Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

Ulasan dan Cadangan Buku English

[Copy link]
Post time 9-10-2004 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by azaleena at 7-10-2004 09:55 AM:
haaa ... sapa2 yg lahir in early 70s & before mesti ingat cite ni kat tv "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"

buku ni available kat MPH in 9 series.

Cite pasal family yg moved to Prair ...

tak pernah baca....

tapi dulu2 kecik selalu tengok tv progrem ni....

masih ingat2 lagi karakter2 dia, sikit demi sikit bertambah...

masa yang sama, mereka makin membesar dan dewasa....

Tak boleh lupa Nelly si kepo,
dan jugak sapa yang yatim piatu tu yang Ingalls family ambik jadi anak angkat?

bila mak bapak mereka turun slope gunung naik kuda, then brake tak makan then mak bapak dorang mati....

Paling feveret lagu tema dia, then Laura Ingalls kot? yang lompat masa freeze frame tu hehehehe

tua nye aku

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-11-2004 09:16 AM | Show all posts
If anyone is interested in history, try "Sowing the Wind" by John Keay. Its a good book on the origins of the middle east political divisions and the emergence of nation states.

As for a relaxing tone, try "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Its a good classic.

R6

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-11-2004 12:08 PM | Show all posts
Virginia Andrew pon ok gak...plot about...sibling rivalry, incest, family tragedies n skeleton in the cupboard etc...if u have the stomach to read about those...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2004 12:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 17-11-2004 12:08:
Virginia Andrew pon ok gak...plot about...sibling rivalry, incest, family tragedies n skeleton in the cupboard etc...if u have the stomach to read about those...

Wahhhhh... Bestttttttt...........

Especially series.... Flowers in the attic...
Make U wonder on the possibility......
and open up to all the probability....

tapi lepas virginia dah takder....
and a group of writers took over....
dah tak best dahhhhh....

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2004 12:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by LoLiPoP at 28-9-2004 08:55:
All books by :

Judith McNaught
Sidney Sheldon
Jackie Collins (ni content may be too extreme for kids laa)
Nora Roberts (my personal favourite)

The above are fews of my fav authors....
but dah lamer giler tak follow their latest books....
So many authors to remember....  too long ago...
Dah luper........

Used to know Sidney 1st....
then Judith and Nora...
Jackie cam kemudian sikit.....
But to compare them is unfair (at least for me...)

But memula carik buku

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2004 12:43 PM | Show all posts

Oh yes........

and wht about... JUDE DEVERAUX???

cant remember the exact spellingg
but her books great...  love her too..... :bgrin:

My 1st... "A Knight in Shining Amour"

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-11-2004 02:10 PM | Show all posts

psttttttttt  *its ARMOR....  

Let me listing down further........
yang aku hingat & ter'stumble upon' kat eBay... :lol

> Danielle Steel
> Johanna Lindsey
> Judith Michael
> Judith Krantz
> Julie Garwood
> Barbara Cartland
> Jilly Cooper

kehkehkeh,,,,, sumer authors citer

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2004 02:10 PM | Show all posts

And wht about Agatha Christie.....  anyone???

And alsooo by Dean R. Koontz???

Iskhhhhhhhhh banyok ler plok........  :bgrin:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-11-2004 03:51 PM | Show all posts
errr...aku cadang buku blajo bahse inggeris lam masa 30 ari leh tak?kira english reading gak ler kan

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2004 05:10 PM | Show all posts
Penny Vincenzi
aku ada 3 buku dia aje..Another Woman, Wicked Pleasures, Outrageous Affair..novel dia lain, tak terbaca lagi

Another woman...
A dream wedding becomes a nightmare - as the bride disappears...

The night before her lavish wedding to Oliver Bergin, Cressida Forrest went to bed serene and happy. By morning she had vanished - without apparent cause, and without trace. Shocked, anxious and uncomprehending, the two families face a long and painful day of revelations, as a complex, fragile web of sexual, marital and financial secrets is ripped apart by Cressida's disappearance. And the question they are all forced to ask is who really was the woman they thought they new - perfect daughter, sister, lover and wife never to be?

Wicked Pleasures...
All families have secrets. This family hid a secret which would tear it apart.

Sexy, glamorous and fun, Wicked Pleasures is the story of a brother and two sisters who find out that they all have different fathers: none of them Alexander, Earl of Caterham, who was married to their mother for almost twenty years. It is the story of the power and the greed of the mega-rich, as the great family banking business upon which fortunes are won and lost comes to the brink of ruin, and family ties are tested to the utmost

Outrageous Affair
yg ni ..sampai sekarang aku tak habis baca..huhu..

baca sendiri arr synopsis dia kat homepage bawah ni
http://www.penny-vincenzi.com/books.htm

antara yg 3 kat atas tuu, prefer wicked pleasures...tapi novel dia a bit tebal, so org yg macam aku nii...banyak ngelat, baca lompat-lompat

Leha, Gadis Klasik

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2004 08:13 AM | Show all posts

Aku tak reti ler bacer ngelat

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2004 08:55 AM | Show all posts
Masa sekolah dulu memang selalu baca buku2 cerita utk tingkatkan BI. Tapi sekarang prefer lagi newspapers & magazines sebab dgn cara ni bukan saja boleh meningkatkan BI tapi update with the current issues & world news.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2004 08:57 AM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by Pe4RL at 18-11-2004 08:13 AM:

Aku tak reti ler bacer ngelat

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2004 09:23 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Pe4RL at 17-11-2004 12:43 PM:

Oh yes........

and wht about... JUDE DEVERAUX???

cant remember the exact spellingg
but her books great...  love her too..... :bgrin:

My 1st... "A Knight in Shining Amou ...

Mmg best..saya pon dah bace..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-11-2004 09:24 PM | Show all posts
Saper peminat ceta hantu/mysteries bacalah
Goosebumps
Fear Street
Dracula

buku

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2004 12:49 PM | Show all posts
Buku English yg Anna bacer ..

Harry Potter Series : Sesuai kalau nak bacakan utk adik2 [kena terjemahkan seniri dalam bahasa ibunda la]
Novel Judith McNaugh & Danielle Steel : Romance lor..hik hik :lol
The Star Newspaper : Banyak artikel selain berita. Bagus utk vocab
Magazine : Kalau tak larat yg berat2, amik yg kaler kaler mcm Women's Health, Cleo, Marie Claire
Dictionary : Benda paling penting utk refer words yg kita tak berapa paham

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-11-2004 12:06 PM | Show all posts
best..best..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-12-2004 11:24 AM | Show all posts
my early books....

To me reading is a very tiring way of enjoying oneself .... so these days I try to be a bit discerning in choosing what books to read....if I want easy and instant pleasure I choose watching DVDs ...though  of course many really good films are also emotionally taxing....

Coming back to books... I'm a bit careful now on what I choose  to read... and I don't mean we should be snobbish or elitist in our choice of books...but what I'm trying to get at is that books should kind of stick in your mind and may even change or color your life in a new ways...after you've read them... the after effect should linger in one way or another...and I only want to read books that I also want to proudly keep in my library....so no more pulp and airport fictions for me...or those authors that I consider only trying to make money out of writing rather than writing to say something....

When I was young I used to read those abridged classsics... you know people like Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Black Arrow", Dracula (Bram Stoker),  Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain), Don Quixote (Cervantes ) etc....later in the university I revisited some of these books in complete and unabridged versions....  and I just rediscovered Mark Twain last year.

I'm surprised that he also wrote really marvellous travel books and I found "Innocent Abroad" his book on travel to Jerusalem was really hilarious....may be I'm wrong but I think gonzo style of writing by people like Hunter S Thompson  and the manic writings of P J O'Rourke may be influenced by Twain...

....Then I discovered those old  European writers...Zola, Balzac, Gogol (Russia), Dostoevsky (Russia)   Fontane , Kafka etc....Dostoevsky's "Crime and punishment" is one of the books that influenced my moral outlook...in fact my hotmail email address is taken after the protagonist....raskolnikov....

These days I don't read much old classics anymore ...I'm trying to listen to  the current voice by reading LIVING good new writers  like Zadie Smith ('White Teeth' was a good tragicomic story about these young muslims in Britian who gradually became "extremists"...) and not so young British and non British and established authors like Ian McEwan,  J M Coetzee etc... these guys are still very much alive unlike those old Dostoevsky, Zola and the rest of old masters who are of course long dead now...

Use magic Report

RasaCinta This user has been deleted
Post time 6-12-2004 11:01 PM | Show all posts
a sequel to my previous post

SUSAN COOLIDGE - 4 'Katy' books.. an old orange book.. i don't know whether can be found in bookstores..
What Katy did
what katy did at sckool
What Katy did next
Clover

sinopsis:
susan coolidge describes the games and squabbles, the tragedies
and comedies of family life as the children grow up in a way which
gives these ever popular stories a charm all of their own.

[ Last edited by RasaCinta on 13-1-2005 at 12:21 PM ]

Use magic Report

RasaCinta This user has been deleted
Post time 8-12-2004 05:32 PM | Show all posts
elizabeth berg...buku dia ciput jer...10 or so.. tapi karya dia best banget...she's my 2nd fav...n for sure, can't beat danielle steel.. :clap:

1. OPEN HOUSE
Open House is a love story about what can blossom between a man and a woman, and within a woman herself.

THE PULL OF THE MOON

Nan leaves her husband, gets in the car and drives across the country, following the moon. En route, she talks to people, writes letters to her husband, and jots in her diary--saying things she`s never said before and trying to reshape the fabric of her life.

TALK BEFORE SLEEP...quite vexing...she wrote bout breast cancer.. but can give it a try lah

RANGE OF MOTION

A woman waiting for her husband to awake from a coma discovers the meaning of love, friendship, and faith.

[ Last edited by RasaCinta on 15-1-2005 at 01:47 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 11:53 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070624 second(s), 45 queries .