counseling and addiction-recovery services; essential services for LGBT-parented families and seniors; legal services; health education and HIV prevention programs; transgender services; cultural arts and much more. Visit us on the Web at: www.lagaycenter.org.

Source: Out In LA

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:27 PM | Show all posts

SIA FURLER IS ENJOYING ATTENTIONS OF CHRISTINA AGUILERA

Sia Furler couldn't afford a cup of coffee a short time ago. Now she's writing songs with Christina Aguilera.

Superstar Christina Aguilera handpicked the Adelaide singer to write with for her new album.

But when Furler flew to LA for the Aguilera writing session last month she had only $200 in the bank after being ripped off by a dodgy accountant.

After spending most of her remaining cash on an 憫LA facial'' Furler found herself unable to even afford a coffee at Starbucks a few hours later.

Yet she's now talking from Aguilera's home studio, where the multi-millionaire star has lent Furler her personal 憫mani/pedi'' technician Lida.

憫Lida comes to Christina's house twice a week to do her nails, she's let me borrow her for a few hours,'' Furler says.

憫Life is pretty surreal and awesome.''

When Aguilera contacted Furler for the writing session the star wanted to 憫get into her world''.

Now it's Furler who finds herself falling head -- and feet -- first into Christinaland; getting manicures, pedicures and neck massages while working in the backyard studio in the house Aguilera bought from the Osbournes -- the one used in their reality show.

憫It's her home studio,'' Furler says. 憫But it's not like most of my friends' home studios, in their bedrooms with one microphone obviously.''

Aguilera -- who shares a birthday (December 18) with Furler -- won over Sia with a fan email.

Furler's 2005 song Breathe Me -- used in Six Feet Under and countless other TV shows and ads -- was just one of Aguilera's favourite Sia songs.

憫Obviously she likes Breathe Me, that's the one everyone goes for, but she mentioned seven songs as far back as the first Zero 7 album, and songs like Destiny and Distractions, and a song called Moon from my last album that nobody ever picks as a favourite.

憫That won her some points, she's a listener, she knows my random album tracks nobody gives a s--- about. That's pretty flattering.''

Though Furler was shocked the singer knew who she was, the feeling was mutual -- Furler expressing her love of Aguilera's ballad Beautiful.

And it was Sia's way with ballads that Aguilera wanted for her own musical DNA.

憫That's why I'm here, that's my department, I'm from the ballads department,'' Furler says.

憫We've written some really wonderful songs. I would put any of the songs we've written on one of my albums. And it's a total collaboration. There are some artists who walk in and say 慖 want to write a song about a stiletto', then walk out again.

憫You write the song and they take a third. That's not at all what it's been like working with Christina. Often she saves the day when we're stuck.''

The collaboration (including Furler's bassist Sam Dixon) has already yielded four tracks, with Aguilera wanting to write more.

憫There have been a few goosebumps-on-my-scalp moments I must say,'' Furler says. 憫I definitely pooped my pants when she first sang out loud in the room with us. She's dope. She can afford to take risks. She's at a place in her career where she could do a line-dancing record and it'd sell a bazillion copies because it's her singing. That what she touches turns to gold.''

Despite reports this is Aguilera's 憫electro'' album after collaborations with Goldfrapp and Ladytron, Furler has kept her musical blinkers on.

憫I didn't listen to anything she's done because I didn't want to be swayed in any direction. She wanted my personality and style so we dived right in from day one. I'm very privileged she's let me step into this world. She's awesome and so easy to work with. It's a dream collaboration for me. Really amazing. It's the start of my new life.''

Indeed it is. After Aguilera, Furler has done a session with Natasha Bedingfield, who's been handed some of her shelved material.

憫I love hip hop and I have a bunch of urban songs I write for fun that I can't put on my albums because people would laugh and point,'' Furler says. 憫So I'm pulling out a bunch of those for Natasha.''

Furler also got the call from Beck, offering his services for her next album.

憫He said, 慖've written a couple of tracks for your next album' so I'm really excited. I adore him and I love his taste in music.''

She's also about to write lyrics for a 憫huge pop star'' she declines to name but her hints -- 憫one of her past lyrics is one of my favourite of all time, it's about boobs and it's hilarious'' -- suggest it may well be Shakira.

This new life as songwriter for hire is clearly taking off.

憫It's all just started happening this year,'' Furler says. 憫I don't know who talked me up in the pop world but word has spread that I'm easygoing and fast at writing songs. I can clear my mind and lyrics just come out, it's very easy for me. Christina said, 慖t's so easy to write with you' and that's the ultimate compliment.''

Furler's third album, Some People Have Real Problems, was released in January last year.

Hidden track Buttons became a radio hit; the album reached No.26 on the US chart.

The success was all the more impressive considering Furler has long shunned offers of a major record deal. She'll finish album No.4 in April, then has to deal with 憫all the boring politics that come with making an album actually happen once it's been recorded'' to ensure a release by October.

Furler has more knowledge of the 憫boring politics'' than most. For Some People she did a deal with an investment company for the cash needed to record, market and promote the album globally.

She's done a seven-figure deal with the same company for her next album.

憫I don't need a record company,'' Furler says. 憫I've just closed a pound stg. 1 million deal for this next one. I will use that pound stg. 1 million to pay myself, my musicians, a marketing company, a PR company, then I'll get a licensing and distribution deal. I'll outsource everything a record company would do for me.

憫It's only for one album. It's a risk, if I fail no one will want to invest in me next time, but a record company could drop me as well. It's great for me, it's great to negotiate fresh every time I put out a record. Gratefully, for the past two records the only way has been up. Yes, there's the distinct possibly I could make a flop and shoot myself in the foot, but I feel confident I can make another good record.''

Furler admits the 憫dodgy accountant'' has set her back financially after years of headway made by choice use of her songs in TV shows and ads -- including Breathe Me used by Coles
supermarkets in Australia -- which paid for her apartment in New York.

憫I was in the black but I got effed over by an accountant,'' Furler says. 憫I had hundreds of thousands of dollars of tax penalties. It's been an interesting time.

I had tenants trash my house by the sea in Adelaide earlier this year, they did $30,000 damage.

憫I've had a bit of bad luck financially but I'm not afraid. You hear about dodgy accountants, I thought 慖t'll never happen to me'. But it did. Now I'm telling all my hippie friends who've never put a tax return in, 慞lease do your taxes!' I'm worried about everyone now.''

This year Furler has been lured to Australia for her first headlining tour, as well as a stint performing Buttons on the MTV Awards.

憫We're making a marriage of creative minds,'' Furler says of her negotiations with the music station. 憫There's going to be brains all over the walls.''

The belated tour, she says, comes down to finances.

憫It's too expensive to tour there the way I like to tour so I've never really concentrated on Australia. I didn't think I had enough fans to subsidise my touring costs. And I still don't know, hopefully people go.''

With soldout shows across the land, Furler need not worry.

However, though she's dabbling with superstardom by creative osmosis, she insists she couldn't handle the fame that comes with being Christina Aguilera.

憫That's why it's great to do the songwriting. That affords me the freedom in my solo career to do things that might not gain commercial success. If it's a success hopefully I won't have to do so much of the business side, I won't have to do as much promo and travelling.

憫The idea of being famous might have been a dream I had when I was 10, but it's not the dream I have now at 33.''

Furler got a brief taste of fame last year when her relationship with gender-bending lesbian J.D. Samson of Le Tigre made headlines.

憫No one cares,'' Furler says. 憫They only cared for the six weeks I was famous. It's 2009 -- everyone's gay, everyone's straight, everyone's doing it. It's old news. It's passe being gay.''

Source: Herald Sun

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-4-2009 01:28 PM | Show all posts

NICOLE RICHIE PRAISES AGUILERA

Nicole Richie thinks Christina Aguilera is a "great wife".

The 'Simple Life' star befriended the 'Car Wash' singer when they gave birth to their first children, Harlow and Max, last January.

Nicole said: "Christina and I haven't known each other long but we met through mutual friends. Because we had our babies at the same time - they were born one day apart - we've got to know each other.

"She's a great wife, great mom and great singer. She does it all. And I'm sure Max gets better lullabies than Harlow!"

The 27-year-old socialite also spoke about her on/off friendship with hotel heiress Paris Hilton.

She said: "We went through a phase where we weren't speaking, but I think you can safely say that for anyone who has been friends for 25 years.

"I don't really get into fights with people, and if I ever had a falling out it has ultimately been resolved. It's part of growing up."

Source: MyParkMag

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 08:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.130976 second(s), 38 queries .