CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 5012|Reply: 10

Advanced Combat Rifle (Singapore)

[Copy link]
Post time 3-2-2008 02:16 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Also designated ACR. Not to be confused with the United States Advanced Combat Rifle project and the Steyr ACR. Little is known about this project/weapon, except that it is very similar in looks and design to the SAR-21. It is assumed that this is either a SAR-21 prototype, or a hand-built weapon made to illustrate the requirements of the Singapore Armed Forces new infantry weapon replacement for the ageing M16S1 in service.

Design

All comparisons will be done with respect to the SAR-21 rifle.

It is of bull-pup design, made of plastic materials. The charging handle, like the SAR-21 is located on the top and ambidextrous but much smaller in design and lacking non-slip grooves.

Unlike conventional bullpups (and also the SAR-21) in which the bolt assembly seals the ejection port (when bolt is closed) this rifle utilises a dust cover. While the SAR-21's scope/carrying handle is encased in non-slip rubber to prevent slipping, the ACR's scope/carrying handle does without the rubber and is marked with non-slip grooves instead.

The rifle sling is mounted on the left side of the rifle via retainer lugs on both ends (like the Steyr AUG) instead of from the top ends.
The Laser Aiming Device (LAD) is located on the top of the barrel instead of at the bottom. The hand guard is slightly rounded at the bottom with lined grooves. There is a kevlar cheek plate on the left side of the butt to protect the user in the case of chamber explosion or other forms of catastrophic failure. The kevlar plate appears to be a separate component on the exterior of the weapon and can be removed with the use of tools.

There are also what seem to be rails at the bottom of the butt to mount accessories, although its use is unknown.

There are markings on the side of the weapon just above the magazine cavity, designated ACR-P1 (the P1 indicates that it is a prototype) with the serial number below it.

It must be noted that this weapon must be at least related in development to the SAR-21 as the essential components are the same; the integral 1.5 scope, the integral LAM and the Kevlar cheek plate are commonplace on both rifles.

Only very few prototypes exist. It is not known if they have seen active service. As of writing, all the existing pieces are either being kept in storage or damaged beyond repair and have thus been disposed of.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2008 02:42 AM | Show all posts
not so radical design...just a bit of touch up here n there

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2008 08:09 PM | Show all posts
If I'm not wrong ST Kinetics is working with DSTA on a new integrated grenade launcher/rifle with an infrared aiming sight. As always, there are few details. Maybe this rifle is the testbed prototype where the new design will be based on.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2008 08:28 PM | Show all posts
The rifle may look ordinary but it will fire a homing bullet that can follow its target and can differentiate between friend or foe.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2008 09:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 edelweiss101's post

wah.... this singapore produced rifle huh.... si bei ho indeed huh.....   surely will piss off those g*ng kia here ..... surely those g*ng kia will get si bei tu lan......

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2008 10:05 PM | Show all posts
I think the mamak gang can certainly use one of these.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 7-2-2008 06:21 AM | Show all posts
izzit me or the sar 21 look like tavor? was imi involve in their development?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-2-2008 08:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mentosonline at 3-2-2008 08:09 PM
If I'm not wrong ST Kinetics is working with DSTA on a new integrated grenade launcher/rifle with an infrared aiming sight. As always, there are few details. Maybe this rifle is the testbed proto ...

Looking on it at first, I thought it is SAR-21....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-5-2021 07:09 AM | Show all posts
M-4 is the basic name of ammunition. Forces of the different countries update their ammunitions with the latest technology. They develop different kinds of ammunition. night vision goggles are one of them. These goggles help a lot in dark areas. They developed it with the latest technology. These goggles perform without light.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2021 02:26 AM | Show all posts
I joined an expo in Singapore to explore some new weapons. I tried a couple of ammo however one thing that attracted my interest is Glock for sale. There are a couple of new features were added in that glock.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2021 03:05 AM | Show all posts
According to facts, 8 out of 10 gun owners feel secure and confident while carrying a gun with them. But Glock 20 for sale has been trending for the last few years. The reason is that its style and miniature look with decoration.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 06:56 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068245 second(s), 36 queries .