Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aku_EnSeM

Proper Fundamental Understanding on Science and Mathematics

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 4-3-2008 07:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 06:12 PM
oh! ur chemistry teacher was the one who did not say " tak payah beljaq lah tang ni, tak masuk SPM..ker?

Hehehe...

my chem teacher never told that to us, she tought as what she were supposed to do. Sometimes, it was out of our syllabus.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 07:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 07:29 PM
so, where do we go from here?

hahaha... back to the critical part, i think that at some point, we should go out of SPM books.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 07:44 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Atomic_Omnikid at 4-3-2008 06:24 PM

sounds like,not exactly..he always talks about our education system in the tone ,I'm was born intelligent but education ruined me..

He said that?

In my opinion, Malaysia Education System is super excellent for those who practise independent-learning..

My hypothesis is like this: Since Malaysia syllabus follows very much from the UK, we should see how the UK (Cambridge, more specifically) use this kinda learning system. Take a look on famous physicists, Newton for example, who came from the UK. At some point, we can say that the UK since early ages gave birth to famous thinker of humandkind. Then thats why UK applies this 'thinking' learning skills.

As we follow much of their education system, we also have to adapt their thinking skills, which is critical. However, I think Malaysia is not suitable for that.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-3-2008 07:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aku_EnSeM at 4-3-2008 19:44

He said that?

In my opinion, Malaysia Education System is super excellent for those who practise independent-learning..

My hypothesis is like this: Since Malaysia syl ...

It's much he compares the system of SPM,and since he's an STPM teacher..he sometimes condemns matriculation which ministry put as equivalent to HSC in term of entrance of IPTA.Maybe I should stop here,I kinda feel that I'm not doing some genuine thinking...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-3-2008 07:54 PM | Show all posts

if i may ask ..do not mean to pry

why makes u suddenly realised that you wanted to make a thread out of this topic, as i am fully aware that this thread is not aproduct of saja saja ...not that u just made up out of a good nite's  sleeep i suppose?

Use magic Report

Post time 4-3-2008 07:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aku_EnSeM at 4-3-2008 19:44

He said that?

My hypothesis is like this: Since Malaysia syl ...

Malangnya,pelajar malaysia amik iktibar dr Stephen Hawking..yg selalu gi boating maser kat campus...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-3-2008 07:59 PM | Show all posts
The UK system does  apply the critical part of thinking in their curricula, especially that of  health sciences & related disciplines. U need hack - a -lot of critical thinking in evidence-based practice.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 08:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 07:59 PM
The UK system does  apply the critical part of thinking in their curricula, especially that of  health sciences & related disciplines. U need hack - a -lot of critical thinking in evidence-based  ...

Yeah, and we can see that in Malaysia Education system. However, not many of us realise that. Even worse, there are bunch of students who already master the pattern of Malaysia Exam, and when big xams are around the corner, there appear forecast papers and stuff.... Well, it helps to get an A, but it doesnt help us to build another world-class tower.

Malaysian ni nk kene push, baru gerak...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-3-2008 08:13 PM | Show all posts

this part ....

Originally posted by Atomic_Omnikid at 4-3-2008 07:55 PM

Malangnya,pelajar malaysia amik iktibar dr Stephen Hawking..yg selalu gi boating maser kat campus...

eh Handsome,

this part really reminded me of a book written by a lady...and .. yes she is a  "d" daughter of albert einstein - and quoted at the front cover of the book /( was it the  back cover???? i dunno ) is  the writings of his  daughter  in a letter  addressed to Mr Einstein himself; she told  him ".....dear papa today my teacher scolded me for not paying attention in the class, as  i am watching the birds outside......" and if  iam not mistaken ( and I stand corrected)his replied was to his daughter was ," no  keep on watching those birds......" sort of like that ..

i dunno what he really meant though, but surely, i think to a certain extent,  he must be thinking of observation of  natural occuring phenomenon and events.

then why oh why again , i think ... this gifted people tend to u know , have this kind of "u might want to call this - smelling the bed of roses moment ?' while other students are very much busy studying the fundamentals???

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 08:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 07:54 PM
why makes u suddenly realised that you wanted to make a thread out of this topic, as i am fully aware that this thread is not aproduct of saja saja ...not that u just made up out of a good nite's ...

ic...

actually, ive been thinking about this thing for a long time, but just few days ago i wanted to write it down in this board... but, this is not to insult any body...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-3-2008 08:18 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 08:13 PM

eh Handsome,

this part really reminded me of a book written by a lady...and .. yes she is a  "d" daughter of albert einstein - and quoted at the front cover of the book /( was it the  back c ...

oo yea, and i remembered that they sort of put this in a film, i cant remember what...

In that scence, a child was staring at an animal, than his/her teacher said that "I wish I could think the way he/she thinks"

Use magic Report

Post time 4-3-2008 08:32 PM | Show all posts
brilliant ....hopefully that animal was a safari - based animal - a herbivore not from a biggy feline family ....then that child must be aum..aum

but hey look..this  child must be around  the age of 5-6-7yrs ,  you see, as  children within this age group begin to be aware of their thinking...it is called as metacognition = "the thinking about thinking"

he said '" i wonder what the animal is thinking" so this child is thinking about what other is thinking...he realised this.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-3-2008 06:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 4-3-2008 20:13

eh Handsome,

this part really reminded me of a book written by a lady...and .. yes she is a  "d" daughter of albert einstein - and quoted at the front cover of the book /( was it the  back c ...

not to mention,they're also stubborn..almost childlike in satifying their curiousity.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-3-2008 06:08 PM | Show all posts
well, im jest concerned whether or not universities in malaysia focus on critical thinking...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2008 01:18 PM | Show all posts
so how would  a "proper" understanding of S&M be from ur veiwpoint?

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2008 01:21 PM | Show all posts
and by which mechanism does this proper understanding of  S&M will help Malaysia to  achieve her 2020 vision?

remember the challenge no 9??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-3-2008 07:22 PM | Show all posts

Reply #76 mbhcsf's post

hehehe...

perhaps the ministry of education have started something. My uncle, who is an officer of the ministry have been assigned to go to other more developed countries and observe their exam system. The ministry is planning to adapt the system and I hope there will be some improvement in our education system.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2008 10:19 AM | Show all posts
improvement not only applies to the way the question being constructed but the human capaital, the training, the competency etc ..so this is a big gaiant step forward nih...berapa lama?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-3-2008 03:21 PM | Show all posts

Reply #78 mbhcsf's post

brapa lama apa?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2008 03:23 PM | Show all posts
hahaa ? lama nak capai tahap yg dikatakan proper understanding tu?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 12:50 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.394387 second(s), 42 queries .